Maintenance for the week of March 1:
•  [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 1, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

Sorc doesn't need nerfs it just Pirate S

  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can do 8k curse crits, but not very often, and ONLY when running Max DMG, no-sustain sets.

    Its nowhere near that high if I have lich and pirate skelly on.

    In fact if we see these sustain/defense sets nerfed, you'll see more sorcs going for balls-out damage..
    Then well just see a different set of tears..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

    PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will kill my bs tank though.. Pve. There needs to be a fix for pvp only
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well there ya go, make the healing debuff unpurgeable and make the major protection buff not effect shields and were good :p
    GT: AK x Zombie

    Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1


    RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler








  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Well I can agree with OP that sorc dont need nerfs because class itself isnt a problem it's just combinations on many non class related things makes this build too strong. I would start of lowering bastion shields strenght down to ~15-20% , and adding pirate skeleton additional debuff that lowers shields strenght by 15%. Also infernal guardian , amberplasm and lich could get some rework. Curse dmg could be split by half and it would explode instant when applied with 1st half and at the end with 2nd half.

    Wow, start by saying sorc doesn't need a nerf, than advocate a 20% nerf in shields, AND nerving the main sorc sustain sets AND halving the only reliable class DMG ability (which can already only be used every 3 seconds).
    I'd hate to see what you'd do to a class that you thought did need nerfing!

    But those aren't nerfs to the sorc class. Except curse. But it is hitting a little too hard I'm getting hit with 8k curses. it's hitting like a ultimate but it's not impossible to deal with. Those sustain sets 100% need a Nerf though. They are what's making sorc op. Nothing in the sorc class stands out as op but with lich and pirate it completely puts sorc over the top. It's pretty easy to see that certain sorc builds are over performing. As long as sets allow sorcs to keep shields up 100% it will be op. The weakness of the sorc is it has poor sustain and is squishy. lich and ps completely cover up those weaknesses

    Curse will do 16K damage over 12 seconds. Or 8K after 3 seconds.

    How much damage does dizzying swing do in one second? How about snipe in about two seconds?

    Curse isn't OP. L2P. It's a DOT. Purge or outheal it.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Well I can agree with OP that sorc dont need nerfs because class itself isnt a problem it's just combinations on many non class related things makes this build too strong. I would start of lowering bastion shields strenght down to ~15-20% , and adding pirate skeleton additional debuff that lowers shields strenght by 15%. Also infernal guardian , amberplasm and lich could get some rework. Curse dmg could be split by half and it would explode instant when applied with 1st half and at the end with 2nd half.

    Wow, start by saying sorc doesn't need a nerf, than advocate a 20% nerf in shields, AND nerving the main sorc sustain sets AND halving the only reliable class DMG ability (which can already only be used every 3 seconds).
    I'd hate to see what you'd do to a class that you thought did need nerfing!

    But those aren't nerfs to the sorc class. Except curse. But it is hitting a little too hard I'm getting hit with 8k curses. it's hitting like a ultimate but it's not impossible to deal with. Those sustain sets 100% need a Nerf though. They are what's making sorc op. Nothing in the sorc class stands out as op but with lich and pirate it completely puts sorc over the top. It's pretty easy to see that certain sorc builds are over performing. As long as sets allow sorcs to keep shields up 100% it will be op. The weakness of the sorc is it has poor sustain and is squishy. lich and ps completely cover up those weaknesses

    Curse will do 16K damage over 12 seconds. Or 8K after 3 seconds.

    How much damage does dizzying swing do in one second? How about snipe in about two seconds?

    Curse isn't OP. L2P. It's a DOT. Purge or outheal it.
    Curse isn't a DOT in the traditional sense and you know that, all of its damage happen at the same time at 3 seconds and again 12 seconds.Regular damage over time abilities apply small amount of damage every second which can be out heal curse is completely different.Also no one run purge but templars.

    Well In 1 second with my build a Dizzying swing will only hit for 4-4.5k while a curse will hit for 8k.How this will actually work in the game Someone will only land 1 D swing on you in three seconds if you know what your doing.You can Block dodge or walk into the person Dizzying Swinging you.Curse on the other hand is undodgeable and un blockable.Your more likely to be hit by a curse than a Swing any day.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Well I can agree with OP that sorc dont need nerfs because class itself isnt a problem it's just combinations on many non class related things makes this build too strong. I would start of lowering bastion shields strenght down to ~15-20% , and adding pirate skeleton additional debuff that lowers shields strenght by 15%. Also infernal guardian , amberplasm and lich could get some rework. Curse dmg could be split by half and it would explode instant when applied with 1st half and at the end with 2nd half.

    Wow, start by saying sorc doesn't need a nerf, than advocate a 20% nerf in shields, AND nerving the main sorc sustain sets AND halving the only reliable class DMG ability (which can already only be used every 3 seconds).
    I'd hate to see what you'd do to a class that you thought did need nerfing!

    But those aren't nerfs to the sorc class. Except curse. But it is hitting a little too hard I'm getting hit with 8k curses. it's hitting like a ultimate but it's not impossible to deal with. Those sustain sets 100% need a Nerf though. They are what's making sorc op. Nothing in the sorc class stands out as op but with lich and pirate it completely puts sorc over the top. It's pretty easy to see that certain sorc builds are over performing. As long as sets allow sorcs to keep shields up 100% it will be op. The weakness of the sorc is it has poor sustain and is squishy. lich and ps completely cover up those weaknesses

    Curse will do 16K damage over 12 seconds. Or 8K after 3 seconds.

    How much damage does dizzying swing do in one second? How about snipe in about two seconds?

    Curse isn't OP. L2P. It's a DOT. Purge or outheal it.
    Curse isn't a DOT in the traditional sense and you know that, all of its damage happen at the same time at 3 seconds and again 12 seconds.Regular damage over time abilities apply small amount of damage every second which can be out heal curse is completely different.Also no one run purge but templars.

    Well In 1 second with my build a Dizzying swing will only hit for 4-4.5k while a curse will hit for 8k.How this will actually work in the game Someone will only land 1 D swing on you in three seconds if you know what your doing.You can Block dodge or walk into the person Dizzying Swinging you.Curse on the other hand is undodgeable and un blockable.Your more likely to be hit by a curse than a Swing any day.

    If your stats for the 8k curse were equivalent in your stam build as in your mag build your DS would hit for more than 5k
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1200+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

    Waffennacht' Builds
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Well I can agree with OP that sorc dont need nerfs because class itself isnt a problem it's just combinations on many non class related things makes this build too strong. I would start of lowering bastion shields strenght down to ~15-20% , and adding pirate skeleton additional debuff that lowers shields strenght by 15%. Also infernal guardian , amberplasm and lich could get some rework. Curse dmg could be split by half and it would explode instant when applied with 1st half and at the end with 2nd half.

    Wow, start by saying sorc doesn't need a nerf, than advocate a 20% nerf in shields, AND nerving the main sorc sustain sets AND halving the only reliable class DMG ability (which can already only be used every 3 seconds).
    I'd hate to see what you'd do to a class that you thought did need nerfing!

    But those aren't nerfs to the sorc class. Except curse. But it is hitting a little too hard I'm getting hit with 8k curses. it's hitting like a ultimate but it's not impossible to deal with. Those sustain sets 100% need a Nerf though. They are what's making sorc op. Nothing in the sorc class stands out as op but with lich and pirate it completely puts sorc over the top. It's pretty easy to see that certain sorc builds are over performing. As long as sets allow sorcs to keep shields up 100% it will be op. The weakness of the sorc is it has poor sustain and is squishy. lich and ps completely cover up those weaknesses

    Curse will do 16K damage over 12 seconds. Or 8K after 3 seconds.

    How much damage does dizzying swing do in one second? How about snipe in about two seconds?

    Curse isn't OP. L2P. It's a DOT. Purge or outheal it.

    Curse isn't a dot and snipe hits way to hard. There is no way to l2p around free damage, but if you look what I wrote I said it's not impossible to deal with mainly because curse and weaves won't kill me because I'll block the frag, but it is a little ridiculous to try to play around. My class really doesn't have any burst healing and if I'm in light my hots are weak. I wish my magblade could get some free delayed damage like curse so I could hit multiple burst abilities in one GCD. as it is now the only way to deal with curse if you are outnumbered is to wear heavy armor if you are in light with just one shield curse will rip you apart in open world pvp as soon as you start fighting more than one person. Honestly it's worse than Jesus beam because at least Jesus beam I could get los on. Zerg empowering abilities like curse and snipe will always be my biggest pet peeve
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a debuff added to the game that reduces shield effectiveness, just like the one for healing. Something like "Reduces shield strength of any current or added shield for 10 seconds" or something like that.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Well I can agree with OP that sorc dont need nerfs because class itself isnt a problem it's just combinations on many non class related things makes this build too strong. I would start of lowering bastion shields strenght down to ~15-20% , and adding pirate skeleton additional debuff that lowers shields strenght by 15%. Also infernal guardian , amberplasm and lich could get some rework. Curse dmg could be split by half and it would explode instant when applied with 1st half and at the end with 2nd half.

    Wow, start by saying sorc doesn't need a nerf, than advocate a 20% nerf in shields, AND nerving the main sorc sustain sets AND halving the only reliable class DMG ability (which can already only be used every 3 seconds).
    I'd hate to see what you'd do to a class that you thought did need nerfing!

    1st of all those things like lowering shields effectivness is not targetting sorcs itself but things non class related that makes shields too strong and brainless in certain scenarios. Also about that 20% shields bnerf. Lowering bastion by 5% is not end of the world and lets be honest pirate skeleton needs some trade off for brainless shieldstacking. You would still be able to absorb more dmg on Your shields with Pirate Skeleton procced then without it and Your hp without shields would be protected without any differences. It wouldnt be just that incredibly effective like right now.

    Calling some sets ,,sorc sets" only pin point the actual problem where some of them are way too effective when weared by sorcerers comparing to other classes. We had nerfs of sets that was too effective for certain builds before so I dont get where is the problem.

    Calling curse only reliaqble dmg ability is exaggeration. Splitting dmg of curse is not lowering overall dmg done by curse but lowering overall burst potential which lets be honest right now is the highest for sorcs if we compare magicka builds. That's funny how You dont understand the idea because You say this skill can be used every 3 seconds but with change I was talking about it would deal instant dmg and then dmg again after 3 sec so You could decide You want instant blow and recast or 2 blows with waiting.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the armor a sorcerer wears and weapon have nothing to do with the overpowered sorcerer class in eso.

    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Every time i see a clip like this i want to try to dw myself, and procede to fail miserably >.<

    I'm no master DW sorc by any means, but in my experience the key to success is: shield stack, curse, wrath, entropy. At this point, if there's no frag proc'ed you just re-stack shields, if there's a frag proc you burst.

    I think the most important part is to accept that the portion of the playerbase you will not kill is large with DW.

    For some classes, you need mines and an ultimate. The list is shorter than you think, and if played right, those you cannot kill are a tie.

    Great video as always Leif! Nice use of DBoS.



    I really feel totally unkillable 1v1 on a DW sorc. 52k mag is an insane shield stack and even the people who survive my burst a few times will run out of resources or get tired of the fight before they can ever kill me.

    i have never seen a low damage and unable to survive sorcerer.



    Edited by Gilvoth on April 15, 2017 8:13PM
    be assured, that i did read your response to my feedback comment(s), i always do. and unless i respond back to your comment directly, then i will always stand by my original feedback statement.
    and by the way:
    best in slot: is the armor, weapon, clothing look, pet, or no pet, jewelry, race, class, skill choices, amount of DPS, and skin color best fit to you and the way you wish to play and makes you feel good and performs what YOU think it should be.
    worst in slot: what you read in zone chat, and forum comment, and forum thread, and you tube video, and live streamer advice, and class rep advice, and guild chat advice, and whisper told you to wear, and use for skill, and dress like, and use for weapon and armor.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't trust that level of stupidity, really.

    Dizzyng swing will be folow by db and execute, and it's deal ton of damage.

    You all know when curse come, when frag come and when you have a fury on you. If you are not able to counter it, it's a lp issue, really.

    Curse is 3.5s, frag have a proc animation, and fury have a 4 sec duration. This is the most previsible burst possible.

    Also, Hardened ward, Annulment, healing ward are not overperforming.

    Only the stack of hardened and Annulment is discutable, but nerf shields power instead of stack possibility will kill sorc and magblade.

    Sorc have the SAME BURST and the same SURVIVABILITY since 2014, people always play with and against that, it's never be a problem for non noob player.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've decided just to do a new toon until this OP craze is over. Im starting to fall in love with templars.

    Then I'll do DK once templars become OP again. Then back to sorc.

    NBs... poor nbs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1200+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

    Waffennacht' Builds
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    I can't trust that level of stupidity, really.

    Dizzyng swing will be folow by db and execute, and it's deal ton of damage.

    You all know when curse come, when frag come and when you have a fury on you. If you are not able to counter it, it's a lp issue, really.

    Curse is 3.5s, frag have a proc animation, and fury have a 4 sec duration. This is the most previsible burst possible.

    Also, Hardened ward, Annulment, healing ward are not overperforming.

    Only the stack of hardened and Annulment is discutable, but nerf shields power instead of stack possibility will kill sorc and magblade.

    Sorc have the SAME BURST and the same SURVIVABILITY since 2014, people always play with and against that, it's never be a problem for non noob player.

    Aaah so You need ultimate to make dizzying swing effective. So curse will be also more effective when You add meteor or even dawnbreaker to it :wink:

    If You cant counter dizzying swing+dawnbreaker combo it's also L2P issue.

    Dizzying swing is even more predictable then curse with it's 1 sec cast time and chance to break it by walking through caster , roll dodging or even blocking where curse cannt be avoided by any of those actions.

    We can nerf things that makes shields to strong without nerfing shields itselfs.

    Same burst since 2014 ? That's actually funny. So You're saying CP's , soft caps dissapear , skill changes and new sets doesnt changed anything at all in sorcerer class ?
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    A dozen nerf sorc threads polluted by misinformed opinions from the same three or four potatoes.

    Keep them coming!

    I think it is pretty obvious to anyone that reads this forum regularly that you play a sorc and have absolutely no interest in balance. Your go to responses are generally insults and L2P nonsense. Sorcs are overtuned in a big way right now and that is just a fact. Period. Generally when numerous threads start popping up asking for something to be balanced there is an underlying reason.

    Fire and forget 8-9k curses and 11-12k frags followed by ridiculous executes, while sitting behind 3 shields, might be a strong basis for some of these feelings. And just so you know, those numbers are on Heavy armor impen builds. So yeah, toss the insults around all you want, doesn't change the fact that the class is light years ahead of almost everyone else right now.

  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No class needs nerfs. we need to drastically adjust or eliminate CP in pvp and likely implement diminishing returns again. At this point, class balance isn't great, but its also not bad. The issues we have are all with CP and itemization.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. These curses get bigger all the time!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

    PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    A dozen nerf sorc threads polluted by misinformed opinions from the same three or four potatoes.

    Keep them coming!

    I think it is pretty obvious to anyone that reads this forum regularly that you play a sorc and have absolutely no interest in balance. Your go to responses are generally insults and L2P nonsense. Sorcs are overtuned in a big way right now and that is just a fact. Period. Generally when numerous threads start popping up asking for something to be balanced there is an underlying reason.

    Fire and forget 8-9k curses and 11-12k frags followed by ridiculous executes, while sitting behind 3 shields, might be a strong basis for some of these feelings. And just so you know, those numbers are on Heavy armor impen builds. So yeah, toss the insults around all you want, doesn't change the fact that the class is light years ahead of almost everyone else right now.

    9K curses? That's pretty insane, are you wearing full impen?

    The only time I've been near that high was against someone in light armor and all divines.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Killset wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    A dozen nerf sorc threads polluted by misinformed opinions from the same three or four potatoes.

    Keep them coming!

    I think it is pretty obvious to anyone that reads this forum regularly that you play a sorc and have absolutely no interest in balance. Your go to responses are generally insults and L2P nonsense. Sorcs are overtuned in a big way right now and that is just a fact. Period. Generally when numerous threads start popping up asking for something to be balanced there is an underlying reason.

    Fire and forget 8-9k curses and 11-12k frags followed by ridiculous executes, while sitting behind 3 shields, might be a strong basis for some of these feelings. And just so you know, those numbers are on Heavy armor impen builds. So yeah, toss the insults around all you want, doesn't change the fact that the class is light years ahead of almost everyone else right now.

    9K curses? That's pretty insane, are you wearing full impen?

    The only time I've been near that high was against someone in light armor and all divines.

    It's possible I know a few sorcs who hit me for curses just under 9k that's with the burning spellweave set though. usually sorcs who use spinner will only hit me for like 6k. I have 2100 crit resist
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Killset wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    A dozen nerf sorc threads polluted by misinformed opinions from the same three or four potatoes.

    Keep them coming!

    I think it is pretty obvious to anyone that reads this forum regularly that you play a sorc and have absolutely no interest in balance. Your go to responses are generally insults and L2P nonsense. Sorcs are overtuned in a big way right now and that is just a fact. Period. Generally when numerous threads start popping up asking for something to be balanced there is an underlying reason.

    Fire and forget 8-9k curses and 11-12k frags followed by ridiculous executes, while sitting behind 3 shields, might be a strong basis for some of these feelings. And just so you know, those numbers are on Heavy armor impen builds. So yeah, toss the insults around all you want, doesn't change the fact that the class is light years ahead of almost everyone else right now.

    9K curses? That's pretty insane, are you wearing full impen?

    The only time I've been near that high was against someone in light armor and all divines.
    In my heavy hounding blood spawn all impen setup on my stamnb I get hit with 7-8k curses.

    My stamdk its a lot lower about 4-6k.Frags hit the same 7-8k like on my NB.
    Edited by KingJ on April 16, 2017 4:38PM
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Killset wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    A dozen nerf sorc threads polluted by misinformed opinions from the same three or four potatoes.

    Keep them coming!

    I think it is pretty obvious to anyone that reads this forum regularly that you play a sorc and have absolutely no interest in balance. Your go to responses are generally insults and L2P nonsense. Sorcs are overtuned in a big way right now and that is just a fact. Period. Generally when numerous threads start popping up asking for something to be balanced there is an underlying reason.

    Fire and forget 8-9k curses and 11-12k frags followed by ridiculous executes, while sitting behind 3 shields, might be a strong basis for some of these feelings. And just so you know, those numbers are on Heavy armor impen builds. So yeah, toss the insults around all you want, doesn't change the fact that the class is light years ahead of almost everyone else right now.

    9K curses? That's pretty insane, are you wearing full impen?

    The only time I've been near that high was against someone in light armor and all divines.

    8.8k haunting curse in Heavy with either 6 impen and 1 sturdy or 7 impen.. I can't remember which set up I was in. 80% of the time I am in 7 impen.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage reduction from Pirate Skeleton and damage from Curse is not the problem with Sorcs. It is the huge shields that can be stacked on top of one another and sustained endlessly because of easy resource management from sets like Lich. The immunity to crit makes it that much worse because you have to deal considerably more damage to kill a shield stacked sorc you can't crit at all than you do a stamina player in heavy armor that has max impen but is still taking 50% bonus damage on crits.

    It's the same way in PvE. It's not the damage that makes Sorc so much better for all end game activities, it is the huge shields and pets that makes survivability so easy and allows you to take as much damage as a tank while still dealing top DPS all from range.

    They either need to remove the ability to stack shields or go back to the way it used to be where you couldn't continually refresh shields, you had to instead wait until the shield expired which gives opponents a chance to actually time it and attack in-between shields.
    Edited by Twohothardware on April 17, 2017 3:52AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They listened, Pirate going from 6% chance to 5%

    You wanted a 1% chance reduction to balance it, right?

    Lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1200+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

    Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They listened, Pirate going from 6% chance to 5%

    You wanted a 1% chance reduction to balance it, right?

    Lol

    Hahahahahaha. This is hilarious. I just read the patch notes.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    They listened, Pirate going from 6% chance to 5%

    You wanted a 1% chance reduction to balance it, right?

    Lol

    Hahahahahaha. This is hilarious. I just read the patch notes.

    I know 1% seems insignificant, but it is actually pretty significant change when the base is single-digit.
    5 is 17% less than 6, so the actual chance it will proc is 17% less than what it was before.

    To put it in perspective, if the patch note said "3% less" then you would see the current proc rate halved.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    They listened, Pirate going from 6% chance to 5%

    You wanted a 1% chance reduction to balance it, right?

    Lol

    Hahahahahaha. This is hilarious. I just read the patch notes.

    I know 1% seems insignificant, but it is actually pretty significant change when the base is single-digit.
    5 is 17% less than 6, so the actual chance it will proc is 17% less than what it was before.

    To put it in perspective, if the patch note said "3% less" then you would see the current proc rate halved.

    Someone who understands it.

    I do however think it should only procc on direct damaging attacks. Pvp often has 5 or more minor dmg hits incoming per second from a single attacker. It´s still going to be up a lot.

    I think the actual joke is the nerf to trollking.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

    Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The set shoulg be able to proc only when you take damage not when your shield is damaged.
    Because I can!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    The set shoulg be able to proc only when you take damage not when your shield is damaged.

    nah - there are loads of other things that proc on you taking damage that work with shields. that's just how it works - not just that set. To change it like that would make that one set work differently with shields than every other ability - and just confuse things.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

    PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    They listened, Pirate going from 6% chance to 5%

    You wanted a 1% chance reduction to balance it, right?

    Lol

    Hahahahahaha. This is hilarious. I just read the patch notes.

    I know 1% seems insignificant, but it is actually pretty significant change when the base is single-digit.
    5 is 17% less than 6, so the actual chance it will proc is 17% less than what it was before.

    To put it in perspective, if the patch note said "3% less" then you would see the current proc rate halved.

    Yeah, ok, sure. I guarantee you'll notice 0 difference in proc chance. Going from 2% to 1% will only change 1 out of a 100, not 50
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1200+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

    Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    They listened, Pirate going from 6% chance to 5%

    You wanted a 1% chance reduction to balance it, right?

    Lol

    Hahahahahaha. This is hilarious. I just read the patch notes.

    I know 1% seems insignificant, but it is actually pretty significant change when the base is single-digit.
    5 is 17% less than 6, so the actual chance it will proc is 17% less than what it was before.

    To put it in perspective, if the patch note said "3% less" then you would see the current proc rate halved.

    Yeah, ok, sure. I guarantee you'll notice 0 difference in proc chance. Going from 2% to 1% will only change 1 out of a 100, not 50

    Going from 2% to 1% will cut the proc chance in half compared to what it was before. It does not matter that the cut was "only" 1% - you will see only half the procs you saw before. Before, 2 out of every 100 tries was a success, after, only 1 out of every 100 tries is a success. That's a 50% decrease.

    Or in other words, you will on average have to wait twice as long to see another proc. That's very noticeable.

    The change from 6% to 5% only results in about 17% decrease in proc rate, but it still will be noticeable.
    Edited by Sharee on April 18, 2017 2:38PM
Sign In or Register to comment.