The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are You Buying Grand Topal Hideaway?

• Hazethemadman
    Hazethemadman
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Because these prices are from another planet.

I buy vanity items and whatnot in games all the time, but these prices are the most outrageous things I have ever seen in my 12 years of gaming.
    Edited by Hazethemadman on April 26, 2017 3:45PM
    Samael- VR16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Bacchic Battery- 38 Magicka Sorcerer
    Nihil Dicit- 12 Magicka Templar
    Villion- 20 Stamina Nightblade
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    First of all I have no use for it.

Secondly, I am caught up in the grind anyway so I don't have time for another aspect of ESO.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No
  • lunawisp
    lunawisp
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I already have a home which I don't visit that often because there's so little to actually do there apart from laze about on a tiny beach. And, based on the other homes, the price for that island is likely to be horrendous.
    lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - a game sadly consigned to history. She lives on in memory as my gaming id.
    Playing on EU PC Server.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    ...it doesn't appeal to me, plus it won't fit what I have planned for my characters.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, because...
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Because I didn't buy an elder scrolls game to play "Medieval Sims".

It's insane to me how much money people are willing to spend for something like this... literally 0 functionality.

It's fun - to be fair, trials and campaigns don't have any real function either other than to entertain people. You spend your money on your things, I'll spend mine on frippery.

That's actual game content...It's built into the original idea of the game. i didn't pay anything besides the base game purchase for that. Housing was an after-thought to make money by doing very little work. I never said "Don't spend your money on....". So go right ahead... pay 4 times the cost of the base game to have an in game ESO house party or whatever you wanna do.

Also... you could go into ANY home in the game and claim it's yours. That home and the home you pay real money to obtain... have the same functions. (beside deciding on where to place the same exact decorations that already exist in the npc homes)
    If you spend money on DLCs/ESO+ to get the DLCs, you've spent additional money for content. Though the Grand Hideaway is pretty insanely priced(It'll take a -lot- to get me to buy it from the store)

Regarding claiming any home as mine - as an RPer, it's different for a couple reasons.
    1. It's really nice to be able to say 'this is what it looks like exactly'.
    2. Zoning. I don't have to worry about trolls or griefers.
    3. With furnishings you can substantially change a house into whatever you want. One gal I know turned a house/courtyard to a cave system that was a lot like Ungoro Crater. You can't find that in game.
    I have too many houses at this point :(
    *sighs* Same....

PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No

Morrowind will likely add 100% better homes anyway
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Nope, when i get enough crowns from my Sub then i will buy a different house. Forgotten Stronghold is the house i want.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe, because...
    Maybe. Depends on how much it costs. I'll have to walk around in it a few times in preview mode to decide if I want it or not.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I find no value in housing, as it is today.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    It's massive, i'll bring foreign dignitaries there and charge 200k membership. It will be my own little White House errr Mar a logo ;)
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    And yes because... Crown Store sale. Please do this more often!
  • playsforfun
    playsforfun
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    if it came out when housing came out i would've brought this just purely on hype but i was rather disappointed with the housing system when it was released and I've lost interest in the system completely now.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    not until ZO$ make a serious effort to fix the game, instead of one big patch a quarter that breaks a ton of other stuff and call it quits
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    ...it may be the only island I ever own. I have two acres in Hawaii, but not the whole island!
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Sure it may be bigger than the other Manor class homes, but I'm guessing the same constrictions apply which I'm already running into with the Daggerfall Overlook, so the Grand Topal Hideaway would be too empty for its size, plus it doesn't offer anything new to housing. I'm happy with my manor.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I own Mathiisen Manor and I don't give a damn about the island that I don't even like.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I won't have saved up enough Crowns from my ESO+ subscription in time as ZOS is making this a limited time purchase. Yes, I could have just purchased more Crowns, but I have a budget I like to stick to, and this just doesn't fit into that budget.
  • Lavennin
    Lavennin
    ✭✭✭

I buy vanity items and whatnot in games all the time, but these prices are the most outrageous things I have ever seen in my 12 years of gaming.

Well...the last MMO I played has a white wig that costs ~$1000.
    So yeah, I've found the prices pretty reasonable. Not that I own any of the houses but still.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to like the Topal Hideaway. I really do. But, I go and preview it and think it just won't work for me. I will look at it again and decide this weekend.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, because...
    Lavennin wrote: »

So yeah, I've found the prices pretty reasonable. Not that I own any of the houses but still.

What. Just what? How the *** did they justify that?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no option for teleporting to someone else's and being Khajiit beach bumb .
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No, because I don't like spending hard earned money on useless, overpriced pixels.
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    I'm not paying that much real money for something fake.

Yet you'll spend $1000 on a TV and $150 a month a cable to load your brain with "fake".

One person's fake is another persons hours of entertainment.

• Lavennin
    Lavennin
    ✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Lavennin wrote: »

What. Just what? How the *** did they justify that?
    Asian MMOs tend to do that. Same as pricing a mobile game (so long it's not free, it's the devs being greedy). Because it has always been that way nothing needs to be justified.

• DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, because...
    Maybe, if I have enough crowns left. However I'm not gonna spend extra money on it, that's just not worth it.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Does it remind anyone a bit of the island in the film Moana?
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Jollygoodusername
    Jollygoodusername
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I have free Hideout and free furnishings with it in Path of Exile and can't even be bothered with them. The idea itself needs to be based on it's usefulness to the player, not just the aesthetics, especially so when hard earned gold or globally recognized currencies are used to purchase.

Also, would it kill anyone to add the housing cost in the menu, so we don't have to load so many screens for payment options? Took me quite a long time just to see all of the housing available, in order to determine that not even the free inn rooms are of use >_< But the cave does look phenomenal in comparison to all others so far.

Who knows, maybe with some improvements to business practices, in time I'll come around to getting another year of subscription and possibly purchase the Morrowind DLC, in hopes of getting a Telvanni 'Shroom house.
    Edited by Jollygoodusername on April 26, 2017 5:42PM
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, because...
    Because I didn't buy an elder scrolls game to play "Medieval Sims".

It's insane to me how much money people are willing to spend for something like this... literally 0 functionality.

So why does it surprise you that other people in a massive-multiplayer RPG have a different approach?

I rather like playing "Medieval Sims" in ESO, and have no interest in vet content or PvP. Why shouldn't ZOS provide things I like?
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    The only house I am interested in is Serenity Falls estate.