The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy armour needs some love !

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tanks que first because they are the shiniest!

Try Armor-All or Turtle Wax to buff your armor and forget about suggesting removal of any caps. We need those caps as protection! Your aura of shininessness would blind everybody who is not wearing bound armor to protect their eyes with purple gas. You don't want to blind yourself by accident staring at your own reflection, do you?

Transliminal Violet and Warriors steel may help you overcome your dullness as well.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Tanks que first because they are the shiniest!

Try Armor-All or Turtle Wax to buff your armor and forget about suggesting removal of any caps. We need those caps as protection! Your aura of shininessness would blind everybody who is not wearing bound armor to protect their eyes with purple gas. You don't want to blind yourself by accident staring at your own reflection, do you?

Transliminal Violet and Warriors steel may help you overcome your dullness as well.

:)))) hahahaaaa...the best answer , EVER ! :))) thnx ! :)))))
    M
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭
    Mappy2kx wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm playing in heavy armour since the game was introduced in Europe! And for some years I'm still waiting to see the heavy armour shining , but never happend :( Pls , remove the resistance cap ! Or if you have one for resistane why you dont put one for damage too ? I know 80% are DD in this game , but pls , do something about us too ! We are the true knights of this game ! :) cheers !

there is no resistance cap in PvP
    Are jokes about poop anti-septic?
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    all the meta builds are heavy with high resist and high dps. the complaint for the past year (at least) is that everyone runs heavy and can take boatloads of dmg and still burst. i dont know what your doing with your build but if you think heavy is weak your build needs a re vamp
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Baboonezz wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm playing in heavy armour since the game was introduced in Europe! And for some years I'm still waiting to see the heavy armour shining , but never happend :( Pls , remove the resistance cap ! Or if you have one for resistane why you dont put one for damage too ? I know 80% are DD in this game , but pls , do something about us too ! We are the true knights of this game ! :) cheers !

It is Bab ! 33k spell and 33 phys res :) in you opinion , the cap res is just in pve ? Lol ! Whats the point having there cap res ? :))) maybe the mobs are not happy to kill you from to many hits :)) exactly like the " mobs" from pvp !
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Barbaran wrote: »
    all the meta builds are heavy with high resist and high dps. the complaint for the past year (at least) is that everyone runs heavy and can take boatloads of dmg and still burst. i dont know what your doing with your build but if you think heavy is weak your build needs a re vamp

Maybe ! But , pls , tell me a build , an armour set, I dont know ! I put the post yestarday , and every one ia against me ! Every one says the heavy armour is op and is meta in pvp, then I asked them to write here a OP buid , but none of them write one ! Its funnie ?! Isnt it ? The flok effect ! :)))
    M
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the date on this thread correct?
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    H4RDFOX wrote: »
    Um... I don't think HA needs any buffs to what it currently offers. You have HA passives that just rock if you are tanking properly, and players that do it well are un-killable with 5 or more trying to put them down. At one point I was in favor of a Nerf to one of the passives, wrath, to proc when taking physical damage. I don't know which type of damage procs that passive, but it is granting considerable amount of damage while being hard to kill in most cases.

Omg , everyone ia killing me with this expresion " tanking properly" , presuming Im not doing nothing in a fight ! Lol ! What you can do in a fight with a tank !? Just block ? To save you life ?! Even now , blocking is a waste of time, stam reg dsnt work anymore, and ?! What for ? And cost stamina to block ! If you do a simple math test, me as a tank , from a pool of 27 k stam,I waste all of the stamina because my enemy has a pool of 40-45 k magica ! :((( where the hell is the logic here ?! If i block I loose stamina, and I wont have resourses to fight back ! This game is so ridiculos in pvp ! :(((
    M
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭

It is Bab ! 33k spell and 33 phys res :) in you opinion , the cap res is just in pve ? Lol ! Whats the point having there cap res ? :))) maybe the mobs are not happy to kill you from to many hits :)) exactly like the " mobs" from pvp !

Wrong, players have penetration which reduces your resistance, so if your at 33k and i have 20k penetration, you are at what resistance? 13k, which even you know isn't the cap.
    Edited by Baboonezz on March 28, 2017 7:40AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes buff heavy armor passives >:D kappa
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭

Wrong, players have penetration which reduces your resistance, so if your at 33k and i have 20k penetration, you are at what resistance? 13k, which even you know isn't the cap.

i know man ! But thats a different story with the penetration ! But if you have 33k res and you have a buff for another 5k res , this one , the last one , counts at the total , making 38k , but for the game code, dsnt matter , cos the cap is 33k = 50 % resistance ! :(((( crazy ideea ! And as you said , if you have 20k , omg , what is left ? 13 k res ? Like the assasin resistance ? Lol ! Crazy pvp , and bad designed ! :((
    M
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭

i know man ! But thats a different story with the penetration ! But if you have 33k res and you have a buff for another 5k res , this one , the last one , counts at the total , making 38k , but for the game code, dsnt matter , cos the cap is 33k = 50 % resistance ! :(((( crazy ideea ! And as you said , if you have 20k , omg , what is left ? 13 k res ? Like the assasin resistance ? Lol ! Crazy pvp , and bad designed ! :((

wrong again. i feel i've been baited but benefit of the doubt. prove that the code caps resistances at 33k. go on, i'll wait
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So yeh....

Anyone who isn't a sorc or stamblade is in heavy in PvP. A handful of other people are wearing medium and nobody else is in light.

In pve, builds like magica dk tank and my saptank build are just stupid good in heavy. Damage, sustain, survivability all rolled into one.

I tank every vet dungeon with 27k health and under 30k resistances.

Sorry, but you're doing something wrong.
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭

wrong again. i feel i've been baited but benefit of the doubt. prove that the code caps resistances at 33k. go on, i'll wait

It is in a patch note ! From last year , or 2 years ago ! Cap is cap bro ! Thats why is called cap ! :)
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    So yeh....

Anyone who isn't a sorc or stamblade is in heavy in PvP. A handful of other people are wearing medium and nobody else is in light.

In pve, builds like magica dk tank and my saptank build are just stupid good in heavy. Damage, sustain, survivability all rolled into one.

What do you mean , who is not sorc or stamblade ? But what is left !? One option , tank ?! :)))) of corse I will have heavy armour as a tank ! 3 classes , ya ? Dd , heal and tank ! :)
    M
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭

It is in a patch note ! From last year , or 2 years ago ! Cap is cap bro ! Thats why is called cap ! :)

The cap mitigation is 50% of incoming damage, if someone has 20k penetration and you have 33k resistance that is NOT 50% of incoming damage, that is how it works, its been tested many times. If you don't want to believe it test it yourself rather than reading 2 year old patch notes.
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭

The cap mitigation is 50% of incoming damage, if someone has 20k penetration and you have 33k resistance that is NOT 50% of incoming damage, that is how it works, its been tested many times. If you don't want to believe it test it yourself rather than reading 2 year old patch notes.

Lol ! Of course your right ! When you have 33k that ls 50% ! Its logic , if you have 20 k pen and left me with 13k res , that will be only 10-15 % mit ! Thats logic ! :)) you understood me wrong from the begging !
    M
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skimming through this post so of ut has been answered already, sorry in advance. But, which campaign do you play in? If its Azura (or any non cc points campaign) then how much you spent into impen and ressistance is of no use. Only the stats of your gear matters, and the skill setup. So you would be hit much harder by a procc than in a campaign where you can spend cc to avoid the spike and being 2 shot.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dont really know what you guy's are arguing here but resistance is hard capped at about 33k allowing you to only be able to resist 50 percent via resistance, even if you hit cap penetration easily makes it to the point you'll never get the full benefit.

Though mitigation isn't capped at 50 percent it's a little higher than that.

•  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are serious: Get Impenetrable traits on armor. Block. Keep vigor up all the time, keep all defensive buffs up all the time.

If you are trolling: Great job!
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »
    If you are serious: Get Impenetrable traits on armor. Block. Keep vigor up all the time, keep all defensive buffs up all the time.

If you are trolling: Great job!

im not trolling dude ! but you dont see ? every one says Heavy Arm is soo OP...but no one has a strong argument ! :))) lol ! they are blinded by figures and ZOS math ! :)) and as you can see ...I had around 20 aswers from players .,.and seems like almost of them are AGAINST heavy armour to be improved for more resistance ! and that means they are DD in this game..and Im not surprised ! I sayd that from the beggining ! 80 % of them want jus DAMAGE DAMAGE ! ...and to kill the oponent fastest possible ! :(
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    skimming through this post so of ut has been answered already, sorry in advance. But, which campaign do you play in? If its Azura (or any non cc points campaign) then how much you spent into impen and ressistance is of no use. Only the stats of your gear matters, and the skill setup. So you would be hit much harder by a procc than in a campaign where you can spend cc to avoid the spike and being 2 shot.

Im playng TrueFlame and the other one for 7 days ! I know the differences with the CP ,one has no CP on it ! :) I tried all the tank armours ...Pariah ,Blak rose ...I crafted some of them , too ! but no luck ! this game iss so streched in to many directions and ignors the only thing that matters in a MMORPG --- fighting with the other players ,,,,cos if its built for PVE ..then I prefer to play Skyrim and same my money for other online games ! :) cheers !
    M
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    So yeh....

What do you mean , who is not sorc or stamblade ? But what is left !? One option , tank ?! :)))) of corse I will have heavy armour as a tank ! 3 classes , ya ? Dd , heal and tank ! :)

Magica sorc uses light armor.

Stamina nighblade uses medium armor.

Stam sorc, Stam DK, stamplar (some are wearing medium), magica templar, magica dk and magica NB for the most are in heavy. That's how good it is.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has got to be a troll post.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    You need an "oh snip"-button. Like maybe elusive mist. Always hover a finger over that button when travelling and jam it the second you even think you hear a nightblade sneezing.

It's true that even with extremely high mitigation a nightblade can jump you and proc 3 sets at once and do a boatload of damage. There is no building around reaction time.
    I'm not very well versed in DK playstyle so I don't know what a viable "oh snip"-button might be for you, but I do not honestly believe that you are actually one-shot all the time. You will, most of the time, have a second to react, break free, dragon blood, elusive mist, or whatever you have available. Once the procblade have unloaded on you (giggedy) you should be able to handle him with your extreme tranking prowess.

Heavy armor makes a huge difference from light armor in PvP.

very funny !

How so?

So, when you asked for help in the OP you didn't really mean it, did you?

Also, when you asked for opinions on the state of heavy armor in PvP you didn't mean that either.

If you tried all the sets and all the builds and all the skills and still just die super quick, maybe it's you, man ;)
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    incite wrote: »
    Just when I thought I read it all

I can't even.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    You need an "oh snip"-button. Like maybe elusive mist. Always hover a finger over that button when travelling and jam it the second you even think you hear a nightblade sneezing.

It's true that even with extremely high mitigation a nightblade can jump you and proc 3 sets at once and do a boatload of damage. There is no building around reaction time.
    I'm not very well versed in DK playstyle so I don't know what a viable "oh snip"-button might be for you, but I do not honestly believe that you are actually one-shot all the time. You will, most of the time, have a second to react, break free, dragon blood, elusive mist, or whatever you have available. Once the procblade have unloaded on you (giggedy) you should be able to handle him with your extreme tranking prowess.

very funny !

How so?

Also, when you asked for opinions on the state of heavy armor in PvP you didn't mean that either.

If you tried all the sets and all the builds and all the skills and still just die super quick, maybe it's you, man ;)

Ofcorse its me ! Thats the thing ! Im the one who die from 2 shots ! Cos the enemy has huuugeee damage and its nothing what I can do against that ! Maybe I should go back and play Tera !
    M
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread and OP is definietly a troll.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

very funny !

How so?

Ofcorse its me ! Thats the thing ! Im the one who die from 2 shots ! Cos the enemy has huuugeee damage and its nothing what I can do against that ! Maybe I should go back and play Tera !

Maybe.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    This feels suspiciously like a troll post. In PVE most dungeons either dont need a tank or can be tanked in medium with a shield.

In pvp heavy armor gives you a huge difference even without all passives active. Unless you are playing cp 30 day campaign which I agree that heavy armor alone isnt going to save you, using the right combinations of gear should fair you pretty well.

I always spec my tank for high damage, giving up survivability, and do pretty well to stay alive. I cant imagine if i ran sturdy and block cost reduction build.

you are troll man ! a troll player ! you and your friends who only want to do more damage as possible ! you dont really care about the game ! you want just to kill someone very fast and very simple ! pls , remeber , you are the one who is complaining about the Heavy armour being too OP , this way making fake posts like the fake news you ready them every day ! pls ..wake up and be honest with the comunity! you are a toxic person! go and play mario!

Hahahahaha o em gee....