The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want to sell my Homes...

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that. But why on earth did you by multiple homes? And why on earth did you use Crowns? Goodness, what a ridiculous thing to do. No offense, but you really have no one to blame but yourself I'm sorry to say. You made a terrible mistake, but that is how we grow (learning from them).

@Cynnalia 's post above is a great example of perhaps something you should have done instead. I sincerely hope your experience will put you in better stead to make smarter decisions in future.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on March 1, 2017 6:14AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that. But why on earth did you by multiple homes? And why on earth did you use Crowns? Goodness, what a ridiculous thing to do. No offense, but you really have no one to blame but yourself I'm sorry to say. You made a terrible mistake, but that is how we grow (learning from them).

I used Crowns cause I came into a little birthday money this month (guess it's last now) and I have literally no Gold at all right now. I got one of the cheaper ones because I told myself, (why not have one just to experience the content), but after decorating it I kept looking around the others, and I don't even know why I bought the second one, but I did. Yeah it's my fault, I'm not blaming ZOS.

But yeah I also think though some kind of Crown refund system would be highly appreciated by players for certain content. I mean ZOS can't lose by doing so, they just refund the cost of the House in Crowns and then remove it from your Collectibles, then you can spend those Crowns on other things in the store. In the end ZOS doesn't lose anything.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    What make House as OP say "They're pointless, useless, gigantic pieces of decoration" is the fact that you can only use house atm for craft if get crafting table to house other then that is as he/she say "They're pointless, useless, gigantic pieces of decoration".

What made me somewhat dispoint is that fact you can only use vendor and bank if you have buy the vendor npc and bank npc from crown store which i think is silly i hope ZoS add more usefull item in near futuare.

The funny thing is that house here in ESO just feel like house in SWTOR but atlest there you can buy bank furniture and vendor npc and AH furniture at normal house vendor.

WoW "houseing" you get more useful thing out atlest NPC are moving and you can even found npc out in world which you send out on missing.

ZoS could have done some like that you found/hire NPC that can take care of your house atlest then it will feel it is alive and maybe send them out on farming mats mission i dont know something is better then it is now.

To me atm houseing just feel like big cash cow where you just spend your money in and got nothing out of it
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like the option as well. To sell Snugpod when I one day upgrade to a bigger house. At a reduced price is fine. It's more on principle, not having two houses.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I'm sorry. I have crippling buyer's remorse. I don't want these houses anymore. What excitement and curiosity I had for Homestead has long dried up since day 2 or 3 of launch and now I just don't want these homes anymore. They're pointless, useless, gigantic pieces of decoration that lose their appeal about the fifth time you walk in. The house itself is practically nothing but a museum of all the props in the game, you can't even use the bed to lay down, only the chairs allow you to sit down, and even then only certain chairs. I bought a couch that doesn't work. There's furniture in the living room you cannot sit on.

I understand that Microsoft states there's no refunds when purchasing Crowns. At least refund the Crowns so I can spend them on other things like a Crafting Motif or more Costumes or Mounts. I'd gladly give up my access to these houses I don't care.

Everybody talked about how useless the housing was even before it went live. It's just a gold sink for achievement hounds.
    i_told_you_so_stephen_colbert.gif
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SFDB wrote: »
    You can't sell it, you'll start a recession.

Hugely underrated post :lol:
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Dude, I'm in a situation now because of some bs involving houses being "refunded". Just go have a peak at my most recent thread. ZOS took everything bro. Every single thing. And even worse, I might not even get my crowns, gold, or AP I spent on items for my house back after their latest stunt they pulled on me. :|

Ahhhhhhh not again!!
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Dude, I'm in a situation now because of some bs involving houses being "refunded". Just go have a peak at my most recent thread. ZOS took everything bro. Every single thing. And even worse, I might not even get my crowns, gold, or AP I spent on items for my house back after their latest stunt they pulled on me. :|

giphy.gif
    uvy6c.jpg

• Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sense complaining about your mistakes. You should of realized from the start with no storage options that the Homestead Housing was useless. You were not forced to fall into the Housing rip off and waste gold or crowns purchasing them. If you think ZOS is going to give you a refund think again. Even if there is an option given to sell your worthless properties how many players do you think are going to waste gold to buy them. Again they serve no real purpose except for you to say you have one.

My suggestion to all of you complaining is to sell any Furniture recipes you find. They still bring a good price and you can recoup some of the gold that you have lost. I have made a bundle of gold selling the recipes I have found.
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    Haha not even the mounts move that you put into the houses! They could have at least add animation to the mounts like in character select screen.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I'm sorry. I have crippling buyer's remorse. I don't want these houses anymore. What excitement and curiosity I had for Homestead has long dried up since day 2 or 3 of launch and now I just don't want these homes anymore. They're pointless, useless, gigantic pieces of decoration that lose their appeal about the fifth time you walk in. The house itself is practically nothing but a museum of all the props in the game, you can't even use the bed to lay down, only the chairs allow you to sit down, and even then only certain chairs. I bought a couch that doesn't work. There's furniture in the living room you cannot sit on.

I understand that Microsoft states there's no refunds when purchasing Crowns. At least refund the Crowns so I can spend them on other things like a Crafting Motif or more Costumes or Mounts. I'd gladly give up my access to these houses I don't care.

Assuming this is a serious post - you should consider renting instead or at least a lease.

Find someone - likely a friend - who wants a home but cant afford it, especially if you bought nice homes.
    Cut a deal.
    1. they get decorator status.
    2. they pay you an amount of gold/goods per xxx timeframe or all at once for a lease.
    3. you agree that when they mail you furniture, you weill within 24 hours go into the house and just stack it there since only you can add/remove. possibly a "per trip" fee involved".
    4. So you have a few trips over for "landlord stuff each month, they get a house to decorate and you get a nice little sum for your original investment.

Obviously, there has to be a good deal of trust. After all, everything actually added to the house is "yours" so... they want to be careful.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Oh look, people getting tired of Homestead because there is NOTHING to these houses besides expensive cosmetics tied heavily into the Crown Store. The only benefit is the target skeleton.

I called this back when ZOS said Player Housing would not include Storage. Not surprised one bit people are already growing bored.

It's been since Dark Brotherhood that any real new content was added into the game, and Morrowind arrives next major patch. The wait will be a boring one, unfortunately.

look the sun came up.
    i called it.

really, you are counting coup over predicting that some players of an mmo will get disillusioned with some new content after its initial new release smell wears off.

Hint, if it had included storage - same thing would have happened - just maybe to different folks.

meanwhile, the great Stevilnak holds an envelope to his forehead and predicts:
    After morrowind drops, some folks will have login/patch issues and be upset.

lets mark this and see if i am indeed correct.

:-)

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 1 room in a Manor with a satanic ritual layout of candles and assorted meat
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k e k
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing is okay if you recognize its limitations up front and don't expect it to be more than that.

I have eight houses - all three of the free apartments, all three of the cheap 10k rooms, plus Snugpod and Humblemud. All told I have spent 121k gold on houses.

I now have a setup of convenient Wayshrines to places. (I won't say free because I bought most of them, but I can go there whenever I want for no added fee.) Snugpod is my primary, to provide a free Wayshrine to Elden Hollow for my guild, so AD characters can turn in Master Writs without risking crashing at that awful Wayshrine. It's fully decorated. A guildmate made me two candles and the rest I crafted using the 150g white recipes (plus a dungeon bust). I call it my "Creepy Murder Hut." I will probably put a DPS skeleton inside later (it will match the decor) and then it's done.

Decorating the 11k Skywatch home now. It's my favorite. I did buy a fireplace fire from the Crown Store, and added some basic furniture. Just needs a table, and some paintings if I ever find any, and it will be decorated enough for me.

Humblemud is probably the only other one I will decorate. I love outdoor spaces and this is the only one that I have.

Not really crazy about the rest. I do like my Wayshrine system now, though. Will put the rest of my energy into the Guild Hall. I also like seeing what others have done with their places. Some of my guildmates are very invested in their homes. It's fun to see their creativity.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS