The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you use poisons?

Yubarius
Yubarius
✭✭✭✭
Everyone complained A LOT about poisons when they were first introduced, so since some time has passed I was wondering how many people acutally use them.
Edited by Yubarius on April 7, 2017 10:33PM
  • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
  • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
  • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
  • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
  • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
  • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
  • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
  • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

Do you use poisons? 142 votes

Yes, I use poisons in pvp
51%
SolarikenXenipharkansas_ESOderekdew339_ESOkadardeepseamk20b14_ESOMJWesslingb14_ESOBaByDontHurtMeRikumaruSodanTokTHEDKEXPERIENCEjarrandub17_ESOclocksstoppePhilthyorcRojnaartechnohicAllu07neb18_ESOAztlanrimmidimdimDurham 73 votes
No, I don't use poisons in pvp
48%
MojmirIruil_ESOTurelusWillhelmBlackKnootewootdanno8flguy147ub17_ESOMagnusRexUntrustedExistenzAromakleeuxninjaguymanStreegacopitoAhzekAshamrayRagnaroek93ZouniShadow-Fighterpaulsimonps 69 votes
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use poisons, but I should, ressources one are very OP and damage one is better on a non spell damage stacker than spell damage weapon glyph.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I do. Why wouldn't I? They're 1000% stronger than weapon enchants for most situations.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    I play in Azuras so hell yeah
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Rank 17 Eightt: CP160 StamBlade
    Rank 15 Sixthh: CP 160 StamSorc
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In open world, yes. I'm using a maelstrom bow so there is zero reason not to
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid not to, because they will be used against you.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yubarius wrote: »
    Everyone complained A LOT about poisons when they were first introduced, so since some time has passed I was wondering how many people acutally use them.

of course I do use them, best are 3-potions, resource drains :smiley:
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't because I'm not a hack
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just about every pleb running about Cyrodiil uses poisons these days. May as well join them.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not all builds, not all the time, but in some specific situations poisons are just too good to pass up.

Against mDK, for example, resource poisons are extremely effective given their already high ability costs and the lack of any form of purge.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Currently not because I am to lazy to find resources and craft them. I don't even have health potions or other on me. I do have foods though but that is because I have hirelings.

I also do not like them. It's crap for PvP. But if I was not so lazy I would craft and use them because the resource draining poisons are so ridiculous strong it's stupid not to use them.

Yes, I called myself stupid
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some times i do and sometimes i dont.
    i dont like how i cant control when it hits and when i dont want it to hit.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too op to not use
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use them on my destro staff. One heavy attack will proc my poison which does double damage over time. It is just enough extra DPS to effectively cancel out someone running Vigor. Then, once they are at 50% ... Jesus Beam.

Running poisons made getting to that 50% barrier much easier.

• clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoy your tears as my poisons "hack" away your resources. Players outside of IC are a waste of poisons though.
    Edited by clocksstoppe on April 10, 2017 6:59PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen the balance of resource poisons? Your at a very sever disadvantage without them.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • utb99
    utb99
    ✭✭✭
    Cheese it up in Cheesrodiil
    'The gods can turn anything to good' -Martin Septim
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And on that note, I don't PvP either.. ;)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply because I don't like to play with limited enhancers, even in skyrim, I never use poisons unless I have to fight a boss, who is immune to it.

Though I probably should use poisons.
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    I use poisons only when I run with guildies...
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use defile poisons so I don't have to slot Dark Flare against a 90% shuffle meta.

Also I now used a poison that reduces your crit dmg, increases your stamina cost, and gives me back 364 Stam.

Other than that, nope I use the weapon enchants.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never used poisons, unlike others it's unlikely I'm going to use thing's I don't agree with instead of complaining about it & still using whatever I don't like.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I use defile poisons so I don't have to slot Dark Flare against a 90% shuffle meta.

Also I now used a poison that reduces your crit dmg, increases your stamina cost, and gives me back 364 Stam.

For what? 4.3 secs? Imo, if I was to use poisons (the crit damage one in particular in no CP) it'd would be one that lasts for 10 secs. Sure it's not as cool sounding, but it'll have a really high uptime, no?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For what? 4.3 secs? Imo, if I was to use poisons (the crit damage one in particular in no CP) it'd would be one that lasts for 10 secs. Sure it's not as cool sounding, but it'll have a really high uptime, no?

4.3 seconds is still a decent amount of time (1 second is terrible for a defile lol). I went through a stack of 100 in an hour or two so that tells me I had a very high uptick time despite that low duration.

If I was min-maxing down to the poisons, I'd probably choose a longer time, sure/maybe. But I'm not going to care; I'll even use a terrible pve drop version.

But to be honest the poisons should get a duration nerf in addition to a nerf on certain effects. Should augment builds, not completely replace them.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

4.3 seconds is still a decent amount of time (1 second is terrible for a defile lol). I went through a stack of 100 in an hour or two so that tells me I had a very high uptick time despite that low duration.

If I was min-maxing down to the poisons, I'd probably choose a longer time, sure/maybe. But I'm not going to care; I'll even use a terrible pve drop version.

But to be honest the poisons should get a duration nerf in addition to a nerf on certain effects. Should augment builds, not completely replace them.

I've always found the sweet spot to be the poisons with the middle duration. To each their own!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't, I should be, but I don't.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I put my healing poison on if I know I'm going to be in a really long fight.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm old school.
    PC EU
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double Damage Health poison - NIrnroot + Fleshy Larva + NIghtshade
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my Magplar, not really. The only way for them to go off on that character is on light and heavy attacks, and that has only a 20% chance of going off. I have sat there and light attacked someone 10 times just to try to get the damn thing to proc.

If I was playing a stamina build, I would use them all the time, no question (or a mag build that also uses many weapon based skills). They are particularly OP for stamina builds to use.