The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Video] LeifyEric DW Magicka Sorc Outnumbered PvP

LeifErickson
LeifErickson
✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sensed the will of Hskbrt flow through you at one point in the video.

Also, noice dawnbreakers. Eyyyy
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time i see a clip like this i want to try to dw myself, and procede to fail miserably >.<
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff as always!
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Every time i see a clip like this i want to try to dw myself, and procede to fail miserably >.<

I'm no master DW sorc by any means, but in my experience the key to success is: shield stack, curse, wrath, entropy. At this point, if there's no frag proc'ed you just re-stack shields, if there's a frag proc you burst.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I'm no master DW sorc by any means, but in my experience the key to success is: shield stack, curse, wrath, entropy. At this point, if there's no frag proc'ed you just re-stack shields, if there's a frag proc you burst.

I think the most important part is to accept that the portion of the playerbase you will not kill is large with DW.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video! Gj brother sorc!
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome fights Leif! That sorc looks like fun.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always so triggering when there's a magdk in an Xv1 group that spams talons. Dude is already beating on a single guy with his friends, better use one of the cuntiest abilities in game as well you know just to add that extra flavor of "I'm a little ***"... :rage:

Anyways I always enjoy watching your videos, nicely done.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice vid! Actually fighting solid player, unlike most 1vX videos where ppl beat up tyros most of the time.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    I sensed the will of Hskbrt flow through you at one point in the video.

Also, noice dawnbreakers. Eyyyy

The great one Hskbrt flows through every mag sorc in its time of need.

Yep that's pretty much it. However, against good opponents and players who know how to counter the build, you have to be much more creative than that.
    Derra wrote: »

I think the most important part is to accept that the portion of the playerbase you will not kill is large with DW.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying people who play DW are better than people who don't? Because to me DW is often easier to play than staff.
    Edit: nevermind, I get it now. Other than full tank builds, I don't think there is anyone that I just can't kill.
    Subversus wrote: »
    It's always so triggering when there's a magdk in an Xv1 group that spams talons. Dude is already beating on a single guy with his friends, better use one of the cuntiest abilities in game as well you know just to add that extra flavor of "I'm a little ***"... :rage:

Anyways I always enjoy watching your videos, nicely done.

Yep, that's Duchess Fhahla for you. Greatest engulfing flames emoter NA PC.
    Edited by LeifErickson on April 15, 2017 5:09PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For some classes, you need mines and an ultimate. The list is shorter than you think, and if played right, those you cannot kill are a tie.

Great video as always Leif! Nice use of DBoS.
    Edited by Minalan on April 15, 2017 5:04PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

For some classes, you need mines and an ultimate. The list is shorter than you think, and if played right, those you cannot kill are a tie.

Yeah, I am still surprised to see people do this much damage with a stamina ulti. I can only imagine the old mag version...
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This, so much this.

I really feel totally unkillable 1v1 on a DW sorc. 52k mag is an insane shield stack and even the people who survive my burst a few times will run out of resources or get tired of the fight before they can ever kill me. Its basically on the DW sorc to control the pace and timing of the fight and if you do then you've got the upper hand against anything imo. All magika builds just turn you into an infinite sustain machine, completely eliminating the need for potions and stam builds just don't have the burst to break the shield stack. As long as I'm determining when I shield stack and when I burst instead of trying to fit it into windows they allow I'll eventually get the upper hand and the kill.

I can honestly say I haven't lost a duel on DW sorc that wasn't 100% my fault.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, so much this.

I really feel totally unkillable 1v1 on a DW sorc. 52k mag is an insane shield stack and even the people who survive my burst a few times will run out of resources or get tired of the fight before they can ever kill me. Its basically on the DW sorc to control the pace and timing of the fight and if you do then you've got the upper hand against anything imo. All magika builds just turn you into an infinite sustain machine, completely eliminating the need for potions and stam builds just don't have the burst to break the shield stack. As long as I'm determining when I shield stack and when I burst instead of trying to fit it into windows they allow I'll eventually get the upper hand and the kill.

Yep I definitely agree. I have beaten and lost to some of the best players on NA PC in a duel with this build including stamina templars and magicka nightblades which are hard matchups in my opinion. I think a magdk in the hands of a top tier player with a good build has the potential to never lose to this build and full dot flurry builds also can be a hard matchup, but I think there is room for outplaying any of these matchups with this build.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy this stuff bud keep it up
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing DW sorc the past for nights for the first time in a long while. Forgot how challenging it can be at times, but when you figure out your movement groove, it is fun times ahead.

Great craic Leify, some great combos there, always an entertaining video with your name on it.

Best part: That dude rolling into all your mines behind the tree and near dieing without you engaging them.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, I am still surprised to see people do this much damage with a stamina ulti. I can only imagine the old mag version...

I use to land 15k hits on non vamps, and cure vampirism with 20k+ hits. Those were the days...
    PC NA
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

I use to land 15k hits on non vamps, and cure vampirism with 20k+ hits. Those were the days...

Yeees, nirn dual swords and trapping webs to proc frags... and curing vampirism with empowered dawnbreaker.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really feel totally unkillable 1v1 on a DW sorc. 52k mag is an insane shield stack and even the people who survive my burst a few times will run out of resources or get tired of the fight before they can ever kill me.

i have never seen a low damage and unable to survive sorcerer.
    here is yet again another video showing the overpowered class of sorcerer in eso.
    Edited by Gilvoth on April 15, 2017 8:10PM
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really feel totally unkillable 1v1 on a DW sorc. 52k mag is an insane shield stack and even the people who survive my burst a few times will run out of resources or get tired of the fight before they can ever kill me.

here is yet again another video showing the overpowered class of sorcerer in eso.

Ya. Nerf sorc.
    Edit: but actually though, mag sorc probably does need a nerf. Top tier in all aspects of pvp, not much else to say. It might be best to nerf pirate skeleton first and see how the class is from there but I'm not even using that set, so there is probably more to it than that.
    Edited by LeifErickson on April 15, 2017 8:27PM
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ya. Nerf sorc.
    Edit: but actually though, mag sorc probably does need a nerf. Top tier in all aspects of pvp, not much else to say. It might be best to nerf pirate skeleton first and see how the class is from there but I'm not even using that set, so there is probably more to it than that.

Yea. Amberplasm. ;)
    PC NA
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, so much this.

Now imagine dueling a pet sorc with that magicka pool (more actually but let's leave that aside :D )... Not only the shield is literally untouchable but the pressure from 2 pets with curse, vma staff lightning wall of elements, infernal and constant frags is just too much. Though it does require a lot of good micromanagement so I guess it has a high skill cap. It's funny when people try it at first and get decimated cause they forget to heal/shield their pets hahaha
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This, so much this.

Now imagine dueling a pet sorc with that magicka pool (more actually but let's leave that aside :D )... Not only the shield is literally untouchable but the pressure from 2 pets with curse, vma staff lightning wall of elements, infernal and constant frags is just too much. Though it does require a lot of good micromanagement so I guess it has a high skill cap. It's funny when people try it at first and get decimated cause they forget to heal/shield their pets hahaha

Sounds like a sustain battery for me, they'll have waaaaaay more pressure but you catch them with the shields down and they melt.

I'm not saying pet sorc isn't the strongest magika dueling spec in the game, just that I feel like DW mag sorc has the tool to counter most magika classes OR force a stalemate.

If its a sorc duel with no harness I think killing a pet sorc in a necro build requires you to be drastically more skilled, but with harness you can basically force a draw at worst against any magika build as long as you manage your stamina and are ultra careful babysitting your shield stack.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 15, 2017 9:36PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, so much this.

Sounds like a sustain battery for me, they'll have waaaaaay more pressure but you catch them with the shields down and they melt.

I'm not saying pet sorc isn't the strongest magika dueling spec in the game, just that I feel like DW mag sorc has the tool to counter most magika classes OR force a stalemate.

If its a sorc duel with no harness I think killing a pet sorc in a necro build requires you to be drastically more skilled, but with harness you can basically force a draw at worst against any magika build as long as you manage your stamina and are ultra careful babysitting your shield stack.

There's this sorc on EU, she has 0 sustain issues. She has dueled some guys with insane pressure and claims to never have gotten under 90% mag. Using ele drain, though she does complain about the changes this patch affecting that sustain. She also runs 1 shield haha, albeit one insanely huge shield but still... think she can count on one hand the people that beat her 1v1 during this past year lol, stupid op class in the right hands. :(
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This, so much this.

There's this sorc on EU, she has 0 sustain issues. She has dueled some guys with insane pressure and claims to never have gotten under 90% mag. Using ele drain, though she does complain about the changes this patch affecting that sustain. She also runs 1 shield haha, albeit one insanely huge shield but still... think she can count on one hand the people that beat her 1v1 during this past year lol, stupid op class in the right hands. :(

The reason pet Sorcs are so great in duels is mostly due to targeting issues. You can tab-bracket lock the sorc, and your frags will always hit their stupid pets regardless. Then their shields are big enough to cover them while they re-summon them.

If ZOS every fixes that, then their dumb AI meatshields won't save them from a severe beating.
    Edited by Minalan on April 15, 2017 11:57PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This, so much this.

The reason pet Sorcs are so great in duels is mostly due to targeting issues. You can tab-bracket lock the sorc, and your frags will always hit their stupid pets regardless. Then their shields are big enough to cover them while they re-summon them.

If ZOS every fixes that, then their dumb AI meatshields won't save them from a severe beating.

I think targeting issues are literally the only thing making pet sorc viable right now. If we can just hit them with our whole burst or even CC them reliably then you've got a shot

• gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LeifErickson great vid as always! Maybe we should hop into the studio one of these days and record another duet Tony Bennett / Lady Gaga style.

I'll be Tony.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gibous wrote: »
    @LeifErickson great vid as always! Maybe we should hop into the studio one of these days and record another duet Tony Bennett / Lady Gaga style.

I'll be Tony.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAmDULCVrU
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    this build seems fun might try it. Jumped on the sorc bandwagon this patch but found it very boring after maybe 1-2 weeks as desto resto lich build.

Pet sorc seems even more boring and all of them just have crutch builds and play in ic. Now this on the other hand seems realy fun and i think i have most of the gear needed for it. :smile:
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gibous wrote: »

I'll be Tony.

I mean I'm down but apparently someone thinks real life is more important than ESO.