Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What's your favourite dye color?

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
And why? Feel free to showcase your character.
Edited by akl77 on March 29, 2017 3:56AM
Pc na

What's your favourite dye color? 199 votes

White / silver
4%
kcrayner_ESOTipsy247BouldercleaveSibeniceVaohandreasranasenFluffyReachWitchNahtal 8 votes
Black / grey
26%
laurajfm2super_ESOnick59349b14_ESOBeardedOrphanShad0wfire99tzurlogenMW2KKleanZlateLoralai_907WingAlex_LexHatchetHaroGorillaLylithStovahkiinEnemy-of-ColdharbourCillion3117the_samapaLupusdiabolusQuebraRegra 53 votes
Gold
11%
NerouynMattock_RomulusCîanaiTaleof2CitiesPatriickOeildefeu91aLi3nZKr3doVipstaakkiYo_DonnoInhuman003WalksonGravesNarvuntienPaha_VaatturiTimidGazelleGuinevereHeliosSaturnanaWrubius_CoronariaAndyRHInquisitor_Wind 22 votes
Red / pink
5%
TureluskojouShimmerbottleofsyrupQUEZ420Jaeysaakl77XDuchessofArkhamxXOrjixJemcrystalAmadis001 11 votes
Yellow / brown
1%
cyclonus11ApheriusTasear 3 votes
Blue
7%
otis67Whatelse73b14_ESODaraughdroids097KartalinAliyavanaGlaiceanaBlackbird_Vtheher0notAsardesGT409ArgonianAustinKeillieai15Exalted_Goose 14 votes
Green
7%
Moiskormoimiderekdew339_ESOBowserIruil_ESOThePaulrus94LinaleahMAOofDCLynx7386CaffeinatedMayhemnimbliOberon45PhatmattfuFloppyTouchklowdy1Greensea 15 votes
Purple
13%
SlakkSlurgHigh_MarshalMadyDanikatAlienSlofJitterbugrosendoichinoveb17_ESOAstralihondelinkRajajshkaLocnaarEdziuMorimizoDerraEdremismariskaaszuto40FerrumnCutemKram8ion 27 votes
Orange
1%
IcyDeadPeopleFlaminirGothlander 3 votes
Other
21%
Tabbycatnexxus_ESOBlueRavenMoloch1514DeadlyRecluseNewBlacksmurfGrymmoireZOS_CoriJTryxusSkayaqDemionTHEDKEXPERIENCEM0biLumiLivvygangyzgirlstarkerealmerebozWolfenbellegreylox 43 votes
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I love to do different color on different stuff but I always use Celestial Violet for trims on my armor cause on heavy armor and other it usually turns to a silver color that really shines. But I do love the combo silver/black or silver/dark blue the most.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red / pink
    I love to do different color on different stuff but I always use Celestial Violet for trims on my armor cause on heavy armor and other it usually turns to a silver color that really shines. But I do love the combo silver/black or silver/dark blue the most.

Nice taste, good combo.
    Pc na
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos White
    Master Gold
    Daedric Red
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gold
    Domion yellow and Thalmor black... For the Queen!
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold
    Transliminal Violet
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold
    Atmoran bronze
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Well all my characters use different colours an I have three rules they need to adhere to:

1.They must use one dye from the same hue as the main alliance colour (yellow for AD, blue for DC, red for EP)
    2. They may not use colours gaining through questing or exploration in other alliance zones.
    3. they may not use two colours of the same hue.
    Edited by Skayaq on March 29, 2017 6:37AM
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple
    Got to be transluminal or the thief purple and of course black are my go to combinations but I spend way too much time dying everything
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Paha_Vaatturi
    Paha_Vaatturi
    ✭✭✭
    Gold
    Banana. Banananannana.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red / pink
    Red is my favourite dye as I have all my characters try to show some Pact affiliation.

Purple is my actual favourite colour, which is why it's awesome this option was purple.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Nirnhoned red, the blue that looks good from some angles, the MoL blue, AA white and black
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Venscal
    Venscal
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Pact Red :)
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at my sign and you tell me.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red / pink
    I usually use a mix of red and either gold/black or silver, though my nightblade is looking pretty in a silver/blue dress.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Transliminal Violet
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Contraband Violet is my favourite so far. I love how in different lighting it kinda changes colour. I love it so much. That paired with Atmoran bronze is awesome!
    PC/EU DC
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Coldharbour Ash Black for the metallic/plate parts of my armor
    Akatosh Scales Gold for the gold trim
    Daedric Red for the cloth or chainmail

Belgian tri color ftw, yay :p
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • Demion
    Demion
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Any colour that fits a more natural look on my chars

other than that...Pact red
    @darksenechal - EU PC - Demion Samenel - Templar "The Reluctant Hero of Tamriel"
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Coldharbour black and Ayleid gold. Also Julianos white.
    The Flyers
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold
    I've used Transliminal Violet a lot as well.

Also use Liar's Linen as a border or base color quite a bit ...

i0z0j5Y.png

HzbHSJr.png
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    It depends entirely on the character and costume/armor. Some stuff just doesn't dye well at all.

My PVE healer usually wears all white (Julianos White) and a costume because SPC and Worm both take dye horribly and have floaty shoulders on my character.
    My Crafter/Magblade is wearing all black, and a costume because I still haven't gotten around to putting proper armor on her (She's my first character and used to be a stamblade.)
    My mule is wearing Ophidian Jade and gold. (Ayleid Gold, I think?)
    My PVP healer is wearing Celestial Violet and Soul Gem Purple (High collared Ball gown)
    My MagSorc is wearing pink (Master adventurer purple, dyes just act weird on certain costumes)
    My StamBlade is wearing Black and white, because she's white with black spots and it's training armor, so she doesn't really have a look yet.

Magnus Setting Red looks really nice on some stuff, so does Aetherial blue. I play around at the dye station and mix things up sometimes.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Purple
    I purple most things but I also really like that bright blue from completing Maw, so I use that too on a couple of my characters.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Dominion Gold + Julianos White. It's a vibrant and noble looking combination that makes me happy and I feel like I stand out a bit more

a66482a49b3386bf6de4063c2de1f1e7.jpg
    Edited by gangyzgirl on March 29, 2017 3:59PM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I like the daedric red, arcane blue and master gold
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blue
    Both my magicka chars wear Xyvkin style armor in 3 shades of blue:
    inner edge: tombstone violet (actually deep blue)
    middle: covenant conqueror blue
    outer edge: abyssal beryl
    I've found this combo has a really nice contrast and line to it.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple
    Purple, because it's my favourite colour generally. (Specifically I like deep violet shades, closer to the blue end of the spectrum than red/pink.)

My two main characters wear purple, accented with blue and black.

But my alts wear different colours to suit them. Current combinations are: green & gold, black & silver (with some dark blue), dark reds and green & brown. Then they each have a few costumes in different colours.

(I sometimes wonder if having the same degree of control other the colour of my clothes in real life, being able to change it so anything matches anything else, would get me wearing more colours. I tend to wear plain black most of the time. But I do like my black, so maybe not.)
    Edited by Danikat on March 29, 2017 4:20PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    Black / grey
    Black, red and gold are my go to colors.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Black", "orange", and "white".

Why are the color in quotes? It's because the dyeing process alters the colors, disregarding the representation displayed in the color box.

When I apply Senche Orange to the base armor, it comes out looking like a reddish-peach-orange rather than the deep orange.

This irks me, so I do with what I can.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Love to rep the Pact with Atmoran Bronze/Pact Red combo.
    PC-NA