Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What's your favourite dye color?

• rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    For me, it depends on the armor or costume and how dyes actually look as I intended on them, as well as what I hope to express through the colors. Some colors just look better than others on a piece of armor or costume.

My preferred color palette is Pacific Ocean colors that you can see on and around Santa Catalina Island in Southern California. So I dye many of my armors and costumes a combination of Aurora Green and one of the rare blues with Julianos white.

But really it depends on how the colors look on the armor/costume. Transliminal Violet, Atamoran Bronze, Coldharbour Ash Black, the rare red tones and gray tones are favorites. Sometimes I want to express my patriotism so will dye armor or a costume red, white and blue. Sometimes I want to match the colors of my mount.
    Edited by Wolfenbelle on March 30, 2017 2:48AM
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple
    My characters almost always have some kind of purple somewhere, but until we can dye weapons and/or hair, I will continue to wear mostly pink.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    akl77 wrote: »
    Love the second one, red hair, green, grey combo, looks so good.

Thank you!

I took another screen shot from the character select so you can get a second look.

32885311334_d2f68265db_k.jpg

The hat is the "Feathered Byocoket Cap".

It has "Falinesti Green" in the first spot. The second two spots are not recolored.

And the rest is the "Elven Hero Armor".

It also has "Falinesti Green" in the first spot. The second spot is not touched. And the third spot is "Essence Green".
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Transliminal Violet
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to put my auburn-haired main in cyan and gold, no matter what she was wearing. But then I put her in a Celestial robe, which refuses to take most colors, so now she wears green and cyan.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green
    I like to stick with a theme, and luckily I got a couple of the new mounts from a crown crate. I opened up 4, and got the bear and senche from one crate. Green has always been my favorite color, ever since Zelda.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    None because I can't dye my weapon slots.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    Love the second one, red hair, green, grey combo, looks so good.

Thank you!

I took another screen shot from the character select so you can get a second look.

32885311334_d2f68265db_k.jpg

The hat is the "Feathered Byocoket Cap".

It has "Falinesti Green" in the first spot. The second two spots are not recolored.

And the rest is the "Elven Hero Armor".

It also has "Falinesti Green" in the first spot. The second spot is not touched. And the third spot is "Essence Green".

Aww lil female bosmer
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    All of them. I've noticed I have different favorites for different outfits. The fancy Cyrodiil dress looks best in Moonstone White but the corseted riding outfit looks great in green and black.

It just depends on the outfit.

I still haven't found the right color for the off the shoulder dress.
    Edited by Tabbycat on March 30, 2017 12:52AM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Liar's Linen
    Entoloma Blue
    Abyssal
    Syffrim Red
    Doomcrag Vedrigris

My go-to colors.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regicide red - but only because it reminds me of the cheesy way in which I got that "achievement"
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gold
    Favorite color overall I would say the purple/gold shiny color that you get from defeating molag bal in ic sewers center event.

Currently running cold harbour black because my armour style is hallowjack and monster helm Infernal guardian do it goes really well black and red.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorites are:

Daedric red
    Julianos white
    Coldharbour ash black
  • Sidskii
    Sidskii
    Soul Shriven
    Black / grey
    I use Black for all leather parts and Dark blue for all cloth parts.... That way my roguish character is hard to see in the shadows, while still representing his faction.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red / pink
    Daedric_Red.png

giphy.gif

• akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red / pink
    Sidskii wrote: »
    I use Black for all leather parts and Dark blue for all cloth parts.... That way my roguish character is hard to see in the shadows, while still representing his faction.

Is that why so many people like to use black, to blend in the shadows.
    Pc na
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Red is my favourite dye as I have all my characters try to show some Pact affiliation.
    ^ This and more. My country have white and red colours in flag so some of my toons are white and red. It's a nice combination. (Birch white/ Pact conqueror red or Rigicide red)
    <PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    SimWoo wrote: »
    Contraband Violet is my favourite so far. I love how in different lighting it kinda changes colour. I love it so much. That paired with Atmoran bronze is awesome!

This is by far the most interesting colour I have unlocked so far. Do you ever find yourself slowly spinning character around?
    All my champs have a bit of this somewhere. Buckles, badges, straps looks like shiny enamel detail, so cool =)

@SimWoo Yep, guilty! It's so shiny! Love that iridescent violet. Though a screenshot doesn't even begin to do it justice :
    MJPER1w.png
    PC/EU DC
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Another example of Abbysal Beryl on the Shroud of the Lich light armor, for me this blue looks awesome :)
    fMYyNHL.jpg
    wVKMH99.jpg
    nVhxUzv.jpg
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold
    I'm not usually so blingtastic but there are some amazing golds. Even lowbie gear with a good gold looks a treat.

I do love the game's dye system and am hoping they extend it to weapons one day.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Red and black i like vampires so i go with red and black
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    Brooding vampire characters must wear black. It's in the rules.

@Tholian1 Ya lots of black and a bit of red i like the crimson vampire look
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhboGjxRSQM i like black and red for my vamp had to link a vid im not home now
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on April 1, 2017 7:39PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    White / silver
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Look at my sign and you tell me.

Libra is a color???
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every color is equal.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything Black

and Dark Red/Maroon, Blood
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Someone mentioned that glass medium armor looks bad in dark dye, but not when painted by Viridian Venom and Alchemist Bilious :).
    FPACeEm.jpg

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Transliminal Violet

I really need to take the time, sit around, wait, and unlock that one myself. I've never spent much time in the IC since it was in Beta.

On topic, I freakin' love Aetherial Blue, Lamae White, Daedric Red and Atmoran Bronze... just not all at once on the same character.
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    Black / grey
    Black. Black goes well with everything both in real life and elder scrolls. It even goes well with my heart and soul... ;)