Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Mag DK PvP Builds and Discussion

• HereForMorale
    I made the switch to Sun instead of BSW and I am pretty happy about it. It gives more damage overall instead of relying on that proc chance of BSW.
    Options
  • Insanepirate01
    Insanepirate01
    ✭✭✭
    I made the switch to Sun instead of BSW and I am pretty happy about it. It gives more damage overall instead of relying on that proc chance of BSW.

How are your heals with sun? I'm currently running bsw and thinking of switching as well
    Options
  • HereForMorale

How are your heals with sun? I'm currently running bsw and thinking of switching as well

The heals aren't bad. BSW has to be proced in order for it to affect your heals so it's not a thing that's up all the time. It's hit or miss. I haven't noticed a huge difference though.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I hadn't switched over to magwarden I'd be running 5x impregnable, 5x wizard's riposte, 2x Skoria on S&B/S&B.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running 2 grothdarr, 5 Sun and 5 riposte on my magDK now and I'm loving it, 5/1/1 full tri stat glyps with witchmothers brew.
    Options
  • SnowTheMadDog
    SnowTheMadDog
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see the point, u have talon that CC AND apply minor maim too
    Appolÿon - mDK
    Appollÿon - mTemplar
    Options
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭

Well talons is expensive, and only applies it for 4 seconds, whereas riposte applies it for 15. Choking talons also deals physical damage, burning deal fire. The damage from burning is pretty solid.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IxskullzxI wrote: »

Well talons is expensive, and only applies it for 4 seconds, whereas riposte applies it for 15. Choking talons also deals physical damage, burning deal fire. The damage from burning is pretty solid.

The debuff is 7 seconds though you are right about the damage. Burning are way better for DPS and putting pressure on on your enemy. Plus the dot can proc Scoria.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    IxskullzxI wrote: »

The debuff is 7 seconds though you are right about the damage. Burning are way better for DPS and putting pressure on on your enemy. Plus the dot can proc Scoria.

Oh, my bad. I thought the tooltip said 4. It's been so long since I've used that morph.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
    Options
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭

I use burning talons though, riposte is a very good set.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are folks running solo and small group in no-CP? I'm torn between LA vs. HA magDK and sets. I feel like impregnable and Skoria are must have pieces and then I've got no clue on the other sets. Weighing Bloodthorn vs. Kagrenac's vs. Wizard's Riposte vs. Desert Rose vs. BSW vs. Sun. Too many choices for magDK these days.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Favorite part about this post is all the diversity in builds! So so many that work great. I can't stand running around when it feels like 2 builds for each class is viable.
    Options
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    What are folks running solo and small group in no-CP?

In non-vet I'm running all heavy 5 piece Shacklebreaker, 3 piece Willow's Path, with tri-stat food and spell damage enchanted jewelry. Flame Destro/Resto. Chest Reinforced, Legs/Helm Infused, rest split between Impen and Sturdy, all Magicka enchants. I'm Argonian so ~30k magicka, health, and 20k stamina.
    Edited by worsttankever on July 9, 2017 8:03PM
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
    Options
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play in Cp campain only. Im running DW/SwordShield Spinner, Bloodspawn and Shalk Exoskeleton. I got a verry decent Ulti reg but im thinking about to change spinner with a more tanky set to get better sustain. Because atm. i got tworeg glyphes and one cost reduction but still run out of magica in longer fights.

Edit: Are batleground sets bound on pick up?
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on July 10, 2017 10:57AM
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im running destro/resto.

5 spinners, 4 magnus, 2 skoria.

5L, 1M and 1H.

Running poisons and shields (harness and ward). CDB costs more and having a shield than gives you 300% more healing on low health always outperformed CDB for me.

I never liked S&B and no i hate being a vampire, the fire damage is just too great for me.

Defending on the resto back bar, i never get 1 shotted from proc blades, and with 2 shields and the resto ulti on the back i always survive them (assuming the server actually responds to my character).

Damage is decent, i never saw an actual damage difference between sun and spinners, but one thing is for sure, there are a ton of heavy armour players out there, and sitting at 16K spell pen works very nicely on a mDK (IMO).

Obviously if you get bombarded by 3+ players, 90% chance you will die, since there is no escape (no vampire so no mobility).

Still not sure on magnus, will mess around with a second set, but spinners really works nicely.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • EnglishTea123
    EnglishTea123
    ✭✭✭
    Since we're talking about magicka DKs, has anyone figured out a successful mag dk build using destro/resto staff that's, preferably, not a vampire? Not talking about the heavy attack build. Just for overall play. I'm kind of getting bored of playing double sword and board on my mag dk. Not that it's not cool, but just want to try new things. I know it's a suicidal playstyle and has not been viable since the major mag dk nerf from way-back-when, but still just curious.

Didn't see your post ZoM haha xD
    Edited by EnglishTea123 on July 10, 2017 10:59AM
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    wrapped wrote: »
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    oha that sounds interesting

did u do some testing with varens legacy?

https://youtu.be/nXu6hfr51cA

i haave a 5 varens legacy + 5 alteration mastery + 2 skoria/bloodspawn in mind....
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
    Options
  • Mcgelie1
    Mcgelie1
    ✭✭
    I run the basic 5 seducer, 2 skoria, 3 willpower setup. Using dual destro. I'm by no means a great PvP player,but I've found my effectiveness depends more on situational awareness and strategy. My heavy attacks hit hard with molten armaments, and my crowd control drains my enemies' resources.
    Edit: I'm sure I'll find better gear setups as I play, but I'm getting more effective the more I play, and this setup makes it easy to get into PvP
    Edited by Mcgelie1 on July 24, 2017 3:40AM
    Options
  • WhoThenNow7
    WhoThenNow7
    ✭✭✭
    5 seducer 5 sun and 2 skoria all heavy is what I use, and I have had the most success I've ever had before on a magDk
    Options
  • murdomac101
    murdomac101
    ✭✭✭
    5 seducer 5 sun and 2 skoria all heavy is what I use, and I have had the most success I've ever had before on a magDk

What weapons are you using with it?
    Options
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shacklebreaker/Amberplasm/Skoria

On cp camapign if you have emperor's buff, go for 3 stats regen drink and enjoy.

Fully buffed you can get like 2.8k mag regen 2K stam regen and stil get ... (w/o jewel regen enchant ...)

23k health 14k stam and 35k magicka...

Think about this :)
    Edited by Vanzen on July 24, 2017 5:48PM
    Options
  • SnowTheMadDog
    SnowTheMadDog
    ✭✭✭
    Amberplasm is good, but come on....if u have a life, getin 3 jewel and 2 sharpened sword/ 2 sturdy or impen shield will take you ages..if u lucky
    Appolÿon - mDK
    Appollÿon - mTemplar
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or just craft the weapons and shields?
    Options
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amberplasm is good, but come on....if u have a life, getin 3 jewel and 2 sharpened sword/ 2 sturdy or impen shield will take you ages..if u lucky

Farm non vet.

Amberplasm is so good that blue jewels are allright. You can craft s/b.

Armor with farming non vet is not so painfull, specially as you can kill the first boss on your own ...
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    64 mag. Dark elf 5/1/1 duh

Sets: 5 impreg. 5 alt mastery. 2 bloodspawn. DW front bar, S/b back.

Traits: Sturdy on armour+shield, Infused on backbar weapon. Sharp on DW.

Glyphs: Tri stat on big, mag on small and shield. Oblivion on s/b, weapon damage and crusher on front. Jewlery is 2xsp and 1x reduce mag cost.

Purpose: This build is a heavily block based, with sturdy, and alt mastery all reducing the cost. Due to DKs inbuilt stam management, I can block permanently on my offbar. My mainbar is DW as the damage it provides is really nice, and allows me to run no damage sets to maximise tankiness.

Why not skoria? Skoria in my eyes is too unpredictable has a proc chance with dots that can be purged and It might proc on the wrong target with talons. Too many outside factors. Bloodspawn however has no such error intervals. It adds a small amount of tankiness, but the extra ulti means more sustain and more damage. The stam recovery sux tho. Really should be something else.

MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options