The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are You Buying Grand Topal Hideaway?

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    and is absolutely gorgeous. Please let me know, and your reasoning as to why.
    No, because it's not gorgeous at all. Hell, there isn't even any Kotu Gava netting around the windows or doors, and I certainly don't want those bloodsuckers feasting on my big toe.

Also, the price. I can buy a new car for that price. A real one. That works. And has storage I can use.

• haukke
    haukke
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I want it
    I need it
    it is too big
    it is not necessary
    and mostly I want it
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Violynne wrote: »
    No, because it's not gorgeous at all. Hell, there isn't even any Kotu Gava netting around the windows or doors, and I certainly don't want those bloodsuckers feasting on my big toe.

Also, the price. I can buy a new car for that price. A real one. That works. And has storage I can use.

A new car that is probably less than $100? NEW?
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Yeah, even a Tata Nano would set you back around $2500, which basically buys you four wheels, a key, and a death wish.
    signing off
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...

Not just any car, a BMW!

2d879975-519e-43d6-ae06-dd46825ac0cd_1.74d5efcdeed2ff0d2b8c84d84179a8d2.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

->--Willow--<-
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...

Livvy wrote: »

Not just any car, a BMW!

2d879975-519e-43d6-ae06-dd46825ac0cd_1.74d5efcdeed2ff0d2b8c84d84179a8d2.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

Even THAT car is more than $100.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of posts here commenting on the crown price of Grand Topal as if it's been revealed. I can't find that reveal on the News page, on Twitter, in the Crown Store forum, in the ESO Reddit, or in this thread. Does anyone have a link to an official statement on the cost?
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Does it remind anyone a bit of the island in the film Moana?

Now that you mention it yea it does.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    Probably not; I don't even use most of the houses I already have.

I was half tempted in case they ever add the functionality I want to housing in the future, but that's too much of a gamble for my liking. It's a shame they made it limited time only, these limited time gimmicks don't make me more likely to buy things.

Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I didn't buy an elder scrolls game to play "Medieval Sims".

It's insane to me how much money people are willing to spend for something like this... literally 0 functionality.

Because different people enjoy different things? I don't think it's too amazing for people to enjoy different things. But that is your opinion, and this is mine.

If we want to get down to things really having functionality the majority of the crown store has no functionality.

And I consider houses to have functionality if for nothing else than the target dummy on console.

Didn't zos say that there would be new houses with Morrowind as well? Might want to check those out to.
  • Poliwrath
    Poliwrath
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    i still cant believe housing has absolutely no useful functionality. what a waste
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    For example, some people spend thousands of dollars on Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic the Gathering cards.
    My Tarmogoyf playsets are greeting you with their middle-class fingers because they don't really give a damn about spending some bucks on good collectible s#!t and they also have no idea about their own existence. Or something. ;)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    A strong wind or a big bad wolf could destroy all your buildings...Not to mention tropical storms or a lit match.

And no waterslide?

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, because...
    Grand nopal more like it. Large homes lag out look at all the people who got screwed by the cave. That and it's priced stupid high to get you to panic and buy it thinking it must be worth it.

It's priced high? They released the cost of the home?

It's like 160usd. Lol
    @ComboBreaker88 where did you see the price posted for it? How many crowns is it? I didn't think that was being released anywhere until it was available for purchase...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I don't like the layout of the houses itself. and I already own Hounding's palatial hall that was FAR cheaper, actualy has a house that looks and decorates like a house, all the while being a nice sprawling beach property that works wonderfully as a vacation home.

and not really a fan of volcanoes so close to home anyways. (pompei anyone?)
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes because the sale and I want it.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Pick one. Any one.
    :wink:
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭

Probably a KIA.
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    No, because...
    No because I don't want to spend real money on something which offers no real benefit - no storage in houses which is staggering, no rest bonus by sleeping in house, I don't like the interiors of any of the houses, dark and claustrophobic because there are no windows to see to the outside. Hence I bought a Sleek Creek house and will live on the large balcony and paddle in the river that runs through my garden :smile: It's probably ok for a guild though.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I'm happy with my embassy and not willing to fork over the amount of real money it would take to get it. If I were willing to fork over that kind of money, it would be for Earthtear Cavern, not the island.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    No, because $$$$$ LMAO B)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • johnnified
    johnnified
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    yes, because unlike everyone I don't whine about stuff.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I'm beginning to notice a trend of how people keep saying how expensive the house is, but haven't once mentioned how/where they have gotten such information. It's starting to look like yet another situation of folks lacking the sauce with their bold dishes. And I don't know about everyone else, but I just don't eat any old thing presented before me. I need the sauce at all times. :p
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I'm guessing somewhere around 20k. Total guess though.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • d0e1ow
    d0e1ow
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I'm beginning to notice a trend of how people keep saying how expensive the house is, but haven't once mentioned how/where they have gotten such information. It's starting to look like yet another situation of folks lacking the sauce with their bold dishes. And I don't know about everyone else, but I just don't eat any old thing presented before me. I need the sauce at all times. :p

You keep purses and shoes in your closet that you never use or wear. I would never take advice from you.
    "Her mystery was as essential to her as savagery was to Boethiah or treachery was to Molag Bal. To understand Nocturnal is to negate her, to pull back the curtains cloaking her realm of darkness." - Sigillah Parate "Invocation of Azura"

• lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Donari wrote: »
    I see a lot of posts here commenting on the crown price of Grand Topal as if it's been revealed. I can't find that reveal on the News page, on Twitter, in the Crown Store forum, in the ESO Reddit, or in this thread. Does anyone have a link to an official statement on the cost?

Based on the limited sales time, it's a pretty safe bet that ZOS will price it at least the same as, but likely more than, Earthtear Cavern. That's close enough for many people to make a decision.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    d0e1ow wrote: »

You keep purses and shoes in your closet that you never use or wear. I would never take advice from you.

Um... Okay? That's entirely up to you. I also don't believe that I tried giving you any advice to begin with. But, maybe I have somewhere before. Who knows?

Oh, and for the record? It's not as uncommon as you think to keep things such as: Clothing, jewelry, etc. in a collected state. Essentially never being worn and or used. It's a huge thing actually collecting sneakers, and even coined the term: "Sneaker Head" from it. Google it. Some people spend thousands on sneakers that they never plan on wearing ever. That's just their preference and how they feel like balling out.

I wonder how you'd feel about the people who spend millions upon millions of dollars on homes, but never actually stay there at them. But, buy them for a status symbol and for collection reasons. Some of them don't even have intentions on flipping the houses. They just buy them for bragging rights within their circle. I'd love to see your reaction overhearing those people's conversations. Or the people who buy supercar after supercar, just to throw in 1 of their garages and leave them there abandoned. Even though they pay thousands a month to have the cars serviced, and kept in pristine condition. Lol. Again with no intentions of ever selling, and or flipping.
  • d0e1ow
    d0e1ow
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    d0e1ow wrote: »

Um... Okay? That's entirely up to you. I also don't believe that I tried giving you any advice to begin with. But, maybe I have somewhere before. Who knows?

Oh, and for the record? It's not as uncommon as you think to keep things such as: Clothing, jewelry, etc. in a collected state. Essentially never being worn and or used. It's a huge thing actually collecting sneakers, and even coined the term: "Sneaker Head" from it. Google it. Some people spend thousands on sneakers that they never plan on wearing ever. That's just their preference and how they feel like balling out.

I wonder how you'd feel about the people who spend millions upon millions of dollars on homes, but never actually stay there at them. But, buy them for a status symbol and for collection reasons. Some of them don't even have intentions on flipping the houses. They just buy them for bragging rights within their circle. I'd love to see your reaction overhearing those people's conversations. Or the people who buy supercar after supercar, just to throw in 1 of their garages and leave them there abandoned. Even though they pay thousands a month to have the cars serviced, and kept in pristine condition. Lol. Again with no intentions of ever selling, and or flipping.

Well, since you said you'd love to see my reaction... people who hoard up material goods, houses, shoes, purses, modes of transportation... while thousands, millions, go hungry, lack medical care, housing, clothing, education? They sit in their private property while we toil in the fields and suffer. What is to be done? What is my reaction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUQP94ix2cc

Let us take your shoes from you and re-distribute them to those without shoes. Let us rip these unused homes from the greedy palms and give them to those with no roof. Let us take the food that spoils in the pantry of the store and instead use it to fill the belly of the children.

Let me stop myself before I tear up any further. I'm becoming sentimental, you see... let me say no more. Let it be the silent stirring in the heart of every worker that speaks for me.
    "Her mystery was as essential to her as savagery was to Boethiah or treachery was to Molag Bal. To understand Nocturnal is to negate her, to pull back the curtains cloaking her realm of darkness." - Sigillah Parate "Invocation of Azura"

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    ....after cancelling my subscription, I refuse to spend another penny on this game UNTIL I see what changes will be made due to player feedback over the current ridiculous changes that are planned for the game.

If ZoS LISTEN to their community and make changes to keep the game fun and exciting, I'll resubscribe and continue to throw money at the game (And ZoS know that I am very happy to throw money at this game because I love it).

But if they pay no attention to anyone just like previous patches were things have been done with no consideration to the paying customer, then I will know that our custom and appreciation for the game isn't valued and I'll find something else to play.

ON the other hand, if they do. I'll buy every house released in the EP, because that's how roll. x
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara