The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The answer to the op heals we have in cyro that make people unkillable

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Being so tanky that you seems to be immune to any dmg isnt a problem, tank should be tanky, problem is that you can do this forever especialy stamDKs with their ulti synergies.
    DPS vs Tank shouldnt be an infinite battle. But in current state it looks like that:
    Tank takes very low dmg, so he can heal up easy and can sustain ad infinitum. Deals lower dmg.
    DPS can do some more dmg than tank, but due to his low resistances and hp it seems that tank has better dps. DPS can heal from 30% hp to 100% in one skill cast due to high resource pools. He needs to be very cautious as he can get killed very easy especialy by gankers and proc sets.

Its not as simple as just nerfing blessed because its just one of the conditions when talking about tank vs dps fights. We all have access to heals, nerfing blessed wont hurt tanks as much as DPSs will. Why? Tanks take less dmg, most of them have access to major mending, bonuses to healing taken and recieved, blessed is just an fraction of total heal buffs for them while 10% from blessed is in many cases only heal buff for DPSes. Im not saying its a bad idea, but it can have worse results than intentions.

In general playing DPS requires more skill, it bases more on active defence than passive mitigation, one mistake can lead you to death while at the same time you make no real threat to tanks as you cant kill them as fast.

Since Blessed is multiplicative with other healing bonuses and as you said yourself the damage focused build can heal up very fast anyway, Blessed certainly is more important for a healer tank than a glass cannon. It's a whole lot more important for any magicka build relying on HoTs though.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_MK wrote: »
    b4nn3d7337 wrote: »
    I dont know man... the only OP heal ive seen so far is BoL which you can cast over and over without penalty and without risk.

So you've never ran into healing springs ?

I wouldn't honestly say springs is overpowered, I would say BoL is. the burst heal is far more significant than it is on springs. Okay sure springs hits more people etc, but bol spam is much worse as the animation cancel on top of the animation speed + actually hit of bol itself on the player using it is much faster and heals way more.

The biggest problems with healing I see atm is remembrance mostly because of the damage reduction(which will be even more ridiculous with warden when it shows up) and BoL.

thats just me though, you'll probably disagree based on your post.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking for a 2vX partner that runs Fassalas. I really prefer a DK with reverb, 100 into reduce healing, and place a meatbag everytime I fight people.

How bout magplar with troll king+trans+fasalla? I've got dat destro ult on deck too bae ;)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    b4nn3d7337 wrote: »
    I dont know man... the only OP heal ive seen so far is BoL which you can cast over and over without penalty and without risk.

So you've never ran into healing springs ?

I wouldn't honestly say springs is overpowered, I would say BoL is. the burst heal is far more significant than it is on springs. Okay sure springs hits more people etc, but bol spam is much worse as the animation cancel on top of the animation speed + actually hit of bol itself on the player using it is much faster and heals way more.

The biggest problems with healing I see atm is remembrance mostly because of the damage reduction(which will be even more ridiculous with warden when it shows up) and BoL.

thats just me though, you'll probably disagree based on your post.

Actually, BoL is gonna heal for less instantly than springs if you're hitting 6 people with it, nevermind the HoT attached. I don't see how a heal that hits 3 people is considered more OP than HoTs that hit 6 and with major mending up provide much greater heals per second and more healing per point of magika. I know burst heals are important, but you can get big heal ticks on both healing springs and vigor and they can proc more support sets than BoL.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 28, 2017 2:32PM
  • Lord_MK
    Lord_MK
    ✭✭✭
    Another DPS player complaining about healing ... but doesn't have a problem with dodging or shielding or other means that players can be invincible that has nothing to do with the champion tree. Wait, check that, dodging does ...and where exactly in the champion tree is my counter to tumbling? Oh yeah, there isn't any.

So let me get this straight, these builds in your own words aren't even focused on DPS, meaning they can't kill you ... which is OK, but they fact you can;t kill them either somehow is a problem. Mmmmm, ok, I totally get what you want. The DPS should be able to kill the tank by herself even though the tank can't do any damage to to do the same to the DPS.

You don;t like people healing? Run a disease enchant on your weapon, use reverberating bash, pick an armor set that has a healing debuff component like Fasalla's Guile, use ultimates like Incapacitating Strike, group with a templar friend whose Dark Flares heal debuff cannot be dodged, tell PUGs to run a meatbag catapult, etc. And guess what, pretty much all of these stack! Healing has counters upon counters outside the champion system, it's just that people have to do the unthinkable and build for something aside from moar DPS. So they don't want to do that.

Instead they come on to these forums and petition ZoS to nerf stuff they simply can't burst down through pure damage.

THIS.

There's nothing more to say really. Healing got a ton of counters outside of CP, whereas e.g. dodge-rolling got 0 cp-counters.

Also, if you think tanks are an issue in PvP, think about why people built tanky in the first place. To counter all the people running around in double-procsets & stacking weapon damage. You can't blame tanks for being tanky, when that's the only means of countering the perma-dodgerolling double-procset-stacking players.

+ If someone's too tanky so you can't kill them(which makes sense.. i mean, you don't go full tank-mode in reactives + malubeth, expecting to be killed by one single person. When people build like this they can't kill you anyway). If I run into a 60k HP tank in Cyrodiil, take it as a mobile ultimate generator & just move on.

There is a counter to dodge rolling. It's called 33% increased cost every cast... It's called aoe.. If you play a medium armor dodge roll build in this meta tbh you're not even that adept at evading damage. You can get bodied in this meta. Like what you people don't understand is taking blessed out would even hurt me. On all of my builds I usually run at least 30 in blessed. Even though it'd hurt me I'll gladly take a nerf to improve the game.
    Asardes wrote: »
    Another "Nerf PvP but primarily hit PvE" thread. I would like it to see how you beat really hard PvE content with tanks and healers who have been deprived of Blessed. And the DDs are usually the ones that croak ;)

It may make pve a little harder but ay arent people always complaining about harder content ?

• Lord_MK
    Lord_MK
    ✭✭✭
    Since I see many do not agree with me I have proposed something else ? Why not just make befoul more viable in the champion tree ? I come to these forums to make solutions not to tell people they don't know what they're talking about because I feel my build will be nerfed
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I see many do not agree with me I have proposed something else ? Why not just make befoul more viable in the champion tree ? I come to these forums to make solutions not to tell people they don't know what they're talking about because I feel my build will be nerfed
    Kush, there's literally no point in coming to the Fourms, 97% of people don't know what balance is. All you're gunna get is like dumb 200cps who bought the game yesterday telling you, you're bad, etc.
    Edited by Isellskooma on March 28, 2017 4:20PM
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    Another DPS player complaining about healing ... but doesn't have a problem with dodging or shielding or other means that players can be invincible that has nothing to do with the champion tree. Wait, check that, dodging does ...and where exactly in the champion tree is my counter to tumbling? Oh yeah, there isn't any.

So let me get this straight, these builds in your own words aren't even focused on DPS, meaning they can't kill you ... which is OK, but they fact you can;t kill them either somehow is a problem. Mmmmm, ok, I totally get what you want. The DPS should be able to kill the tank by herself even though the tank can't do any damage to to do the same to the DPS.

You don;t like people healing? Run a disease enchant on your weapon, use reverberating bash, pick an armor set that has a healing debuff component like Fasalla's Guile, use ultimates like Incapacitating Strike, group with a templar friend whose Dark Flares heal debuff cannot be dodged, tell PUGs to run a meatbag catapult, etc. And guess what, pretty much all of these stack! Healing has counters upon counters outside the champion system, it's just that people have to do the unthinkable and build for something aside from moar DPS. So they don't want to do that.

Instead they come on to these forums and petition ZoS to nerf stuff they simply can't burst down through pure damage.

VERRRY Good words.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is we aren't dumb, we aren't noobs, and we aren't just concerned about our own builds.

I don't think you have given enough thought to identifying what you perceive as a problem and I think your proposed solution is overly narrow.

There is more to "invincible builds" than healing. Period. Yet that is the only thing you want to nerf. How in the world is that balanced? In your mind, a templar who casts a 10K breath of life is a cancer, yet the sorcerer who casts a 10K shield is somehow fine. No, sorry. You're oversimplifying. Especially since the game already provides many counters to that templar who casts a 10K breath of life and hardly any for the sorcerer who casts a 10K shield.

You just come across as one of those many many potatoes I see in cyrodiil who spam DPS skills at well known tanks and continue spamming away when it is apparent they aren't dying anytime soon - or are even a threat to your health bar.

There is already a counter in the game to these builds and it has nothing to do with the champion system: use your brain. Walk away from the perma-blocking DK or the reactive Healbot Templar and actually target other players capable of scratching your health bar.

Because most players are DPS and feel entitled to be able to kill stuff - easily apparently - even though damage being out of control, that is not somehow a "cancer" but the ability to mitigate or survive through that damage is. Not too much a bias is there? I run into those "invincible" builds every night I play and I do not have a problem at all with them, even though I am utterly incapable of killing them. I simply move on to what i deem more pressing targets. It's fine. I can't kill them and they can't kill me.
  • Lord_MK
    Lord_MK
    ✭✭✭

The thing is we aren't dumb, we aren't noobs, and we aren't just concerned about our own builds.

I don't think you have given enough thought to identifying what you perceive as a problem and I think your proposed solution is overly narrow.

There is more to "invincible builds" than healing. Period. Yet that is the only thing you want to nerf. How in the world is that balanced? In your mind, a templar who casts a 10K breath of life is a cancer, yet the sorcerer who casts a 10K shield is somehow fine. No, sorry. You're oversimplifying. Especially since the game already provides many counters to that templar who casts a 10K breath of life and hardly any for the sorcerer who casts a 10K shield.

You just come across as one of those many many potatoes I see in cyrodiil who spam DPS skills at well known tanks and continue spamming away when it is apparent they aren't dying anytime soon - or are even a threat to your health bar.

There is already a counter in the game to these builds and it has nothing to do with the champion system: use your brain. Walk away from the perma-blocking DK or the reactive Healbot Templar and actually target other players capable of scratching your health bar.

Because most players are DPS and feel entitled to be able to kill stuff - easily apparently - even though damage being out of control, that is not somehow a "cancer" but the ability to mitigate or survive through that damage is. Not too much a bias is there? I run into those "invincible" builds every night I play and I do not have a problem at all with them, even though I am utterly incapable of killing them. I simply move on to what i deem more pressing targets. It's fine. I can't kill them and they can't kill me.

Nah bro I understand there are more problems. Maybe my thread was misleading. This is just one of many changes that I think would put the game in the right direction. I chose healing in this thread because healing can be op on every class in a way. I know you've faced a stam dk. One with a semi decent build (not even dedicated toward absorbing damage can literally just negate all of your dps sometimes. Stamplar too and stam sorc even. I guess you could this thread is aimed toward the stamina classes and the magplar.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blessed is needed, and befoul is actually really f*cking strong if you know how to use it
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, lets just remove CP all together! That will solve all the problems.

Give me a break. I am sick and tired of NERFS! I would much more appreciate it if they would address issues by ADDING additional ways of dealing with things

I mean, aren't you folks getting tired of changes going backwards instead of forward? Stop asking for nerfs and ask for improvements. Nerfs only result in discouragement rather than striving for the next "thing". Personally I would rather have something to strive for than have stuff taken away.

This game has gotten into a terrible cycle of nerfs and it's getting old.
    Edited by Xeniph on March 28, 2017 5:59PM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is more to "invincible builds" than healing. Period.
    Pretty much this ^^
    In your mind, a templar who casts a 10K breath of life is a cancer, yet the sorcerer who casts a 10K shield is somehow fine.
    And this ^^
    Also - can I please get Honor the Dead to ONLY heal me? As a guaranteed heal on caster and no-one else.
    Even in small group, DKs forget that they now have an OP heal and just eat up heals.

Also - I play in small group and I think a lot of you are exaggerating. I know it's frustrating when you are outnumbered and there are a couple of healbots just heal spamming and cross healing - but get it together people. There is such a thing as situations that you cannot win.
    This whole mentality that you must win any encounter is what gets you so frustrated then you come here and QQ.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we remove rng from the combat system completely? Lol

Honestly for pvp luck factors are terrible. For PVE I think there is more of an equation over time type of thing. I think both of these could benefit from a redesign based on solid numbers. Obviously this is in simple terms and crit chance is a whole other side, but all these rng sets dampen the system completely. Some chance is good like crit chance, but having 6 or 7 items in one attack left to chance is just lowering the ceiling on skill.

Btw ive had success with 100 in befoul, plus disease on atttacks, enchants, and minor defile poisons. Unfortunately if they live through your first combo, you are likely going to die because you either sacrificed regen or dmg.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Another "Nerf PvP but primarily hit PvE" thread. I would like it to see how you beat really hard PvE content with tanks and healers who have been deprived of Blessed. And the DDs are usually the ones that croak ;)

Ive played with tanks with such high health and health recovery that they go afk during boss fights and just spam their taunt.

Just saying.
    Edited by t3hdubzy on March 28, 2017 6:11PM
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think his point is that you use to be able to kill anyone in this game solo. Now a solo player can run into a ton of builds that he can never kill by himself. And whether or not you think that's better or worse or balanced, it doesn't change the fact that it's too easy. It's actually *** how easy it is to tank and heal in this game. I have literally taken full fear ccs with 6 people on me and lived through it on a tanky build I use to play. I even purposely took a meteor to the face along with the attacks of all the other people around me because I knew I would be fine.

A pve player at capped cp can come into pvp having never done it before and literally never die. By that I mean it takes no skill. I see more and more scrubs every day that I use to destroy but now they are literally unlikable 1v1. It is just too easy. In order to survive against another player(s), it should be because you are better than them.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP healing wouldn't receive so many Nerf attacks if there was any real counter to healing build. Don't talk to me about Defile. I used to run Fasallas and reverb bash with 40 cp points in extra heal debuffing. Fasallas is unreliable against a healer.

Heal debuffs and buffs do not stack the way you think they do. I have not tested it out completely, but some heal buffs seem to be additive with heal debuffs. IE, cancel each other out

On top of that, heal debuffs are relatively hard to access, and the main healing class can remove both heal debuffs and resource poisons with one cheap ritual.
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on March 28, 2017 6:27PM
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think his point is that you use to be able to kill anyone in this game solo. Now a solo player can run into a ton of builds that he can never kill by himself. And whether or not you think that's better or worse or balanced, it doesn't change the fact that it's too easy. It's actually *** how easy it is to tank and heal in this game. I have literally taken full fear ccs with 6 people on me and lived through it on a tanky build I use to play. I even purposely took a meteor to the face along with the attacks of all the other people around me because I knew I would be fine.

A pve player at capped cp can come into pvp having never done it before and literally never die. By that I mean it takes no skill. I see more and more scrubs every day that I use to destroy but now they are literally unlikable 1v1. It is just too easy. In order to survive against another player(s), it should be because you are better than them.

Yes - but then the issue is in general, not only with healing per say, as he pointed out.
    You said it yourself - you were full fear CC'd (hence not in a position to spam BoL or whatever).
    Don't get me wrong - I too think healing is over the top in certain situations, but many things are, not just BoL like some people make it sound - vigor on a stamDK, shield stacking with high mitigation on shields, blocking.
    The issue comes in with how do you nerf one thing for one spec and not just completely nerf another class - like medium armor stamNB heals, for example.
    AKA - you can't just flat out blanket nerf.
  • Lord_MK
    Lord_MK
    ✭✭✭
    PvP healing wouldn't receive so many Nerf attacks if there was any real counter to healing build. Don't talk to me about Defile. I used to run Fasallas and reverb bash with 40 cp points in extra heal debuffing. Fasallas is unreliable against a healer.

Heal debuffs and buffs do not stack the way you think they do. I have not tested it out completely, but some heal buffs seem to be additive with heal debuffs. IE, cancel each other out

On top of that, heal debuffs are relatively hard to access, and the main healing class can remove both heal debuffs and resource poisons with one cheap ritual.

^^This

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lord_MK Are you Morning Kush?

Personally I don't agree with removing blessed. Maybe cutting it down to 15% instead of completely removing it. As a stamnb without major mending we need as many healing buffs we can stack.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »

Yes - but then the issue is in general, not only with healing per say, as he pointed out.
    You said it yourself - you were full fear CC'd (hence not in a position to spam BoL or whatever).
    Don't get me wrong - I too think healing is over the top in certain situations, but many things are, not just BoL like some people make it sound - vigor on a stamDK, shield stacking with high mitigation on shields, blocking.
    The issue comes in with how do you nerf one thing for one spec and not just completely nerf another class - like medium armor stamNB heals, for example.
    AKA - you can't just flat out blanket nerf.

Did I just get razzle dazzled?
  • Lord_MK
    Lord_MK
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    @Lord_MK Are you Morning Kush?

Personally I don't agree with removing blessed. Maybe cutting it down to 15% instead of completely removing it. As a stamnb without major mending we need as many healing buffs we can stack.

Yes I am. And I agree that it would *** NB really hard but what I feel the NB needs back honestly is the old dark cloak. Would make it pretty balanced imo

• Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing isn't the issue, it's the sets that those players where. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've pointed this out. ZOS needs to adjust reactive, malubeth (even post "nerf"), and troll king. All three of these sets are overpowered right now.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why people spend time complaining when they could be getting better at the game... forum warriors.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

^^^ This. Sure you can ignore that unkillable guy, until he's standing on a flag, or tearing up your siege. The fact is he shouldn't exist. I'm not saying "OMG DPS should be able to one shot everyone DUHHHH." I'm saying 30 minute 1v1 fights with no winner suck. I've had no less than three this week. Maybe we should be able to settle it in ten minutes or so?

The problem is block, shield stacking, and too much healing. The fixes are simple, but the forum warriors won't ever accept it. Everyone thinks that OTHER guy's only defense needs a nerf. They all do.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Not sure why people spend time complaining when they could be getting better at the game... forum warriors.

Literally every pvp'er on Xbox NA will vouch for kush's skill...
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol, zos, please nerf everything, this whole f**** game, wreck it all by nerfing it all damned!!

yes lol
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did I just get razzle dazzled?
    Packed up? ;)
    Minalan wrote: »
    Sure you can ignore that unkillable guy, until he's standing on a flag, or tearing up your siege. The fact is he shouldn't exist. I'm not saying "OMG DPS should be able to one shot everyone DUHHHH." I'm saying 30 minute 1v1 fights with no winner suck. I've had no less than three this week. Maybe we should be able to settle it in ten minutes or so?

The problem is block, shield stacking, and too much healing. The fixes are simple, but the forum warriors won't ever accept it. Everyone thinks that OTHER guy's only defense needs a nerf. They all do.
    Tearing up your siege lol. :D Anyway.
    Everything is too extreme it seems - you can't deny that there is also a lot of burst.
    Says something when a lot of fights are settled by who gets their burst in first not as a "war of attrition".
    I'd 100% prefer nonCP if resource poisons weren't so yucky in there when you are outnumbered when solo/duo. Small group is tons of fun though.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a 3v1

Blessed, elfborn, quick recovery

Vs

Befoul
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a 3v1

Blessed, elfborn, quick recovery

Vs

Befoul

It's a 3v1
    Bastion, Hardy/ele defender, Pirate Skeleton, Undeath, + Elfborn + Blessed + Quick Recovery (potentially) on Resto ult cross heal and cross bubbles, etc.

vs???

Shield Breaker? :trollface::trollface: