Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What's your favourite dye color?

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue
    I love using covenant fisher blue on light armor... to bad medium armor dyes horribly and so i have to use covenant blue
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 29, 2017 6:06PM
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold
    General Gold, Legate Black and Palatine White are the best colours! :D
  • Locnaar
    Locnaar
    ✭✭✭
    Purple
    Transluminol violet, nightshade purple, epic violet, ruby throne red,and on saucy days, sulfur yellow /silvenar green combo.
    I really spend too much time dying armor.
    former GM All's Faire Trading Guild

beta tester Jan 2014

overheard in Reaper's Marsh (random brigand) "I only kill people who kill people, 'cause killin' people is wrong ..."
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I prefer earthy, muted colours generally, though occasionally with more natural or neutral lighter shades. I'm not a big fan of vivid or bold tints on armour or costumes. I have to say that Soul Shriven Grey gets a fair bit of use.

"Colour? Bah!"

e8wlmwB.jpg?1
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Black and tan are really versatile colours that can be paired with a lot of things. Those are what I stick with. But if you asked me what my favourite color was I'd say bronze. :)

Generally, I'm good with anything as long as no two characters are wearing a similar combination.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I usually click random over and over until I find my liking.....I do like the subliminal blue (sp) that often reflects as gold shiny

Ignore the stats as this is a visual outfit not gameplay gear
    25897ee1-9d80-4bba-88bf-7020c904688d.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=dGnPKSd0T2%2F8QfBRicRmDE%2BVVbDpTuTyH51DUMyanfw%3D
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 29, 2017 7:59PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legates Black as main color paired with Generals Gold is my fav.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    nexxus_ESO wrote: »
    It depends entirely on the character and costume/armor. Some stuff just doesn't dye well at all.

My PVE healer usually wears all white (Julianos White) and a costume because SPC and Worm both take dye horribly and have floaty shoulders on my character.
    My Crafter/Magblade is wearing all black, and a costume because I still haven't gotten around to putting proper armor on her (She's my first character and used to be a stamblade.)
    My mule is wearing Ophidian Jade and gold. (Ayleid Gold, I think?)
    My PVP healer is wearing Celestial Violet and Soul Gem Purple (High collared Ball gown)
    My MagSorc is wearing pink (Master adventurer purple, dyes just act weird on certain costumes)
    My StamBlade is wearing Black and white, because she's white with black spots and it's training armor, so she doesn't really have a look yet.

Magnus Setting Red looks really nice on some stuff, so does Aetherial blue. I play around at the dye station and mix things up sometimes.

Pretty much this.

My Vamp Sorc is in blacks, with touches of red and gold.

33567476922_6edc78c521_k.jpg

My Bosmer is in greens and natural metallics.

32881108114_1adbc58bd1_k.jpg

And here is my Templar in white, grey, and gold.

33567479652_6ac682c21d_k.jpg

I could go on but you get the idea. The big thing is I use color to;

1) Tell a story of the character.

2) Provide cohesiveness to the different armor pieces.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black / grey
    Coldharbour Ash Black. It reminds me of my soul.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Purple
    Transliminal violet and contraband violet. :)

I also like most of the other iridescent colours.

Edited by AlienSlof on March 29, 2017 6:31PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still searching for a good navy. Closest so far is Nightblade Indigo.
  • SimWoo
    SimWoo
    Purple
    Contraband Violet is my favourite so far. I love how in different lighting it kinda changes colour. I love it so much. That paired with Atmoran bronze is awesome!

This is by far the most interesting colour I have unlocked so far. Do you ever find yourself slowly spinning character around?
    All my champs have a bit of this somewhere. Buckles, badges, straps looks like shiny enamel detail, so cool =)
    It isn’t fair: the caterpillar does all the work, and the butterfly gets all the glory. - George Carlin
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold
    "All that is gold does not glitter"

.. except in my world, it does. 8D
    Gotta have that shiny armour!
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green
    I run a different color combo on each of my characters:

Nightblade (sap tank): red and black
    Dragon knight (mage dps): blue and silver
    Templar (healer): purple and gold
    (Future) warden: green and bronze
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Red / pink
    Most of my characters have unique color schemes though... it really depends on what looks good with the armor type and the complexion of the characters skin, hair color, down to the mount and pet I selected for them. I go for a certain look for each character, and if I can't get the armor to look right I go with a costume. I am very picky about how they look...

Edited by kojou on March 29, 2017 8:14PM
    Playing since beta...
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yellow / brown
    Shockingly, my favorite dye is Brewmaster Brown. It looks surprisingly sharp on metallic surfaces.

My character is currently using Fallinesti Green and Coldharbour Ash Black.
  • InnocentOfCrime
    Usually I go with some combo of black, gold/yellow, blue, or green Blue and gold always end up as some sort of trimming/lining color. I always try to fit in the colors of that characters loyalties, so my DC characters always get a blue somewhere, AD get gold and so on.

I never go for anything bright, as bright colored clothes and armors just look ugly to me unless done really well. Of course I don't like super edgy stuff like straight red and black either, you just look like a stalker wannabe to me.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regicide red >:)
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I like:
    Viridian Venom, from Toxicologist Achievement, deep black tar-like, much better looking than mat Coldharbour Black.
    Abyssal Beryl, shiny blue dye from Maw of Lorkhaj Achievement

Venom is so deep and shiny in a same time, I use it on every part of armor that need to be black.

nt0Ek2D.jpg
    Here dyed costume with those above.
    Edited by Gargath on March 29, 2017 8:34PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black / grey
    speaking of colours- it'd be nice if there were dye stations at trial waiting rooms. its been brought up before- but how good would it be to be able to have certain roles dye their colour- and subdivide teams further with dyes- for example in AA when the teams split up. it'd be more cosmetic than strategic - sure- but also some fun while people are waiting. and it owudnt take much for the guys to implement.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green
    Gargath wrote: »
    I like:
    Viridian Venom, from Toxicologist Achievement, deep black tar-like, much better looking than mat Coldharbour Black.
    Abyssal Beryl, shiny blue dye from Maw of Lorkhaj Achievement

Venom is so deep and shiny in a same time, I use it on every part of armor that need to be black.

How do you get the toxicologist achievement?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite is whatever looks best on the character who will wear an item.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    How do you get the toxicologist achievement?

You can find description in game under Achievements -> Crafting -> Alchemy
    It's quite easy to unlock now.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thalmor black, Birch white and transliminal violet (cuz it is gold).
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black / grey
    Brooding vampire characters must wear black. It's in the rules.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Sibenice
    Sibenice
    ✭✭✭✭
    White / silver
    I'd have voted red if it wasn't with pink. I love using red, don't use pink at all.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I like... ALL OF THEM. :smiley: Variety is key for my aesthetic. Always a new set of dyes. That's why I can hardly wait for the cosmetic armor update. I'll be able to do whatever combination of costumes, dyes, and armors that I want, mixing it up every day!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    My favorite dye color is the one they do not have.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red / pink
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    nexxus_ESO wrote: »
    It depends entirely on the character and costume/armor. Some stuff just doesn't dye well at all.

My PVE healer usually wears all white (Julianos White) and a costume because SPC and Worm both take dye horribly and have floaty shoulders on my character.
    My Crafter/Magblade is wearing all black, and a costume because I still haven't gotten around to putting proper armor on her (She's my first character and used to be a stamblade.)
    My mule is wearing Ophidian Jade and gold. (Ayleid Gold, I think?)
    My PVP healer is wearing Celestial Violet and Soul Gem Purple (High collared Ball gown)
    My MagSorc is wearing pink (Master adventurer purple, dyes just act weird on certain costumes)
    My StamBlade is wearing Black and white, because she's white with black spots and it's training armor, so she doesn't really have a look yet.

Magnus Setting Red looks really nice on some stuff, so does Aetherial blue. I play around at the dye station and mix things up sometimes.

Pretty much this.

My Vamp Sorc is in blacks, with touches of red and gold.

33567476922_6edc78c521_k.jpg

My Bosmer is in greens and natural metallics.

32881108114_1adbc58bd1_k.jpg

And here is my Templar in white, grey, and gold.

33567479652_6ac682c21d_k.jpg

I could go on but you get the idea. The big thing is I use color to;

1) Tell a story of the character.

2) Provide cohesiveness to the different armor pieces.

Love the second one, red hair, green, grey combo, looks so good.
    Pc na
  • Nahtal
    Nahtal
    ✭✭✭
    White / silver
    White, but in real life blue -_-
    Love to crind, to sell, to explore, to heal, and to have fun.
    Templar Breton vampire HEAL CP463 Lord Massimo 'fire is his friend'
    Templar Argonian QUAN CHI HEAL CP463: 'the light of friendly'
    Nightblade Breton Sjangsung DPS CP463 'does not take souls'
    Zizeng (new char) DPS/HEAL warden (not chinees char)