The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Mag DK PvP Builds and Discussion

• HereForMorale
    I'm thinking I'm gonna try 2 Skoria 5 Burning Spellweave and 5 Shacklebreaker. With that set up I'm gonna probably drop the tri stat food and will still probably sit at about 16k stam which is exactly where I want to be. I can also run more damage with that set up since I'll have more sustain from changing the food to Witch Mothers. Since I'll be dropping Seducer I'll run a reduce cost glyph on jewelry to make up for the cost reduction. Let me know what you guys think or some suggestions.
    Options
  • SnowTheMadDog
    SnowTheMadDog
    ✭✭✭
    U dont need the dmg from BSW. U'll lack sustain trust me. And the biggest stam pool the better. Go for 5 shackle 5 desert rose/lich/syrabane (proc regen is better on dk then classic regen) . With ur setup u will struggle against other DK and templars.
    Appolÿon - mDK
    Appollÿon - mTemplar
    Options
  • HereForMorale
    U dont need the dmg from BSW. U'll lack sustain trust me. And the biggest stam pool the better. Go for 5 shackle 5 desert rose/lich/syrabane (proc regen is better on dk then classic regen) . With ur setup u will struggle against other DK and templars.

I've been running 5 Seducer 5 BSW so far this patch and have almost no sustain issues. Trust me when I say running 2 sustain sets on a Mag DK is stupid. If I ever want to run a class with massive sustain and zero damage output I'll give your build a try.
    Options
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro/S&SH - 5 Sun/5 Wizards Riposte (Back Bar)/Blood Spawn/Mael Sharp Inferno

Really wana go destro/resto but cheap Sun sharp infernos are non-existant.
    Edited by Moglijuana on June 28, 2017 6:06PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
    Options
  • SnowTheMadDog
    SnowTheMadDog
    ✭✭✭
    zero dmg output? ur dmg comes from ur rotation of constant dot and whip and debuff And droping seducer for shackle mean u dont have any regen whatsoever, and brew is not worth it over the stam given from tristat food. I can guarantee u that if u get caught against a dk runing 5 impreg/5 deser rose (or lich syrabane etc) or 5 shackle/5 desert...u dont stand a chance. Dk rely on sustain dmg, not burst (come on, u cant whip burst anyone except newbie nightblades) . Just watch or play against some of the top dks around (Belethorn for exemple), they have what....around 1500-1800 spell dmg and they still manage to be the top 1 dmg wise in BG, u know why? Coz they stay alive, have strong defensive and sustain setup, and constantly deal dmg, permablock and use their rotation wisely. I played a quick BG yesterday with Blobs , and with a setup where i sit to 1500 spellpower i was first in killscore / dmg with 1.1M dmg.

But go ahead mate, do what u think is good, it's only theorycrafting anyway ;)
    Appolÿon - mDK
    Appollÿon - mTemplar
    Options
  • HereForMorale
    zero dmg output? ur dmg comes from ur rotation of constant dot and whip and debuff And droping seducer for shackle mean u dont have any regen whatsoever, and brew is not worth it over the stam given from tristat food. I can guarantee u that if u get caught against a dk runing 5 impreg/5 deser rose (or lich syrabane etc) or 5 shackle/5 desert...u dont stand a chance. Dk rely on sustain dmg, not burst (come on, u cant whip burst anyone except newbie nightblades) . Just watch or play against some of the top dks around (Belethorn for exemple), they have what....around 1500-1800 spell dmg and they still manage to be the top 1 dmg wise in BG, u know why? Coz they stay alive, have strong defensive and sustain setup, and constantly deal dmg, permablock and use their rotation wisely. I played a quick BG yesterday with Blobs , and with a setup where i sit to 1500 spellpower i was first in killscore / dmg with 1.1M dmg.

But go ahead mate, do what u think is good, it's only theorycrafting anyway ;)

See out sustaining your opponent and having fights that drag on forever is boring. I have done many different set ups on my DK and find 16k stam to be that sweet spot without sacrificing anything else. I feel I can drop Seducer pick up Shacklebreaker and switch foods and keep that same stamina pool and gain a bit extra damage without losing the sustainability of Seducer. You are right it is theorycrafting and as we speak I'm crafting my shacklebreaker to test this all out. I will certainly keep this thread updated.
    Options
  • wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭
    Varens legacy set has a 10% chance when u block to cause your next direct aoe dmg do an additional 3300 dmg. Direct aoe dmg on mag dk are leap, talons,engulfing flames, eruption, deep breath, meteor and maybe fragmented shield and other morph of fosilize...whats it called?...
    Anyway... This set has no cooldown and when it procs u get 5 sec buff called Varens wall.
    For example: Varens wall adds 3300 dmg to your Ferocious Leap which can be empowered with might if the guild or empowering chains. The dmg is insane.

Deep breath heals based on dmg done. Varens wall will cause the inhale part to hit aprox 4k per target which will heal you adequately. The more targets the better.

Burning talons will consume Varens wall buff as well and will hit for 8.5k crit dmg those enemies like unbuffed and unshielded sorcs and glass cannon stamblades. Normally dmg averages around 4k non crit. 5.5k crits.

I have not tested fragmented shield nor eruption but someone should! Eruption deals unblockable direct aoe dmg.

My setup is 5x desert rose 5 varens light sturdy and 2 pirate skelly. 2x spell dmg glyph. 1x reduce cost of magicka spells glyph.
    Options
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    wrapped wrote: »
    Varens legacy set has a 10% chance when u block to cause your next direct aoe dmg do an additional 3300 dmg. Direct aoe dmg on mag dk are leap, talons,engulfing flames, eruption, deep breath, meteor and maybe fragmented shield and other morph of fosilize...whats it called?...
    Anyway... This set has no cooldown and when it procs u get 5 sec buff called Varens wall.

Mind blown!!
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    oha that sounds interesting

did u do some testing with varens legacy?
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
    Options
  • SnowTheMadDog
    SnowTheMadDog
    ✭✭✭

My setup is 5x desert rose 5 varens light sturdy and 2 pirate skelly. 2x spell dmg glyph. 1x reduce cost of magicka spells glyph.

5 light in sturdy and no impen? Oo
    Appolÿon - mDK
    Appollÿon - mTemplar
    Options
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    @wrapped varens doesn't have a cool down?
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
    Options
  • wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭

5 light in sturdy and no impen? Oo

1.7k impen from 1 piece and CP
    Options
  • wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭
    IxskullzxI wrote: »
    @wrapped varens doesn't have a cool down?

No cd
    Options
  • SnowTheMadDog
    SnowTheMadDog
    ✭✭✭
    ah ok, tought we were talkin about non cp stuff ^^
    Appolÿon - mDK
    Appollÿon - mTemplar
    Options
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shacklebreaker + Desert Rose + Valkyn

In CYRODIIL (WITHOUT BUFFS)
    26,900 HP FRONTBAR / 28,600 HP BACKBAR
    41,700 MP (3 TRI-STAT ENTCHANTMENTS)
    18,300 STAMINA

- You are able to permanently holding block in 1v1 Situations and 1vX for a longer time as usual.
    - 1x Magica Costreduction Glyph(fix)
    - 1x Magica Recovery Glyph (fix)
    -1x Costblockreduction for CP or 1x Magica Recovery for Non CP or 1x Spelldamage for Cp (1v1)

6-1 best Setup
    5-2 second Best
    5-1-1 3rd best

@Sheey @Sheyaa ingame for any advice using this build.

https://youtu.be/qaMI_dupvIg
    Edited by Sheey on June 29, 2017 11:29AM
    Options
  • SnowTheMadDog
    SnowTheMadDog
    ✭✭✭
    How do u manage to get 41k magicka? i have the exact same setup but i'm far from that Oo
    Appolÿon - mDK
    Appollÿon - mTemplar
    Options
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because I run everything in golden.

- All armor magica glyphs gold (incl. 3 tristat)
    - Every Equipment Piece golden out.
    - Inner Light Front Bar (Video)
    Options
  • SnowTheMadDog
    SnowTheMadDog
    ✭✭✭
    ah yeah , me too, but u are in cp right?
    Appolÿon - mDK
    Appollÿon - mTemplar
    Options
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Options
  • wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    oha that sounds interesting

did u do some testing with varens legacy?

https://youtu.be/nXu6hfr51cA
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hear most people run Dark Elf on their mag dk. I ran a dark elf for a while there but I switched to high elf. I think high elf is a much better choice for DK. Yes you lose like 3% fire damage and about 1.5k stam and that fire resistance but you gain 9% recovery you get 10% max mag and you still get a buff to your flame damage up to 4%. High elf is just a far better choice imo.

How do you gap close?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Some other thoughts:
    1. Valkyn, BS, and Groth are all really good monster sets for mDK. I think Slimecraw will slightly underperform.
    2. "Standard" setups: Seducer + BSW, or Seducer + Rattle. Both have advantages. I favor the Rattle setup because I like the extra skill slot.
    3. Setups which I plan to test: Seducer + Spinner, Rattle + Spinner.
    4. Setups I would like to test but probably won't because F** RNG: Rattle + BSW.
    5. Syrabane is amazing.
    6. Can someone comment on 5LA mDK in the current meta?

5LA mDK is great =). I have a build set up below.

I know I say 6 impen. Forgot my infused helm lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X5tdKA7c5g

I'm considerin going LA and shields, but IDK how I'm gonna look with LA and a 2H sword XD
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Some other thoughts:
    1. Valkyn, BS, and Groth are all really good monster sets for mDK. I think Slimecraw will slightly underperform.
    2. "Standard" setups: Seducer + BSW, or Seducer + Rattle. Both have advantages. I favor the Rattle setup because I like the extra skill slot.
    3. Setups which I plan to test: Seducer + Spinner, Rattle + Spinner.
    4. Setups I would like to test but probably won't because F** RNG: Rattle + BSW.
    5. Syrabane is amazing.
    6. Can someone comment on 5LA mDK in the current meta?

5LA mDK is great =). I have a build set up below.

I know I say 6 impen. Forgot my infused helm lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X5tdKA7c5g

I'm considerin going LA and shields, but IDK how I'm gonna look with LA and a 2H sword XD

Light armor is so OP imo. I can out dmg any heavy armor wearing MDK by a mile and with Harness it gives me the protection (and resource return) from all their flame attacks. That build is a bit outdated though. It still works but you probably need 3 recovery glyphs or 2 recovery + reduced cost. I've since switched the BSW set to Riposte and now use a destro staff on front bar. It's been a blast!...you know, when ESO actually works correctly =/
    Edited by Moglijuana on June 30, 2017 7:08PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
    Options
  • HereForMorale
    Xvorg wrote: »
    I hear most people run Dark Elf on their mag dk. I ran a dark elf for a while there but I switched to high elf. I think high elf is a much better choice for DK. Yes you lose like 3% fire damage and about 1.5k stam and that fire resistance but you gain 9% recovery you get 10% max mag and you still get a buff to your flame damage up to 4%. High elf is just a far better choice imo.

How do you gap close?

What system do you play on?
    Options
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been running 5 wizard reposted 5 trans and 2 skoria for battlegrounds. Loving this setup.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
    Options
  • HereForMorale
    So for the Morrowind patch I'm still running 5 Heavy 2 Light, Seducer (Sword and Shield and 3 Body pieces) and BSW (Jewelry and 2 body pieces). Obviously Sword and Shield on both bars and I have leaned more towards Skoria for even more damage. Blood Spawn is a very close second though. I have tons of damage a lot of people don't expect when they see a Mag DK bellowing towards them. My sustain is good and is getting better. I'm going to swap BSW for sun though soon and should be producing even more damage. Will keep you updated.
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheey wrote: »
    Shacklebreaker + Desert Rose + Valkyn

In CYRODIIL (WITHOUT BUFFS)
    26,900 HP FRONTBAR / 28,600 HP BACKBAR
    41,700 MP (3 TRI-STAT ENTCHANTMENTS)
    18,300 STAMINA

- You are able to permanently holding block in 1v1 Situations and 1vX for a longer time as usual.
    - 1x Magica Costreduction Glyph(fix)
    - 1x Magica Recovery Glyph (fix)
    -1x Costblockreduction for CP or 1x Magica Recovery for Non CP or 1x Spelldamage for Cp (1v1)

6-1 best Setup
    5-2 second Best
    5-1-1 3rd best

@Sheey @Sheyaa ingame for any advice using this build.

https://youtu.be/qaMI_dupvIg

Wouldn't BSW be better instead of shackle? 1400 spell damage unbuffed seems a bit low. I'm not trying to criticize but I'm wondering how that works out for you in small scale fights.
    Options
  • SnowTheMadDog
    SnowTheMadDog
    ✭✭✭
    goin bsw means goin light armor...and dk doesn't need a lot of spell dmg to do dmg ;) that's the first thing to understand when playing dk in pvp
    Appolÿon - mDK
    Appollÿon - mTemplar
    Options
  • HereForMorale
    goin bsw means goin light armor...and dk doesn't need a lot of spell dmg to do dmg ;) that's the first thing to understand when playing dk in pvp

You don't have to go light armor to run BSW. I run 5 Heavy 2 Light with Seducer and BSW. BSW Jewelry and then two body pieces. Also, running a DK build that is low spell damage and made to sustain and tank all day is boring. If I want to go into a 1v1 fight and have it last 15 minutes while me and the other guy try to out sustain each other, I'll go ahead and try out a dumb and boring sustain build.
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still dont know how to regen magika if i get resource poisoned running SnB. Hopefully they see this and add some kind of heavy armor magika recovery boost, like replace the health recov. passive with %magika per heavy equip. Reason i say this is if your rockin a sustain set you probably cant kill anyone competent to top tier, not to mention Xv1.

Did have some fun running Kags/sun 1 Kena destro/resto. 1v1 fights are skillful and require actual back and forth timed attack and defence. Not gunna tell the entire build but Thief mundus and a Crit modifying ability make it hit hard.

Downside is its difficult to D up against the double NB gank the tryhards use constantly. Worth putting up with that for the fun 1v1 fights imo.
    Options