Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Group Finder - Awaiting ZOS viewing - Stop Ignoring This Thread.

AlexDresden87
AlexDresden87
✭✭✭
Was half way through a dungeon today with my group, qued for a dps who left group and the GF kicked us out of the instance when a new dps joined us. Zenimax FIX THE DAMN GF CRAP.
  • AlexDresden87
    AlexDresden87
    ✭✭✭
    I would appreciate some acknowledgement that someone will look into this irritable bug.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 years since launch and we're still discussing lfg issues. Totally inept.
  • AlexDresden87
    AlexDresden87
    ✭✭✭
    These issues began after the recent patch/upgrade to the wild crates. And its pissing me and my guildies off. 2 days straight dealing with this crap. And whats disruptive of all is the fact that even in the middle/half way through the dungeon, we get kicked out because of this bug. It needs to be fixed NOW. I've even put a ticket about this problem and guess what the supports comment:

[Hey there Adventurer,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online support team. My name is ******, and it's my pleasure to be working with you today. As an avid gamer myself, I know how irritating and stressful these kinds of problems can be.

We appreciate you taking the time to voice your opinion to us! We ask that you take this conversation over to the forums, where you can submit feedback to the game which will get collected, and forwarded to be assessed by the developers. :) Gamers like you are what keep everything running smoothly!

For now, we will go ahead and set this ticket to solved - but don't let that alarm you! A simple reply to this email can immediately reopen your ticket so we may resume our conversation.]

Yeah that tells me they won't do a damn thing about this problem.
    Edited by AlexDresden87 on March 9, 2017 11:46PM
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was half way through a dungeon today with my group, qued for a dps who left group and the GF kicked us out of the instance when a new dps joined us. Zenimax FIX THE DAMN GF CRAP.

I'm sorry, I just have to ask.... What is GF supposed to mean? LoL

Nvm I'm an idiot. Lol
    Edited by RavenRoxie on March 9, 2017 11:50PM
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • AlexDresden87
    AlexDresden87
    ✭✭✭
    It would provide some comfort if one of the ZOS will acknowledge that they've seen this posting and will look into it.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you can be reasonably certain if someone leaves your dungeon midway through you will never find a replacement.
  • AlexDresden87
    AlexDresden87
    ✭✭✭
    That and if someone does end up being put in our group, it forces the current players out and resets the dungeon so it makes no difference. "Removing from Instance" indicator appears when that other person joined half way in the dungeon. And all the players were ported out.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    And you can be reasonably certain if someone leaves your dungeon midway through you will never find a replacement.

Yeah, when someone leaves for whatever reason, we just disband, leave, regroup and requeue.
    Either that or just continue a person down.
  • AlexDresden87
    AlexDresden87
    ✭✭✭
    LordGavus wrote: »
    Molydeus wrote: »

Yeah, when someone leaves for whatever reason, we just disband, leave, regroup and requeue.
    Either that or just continue a person down.

That just does not fly, too much hassle and a waste of time. They need to fix that crap because thats more work for us players. We are paying customers so there fore we should not have to re due something that we started just because the developers decided they don't want to keep it the way the group finder was before. Hell Warcraft doesn't have this issue last I played it. Almost seems like paying for service with them is better than dealing with the developers for this game.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's assume they just don't care because they keep changing it but have yet to fix anything that couldn't be hotfixed.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would provide some comfort if one of the ZOS will acknowledge that they've seen this posting and will look into it.

I doubt you're going to get a response, but make a note that ZOS want to let you know:

While we don't comment on every thread, or act on every suggestion, we do read as many of them as we can and compile the feedback to look for trends / issues. When deciding on fixes / features we have to evaluate each change, assess risk and weigh it against a number of factors such as overall health of the game, balance, other fixes, other features in development...etc. There isn't a magic button to fix issues and most of the time things aren't as simple as they may seem.
  • AlexDresden87
    AlexDresden87
    ✭✭✭
    While we don't comment on every thread, or act on every suggestion, we do read as many of them as we can and compile the feedback to look for trends / issues. When deciding on fixes / features we have to evaluate each change, assess risk and weigh it against a number of factors such as overall health of the game, balance, other fixes, other features in development...etc. There isn't a magic button to fix issues and most of the time things aren't as simple as they may seem.

Thats great and all, but having gotten a response from the Service Ticket telling me to submit the bug to the forums rather than address it means they don't see it as a problem as we do and that is an issue. Its a disruption to game-play plain and simple.
    Edited by AlexDresden87 on March 10, 2017 1:20AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats great and all, but having gotten a response from the Service Ticket telling me to submit the bug to the forums rather than address it means they don't see it as a problem as we do and that is an issue. Its a disruption to game-play plain and simple.

You didn't post on the bug forums tho that's here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/bug-reports
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 10, 2017 1:22AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ZOS_GregoryV

You didn't post on the bug forums tho that's here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/bug-reports

This thread has been moved to the Bug Report section.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    2 years since launch and we're still discussing lfg issues. Totally inept.

We're not just discussing it, it's more like getting worse with every update.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to give you all an update, we are aware of this issue where your group gets disbanded after going to a dungeon and are working on getting it fixed. We're also working on a similar issue where some group members aren't receiving the bonus reward after a dungeon is completed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about the issue where a pre formed group just gets kicked out of the dungeon and may (or may not) get ported back in 5 mins later.

the only good news is we discovered last night you can manualy travel back to the selected dungeon after the group tool kicks you out and complete it as normal (and get the rewards). this is with a pre formed group of 4
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to give you all an update, we are aware of this issue where your group gets disbanded after going to a dungeon and are working on getting it fixed. We're also working on a similar issue where some group members aren't receiving the bonus reward after a dungeon is completed.

Lol... I submitted ticket after ticket about 12 months ago about the random reward... so don't hold your breathe on THAT getting fixed.

But its okay... the latest patch has the Nixad making sounds at the right times again - and has stopped the dogs barking too much!! So the game is fixed!! ... smh....
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Rittings wrote: »

Lol... I submitted ticket after ticket about 12 months ago about the random reward... so don't hold your breathe on THAT getting fixed.

But its okay... the latest patch has the Nixad making sounds at the right times again - and has stopped the dogs barking too much!! So the game is fixed!! ... smh....

To be fair, the teams that fix audio issues aren't the same ones that fix issues with the Grouping Tool. That said, we've been working on fixing that particular issue with the rewards but each time the fix gets tested, we find it doesn't completely resolve the problem.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »

To be fair, the teams that fix audio issues aren't the same ones that fix issues with the Grouping Tool. That said, we've been working on fixing that particular issue with the rewards but each time the fix gets tested, we find it doesn't completely resolve the problem.

Then may I make a suggestion that the ones who are fixing the audio issues (since they ARE being resolved) help the guys out who are trying to fix the grouping tool? Because seems the "audio" guys are closers who get the job done... The grouping tool being broken for 12 months is not acceptable in an MMO, right? So it really should be priority - as should freezing in end-game content.

I'm presuming MOST your consumer base would be much happier if you got the big things fixed first - then thought about taking more money out of us, and working on the tiny aesthetics :) We can fix the pet audio issues ourselves for now, we simply turn them off, however.. we cannot workaround the blue screening and frame rate freezing.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Do you really want our Audio Director trying to fix the Grouping Tool? ;)

me.jpg
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

me.jpg

That dude got good taste in music. :> (Referring to his T-shirt).
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

me.jpg

Would definitely get some awesome music while waiting for a group that never formed... Because, why form a group when you can listen to the music all day? :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

me.jpg

Cute, but at this point you may as well let him loose on a build and see if he can fix it by strumming the theme from M*A*S*H for all the chance it might have of fixing it compared to everyone else.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the hat! Can we get those in game?

Wait..why not the whole outfit? Let's call it "Modern Bard"!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    RavenRoxie wrote: »

I'm sorry, I just have to ask.... What is GF supposed to mean? LoL

At first, I thought they meant for GF to mean Girl Friend. Go back and read the post and it still makes sense this way.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well honestly he will likely do a better job.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • partzs
    partzs
    I dont care who fixes the issue as long as it gets fixed. If the Janitor fixes it, maybe you need to get new people to code your game. And we are not your testers! Any code fix should be going through QA before its released to the public! Releasing one change that breaks 3 other things, means no one is testing your code changes!
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

me.jpg

why not? he might be able to actually pull it off ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Gina got jokes. Funny af. LOL!

The group finder is all messed up this weekend. Acts like group disbanded after entering dungeon. But I'm still in group. Also, pre made group would say activity complete after finding a random dungeon. Not once did I get the xp bonus after a few very painful runs.