The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make Haderus (NA) Habitable Again!

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1skaral wrote: »
    ZOS should not delete Haderus. It provides a badly needed third campaign for weekends (unless you want larger queues, because we also pop-lock), usually has a good prime time, and many of us like it - imperfections and all. I don't want to be forced into a lag-riddled campaign.

Maybe they should implement a system that dynamically opens up extra campaigns whenever the others are pop locked? Ideally such a system would also grant more second or third guest campaign option during those times.

Recently on Trueflame weeknights (late at night Pacific time), usually even this one is fairly dead. During the double AP week, however, TF regularly had 150+ queue and Haderus had 80+ queue and I couldn't enter Cyrodiil because those two were my home and guest campaign.

If you only enjoy PVP, when that happens it's sort of like not being able to play the game at all. Or you crash and then again have have to wait in long queues for both home and guest.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on March 30, 2017 6:44AM
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    ok, you win - <DEAD WAIT> doesnt run in groups larger than 8.

I formulated my statement based on a few nights of pvp where i saw DW members mixed in with DIG swarming nikel outpost and i was like, "wow they combined"

Our friends asked us to meet them there, we didn't know they thought it was a date. It was just a one time thing, you know it didn't mean anything. Nothing happened, honest.

More seriously, and on topic...
    Haderus is a miserable campaign for a solo ganker or zerg followe. A "Zerg" on Haderus tends to be an organized raid groups, and there tend not to be large number of random solos running between keeps. I guess this is why people on the boards are always suggesting it is dead.

Contrary from what a casual observe might see, it tends to be very good for small group engagements. The small group PvP is really good in this game. I honestly don't understand why people are so dead set on running either solo or in a group of 24 (or more).
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
  • 1skaral
    1skaral
    ✭✭
    Takuto wrote: »
    Contrary from what a casual observe might see, it tends to be very good for small group engagements. The small group PvP is really good in this game. I honestly don't understand why people are so dead set on running either solo or in a group of 24 (or more).

That's so true. True small group play is becoming a forgotten art, sadly.
    PC/NA - Non-CP
    DC - Salev Ajen, Magicka DK
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an Emperor flipping campaign, and there is no one to blame except the players.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takuto wrote: »

That's so true. True small group play is becoming a forgotten art, sadly.

I agree also .... Small grouping 4 to 8 people is some of the most enjoyable play... You can kill small battle groups if you hit them right.. You can take relics, You can take keeps and resources there is no need to run 24 people ....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »
    Im not sure whats going on tonight - but this is <Raven and the Rose>

Me and two others took ONE keep - JUST ONE and RnR sends out their entire task force. Even while one oftheir own keeps is UA!! did someone on DC *** them of? But this is why we dont need more EP. . . .

Screenshot_20170328_201106_zps37t8gb4j.jpg

Lol probably a bad idea to bring PM back to haddy then :p or anyone for that matter. RnR runs around 20 like we do. If they can do that to that map with just 20 players then it's just AD/DC that should head over to haddy. No EP. Wish you guys best of luck balancing the server. :)

Last year PM came over to haddy after hearing tales of massive DC zergs and huge AD hordes but it turned out to be a dozen EP complaining about getting killed by the same 20 DC players over and over and a decent 12 man AD group. The fights were a bit more intresting on the weekends but our large group did not feel at home and we left after a couple weeks.

Not to worry Nick, you fully know there isn't a guild in the game that runs more than 8 in a group at any time.....anywhere, especially DC or AD.....that never happens. There just happens to be about six of those 8 man groups at one place now and again. Matter of fact the entire map is yellow right now...... go figure.

But, those 40 man DC with Macro and Cheese heading up the front line or same thing with DIG and COH for AD......all just 8 mans of course, those pugs though.....they just keep showing up even when you 'don't notice' they are there with your groups and we all know that is not by design, just luck. That kind of luck seems to happen a lot over here.

Don't let the propaganda get taken as fact....might be what solo players and gankers feel like, but far from what is happening most of the time as they are all in IC due to the "zergs"

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »

Me and two others took ONE keep - JUST ONE and RnR sends out their entire task force. Even while one oftheir own keeps is UA!! did someone on DC *** them of? But this is why we dont need more EP. . . .

Lol probably a bad idea to bring PM back to haddy then :p or anyone for that matter. RnR runs around 20 like we do. If they can do that to that map with just 20 players then it's just AD/DC that should head over to haddy. No EP. Wish you guys best of luck balancing the server. :)

Last year PM came over to haddy after hearing tales of massive DC zergs and huge AD hordes but it turned out to be a dozen EP complaining about getting killed by the same 20 DC players over and over and a decent 12 man AD group. The fights were a bit more intresting on the weekends but our large group did not feel at home and we left after a couple weeks.

Not to worry Nick, you fully know there isn't a guild in the game that runs more than 8 in a group at any time.....anywhere, especially DC or AD.....that never happens. There just happens to be about six of those 8 man groups at one place now and again. Matter of fact the entire map is yellow right now...... go figure.

But, those 40 man DC with Macro and Cheese heading up the front line or same thing with DIG and COH for AD......all just 8 mans of course, those pugs though.....they just keep showing up even when you 'don't notice' they are there with your groups and we all know that is not by design, just luck. That kind of luck seems to happen a lot over here.

Don't let the propaganda get taken as fact....might be what solo players and gankers feel like, but far from what is happening most of the time as they are all in IC due to the "zergs"

Macro and Cheese cannot help it if they have followers... but we love fighting those guys... great fights... We run 4 to 8 we only have 8 active in guild ... We run into Macro and Cheese many nights with similar numbers.... Had is a good place for smaller guilds imo... except in x2 experience weeks hehe...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »

RnR and DIG both run similar sizes but like all guild groups often have random newbies following them. I don't know about red, but yellow and blue on Haderus very rarely have zone pugs, so inexperienced players tend to *try* to follow guild groups around. We have started to call them 'airborne' as they tend to drop in out of nowhere and disappear just as quickly. We started using the term after taking ash lumbermill during double-AP week and watching half a dozen of them die from fall damage by jumping off the cliff on horses. Personally, I don't have a problem with another guild group picking up a few -- as they tend to be a factor in swinging a fight one way or the other, and generally only donated AP. If you are dominating your opponent your followers/adds/airborne tend to make sure they get a few kills they wouldn't have otherwise.

Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If AD and EP fight each other, DC small groups show up for fights. If the map is silent, we won't bother leaving the gate.

Consequently, I personally have found myself pvping mostly in Azura's lately.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had is not dead you just need to create your own siuation.... if you run a smaller group you will get zerged down but over the whole night it's good... almost no lag which makes for great game play... in 2hrs we get about 80 to 100k on had... on Trueflame it would be more yes but so would lag ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Had is not dead you just need to create your own siuation.... if you run a smaller group you will get zerged down but over the whole night it's good... almost no lag which makes for great game play... in 2hrs we get about 80 to 100k on had... on Trueflame it would be more yes but so would lag ...

Of course this would be your experience on AD faction. the ones complaining are DC. DC is vastly unrepresented.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• 1skaral
    1skaral
    ✭✭
    Of course this would be your experience on AD faction. the ones complaining are DC. DC is vastly unrepresented.

Actually, AD has just as much a right to complain. As does EP. All factions are underrepresented during different parts of the day. DC tends to flip the map at night. I think a few more players during the day would help, but DC has more than enough during prime time. Too many some nights, if you ask me. Durham and the rest of Dead Wait are often the only credible AD force on the map, and they don't run large.
    PC/NA - Non-CP
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

What is with this comment ....

I played only this campaign since this summer to get away from the TRUELAG .... I have not looked back since... Also there were months where the map was solid RED for weeks there was no active battle group AD zerg. Its a cycle Reds will dominate and soon yes maybe blue will .... I still remember REDs messaging me back in early fall asking me if we were coming back out so they had someone to fight ...

Most of the time there is only 4 of us that I run with .. Most of the time we try to go far north away from the others to get small man action.Most of the time you will see trying to take a keep or resource..... We get zerged down by REDs s every night which is fine its part of the game ... Red usually has 2-3 bars everynight at primetime on the weekends you might even see the campaign locked with yellow or red ... I only play during prime time so any other time yes I agree its pretty slow... However even when its 1 bar across I see good action ... Red and Blue can field some good small 2 and 3 man groups that are fun to fight... I prefer the smaller action so low population does not really bother me... honestly high population and lag does.....

I would not mind if we were the only 3-8 people on yellow to be honest ... I would like it better if we could be criminals and kill all three realms :)
    Edited by Durham on March 31, 2017 7:34PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham and the rest of Dead Wait are often the only credible AD force on the map, and they don't run large.

why are you not recognizing <Dominion Imperial Guard> ?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• 1skaral
    1skaral
    ✭✭
    Because they don't play every night, from what I've seen. Nor do they run large groups every time I've fought them.

I'd love for AD to show up in force every day, but as it is... my group usually has to go elsewhere so we don't end up bullying a handful of pugs. That's a pretty dismal way to spend a night.
    PC/NA - Non-CP
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIG runs great groups they just play a different aspect then we do..

There are some good people in DIG.... .DIG players are generally extreamily nice in Zone and will help almost anyone .... Large group play dominates the server much of the time ....

At times we miss DIG due to the fact that they counter R&R we do not have the numbers to handle R&R ... Sometimes on Had. everyone in the enemy alliance will start following 1 large group flipping keeps really quick for fast easy AP... When this happens we cannot find good fights and it gets boring to be honest. If DIG is active they stop this scenerio and force the other side to split up or to go looking for other fights... We always have better nights when they are online...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We actually have members that want to log after 3 keep takes if there is no fighting
    Edited by Durham on March 31, 2017 8:01PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cap group size on haderus at 4 to 8 players.

Or get rid of it....separate IC and cyrodiil on true flame.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spoke to Gankimus ~2 weeks ago and he said that DIG was not really running much but he expected to return. It wasn't that long ago when DIG fielded large groups almost every night; I wouldn't count them out just yet. I have seen DIG members in Trueflame recently.

As for DIG being nice in zone chat... AD Haderus zone chat is by far less salty overall!
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they don't play every night, from what I've seen..

Just about every guild on Crispen's list dont play every night. like, why would you even say this?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great fights on Had tonight ..... Great small group action out there ... If you like large scale that was out there tonight also....
    Had was good tonight ... No lag and good fights what more can you ask for ....

Red and Yellow were 3 bars Blue 2 bars (Primetime) Blue made up for lack of numbers with a better ratio of good players ...

Edited by Durham on April 1, 2017 3:53AM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great fights on Had tonight? Maybe if you were AD with all the emp and scroll buffs. Taking a non-emp keep resource? 20 AD respond.

EP was getting "green allianced" all night. I suppose defending BRK with 80 of your closest friends is fun, but most of EP logged off since we couldn't hit Chalman without DC hitting us from behind.
    Edited by NBrookus on April 1, 2017 4:30AM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Never at BRK ...except to port once maybe not sure ...
    - When I was online from 9pm to 10:45 ... we were being hit hard at the end of my session we had 1 relic left and no emp bonus when I logged .. chalman was the last stand... Red zerged it down at about 10:45 or do.. so I guess they came back from logging...
    -Fought blue on blue side half the night that was the most fun to be honest...no green alliance that I saw ... Blue hit red because it's fun to %$# jam larger groups... from what I saw was red staying to close together not spreading and siege hitting them ...
    -126k night not that bad in 2hrs .. that was about 70% from kills and a 27k defense tic does not hurt ....
    Edited by Durham on April 1, 2017 5:42AM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had a blast tonight. As I said, when AD and EP are fighting, DC small groups will show up and hold their own. We're always watching the map. :)
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haderus doesn't need a rule set change or map change it just needs an attitude change. Stop the emp flipping for achievements. We had a guy in the lead and the guy who was in second place had his whole guild harassing him until he left the campaign. What is up with that? People just need to get in the campaign from all factions and just play for the fun of it. If we could do that it will become a good campaign.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunate issue with haderus is lower population overall is causing significant number imbalance that changes several times during the day. It is far to easy for a majority of the day for one faction to simply dominate the map. It is very common that at any time of the day you will log in and the entire map will be one color. All keeps, resources, and scrolls and to be fair it is all 3 realms.

One small group can run all the emp keeps in under 30 minutes without ever seeing a player from the other two realms. Logging in and seeing the map entirely one color just adds to the issue. it is easy to see people going to another campaign with a semblance of equality
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say the best play on had is from 5pm to 1am est... other times the pop is extreamily low...
    Maybe only change emp from 6pm to 12pm ......and you can only take home keeps during off times...
    Edited by Durham on April 3, 2017 1:07PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I was going to post a similar thread. I would disagree that at this point we need any particular faction more than the others. AD caps the map every morning religiously. DC or EP camps emp in the afternoon. Some faction zergs in the evening, could be any one of the 3. We have a time zone mismatch I guess.

This is the oddest thing about Had at the moment: it's not uncommon for all 3 factions to PvDoor emp on the same day--and between those there are really great fights, good PvP, etc.

...then everyone disappears, one faction rolls the map, and then it seems to kick off again.

Sounds a lot like a faction hopping guild crowing it's members emp for the title
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I was going to post a similar thread. I would disagree that at this point we need any particular faction more than the others. AD caps the map every morning religiously. DC or EP camps emp in the afternoon. Some faction zergs in the evening, could be any one of the 3. We have a time zone mismatch I guess.

This is the oddest thing about Had at the moment: it's not uncommon for all 3 factions to PvDoor emp on the same day--and between those there are really great fights, good PvP, etc.

...then everyone disappears, one faction rolls the map, and then it seems to kick off again.

Sounds a lot like a faction hopping guild crowing it's members emp for the title

It isn't. After a while you know most of the alts.

It's more like someone gets emp that only wanted the achieve, then their whole guild logs off secure in the knowledge they'll dethroned before long. They log back in and the next one in line gets a go.
    Edited by NBrookus on April 4, 2017 1:41AM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farewell, Haderus! You were a cruel mistress
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE: