The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A wild idea

Vash747
Vash747
Now I understand a lot of people might not agree and I'm not here to argue about green, orange, or purple alliance. My idea is to remove the color shields from other players in cyrodiil except your own alliance. So if I am red for example all I see is the color shields for other reds. If I am fighting someone​ I can not tell if they are blue or yellow. If you have any issues with any two alliances teaming up this would essentially resolve this with the exception of players who know each other.
So if your out in the wild and see a group of blues, they don't know if your yellow or red and rather than alliance each other you fight to protect against potential threat.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even better idea, make friendly fire happen so people don't mindlessly spam AoE anymore :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Even better idea, make friendly fire happen so people don't mindlessly spam AoE anymore :)

@RinaldoGandolphi had an idea about making one of the servers more of a "Death match" style rule set. No doors on keeps, objectives filled with random NPCs instead of faction based ones, no factions with friendly fire turned on.

The sheer lawlessness of it all would be interesting, especially if guild groups all fight each other instead of trying to figure out how to balance the vanilla server setups.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Vash747
    Vash747
    All I'm saying is the enemy is the enemy, I don't care what color they are. Death match does sound kinda cool though.
  • Vash747
    Vash747
    I'm a red on xbox1 you have no idea how badly I want to kill other reds sometimes lol
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd get behind this.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would get abused without end.

Any ffa cyrodiil would need to greatly reduce groupsize - otherwise nobody would go there only to get farmed by 24 mans.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Would get abused without end.

Any ffa cyrodiil would need to greatly reduce groupsize - otherwise nobody would go there only to get farmed by 24 mans.

Well any ffa would have to have all grouping/alliances turned off.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can turn off badges over enemies' heads for yourself. As for forcefully concealing them for everyone, I can't get behind that. There is a level of strategy to knowing which faction enemies belong to as you maneuver in 3-way fights.

I'd be so down for a ffa Cyrodiil though. I'd spend so much time in massive keep brawls if they'd get rid of the doors. I avoided resources when they had pesky doors blocking reentry, and now towers are some of the most fun fights I have. Being able to jump down and get back in after the flag is taken completely changed tower fight dynamics.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Vash747
    Vash747
    The problem I have with badges is this, on Xbox it's all green alliance. Being a red suck. A couple nights ago attacking Alessia which was yellow we had to deal with blues defending on the wall, we bust the gate and yellows fill the courtyard. No matter what yellow and blue are like Siamese twins. The hold up in a keep building each others ultimates then you have 20 people popping eye of inferno. That is not strategy, that is crap gameplay. It never shifts, it never changes. Xbox has two alliances. Red and green. Removing badges makes it so you don't know who your fighting against or with. I'm sorry, I can not understand any reason why you would be against that unless you are one of the people who always aligns with another alliance. If that's the case delete your character and just join that alliance.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh here we go again about some "Green Alliance" . .. .
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vash747 wrote: »
    The problem I have with badges is this, on Xbox it's all green alliance. Being a red suck. A couple nights ago attacking Alessia which was yellow we had to deal with blues defending on the wall, we bust the gate and yellows fill the courtyard. No matter what yellow and blue are like Siamese twins. The hold up in a keep building each others ultimates then you have 20 people popping eye of inferno. That is not strategy, that is crap gameplay. It never shifts, it never changes. Xbox has two alliances. Red and green. Removing badges makes it so you don't know who your fighting against or with. I'm sorry, I can not understand any reason why you would be against that unless you are one of the people who always aligns with another alliance. If that's the case delete your character and just join that alliance.

I know it can seem that way. And as a Blue I can assure you it looks a lot like Team Orange sometimes from our perspective. I don't doubt that there are groups on all alliances with friends in groups on other alliances and there's probably some co-op now and then. I'm not a fan of cross faction shenanigans and our guild doesn't tolerate any member on any other faction in Cyrodiil, but different guilds have different rules.
    The groups that co-op are a fraction of the population in Cyrodiil. I've yet to receive any official calls for cease-fires on AD or EP from the vast global Team Green conspiracy.
    It happens, but it's pockets of annoying players here and there, not a larger cross faction agreement.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

@RinaldoGandolphi had an idea about making one of the servers more of a "Death match" style rule set. No doors on keeps, objectives filled with random NPCs instead of faction based ones, no factions with friendly fire turned on.

The sheer lawlessness of it all would be interesting, especially if guild groups all fight each other instead of trying to figure out how to balance the vanilla server setups.

I would love friendly fire, but that would not work on unmoderated public servers like ESO campaigns. However, an FFA campaign with GvG would be awesome and something I have long wanted.

Teams Purple, Orange and Green do exist. Even with no explicit cross-faction coordination -- which is usually the case -- there will always be times when it is mutually beneficial for two factions to focus on the third. Sometimes it is for strategic reasons, sometimes for revenge. And many other reasons. IMO, this is a fundamental dynamic in three team gameplay. The only time I dislike this is when two factions are loaded with organized groups who focus on farming the third when it only has randoms and pugs on.

Edited by zyk on April 1, 2017 1:34AM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Morrowind sells a lot of copies, who knows, they might eventually add free for all battlegrounds mode.
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    0pDVW47.jpg

Look above their heads maybe?
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way don't take away my kill everything with a badge over their heads mentality :/
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    Would still be able to tell from the name tags as you could just compare the name tag on that player to the names on the leaderboards. In addition you could determine a player's alliance by how hostile NPC's act around them, what bases they are coming out of, what siege equips they are setting up, etc.

I understand you want to prevent two factions from teaming up on another, but that is unavoidable as I mentioned above there are many ways to determine a player's alliance besides that shield. Actually now that I think of it we should eliminate the shield for a more minimalistic view.

The plus side is that I have never seen two factions ever form an alliance that lasts more than a few days, as they easily fall apart from individual members inside the faction not respecting the truce and ganking, an individual not willing to give up emperor, the singled out faction making a true with one faction but not the other, or the singled out faction continue to steamroll the two allied ones.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I understand a lot of people might not agree and I'm not here to argue about green, orange, or purple alliance. My idea is to remove the color shields from other players in cyrodiil except your own alliance. So if I am red for example all I see is the color shields for other reds. If I am fighting someone​ I can not tell if they are blue or yellow. If you have any issues with any two alliances teaming up this would essentially resolve this with the exception of players who know each other.
    So if your out in the wild and see a group of blues, they don't know if your yellow or red and rather than alliance each other you fight to protect against potential threat.
    Bad idea.
    Worse idea.
    Minno wrote: »

Insanely bad id...wait no, this one is actually extremely good.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Esgameplaya1
    Esgameplaya1
    ✭✭✭✭

Or just make it the way conspiracy theorists complain about. Tags above enemies heads would just be orange if your a DC player, EP players just see green, and AD would see purple!!