Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy armour needs some love !

• Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    This thread and OP is definietly a troll.

How so ?!
    M
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you realize that even tho there IS a 50% mitigation cap, that you can still effectively have extra mitigation on standby.

what i mean is this: if you have 40k spell resist (8k roughly OVER cap) and and player has sharpened weaps and is wearing spinner, youre spell resist is roughly at 30k at that point. so even after all armor reducing debuffs, you're still at cap (roughly)
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What. The. Hell. Is going on in this thread.

P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Kser
    Kser
    Soul Shriven
    Heavy armor op atm
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How and what heals are you using?

Imo, stamina based builds are more of a kill before being killed type game play, where heals are used to make a slight difference between the two player's health pools (offensive stam builds)

A perma blocking type stam build is just that. Primarily survival, with little offensive capabilities, your primary goal is simply survival.

Magicka builds have wards which can greatly slow the battle (for both players) and strong heals. I personally prefer the longer battles and therefore prefer magicka builds.

I prefer heavy for the increased heals (exact same build in medium actually has smaller heals - without heavy wrath passive at all) and even with all the penetration I assume I'll still receive 8% more mitigation.

The health bonus of heavy is nice too, and the resource return is noticeable on your off pool.

If you are heavy, if you're stam, you need a strong spot heal to prevent being gibbed. Most players try combos, if you can survive their burst and then heal, you have a really strong chance at winning.

My heavy builds run a lot of healing, if you want an example check out my builds, they'll provide some ideas of how I use heavy armor (daedric shepherd is PvE therefore not heavy armor.)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    you realize that even tho there IS a 50% mitigation cap, that you can still effectively have extra mitigation on standby.

what i mean is this: if you have 40k spell resist (8k roughly OVER cap) and and player has sharpened weaps and is wearing spinner, youre spell resist is roughly at 30k at that point. so even after all armor reducing debuffs, you're still at cap (roughly)

are you sure about these ? cos I couldnt find a topic about this and nothing heard from ESO too :(
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Kser wrote: »
    Heavy armor op atm

why ? pls give 2 examples !
    M
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    How and what heals are you using?

Imo, stamina based builds are more of a kill before being killed type game play, where heals are used to make a slight difference between the two player's health pools (offensive stam builds)

A perma blocking type stam build is just that. Primarily survival, with little offensive capabilities, your primary goal is simply survival.

Magicka builds have wards which can greatly slow the battle (for both players) and strong heals. I personally prefer the longer battles and therefore prefer magicka builds.

I prefer heavy for the increased heals (exact same build in medium actually has smaller heals - without heavy wrath passive at all) and even with all the penetration I assume I'll still receive 8% more mitigation.

The health bonus of heavy is nice too, and the resource return is noticeable on your off pool.

If you are heavy, if you're stam, you need a strong spot heal to prevent being gibbed. Most players try combos, if you can survive their burst and then heal, you have a really strong chance at winning.

My heavy builds run a lot of healing, if you want an example check out my builds, they'll provide some ideas of how I use heavy armor (daedric shepherd is PvE therefore not heavy armor.)

Amazing answer ! thank you ! you might be right , Most players try combos ! Probably thats why Im dead after that :)) and ..ya..I will try to find a way to survive that combo !:) thank you again ! :)
    M
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone who still doesn't know how mitigation works , here's a thread that has been getting updated for some time.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-and-list-of-options-updated-for-homestead/p3
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mappy2kx wrote: »

How so ?!

It's impossible people can say things like this and not trolling. I see 2 ways of You saying things like this. You are troll or You have no idea of current PvP state of the game or no skill which would be sad including fact You have 680 cp.

Dont take this as insult those are just simple logic facts.
    Heavy armor op atm

1.Constitution passive allows You to return both resources magicka and stamina while fighting other armors allows You just to restore 1 resource and most of the stamina builds using also magicka abilities and magicka builds using break free or block also so everyone have profit of that
    2. Higher resistances. If You're saying You can be 2 shoted in heavy try to survive more in light or medium
    3. Wrath passive which when stacked to max can give You additional 200 weapon and spell dmg so increasing Your dmg and allows to have really nice dmg in heavy armor setups.
    4. Raid mending passive. 1st it increasing Your healing taken then additionaly it increasing resource amount You get from heavy attacks by 25% which combined with Constitution gives You very good resource managment.
    5. Having that high resource managment not by regens but by other ways and high resistances almost on cap allows people wearing heavy armor setups to maximize their base offensive stats because they dont need regenerations or resistances so they can get high dmg while also beeing tanky.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 28, 2017 6:06PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If by 'love' then you mean a resource return nerf in the constitution passive, I agree. :trollface:
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭

How so ?!

It's impossible people can say things like this and not trolling. I see 2 ways of You saying things like this. You are troll or You have no idea of current PvP state of the game or no skill which would be sad including fact You have 680 cp.

Heavy armor op atm

1.Constitution passive allows You to return both resources magicka and stamina while fighting other armors allows You just to restore 1 resource and most of the stamina builds using also magicka abilities and magicka builds using break free or block also so everyone have profit of that
    2. Higher resistances. If You're saying You can be 2 shoted in heavy try to survive more in light or medium
    3. Wrath passive which when stacked to max can give You additional 200 weapon and spell dmg so increasing Your dmg and allows to have really nice dmg in heavy armor setups.
    4. Raid mending passive. 1st it increasing Your healing taken then additionaly it increasing resource amount You get from heavy attacks by 25% which combined with Constitution gives You very good resource managment.
    5. Having that high resource managment not by regens but by other ways and high resistances almost on cap allows people wearing heavy armor setups to maximize their base offensive stats because they dont need regenerations or resistances so they can get high dmg while also beeing tanky.

Thank you for the post . I know all of that ...but as I said...in theory looks ok ! but in practic ..its pure rabbish !
    For ex.Wrath passive which when stacked to max can give You additional 200 weapon - what the hell is this? 200 ? really ? whats so big deal ? you dont see man ? its insane...as an Englishman will say : THIS IS PEANUT ! nothing ! :)) anyway ! if Heavy armour was good . Im sure you would wear it., but ofcorse..you are a DD ! :)cheers !
    M
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too obvious troll I rate 2/10 wouldn't read again .
    Why the hell are people actually giving advices for him when the troll is obvious and bad
    Edited by BohnT on March 29, 2017 7:54AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so ?!

Heavy armor op atm

Thank you for the post . I know all of that ...but as I said...in theory looks ok ! but in practic ..its pure rabbish !
    For ex.Wrath passive which when stacked to max can give You additional 200 weapon - what the hell is this? 200 ? really ? whats so big deal ? you dont see man ? its insane...as an Englishman will say : THIS IS PEANUT ! nothing ! :)) anyway ! if Heavy armour was good . Im sure you would wear it., but ofcorse..you are a DD ! :)cheers !

200 is actually significant. Look at it like this: what is required to gain 200 weapon damage? - 200 is more than a single glyph, it's roughly the equivalent or a mundus stone, it's also near what a 5th set bonus does. Essentially, it requires one significant allocation to achieve 200 dmg increase, however, for heavy armor, it's a passive with an achievable trigger.

It's practically gaining a free glyph (remember you only get 3)

In this game you look for accumulative effects. Sure 200 by itself may seem small, add in major brutality, lookin at 240, add in minor beserk, lookin at 250, add in crit modifiers you're lookin at effectively 375 weapon damage equivalent. All from one passive etc

These things can be easily overlooked.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you just Exposed yourself to the prejudice anti heavy armor crowd. Prepare yourself....
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭
    For anyone who still doesn't know how mitigation works , here's a thread that has been getting updated for some time.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-and-list-of-options-updated-for-homestead/p3

You can have more resistance than what the hard cap allows but it won't give you more mitigation, however, in PvP if someone debuffs you then having resistance above the hard cap can sometimes allow you to stay at hard cap if the debuff is to weak or your buffed resistance is strong enough.

Are jokes about poop anti-septic?
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor is good where it's at. Light and medium could actually use some love.
  • H4RDFOX
    H4RDFOX
    ✭✭✭
    H4RDFOX wrote: »
    Um... I don't think HA needs any buffs to what it currently offers. You have HA passives that just rock if you are tanking properly, and players that do it well are un-killable with 5 or more trying to put them down. At one point I was in favor of a Nerf to one of the passives, wrath, to proc when taking physical damage. I don't know which type of damage procs that passive, but it is granting considerable amount of damage while being hard to kill in most cases.

Omg , everyone ia killing me with this expresion " tanking properly" , presuming Im not doing nothing in a fight ! Lol ! What you can do in a fight with a tank !? Just block ? To save you life ?! Even now , blocking is a waste of time, stam reg dsnt work anymore, and ?! What for ? And cost stamina to block ! If you do a simple math test, me as a tank , from a pool of 27 k stam,I waste all of the stamina because my enemy has a pool of 40-45 k magica ! :((( where the hell is the logic here ?! If i block I loose stamina, and I wont have resourses to fight back ! This game is so ridiculos in pvp ! :(((

What's your setup? Gear, traits, and weapons. Tanking properly is just that, and heavy armor wearers dominate in most cases PvP 1vX, I've seen it. You have HA temps just wrecking shop, and HA DKs tanking damage until they reach max buff with passives then go on the attack lashing, doing that claw ability, and leaping players to death. So yeah, they are doing it right obviously. HA doesn't need buffs, they are meta right now, which is why some players are running 5 piece heavy sets such as rattlecage, clever alchemist, and fasalla's guile to name a few. HA is meant to tank, and disrupt groups so that DPS can take them down, that's the play style.
    #NoEasyProps
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy is super OP lol. i cant believe u
    Edited by LordSlif on March 29, 2017 5:54AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How so ?!

Heavy armor op atm

Ok You took something out of context and still dont get the point so I'll make it more clear for You. Medium or light armor DD's need to invest into regens or cost reductions glyphs , foods or sets when heavy armor players have resource managment not related to regenerations statistics so they can fully invest into offensive stats by sets , foods , glyphs and that gives fully buffed heavy armor builds around 30k hp 40k stamina or magicka , over 3k wep or spell dmg and ~30k resists when still having decent resource managment and also wearing 1 or 2 proc sets which boost dmg even more. Try to get close to it in medium or light armor. For Your knowledge I am DD and I am wearing heavy armor also on my DD PvP builds. Fact You suck at doing this doesnt mean heavy armor builds are underperforming. I am not saying this often but L2P or adapt. Cheers.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 29, 2017 4:21AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Too obvious troll I rate 2/10 wouldn't read again .
    Why the he'll are people actually giving advices for him when the troll is obvious and bad

Because some newbies can come here read and think he have right and spread that. The troll is good when not creating such mistaking advices for the others like thread title try to tell us.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 29, 2017 4:26AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love how people jump to OMFG it's super OP it's crazy powerful this is nuts... you are over exaggerating by a lot calm down. Heavy armor works well and is in a great place after it's been useless for how long? Years?

If a nerf was to happen to the passives where you could get no damage from it then I think a buff to something else is called for like way more health and you can block longer. I would hate to see pvp turn into light and medium armor only and Stam would be OP again bc they would one shot every magic character.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

How so ?!

Heavy armor op atm

Heavy is super op. Dont need love lol.
    Heavy should be for tanks only but a DPS can use it and do damage, lot of damage btw
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armour is almost similar with medium armour ! I want to tank man , not to do damage ! Thats my point !
    M
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armour is almost similar with medium armour ! I want to tank man , not to do damage ! Thats my point !

1st of all- no heavy armor isnt similar to medium.
    2nd-You wanna tank ? Then create tank build...

https://youtu.be/XdtFpeWuLCw

That's doesnt looks like one shot.
    Edited by Juhasow on March 29, 2017 11:17AM
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2p
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭

1st of all- no heavy armor isnt similar to medium.
    2nd-You wanna tank ? Then create tank build...

https://youtu.be/XdtFpeWuLCw

That's doesnt looks like one shot.

that was my post for ! for some love ! tell me a set...an armour set ...and I will farm it ! !
    M
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initially im thinking "this must be a troll or irony"....reading your post it seems its sincere...lol
    Heavy armor has been the meta for almost a year now, medium and light are subpar compared to heavy armor builds.
    Some people.....

PC EU
    PvP only
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭

Check your build, the tank is a support u will buff u and your group. Heavy will grant u more resistence and sustain only, Your combos will make you stay alive and Increase the effectiveness of your group too
    Edited by LordSlif on March 29, 2017 1:40PM
  • Mappy2kx
    Mappy2kx
    ✭✭✭
    Glamdring wrote: »
    L2p
    from where should I start ?! Damn , im 680 cp ! :(

M