Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread PART 3

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know there was a report button....
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Magus wrote: »
    I'm beginning to play in Azura's more.

Some thoughts: The NPCs are stronger than 99% of the players on this campaign and siege is overtuned. Siege and NPCs are not PVP. I can build around no CP, no issues but those two aforementioned issues annoy me.

Don't Xv1 someone and teabag them unless you are willing to 1v1 said person. Teabags are reserved for guildmates who die before they get a rez.

The thing a lot of people can't seem to get is that failure to 1vX = getting Xv1'd. People that try and pull people out of a siege or around a tree and get all bent out of shape when the wrong combination of X show up and cry "Xv1 horribleness" turn all of these "1vX-ers" into boys who cry zerg.

And there is a lot of that lately in all of Cyro.

While I agree with you, how do you justify chasing a solo player halfway from roe to brindle? I have seen TM do this many times and I just don't see any logical reason for it unless you get enjoyment out of it.

Any number of reasons. Boredom because azura's isn't always action packed. Because you were picking off group members in the back line. If you are spared, you will come back and mess with the back line again - often with more numbers and become even more of a nuisance (in general, not you specifically). Because eternal hunt nightblades are an infinitely irritating playstyle to fight (now you specifically :) ). If I find myself leading a TM group any time soon, I will tell them to let solo yolos run free - unless it becomes to the point where you mess with the backline too much and become an annoyance or it is specific individuals with bad blood. If I have to go rez anyone that chased a 1vX build with a group build and got themselves 1vX'd, I will be infinitely annoyed with that group member as well for wasting my time to have to go save them. TM groups are usually pretty easy to avoid because obvious farms are obvious. However, again if I am leading, which won't be likely or often, I would push objectives a bit because farming is kind of dull to me.

I think I might end up liking you.

You say that now until you call me a zergling baddie :). It's a never-ending story, as old as time. I'll at least accept the 1v1 offer that follows the rage tell, never have turned one down before. Sometimes have to raincheck because not going to go leave raid to go duel a tryhard while there is an important objective to defend/take lol.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    It's a little sensitive don't you think? But we live in a world where everyone is offended by something, oh well. I could never get upset over what someone on a forums calls me or thinks of me
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Rank 17 Eightt: CP160 StamBlade
    Rank 15 Sixthh: CP 160 StamSorc
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some thoughts: The NPCs are stronger than 99% of the players on this campaign and siege is overtuned. Siege and NPCs are not PVP. I can build around no CP, no issues but those two aforementioned issues annoy me.

Don't Xv1 someone and teabag them unless you are willing to 1v1 said person. Teabags are reserved for guildmates who die before they get a rez.

The thing a lot of people can't seem to get is that failure to 1vX = getting Xv1'd. People that try and pull people out of a siege or around a tree and get all bent out of shape when the wrong combination of X show up and cry "Xv1 horribleness" turn all of these "1vX-ers" into boys who cry zerg.

While I agree with you, how do you justify chasing a solo player halfway from roe to brindle? I have seen TM do this many times and I just don't see any logical reason for it unless you get enjoyment out of it.

Any number of reasons. Boredom because azura's isn't always action packed. Because you were picking off group members in the back line. If you are spared, you will come back and mess with the back line again - often with more numbers and become even more of a nuisance (in general, not you specifically). Because eternal hunt nightblades are an infinitely irritating playstyle to fight (now you specifically :) ). If I find myself leading a TM group any time soon, I will tell them to let solo yolos run free - unless it becomes to the point where you mess with the backline too much and become an annoyance or it is specific individuals with bad blood. If I have to go rez anyone that chased a 1vX build with a group build and got themselves 1vX'd, I will be infinitely annoyed with that group member as well for wasting my time to have to go save them. TM groups are usually pretty easy to avoid because obvious farms are obvious. However, again if I am leading, which won't be likely or often, I would push objectives a bit because farming is kind of dull to me.

I was actually talking about when I play my sorc. There have been times when people have mounted to chase me while streaking and same with others in my group (@CyrusArya). I purposely fight TM and have no problem dying to them but when I am just fighting random ad and a TM group chases me for miles I just can't see the point unless it's fun for them.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was actually talking about when I play my sorc. There have been times when people have mounted to chase me while streaking and same with others in my group (@CyrusArya). I purposely fight TM and have no problem dying to them but when I am just fighting random ad and a TM group chases me for miles I just can't see the point unless it's fun for them.

Cyrus is my boy, saw a little group the other day on a resource. I didn't chase but one of the stamsorcs kept attacking me so I killed him twice. It's possible, it's retaliation for hate whispers / salt farming as well. Left that reason out but like I said, I'm not going to chase most of the time. More AP and fun else attacking larger groups, so I get it. And like you just said, you attack TM groups they will fight back and you know you will likely lose because they have more numbers but it will be a good fight most of the time.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If certain people followed your wise words, TM wouldn't have the reputation it does. These bad apples tar an otherwise really chill bunch of people. I'm still waiting on that duel Micah.

I don't have a problem with zerging, or destroying solo players that engage larger groups, or even chasing 1-2 people spamming encase and destro ults. Some zergers are thirsty, I get that.

What I have a problem with is thirsty zergers who run for dear life when caught in a fair fight. Something TM is chock full of. You can literally see the fear and desperation in their movements. Its like the only fights they seek are ones they know they can win with overwhelming odds, and that is a pathetic mentality. All I'm saying is, there isn't a single respectable 'major' pvp guild that has this mentality. Members of such outfits as Haxus, Invictus, or Vehemence or what have you also zerg hard, but I have never seen their members to run from a fight on fair or even overwhelming odds when caught outside of a raid. For this reason people respect those guilds- cus they have respectable players. TM is more in league with guild like DIG. But what does my opinion matter, I'm just some pug.

I will say though, Vujk has my respect. Man is fearless. Only person in TM I like other than you Maoh.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You say that now until you call me a zergling baddie :). It's a never-ending story, as old as time. I'll at least accept the 1v1 offer that follows the rage tell, never have turned one down before. Sometimes have to raincheck because not going to go leave raid to go duel a tryhard while there is an important objective to defend/take lol.

Ohohoho, tough talk. I like it! Well then, let's get this over with. You can duel me before I even get a chance to rage at you!
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

If certain people followed your wise words, TM wouldn't have the reputation it does. These bad apples tar an otherwise really chill bunch of people. I'm still waiting on that duel Micah.

I don't have a problem with zerging, or destroying solo players that engage larger groups, or even chasing 1-2 people spamming encase and destro ults. Some zergers are thirsty, I get that.

What I have a problem with is thirsty zergers who run for dear life when caught in a fair fight. Something TM is chock full of. You can literally see the fear and desperation in their movements. Its like the only fights they seek are ones they know they can win with overwhelming odds, and that is a pathetic mentality. All I'm saying is, there isn't a single respectable 'major' pvp guild that has this mentality. Members of such outfits as Haxus, Invictus, or Vehemence or what have you also zerg hard, but I have never seen their members to run from a fight on fair or even overwhelming odds when caught outside of a raid. For this reason people respect those guilds- cus they have respectable players. TM is more in league with guild like DIG. But what does my opinion matter, I'm just some pug.

I will say though, Vujk has my respect. Man is fearless. Only person in TM I like other than you Maoh.

I would like this post a thousand times if I could.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, the biggest issue and my biggest gripe with these "organized" guilds is that almost always rely on numbers and if they don't it's always just pressing Ults at the same time at pugs that aren't expecting it, they always use the "can't duel I'm in a group" excuse to avoid doing such things. I'd say about 90% of TM players on AD I remember getting heavily chased down by and Xv1'ed on my Templar and going through 2-3 Ults before killing me in a group, and are never found more than a couple meters away from the naturally forming zergs.
    The only people I know that actually have the guts to duel or fight against insane odds or try and solo (In TM) are Vujk and Night squirrel, can't say the same for anyone else though. It's not just TM though like you said, it's most of the big names for guilds in PvP. For them it's not about skill it's just about winning and having fun by whatever means necessary. So the cowardly playstyle tends to be just a part of the guilds amongst most of the players because let's be real. You don't run in a group of friends half sober in a teamspeak with 10-15 people.to learn game mechanics and make interesting plays, you're there for laughs, jokes, etc, while pressing the same 2 buttons over and over while getting carried by everybody else due to zerg surfing, it's just meant to be easy and fun, and that's fine.
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    You know lll duel you any day win or lose, but you gotta Zerg to win a campaign and get that sweet sweet ap
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixth wrote: »
    You know lll duel you any day win or lose, but you gotta Zerg to win a campaign and get that sweet sweet ap

You don't need to zerg to make AP. To win campaigns? Sure, but nobody has cared which factions wins a campaign for ages and people still won't care in the future. However you choose to zerg to make your AP because you have no other option, I've made at least 75k AP in under an hour solo / small group depending on population of the campaign. Zerging is and always will be for the newer players that need groups to get by because they don't understand the game well enough, and that's perfectly okay.
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Sixth wrote: »

You don't need to zerg to make AP. To win campaigns? Sure, but nobody has cared which factions wins a campaign for ages and people still won't care in the future. However you choose to zerg to make your AP because you have no other option, I've made at least 75k AP in under an hour solo / small group depending on population of the campaign. Zerging is and always will be for the newer players that need groups to get by because they don't understand the game well enough, and that's perfectly okay.
    I'm trying out solo play but it can be really slow. My only stam toon is my nightblade and it can be hard to do anything but gank with it. I did make my stamtemplar for solo play too because I never played a Templar. So if you see a Templar named 'Little drummer boy' it's me and it's named after my friend boozdog :)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• donJay
    donJay
    ✭✭✭
    I bash TM because their skill doesn't match their ranks. But it seems like they already know that so I'll cut it out. Once you admit it, you earn my respect. Can't say the same about LoGD though.
    ANIMOSITY BEST GUILD NA + EU
    Former Los Pepes
    Former Nemesìs
    Former Dynamic
    Former Nexus

EP | Magplar l Argonian l don-Jay
    DC | Magden | High Elf | don-Bae

Magden Solo PvP Vid
  • Micah123
    Micah123
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

Perhaps instead of coming out of the gate in whispers to me salty as fack about how all of TM is the highest AR scrub zergling pugs in the game, I'd care what you think a little more. I literally didn't even know who you were or that you existed till those tells.

Tertiary Meat
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    donJay wrote: »
    I bash TM because their skill doesn't match their ranks. But it seems like they already know that so I'll cut it out. Once you admit it, you earn my respect. Can't say the same about LoGD though.

My highest AR rank is Tribune grade 2. But I do have 3 tribunes, a couple of colonels, majors, etc. Too many alts. I need account AR or else I'll never be a sweet vanity star master.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohohoho, tough talk. I like it! Well then, let's get this over with. You can duel me before I even get a chance to rage at you!

Okay :D
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    However, again if I am leading, which won't be likely or often, I would push objectives a bit because farming is kind of dull to me.

You spend an awful lot of time at Arrius resources if that's the case. I get it, I do -- you guys usually try not to run with the yellow zerg and there are only so many outposts. And sometimes I'm bored enough to go to your farm even though I know the likely outcome. But it's still sad commentary on the state of Cyrodiil.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    However, again if I am leading, which won't be likely or often, I would push objectives a bit because farming is kind of dull to me.

You spend an awful lot of time at Arrius resources if that's the case. I get it, I do -- you guys usually try not to run with the yellow zerg and there are only so many outposts. And sometimes I'm bored enough to go to your farm even though I know the likely outcome. But it's still sad commentary on the state of Cyrodiil.

No CP week just showed how gasping for air PVP is. Barely any population aside from Trueflame. No CP was great and also a shame because it's so empty now in comparison. But yeah, outposts and arrius/glade mines are usually. This is TM heresy but I find the outposts pretty boring because they can be avoided and you stay there with your thumbs up your butts waiting for people to come and then they trickle in 1 by 1 and you kill them 5v1, not very challenging or fun. Azura's star is just like a 50 man EP blob that runs around together, a 50 man DC blob that runs together, a 40 man AD blob that runs around together, a 10 man TM group off farming in prime time. Off hours is somebody trying to nightcap and when Fengrush logs on, holy hell hello 100 man DC zerg. In short, I wish it was still hopping like no-CP week.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I enjoyed how Double AP week really boosted the populations. It made PvP feel fresher having more people around to fight against. Some Trueflame folks say they might switch to Azura's but perhaps that won't happen until Trueflame's cycle ends.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

No CP week just showed how gasping for air PVP is. Barely any population aside from Trueflame. No CP was great and also a shame because it's so empty now in comparison. But yeah, outposts and arrius/glade mines are usually. This is TM heresy but I find the outposts pretty boring because they can be avoided and you stay there with your thumbs up your butts waiting for people to come and then they trickle in 1 by 1 and you kill them 5v1, not very challenging or fun. Azura's star is just like a 50 man EP blob that runs around together, a 50 man DC blob that runs together, a 40 man AD blob that runs around together, a 10 man TM group off farming in prime time. Off hours is somebody trying to nightcap and when Fengrush logs on, holy hell hello 100 man DC zerg. In short, I wish it was still hopping like no-CP week.

I intensely disliked no CP week because it was PvDoor for 12k AP and scared noob I-need-warhorn zerg week. It tapered off toward the end of the week, the noobs didn't stay, and I know some people that still haven't returned from their AP binge week.

EP zone chat in Azuras is less toxic by several orders of magnitude than Haderus, but Haderus (for all it's many warts) is still healthier and more fun than the faction blobbing in Azuras and the destro/negate ball groups in TrueLag.

I really hope ZOS hits a grand slam with battlegrounds. They might even spark more interest in PvP and inject some new blood into the campaigns.

P.S. You still owe me that 1v1. ;)
  • Lucasalex92
    Lucasalex92
    ✭✭✭
    EP gather your self people and make sure others won't be allowed to even take small keeps on their own territory and in IC !
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    EP gather your self people and make sure others won't be allowed to even take small keeps on their own territory and in IC !

I've read this several times, taking breaks in between. I've even made coffee and taken a fresh stab at it... and still haven't a clue what you said.

Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    The animosity between small scalers and guild premades is largely in part because they don't understand each other and caricature each other. I make it a point to solo, small man, and play in guild premades ("zerg") and I recommend everyone try. People on all aisles will be surprised that there are compelling and fun reasons to try every possible play style :)
  • Coldcell
    Coldcell
    Guys,

What time do EP usually come on? I try coming on 3 different times and LFG in the zone chat, but nobody is responding. I went ahead and did several delves, and still nobody from EP is doing stuff together.

Is the campaign full of guild-only groups? If so what are the pvp guilds for EP?
  • Micah123
    Micah123
    ✭✭✭
    Coldcell wrote: »
    Guys,

What time do EP usually come on? I try coming on 3 different times and LFG in the zone chat, but nobody is responding. I went ahead and did several delves, and still nobody from EP is doing stuff together.

Is the campaign full of guild-only groups? If so what are the pvp guilds for EP?

Add @Joshlenoir as a friend or whisper him for a group invite. I've always considered him a level headed person who is willing to help newer pvp'ers get better.

Tertiary Meat
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Coldcell wrote: »
    Guys,

EP normally gets into Cyrodiil at about 4am CST.
    Then again, at around 11am. But, there's a 150 man tealight party group at BRK, at around primetime. They blob from keep to keep thereafter, so you should be able to find them?

Let us know how it goes, and welcome to Azura's Star! :)

Edited by Heike on March 14, 2017 8:18PM
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    The animosity between small scalers and guild premades is largely in part because they don't understand each other and caricature each other. I make it a point to solo, small man, and play in guild premades ("zerg") and I recommend everyone try. People on all aisles will be surprised that there are compelling and fun reasons to try every possible play style :)

I agree so much
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »

I agree so much

My post got two insightfuls. That makes me so angry. /madface
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »

I agree so much

My post got two insightfuls. That makes me so angry. /madface

Up to 3 now! **huggles**
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Soul Shriven

Couldn't agree more.
    It's amazing to see the difference between what is said in forums/zone and what actually happens on the battlefield.
    Also, now you're up 4-2 on insightful/agree :)
    L´homme a voulu monter vers les étoiles... Écrire son histoire.. Dans le verre ou dans la pierre.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh NO!!!! Reactions to my posts make me SO ANGRY! PLEASE don't try to annoy me by giving me MORE reactions! I HATE it when people help me farm for stars! Don't throw me in the briar patch!

Seriously... smh.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
This discussion has been closed.