The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want to sell my Homes...

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sorry. I have crippling buyer's remorse. I don't want these houses anymore. What excitement and curiosity I had for Homestead has long dried up since day 2 or 3 of launch and now I just don't want these homes anymore. They're pointless, useless, gigantic pieces of decoration that lose their appeal about the fifth time you walk in. The house itself is practically nothing but a museum of all the props in the game, you can't even use the bed to lay down, only the chairs allow you to sit down, and even then only certain chairs. I bought a couch that doesn't work. There's furniture in the living room you cannot sit on.

I understand that Microsoft states there's no refunds when purchasing Crowns. At least refund the Crowns so I can spend them on other things like a Crafting Motif or more Costumes or Mounts. I'd gladly give up my access to these houses I don't care.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eeeeerrrrr yeah you can open a ticket with support. Good luck
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh nice, which one(s) did you get?
  • Patriick
    Patriick
    ✭✭
    How many houses did you buy? lol
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make and invite some friends to your homes!!
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could sell my old house for half price to the NPCs.
    Pc na
  • Raevyness
    Raevyness
    ✭✭✭
    It would be cool if they added a player market. Like if you don't want your house you can sell to other players for gold and transfer ownership. Doubt they would do that because money.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you've got it now. I really don't see you getting a refund. All you can do now is wait and hope that more functionality is brought in in the future.
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure I'd enjoy the housing system or not, so I only bought one of the small houses (Autumn's Gate) first, just to dip my toe in and see if I liked hanging out there and decorating. I only spent 60,000 gold and maybe about 10,000 more for some achievement furnishings I liked. Turns out I loved the housing, so splurged and bought Old Mistveil Manor for Crowns.

Sounds like you maybe bought some of the larger homes from the Crown Store right off the bat? I'm sorry you ended up not liking the system - it sucks to have homes you won't use anymore. In the future, maybe start small first? Try before you buy (with Crowns)! ;)
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A little patience and restraint saves yourself from remorse
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You bought it as is... sorry.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will buy them .

Oh wait ...
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cynnalia wrote: »
    I wasn't sure I'd enjoy the housing system or not, so I only bought one of the small houses (Autumn's Gate) first, just to dip my toe in and see if I liked hanging out there and decorating. I only spent 60,000 gold and maybe about 10,000 more for some achievement furnishings I liked. Turns out I loved the housing, so splurged and bought Old Mistveil Manor for Crowns.

Sounds like you maybe bought some of the larger homes from the Crown Store right off the bat? I'm sorry you ended up not liking the system - it sucks to have homes you won't use anymore. In the future, maybe start small first? Try before you buy (with Crowns)! ;)

I brought the same place for 60k brought a few things for it but unlike you the housing to me has no functionality and I find it quite boring compared with other mmos...
    So I'm glad I didn't waste to much on the system!!
  • Weasel_Tunneler
    Weasel_Tunneler
    ✭✭✭
    Rosellie wrote: »
    It would be cool if they added a player market. Like if you don't want your house you can sell to other players for gold and transfer ownership. Doubt they would do that because money.

And by doing that, you would create the being of "pay to win" to this game. People with wallet and fat bank accounts would "sell" crown store points to others in form of houses. People with fat wallets would start the housing market inside the game, making a lot of coins with real money.
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    <=== Proudly not a home owner since 1998, never looking back.

Seriously though, the stench of rip off was overwhelming to me when I first heard about this. This is ZOS after all, they have taken over as king of in app purchase game rip offs.

If it weren't for the craft bag, I'd play this game solely free now, I like you just did, learned the hard way with this game and sank a ton of cash in. But the craft bag, that really hurts. Once you know the joy that emanates from the craft bag, you can never go back, but it's locked behind the rip off paywall known as eso+.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dear Diary
    Today I spent far too much money on some fancy new things, and they didn't even fill the dark cavernous empty space that passes for my existence. So sad :cry:
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I decided when housing was announced that while I may purchase homes, they would only be bought with in game gold. If someone has the money, go ahead and pay cash, but with gold easy to come buy, I see no need to use the crown store.

Any homes I buy will likely only be furnished with crafting tables for convenience, DPS skeletons for character testing and will mostly be used as free wayshrines.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh nice, which one(s) did you get?
    Patriick wrote: »
    How many houses did you buy? lol

Two of the Staples, Autumn's Gate and Cyrodiilic Jungle.
    Betheny wrote: »
    Dear Diary
    Today I spent far too much money on some fancy new things, and they didn't even fill the dark cavernous empty space that passes for my existence. So sad :cry:

Didn't you block me? Couldn't resist coming back did you.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I'm sorry. I have crippling buyer's remorse. I don't want these houses anymore. What excitement and curiosity I had for Homestead has long dried up since day 2 or 3 of launch and now I just don't want these homes anymore. They're pointless, useless, gigantic pieces of decoration that lose their appeal about the fifth time you walk in. The house itself is practically nothing but a museum of all the props in the game, you can't even use the bed to lay down, only the chairs allow you to sit down, and even then only certain chairs. I bought a couch that doesn't work. There's furniture in the living room you cannot sit on.

I understand that Microsoft states there's no refunds when purchasing Crowns. At least refund the Crowns so I can spend them on other things like a Crafting Motif or more Costumes or Mounts. I'd gladly give up my access to these houses I don't care.

@ArchMikem ...man, you are painfully honest at times - i really appreciate that...

so refreshing when most are so eager to exclaim their latest triumph or achievement...

no doubt, someone, somewhere will read your post and hopefully save themselves some anguish...

maybe in time zos will incorporate more aspects to the homes...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait a few days and see how you feel. Pretend your characters have a hide out or were entrusted with an inheritance. Do something entertaining like build a shrine or sparring arena, or a dungeon. Make a hedge maze, ramp around the walls to look out, or fortifications. Later you can get some crafting tables and useful things if you feel like you need functionality. Also they make great places to zone to and leave the door from if the house is located near a wayshrine or city. I also don't think this is the end of it, I think more will be added to housing as time goes on.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

LOL.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hated the idea of housing, lack of storage, etc etc.

because i'm always in r/k, i bought sleek creek, renamed it 'the cathouse' and i've never looked back.

it's a nice place to come to and quite functional as i've got all the crafting tables/stations, a merchant/banker kiosk, training dummy, and an excellent view from the deck.

i couldn't care less about the inside of the house, but i've nearly maxed items on the garden/courtyard.

give it some time; you might come to enjoy it.

cheers.
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine it now. On the next episode of "ESO House Flipping, the real estate edition." :D
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't sell it, you'll start a recession.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same reason I was excited and a week from release I didn't care, Had my free house since launch and only been in twice
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have no intention of ever buying a house and this is one of the reasons, if I had more then 1 house then why are my other characters allowed in said house? they don't own it my other character would, they would be trespassing and liable to get stabbed.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on March 1, 2017 4:20AM
  • Khairiah
    Khairiah
    ✭✭✭
    Spend 500g on furniture for my free inn room.. Have I finnished the initial quest? No..
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, I'm in a situation now because of some bs involving houses being "refunded". Just go have a peak at my most recent thread. ZOS took everything bro. Every single thing. And even worse, I might not even get my crowns, gold, or AP I spent on items for my house back after their latest stunt they pulled on me. :|
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ArchMikem I'm totally with you. When homestead DLC came out I instantly thought of Hearthfire DLC from Skyrim. I keep having to remind myself that ESO isn't Skyrim. I too am suffering from the crippling buyer's remorse after purchasing Daggerfall Overlook manor (I made the mistake of purchasing the furniture version). I'm not overly impress with my purchase that I've used with my crowns. You're right. I'm unable to sleep in the bed like I can in Skyrim. Certain furniture you can't even sit on. You would think that with such big purchase that ZOS would be so kind enough to provide us with a free DPS dummy, but no. That comes separate... for an extra thousand crowns.

God forbid you want to include an additional Alchemy Lab, enchanting table, Blacksmithing, clothing and a wood working crafting table..... It would cost you almost the same amount of the manor that you've just purchased with crowns.

I should of listen to the players who warned me not to buy the manor when I created this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/321506/can-someone-talk-me-out-of-doing-what-im-about-to-do/p1

Damn this impulsiveness ;/
    Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on March 1, 2017 4:49AM
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Dark age of Camelot (16 years ago) YOU COULD sell your house to other players ... but then again... you could have a personal vendor to sell your crafts, have personal crafting stations, have a bank, and recall (portal) to your house. Hell, in darkfall you could have resources nodes for wood, food, and alchemy herbs and that was 7 years ago!

I guess my point is, as technology has advanced, apparently game developers aren't using it. ESO is a major mmo so they should be making things like housing even better, not worse. 2 cents I'm out
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, people getting tired of Homestead because there is NOTHING to these houses besides expensive cosmetics tied heavily into the Crown Store. The only benefit is the target skeleton.

I called this back when ZOS said Player Housing would not include Storage. Not surprised one bit people are already growing bored.

It's been since Dark Brotherhood that any real new content was added into the game, and Morrowind arrives next major patch. The wait will be a boring one, unfortunately.
    Edited by Vaoh on March 1, 2017 5:12AM