Off the top of my head about-
    1.4k Mag Recov
    36k max mag
    17k stam
    28k health
    Buffed spell damage 3.7k
    Crit buffed about 46%
    Resistance are about 24k physical 28k spell

I would try this setup if I can get heavy skoria .
    Options
  • HereForMorale
    Carelxss wrote: »
    FRONT BAR-
    Fossilize
    Engulfing Flames
    Burning Embers
    Burning Talons
    Flame Lash
    Ulti- Ferocious Leap

BACK BAR-
    Structured Entropy
    Elusive Mist/ Flames of Oblivion
    Coagulating Blood
    Volatile Armor
    Igneous Shield
    Ulti- Shooting Star

5 Seducer-
    S&B front and back bar
    Chest
    Belt
    Legs
    5 Burning Spellweave-
    Gloves
    Boots
    Necklace
    Ring
    Ring
    Valkyn Skoria-
    Head
    Shoulder

This is 5 heavy 2 light

All impen besides shield which is reinforced
    Can throw in some Sturdy pieces

Sharpened Sword FB
    Defending Sword BB

Tri Stat glyphs on all armor
    Health glyph on back bar shield
    Spell damage enchants on swords

Jewlery-
    1 recovery glyph
    2 spell damage

Tri Stat food
    Thief mundus
    VAMPIRE!

90 magician
    55 arcanist
    20 tumbling
    35 shadow ward
    10 blessed
    20 elfborn
    90 elemental expert
    53 spell erosion
    27 thaumaturge
    35 resistant
    70 hardy
    70 elemental defender
    15 thick skinned
    10 quick recovery

What are your stats sitting at?

1.4k Mag Recov
    36k max mag
    17k stam
    28k health
    Buffed spell damage 3.7k
    Crit buffed about 46%

Yeah I have a reinforced Skoria shoulder unfortunately. Still working on getting sturdy or impen.
    Options
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    FRONT BAR-
    Fossilize
    Engulfing Flames
    Burning Embers
    Burning Talons
    Flame Lash
    Ulti- Ferocious Leap

BACK BAR-
    Structured Entropy
    Elusive Mist/ Flames of Oblivion
    Coagulating Blood
    Volatile Armor
    Igneous Shield
    Ulti- Shooting Star

5 Seducer-
    S&B front and back bar
    Chest
    Belt
    Legs
    5 Burning Spellweave-
    Gloves
    Boots
    Necklace
    Ring
    Ring
    Valkyn Skoria-
    Head
    Shoulder

This is 5 heavy 2 light

All impen besides shield which is reinforced
    Can throw in some Sturdy pieces

Sharpened Sword FB
    Defending Sword BB

Tri Stat glyphs on all armor
    Health glyph on back bar shield
    Spell damage enchants on swords

Jewlery-
    1 recovery glyph
    2 spell damage

Tri Stat food
    Thief mundus
    VAMPIRE!

90 magician
    55 arcanist
    20 tumbling
    35 shadow ward
    10 blessed
    20 elfborn
    90 elemental expert
    53 spell erosion
    27 thaumaturge
    35 resistant
    70 hardy
    70 elemental defender
    15 thick skinned
    10 quick recovery

What are your stats sitting at?

1.4k Mag Recov
    36k max mag
    17k stam
    28k health
    Buffed spell damage 3.7k
    Crit buffed about 46%

Yeah I have a reinforced Skoria shoulder unfortunately. Still working on getting sturdy or impen.

I'm also trying to find sturdy black Rose. Out of all the vendors in tamriel I only got one piece. Most of my monster sets are garbage traits rng hates me.
    Options
  • Carelxss
    Carelxss
    What do you guys think of 5 bsw, 5 twiceborn star, 2 BS running the thief and the mage compared to 5 black rose and 5 bsw
    Options
  • HereForMorale
    What do you guys think of 5 bsw, 5 twiceborn star, 2 BS running the thief and the mage compared to 5 black rose and 5 bsw

I know for TBS it's better to run it with all divines which is why it is widely used in PvE. Not sure it would perform as good in PvP but it's something worth testing I suppose. I think you would be better off with Black Rose instead of TBS.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am running 5 pc BSW, 5pc Blackrose, and 2pc Slimecraw

If my opponent isn't getting out of my range or doesn't have defensive buffs up they get melted into a pool of ooze.

I also ran something similar to this during no cp week. MagDK is a mighty fine class. I really hope to learn 2 play it more.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 17, 2017 5:21PM
    Options
  • Carelxss
    Carelxss

If my opponent isn't getting out of my range or doesn't have defensive buffs up they get melted into a pool of ooze.

I also ran something similar to this during no cp week. MagDK is a mighty fine class. I really hope to learn 2 play it more.

what are your stats and how is your sustain?
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That build is gonna sit around 1100-1200 mag recovery(more with jewelry glyphs) + Black Rose bonuses. Probably ~3500 spell damage fully buffed, 35k+ magika and 16k stam. Should be all the sustain you need and tons of damage.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

That build is gonna sit around 1100-1200 mag recovery(more with jewelry glyphs) + Black Rose bonuses. Probably ~3500 spell damage fully buffed, 35k+ magika and 16k stam. Should be all the sustain you need and tons of damage.

Pretty much what Lexxypwns said. I have 2 recovery/1 reduce cost on jewelry. I farmed a 1h sharp weap/shield, and have my jewelry specifically just for this toon, since I use the same set, but different pieces on my MagSorc. Cause it would suck a lot to have to keep 2 rings and flip them for spell damage on another toon.

The S+B bar has all fire damage abilities, with Ferocious Leap(can be swapped with Shooting Star). Resto BSW on back bar with buffs, etc. The proc goes off quite often, and Slimecraw 8% minor berserk is active at all times so everything he puts damage to hurts.

I was with a guy the other day who also runs a Fire Staff build with more fire AoE. I would run Engulfing for him. I would run infront of the party taking damage and Engulfing then he would come up from behind me and nuke with EoTS + Vicious Death.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 17, 2017 9:05PM
    Options
  • HereForMorale

What pieces are what's sets for your gear?
    Options
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    So i I have been running blackrose Blackrose and bloodthorn/Syrabane but find the damage way to low. I have like infinite stamina but have a hard time killing stuff quick unless they are just low Cp. Basically have to time skoria and leap.

I would like to change to burning spellweave but I cannot find a shield after countless runs not to mention a sharpened sword. So I was wondering how good would the Sun set be compared to it? OR maybe even spinners to try? Just need more damage.
    Options
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    So i I have been running blackrose Blackrose and bloodthorn/Syrabane but find the damage way to low. I have like infinite stamina but have a hard time killing stuff quick unless they are just low Cp. Basically have to time skoria and leap.

I would like to change to burning spellweave but I cannot find a shield after countless runs not to mention a sharpened sword. So I was wondering how good would the Sun set be compared to it? OR maybe even spinners to try? Just need more damage.

Assuming a uptime of 66% on bsw it outperforms sun in overall dmg output. Especially since major sorcery buffs it. However, it does have a downtime and requires you to not go 100% defensive. Need them dots up to proc it...

BSW will allow for bigger burst if you can time it. Sun will allow lower burst but more constant pressure. Tbh I tested both and bsw is better. But not by so much that an experienced player can't use sun and make it work...
    Options
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A problem I see with BSW is that any dot running will have to be reapplied to get the damage buff from bsw when it procs. That will waste mana and gcds. With sun or spinners dots will always get boosted by sets so no need to reapply them.
    Whats your opinions of skoria vs slimecraw?
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What pieces are what's sets for your gear?

For BSW

1hand Axe Sharp, with 350 spell damage for 5 sec. enchant
    Shield, Reinforced, magic enchant
    Resto Staff, powered, enchant does magic damage and you get more magic
    2 Rings with recovery, 1 Neck reduce cost

Black Rose, all impen

Feet, health enchant
    Legs, magic enchant
    Body, magic enchant
    Arms, health enchant
    Belt, magic enchant

SlimeCraw

Head - impen, light, magic enchant
    Shoulder - divines, light, megic enchant

Mundus I get 1,800 magic recovery with Atro mundus and 35,000 max magic with Mage mundus. I run Witchmother Potent brew for the extra 400 magic recovery(to get the 1,800 w/ Atro mundus), but I could also run tri-purple food for 4,000 more stamina.

There is a lot a MagDK can do with getting BSW to proc, since BSW is 4/5 pieces on Resto staff-- if say for example I did Engulfing Flames or Burning Talons on my Resto bar

Swapped to S+B

BSW can proc on the next DoT Flame tic on the target.

Last night I ran with a group of folks and the crown was mentioning how good Standard was for Negate. I told him I could slot it for him so we can try that out.

BSW would proc when the Standard was put down inside of a mob of people, our group mates would use the chains synergy to keep them there. His Negate + my BSW and other peoples damage combined would melt anything coming into contact with the standard. It's not a one shot like some gank builds can do, but in the right conditions, it can destroy squishly characters and put a very large dent into tanks. For this reason, I would swap out Fossilize for Burning Talons, if they or new people entered into the Standard+Negate combo, I would need to keep them rooted there.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 20, 2017 1:49PM
    Options
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is Engine Guardian as a sustain set for mDK? I've never tried it in PvP and was curious to how it performs, if someone with experience could shed some light on it.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »

Assuming a uptime of 66% on bsw it outperforms sun in overall dmg output. Especially since major sorcery buffs it. However, it does have a downtime and requires you to not go 100% defensive. Need them dots up to proc it...

BSW will allow for bigger burst if you can time it. Sun will allow lower burst but more constant pressure. Tbh I tested both and bsw is better. But not by so much that an experienced player can't use sun and make it work...

BSW drastically outperforms sun for purposes of healing though. Even though Sun will actually give you higher consistent damage than BSW in pvp your heals won't be affected by it so you either wear another damage set or your heals are bad. This is why Sun has fallen out of favor this patch, now that there's a reliable class heal that scales on spell damage AND can crit the mDK has to assign a certain value to those things. Imo, the value of increased healing and the fact that you can run it in heavy makes julianos a much more appealing set to me than sun. But that's just the way I look at things when I'm working on a build.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is Engine Guardian as a sustain set for mDK? I've never tried it in PvP and was curious to how it performs, if someone with experience could shed some light on it.

EG is great on paper. I didn't like the results I had, there's a 33% chance of the proc being useless.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EG is great on paper. I didn't like the results I had, there's a 33% chance of the proc being useless.

This is pretty much the same conclusion I came to as well. I really like this set, on pen and paper, but when it's out and about it's lack luster really shines a lot.

Like, when one steps back and takes a look at EG, you're playing with fire. The bad kind of fire. You'd be putting RNG on chances to get your resources back when it decides to go off. When I go into building a character-- espeically a MagDK whose resources I need to pay attention to, I need consistency. I do not like RNG telling me what I can and can't have back. That's just a recipe for disaster.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 20, 2017 5:08PM
    Options
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is grothdar fairing these days is it still viable to run? Wouldn't seem like on paper to be very good.
    Options
  • HereForMorale
    How is grothdar fairing these days is it still viable to run? Wouldn't seem like on paper to be very good.

Not bad. Still best in slot for AoE damage. At least for mag dks.
    Options
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭

BSW drastically outperforms sun for purposes of healing though. Even though Sun will actually give you higher consistent damage than BSW in pvp your heals won't be affected by it so you either wear another damage set or your heals are bad. This is why Sun has fallen out of favor this patch, now that there's a reliable class heal that scales on spell damage AND can crit the mDK has to assign a certain value to those things. Imo, the value of increased healing and the fact that you can run it in heavy makes julianos a much more appealing set to me than sun. But that's just the way I look at things when I'm working on a build.

I did not consider that. But I usually heal a lot through inhale/burning embers/power lash. All of which scale with sun. Cdb is a last resort. Still, very good point which I had not considered. I dont run either bsw or sun though.
    Options
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭

It is if you play for it. I always run bloodspawn on stam and magDK. But usually a mDK will pressure people instead of burst. Embers/engulfing/reactive/talons/inhale and flame lash all stacked ontop of eachother. Add bats (or standard/dragon leap?) and grothdar and you are melting people.

Bloodspawn just offers the holy trinity in my eyes. Dmg, sustain and defense. Too good not to use. Grothdar only offers dmg.
    Options
  • Voryn_Dagoth
    Voryn_Dagoth
    ✭✭
    We have two identical discussions about MagDK in PvP, together with this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318801/homestead-magika-dk-pvp-build-discussion

Can a mod maybe merge these two?
    Edited by Voryn_Dagoth on March 21, 2017 5:34PM
    Options
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

It is if you play for it. I always run bloodspawn on stam and magDK. But usually a mDK will pressure people instead of burst. Embers/engulfing/reactive/talons/inhale and flame lash all stacked ontop of eachother. Add bats (or standard/dragon leap?) and grothdar and you are melting people.

Bloodspawn just offers the holy trinity in my eyes. Dmg, sustain and defense. Too good not to use. Grothdar only offers dmg.

I really like skoria. I just can't seem to get a heavy shoulder.
    Options
  • HereForMorale
    We have two identical discussions about MagDK in PvP, together with this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318801/homestead-magika-dk-pvp-build-discussion

Can a mod maybe merge this two?

Meh.
    Edited by HereForMorale on March 21, 2017 1:23PM
    Options
  • HereForMorale
    So what's everyone running for the Morrowind patch on their mag DKs?
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Two builds depends

I like impregnable in sturdy sword and shield rings neck silks of the sun with bloodspawn and reduce cost glyphs on rings and neck

Also impregnable with desert rose and skoria is fun for BG stuff
    Options
  • HereForMorale

Two builds depends

I like impregnable in sturdy sword and shield rings neck silks of the sun with bloodspawn and reduce cost glyphs on rings and neck

Also impregnable with desert rose and skoria is fun for BG stuff

Sounds like that'd be pretty tanky.
    Options