The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make Haderus (NA) Habitable Again!

Prince_of_all_Pugs
Prince_of_all_Pugs
✭✭✭✭✭
I really cant help but feel that all of us, as a PvP community deserve better than sitting in 80 plus ques for Trueflame. That being stated , it would be nice to bring Haderus to its former glory as a major competitive PVP server. I m not going to lie Haderus right now is a dead server, and there are rumors that the server could be shut down (the TF ques would increase dramatically if haderus goes) . I will not Bore anyone with excessive details, but in order to rebuild haderus we are gonna need Alot more AD players. I say this because the one thing that kept old Haderus a fun server was the large active ad community that was homed there. Many EP and DC would come to fight these AD and the server was much more active because of this. so in a Nut shell, Please AD players come back to Haderus its time to regain our server! No one should have to sit in a que!

P.S. I will post any new developments in the coming week(s)
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree about more AD
    This is the map right now, per usual
    Gr4zR8R.jpg

there are 100+ EP with over 120k AP
    there are 100+ AD with over 100k AP
    there are 88 DC with 100k AP

and in less than 10 mins Ad will be in 2nd place
    EZG18nt.png
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You might put PC in the title as well, @Prince_of_all_Pugs , to avoid any confusion.

Our guild (Tertiary Meat, AD) guested over there for awhile last night, basing our operations out of our guildhouse Bleakers. Had some fun with our 12 fighting there and pushed to Ales farm a bit to fight more of the blues. LoM with others in tow made for a fun challenge.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This campaign use to be great for those who didn't like the lag of TF. I don't get why people will choose to wait in a huge queue instead of playing in Had. If when TF is laggy people would actually move over to Had instead of continuing to play in a server where you have to wait a few seconds to cast your skills then Had could be a really great campaign.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this isn't about Pc .. my B

edit: so it is about PC; and no we dont need more AD, we need players to spread out ... like always
    Edited by Xexpo on March 28, 2017 4:52AM
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would LOVE to be able to take Darkest Requiem back to Haderus. However, when we go there we get to have a little bit of fun then the next thing we hit no one shows up to fight, so we leave to go play on Azura's because I can't get the guild group into Trueflame. And if we lag out & have to log back in then we are out of luck b.c. the que is so long. So I agree with you Prince of All Pugs - we need to make Haderus a competitive server again.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was going to post a similar thread. I would disagree that at this point we need any particular faction more than the others. AD caps the map every morning religiously. DC or EP camps emp in the afternoon. Some faction zergs in the evening, could be any one of the 3. We have a time zone mismatch I guess.

I am seeing a lot of Haddy faces in Trueflame now. I've gone there too because Haderus is either dead or you might as well get out of the way of the zerg because there's no fun fights left to be had.

I don't know how to revitalize Haderus. But I miss being able to play with responsive skills and jump into a campaign instead of waiting in a queue.
    Edited by NBrookus on March 28, 2017 1:05AM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I was going to post a similar thread. I would disagree that at this point we need any particular faction more than the others. AD caps the map every morning religiously. DC or EP camps emp in the afternoon. Some faction zergs in the evening, could be any one of the 3. We have a time zone mismatch I guess.

This is the oddest thing about Had at the moment: it's not uncommon for all 3 factions to PvDoor emp on the same day--and between those there are really great fights, good PvP, etc.

...then everyone disappears, one faction rolls the map, and then it seems to kick off again.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me I know it sounds crazy but when haderus (NA PC) was an active server, it always had LOTS Of ad. this is what kept the server going. If haderus had the AD population that azuras currently has that would be enough to bring back the PVP.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/259290/calling-all-dc-and-ep-to-kick-ad-from-haderus/p1
    Cause and consequence. Have fun. And if Had is shut down, the last to be blamed should be AD. Factionstacking should.
    Edited by Idinuse on March 28, 2017 2:33AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they need to review the campaign rules for haderus tbh. It's nothing but an emperor flipping campaign that only has pvp during primetime, the alliance scoreboards hold no meaning in comparison to Trueflame. The campaign needs to be seen as something more than 'a place to escape lag' or 'a place to get emp achievement'.

Make it the same scoring system as Trueflame - not the lame resource crap. Perhaps increase the duration to 14 days to lower the incentive to go their for a quick emperor achievement.

Increase the AP incentive for playing on a faction with less numbers.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on March 28, 2017 3:09AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah , I'm not stepping foot in Haderus . There is more then enough of Us there already .
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As with all servers, I'd love to go there but I don't think it has the pop to support a full DC raid.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haderus doesn't need to be this way though.
    The zergs all log out when faced with a challenge, and just cap everything when it's all pvdoor.

And the only thing stopping us from having two legit competitive campaigns is stubbornness and lemming tendencies.
    And possibly hearsay and like urban myths,
    just go pvp on haderus instead of waiting in a Q, pretty simple.

At all hours there can be action... kokblock night cappers, deny false emps, contribute to the success of your alliance
    play cyrodiil as meant to be

I agree with the mindset that 60+ Q's for Trueflame while Haderus is open is kind of silly.
    Edited by Xexpo on March 28, 2017 5:17AM
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • 1skaral
    1skaral
    ✭✭
    Xexpo wrote: »
    And the only thing stopping us from having two legit competitive campaigns is stubbornness and lemming tendencies.

This, pretty much. There's nothing we can do if players prefer potato-training into outposts on Trueflame for hours on end.

I'm not giving up on Haderus. If the usual 2-3 bars came to fight instead of pvdoor we'd be fine. But I hope to see some fresh faces.

PC/NA - Non-CP
    DC - Salev Ajen, Magicka DK
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a slaughter when one of the coordinated guilds like TM or KHole comes to Haderus. The only large guilds in Haddy are just not playing at that level yet. I hate to say it, but Haddy was better when both AD and EP controlled it at various times. The non-dominant factions lost, of course, but at least there was a stable map to fight on.

If VE and DR and TM all decided to come to Haddy... would that work? TM is mostly in a different time zone, but AD has ample prime time pugs at the moment, they just need direction and structure. The same can be said for EP pugs.

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way in hell I set foot on Haderus again after past experiences*. I switched home to Trueflame as it's safer bet, and my guest has always been used up for Azura's as I like no-CP PvP too.

[*] Like when a guild decided to host there and move in mass and ruin the campaign for everyone for a month...

Sadly, what ruins Haderus for me is that, as the small campaign that it is, it gets easily overrun by a few coord groups working together and the casual/peasant masses can't do anything to fight back.. and that ruins any hopes of uncoordinated play.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had needs to be a 'no emp' campaign so that guilds with two factions of alts finally quit flipping and farming it. Score it like TF. Keep it going for the fights.

Nobody plays it half of the time because the entire map is PVDoor one color, that's not fun. People just re-home elsewhere.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haderus doesn't need ALL of the Trueflame guilds to switch, just some players to balance it out.
    It's a slaughter when one of the coordinated guilds like TM or KHole comes to Haderus. The only large guilds in Haddy are just not playing at that level yet. I hate to say it, but Haddy was better when both AD and EP controlled it at various times. The non-dominant factions lost, of course, but at least there was a stable map to fight on.

If VE and DR and TM all decided to come to Haddy... would that work? TM is mostly in a different time zone, but AD has ample prime time pugs at the moment, they just need direction and structure. The same can be said for EP pugs.
    Another contributor is probably the 30 day vs 7 day causing prolonged imbalances while people wait for rewards
    I am not trying going to cause too much drama here but, afaik, the largest/zerggy-est guilds are DiG for AD and R&R for EP.
    They both boast about mutliple raids when asked,
    and they never seem particularly interested with fighting each other on Haderus if DC is active at all. From my personal experience.

DC forces are usually balanced but, if even one other organized large group shows up (like LoM etc),
    AD & EP mostly pack up and disappear until 3 or 4 am EST.
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If I had consistent enemies to fight id be there. But the only times I've gone Had, the map shrivels and dies the second people realize we're there and taking keeps , and it's been like that forever :/
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, it's a pretty great server for solo play or very small (2-3) groups. And a smallish (6ish) coordinated group on there can do insane things to the sloppy pvdoor zergs.
    I think they need to review the campaign rules for haderus tbh. It's nothing but an emperor flipping campaign that only has pvp during primetime, the alliance scoreboards hold no meaning in comparison to Trueflame. The campaign needs to be seen as something more than 'a place to escape lag' or 'a place to get emp achievement'.

Make it the same scoring system as Trueflame - not the lame resource crap. Perhaps increase the duration to 14 days to lower the incentive to go their for a quick emperor achievement.

Increase the AP incentive for playing on a faction with less numbers.

Agreed 100% that the scoring needs to change.

What I'd like is for ZOS to use haderus as an "experiment" server, with different rulesets every 2-3 cycles, things like:
    1. CP at half-strength
    2. Siege damage tweaks
    3. Different NPC setups and strengths
    4. Different scoring
    5. No resources
    6. Additional flags/towns/outposts to cap

If they aren't going to do anything to make in competitive (and god knows the community won't fix it, lol), I'd at least like it to be made interesting!

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No idea about the other servers, but on NA PC, it seems there are not enough PVP players to fill up all these different campaigns.

30 days would help, yes.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xexpo wrote: »
    I am not trying going to cause too much drama here but, afaik, the largest/zerggy-est guilds are DiG for AD and R&R for EP.
    They both boast about mutliple raids when asked,
    and they never seem particularly interested with fighting each other on Haderus if DC is active at all. From my personal experience.

DC forces are usually balanced but, if even one other organized large group shows up (like LoM etc),
    AD & EP mostly pack up and disappear until 3 or 4 am EST.

DIG and RnR are not much fighting each other either. It's much more strategic to PvDoor Drake while the emp ring is being flipped. If the zergs would go head to head, everyone else could go about their business.
    Satiar wrote: »
    If I had consistent enemies to fight id be there. But the only times I've gone Had, the map shrivels and dies the second people realize we're there and taking keeps , and it's been like that forever :/

Pretty much everyone has learned your choices are to attempt to hopelessly defend with a handful of randoms and get repeatedly zerged by whatever guild decided to come over for the evening, go take a resource and have an entire raid show up for two of you... or just log out, secure in the knowledge that AD will reset the map back to yellow in the wee hours anyway.

Which is another problem -- there's no incentive to work on controlling the map when anything you do is erased at 6am.

No, it can't just be one guild that comes over; you'll be bored. If there were 3 large guilds that wanted to move, they could probably turn Haderus into their own de facto GvGvG prime time server. (My bet would be on DC winning; they have the best smaller guilds in residence to lend support.)
    Edited by NBrookus on March 28, 2017 3:43PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see at least three AD guilds sporting groups of 12 or more on Haderus:

<Dominion Imperial Guard>

<DEAD WAIT>

<Legend of Altar>

And they usually mix together to make an even bigger group.

So no, i dont think thats going to solve the "Haderus Problem." The "Haderus Problem" is everyone cramming into the Starbucks drive thru while the Dunkin Donuts drive thru next door is empty even though it sells just as good coffee.
    Edited by Rickter on March 28, 2017 4:12PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of these problems could be on the road to fixed if there was a rewards structure that benefited both pve/PvP with his gear. They really need to add the chance for gold overland sets/master weapons for the end of the campaign score; give incentive for newer players to enter cyro and have that time mean something.

Once BG's come out, which has so far shown by ZoS to include a robust reward structure, I'd imagine most of the non-compete servers will see a bigger drop than they are now, if some edits to how one gets compensated for time spent in PvP isn't fixed.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think this is the direction they should take Haderus:
    Had - (Medium Scale PVP) spill over campaign smaller scale. Map could be redesigned to remove the emp ring of keeps. All factions have only the 3 scroll home keeps. The inner ring of keeps is replaced my a 3 bridge system that replicates the bridge between Alesia and sejanus. At the center of the 3 bridges is a single capturable outpost. Cap max group size to 8

I would like to play in a map like this...

3-Bridge-System_zpsur0j5uk9.jpg

It would be dramatic but Haderus needs something to set it apart from Trueflame to make it attractive. right now its the "one week version of trueflame." and it got a bad reputation prior to homestead as an emp flipping server. If they made it an entirely different play style, Im sure it would attract more pvp enthusiast oriented players. That would leave AS and Trueflame the servers to get emperor on.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    I still think this is the direction they should take Haderus:
    Had - (Medium Scale PVP) spill over campaign smaller scale. Map could be redesigned to remove the emp ring of keeps. All factions have only the 3 scroll home keeps. The inner ring of keeps is replaced my a 3 bridge system that replicates the bridge between Alesia and sejanus. At the center of the 3 bridges is a single capturable outpost. Cap max group size to 8

I would like to play in a map like this...

3-Bridge-System_zpsur0j5uk9.jpg

It would be dramatic but Haderus needs something to set it apart from Trueflame to make it attractive. right now its the "one week version of trueflame." and it got a bad reputation prior to homestead as an emp flipping server. If they made it an entirely different play style, Im sure it would attract more pvp enthusiast oriented players. That would leave AS and Trueflame the servers to get emperor on.

I would play the server that Crispen drewup!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add a narrow mountain pass around the outside of the map with a single outpost between each (where Drake/Brindle/Dragon are now) and I'd be down.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

I will bring DR to Had if other faction guilds similar to ours would come there too. We would not give up on Azuras because we enjoy the non-cp as well but I know we would love to go back to Had. The que for TF are to long & forget it if you dc the night is done. The last few times I have been in Had with DR we get a few good fights in & then the map dies for us. After that we just go somewhere else.
    Edited by Dutchessx on March 28, 2017 2:59PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TM would not move to Haderus full time most likely. We like no-CP too much. When AD had control of the Azura's map two nights ago we guested over and had some fun. But when AD had control of Azura's last night, we switched to DC instead. Most of us have characters of all three factions and the salt that flows as a result sustains us.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    I will bring DR to Had if other faction guilds similar to ours would come there too. We would not give up on Azuras because we enjoy the non-cp as well but I know we would love to go back to Had. The que for TF are to long & forget it if you dc the night is done. The last few times I have been in Had with DR we get a few good fights in & then the map dies for us. After that we just go somewhere else.

As much as i'd LOVE to see Darkest Requiem in Haderus again (because you know, youre like the dark version of us :wink: ), I feel like this would just compound the issue. We already have a lot of AD and EP on that server. Raven and the Rose runs huge groups and between DIG, DW, and LoA, AD has an incredibly strong presence too.

unless you all considering "Eff DC this is just going to be a two way fight". . .

are you?

Requiem can field 8-12 players practically every night. typically its in between but we have a solid group that wants to go every night. but thats a far cry from what the competition would be. DC United can get a large group out there some times, I have a guild mate that pvps with them and can reach out.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE: