The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Finally Conformed to Heavy Armor Meta and Whoa...

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can nerf heavy to garbage and people may switch to medium.
    You can buff medium to OP and people may switch to medium.

Any buffs to medium and nerfs to heavy that arent directly related to sustain wont change anything unless its one of the above.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, even if everyone here seem to agree on the fact that "everyone use heavy now". That's false. Maybe that's your impression, but heavy armor is the less used armor in pvp, someone quoted a dev who posted raw server data to answer a troll post about heavy armor, I tried to find the post, without success, but there were graphics of armor rate for average and high CP.
    Heavy armor feels more powerful in pvp, but only because you can't manage to kill these builds as easily as medium and light build. I agree on the fact that it's easier to play with heavy armor, you have more raw survivability. It's easier to start with it. It lets you a chance to fight back.
    BUT.
    You have less damage, less crit, less max stat, less regen. You have to trade a lot of Dps and sustain for raw survivability. You can block more, and take more hits. While on a medium or light build, you actually need to cast shields and dodge. You can dodge time to time with heavy builds, but you'll quickly run out of stamina. Unless you plan to tank several players at once, you can do way better on a light build for example. But playing heavy is way more forgiving. It allows average players to survive more, and let them a chance to fight back. So, it feels more powerful, but in fact, a good player with medium or light armor can do way better than someone with heavy. Not taking damages at all, with shields or roll dodge, hitting very hard, with a lot of healing and with what may seem infinite ressources pools.
    While medium and light builds require reactive gameplay to survive. On an heavy build, you have way less things to do to stay alive.
    I play Stamina sorcerer. Ravager and spriggan, so 5 heavy, 2 medium, and I deal damages with my 1h/shield bar. I have so much armor penetration that I have no real problem to take down an heavy armor build, but for a light build stacking shield, that's really an other story. And unless you're playing very carefully and managing very well your ressources, you'll often end up outsustained and die. As an exemple, I spent like 15 minutes fighting a magblades. I finally killed him because he held block and couldn't CC break a stun. I consider myself as slightly under average player, and i'm only more comfortable with heavy armor because i spent a year playing as tank with this character, and i had real troubles to adapt to the medium playstyle.
    Edited by Elwendryll on March 1, 2017 11:09AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    So with the new changes i had to switch armor sets so i tried heavy vs medium and heres what i found. Medium armour gives me roughly 200 more weapon damage (after heavy armor buff) and 10 percent more crit whilst giving up 5k resistances. You actually get some really nice resource regen from constitution without even having blackrose. Now the problem i have with that is the damage gap just seems to be to small to justify the loss of these defensive bonuses. Block seems to be better than the 10% or so dodge roll bonus and costs less stam if you didnt need to block vs if you dodgeroll and didnt need to. If the damage curve was slightly larger than it might be worth wearing medium. Now the other problem that needs attention in order for these to be balanced is stealth and ganking. Its a niche style play that offers very little counterplay currently. If you buff medium armor then these builds are going to snowball out of proportion. So if medium armor is going to get a boost it can't affect damage from stealth or everyones going to Qneebout gankers. I've thought from the start that movement bonuses would be a good way to go. Bonuses for light and medium and penalties for heavy.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    First of all, even if everyone here seem to agree on the fact that "everyone use heavy now". That's false. Maybe that's your impression, but heavy armor is the less used armor in pvp, someone quoted a dev who posted raw server data to answer a troll post about heavy armor, I tried to find the post, without success, but there were graphics of armor rate for average and high CP.
    Heavy armor feels more powerful in pvp, but only because you can't manage to kill these builds as easily as medium and light build. I agree on the fact that it's easier to play with heavy armor, you have more raw survivability. It's easier to start with it. It lets you a chance to fight back.
    BUT.
    You have less damage, less crit, less max stat, less regen. You have to trade a lot of Dps and sustain for raw survivability. You can block more, and take more hits. While on a medium or light build, you actually need to cast shields and dodge. You can dodge time to time with heavy builds, but you'll quickly run out of stamina. Unless you plan to tank several players at once, you can do way better on a light build for example. But playing heavy is way more forgiving. It allows average players to survive more, and let them a chance to fight back. So, it feels more powerful, but in fact, a good player with medium or light armor can do way better than someone with heavy. Not taking damages at all, with shields or roll dodge, hitting very hard, with a lot of healing and with what may seem infinite ressources pools.
    While medium and light builds require reactive gameplay to survive. On an heavy build, you have way less things to do to stay alive.
    I play Stamina sorcerer. Ravager and spriggan, so 5 heavy, 2 medium, and I deal damages with my 1h/shield bar. I have so much armor penetration that I have no real problem to take down an heavy armor build, but for a light build stacking shield, that's really an other story. And unless you're playing very carefully and managing very well your ressources, you'll often end up outsustained and die. As an exemple, I spent like 15 minutes fighting a magblades. I finally killed him because he held block and couldn't CC break a stun. I consider myself as slightly under average player, and i'm only more comfortable with heavy armor because i spent a year playing as tank with this character, and i had real troubles to adapt to the medium playstyle.

A couple of things here.

Yes, it is strictly true that according to ZoS data, the armor distributions are roughly the same. That means nothing insofar as balance. My sorcerer always wears light armor because she can get away with it running in a bomb-group. My Templar always wears heavy because she runs solo. So, according to ZoS's statistics, ZoS would think I believe they are equal in balance since I spend 50% in each. But I don;t believe they are balanced. Heavy is strictly better; I just happen to play 50% of the time I can get away with wearing light.

Less damage is debatable. I don't have less crit (I run the thief because Constitution passive takes care of what Atronach once did). I have more max stat (hello 30K+ health). More regen (particularly stamina ... that initself is a godsend for magic builds). I am most certainly not trading "a lot" of DPS and sustain. But I am getting more raw survivability. I dodge more in heavy armor because of constitution passive. Light build tanking several players at once? In what game version? A sorcerer can shield stack - to a point - but that's shield stacking, not "tanking." Light armor temps and DKs run out of stam and get Rekt.

Light and medium work if a player is ganking or bombing or hiding in a zerg. Once they get taken out of that comfort zone and are actually forced to PvP opponents capable of fighting back and CCing them, the weaknesses of non-heavy users get exposed.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you plan to tank several players at once, you can do way better on a light build for example.
    The keyword here is "unless".
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor is overpowered.

DAMAGE :

The best magicka damage set are light armor based, making it needed a little if you want to deal damage.

BUT you can take your best damage set on jewlery and weapons, so, you wan only wear 1 light armor piece and have INSANE damage.

-For stamina :

Medium armor give more damage BUT by needing a regen set, you can have same damage on heavy, because you can run full damage.

SUSTAIN

HERE is the problem !

Heavy armor give FAR more regen than other armors, on stamina, you can run 900 regen heavy armor build when you need 2k regen on a medium armor build.

There is 2 reasons :

- Consitution passive is OP
    - Heavy attack ressource back is OP.

+ You gain regen on your utility stats (magicka for stamina and stamina for magicka)

DEFENSIVE SIDE :

Heavy armor give tons of resistence, more HP, more healing passively.

Medium armor have rolldoge but they need tons of regen to do it well.

Light armor don't give any defensive way to go, Shield stacking is the only thing making light armor viable..

• Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoylegu wrote: »
    I just tried 5h on my MagPlar and am now finding myself really magicka starved. I know I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what. Any tips?

Yeah what youre doing wrong is listening to these reem jobs who say they didnt lose anything when they switched to heavy...
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    I just tried 5h on my MagPlar and am now finding myself really magicka starved. I know I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what. Any tips?

Yeah what youre doing wrong is listening to these reem jobs who say they didnt lose anything when they switched to heavy...

This.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »

Lol yea cause it's not like I don't use heavy armor on all my characters and not even run any regen lines. I literally run the bare minimum in regen. And I can fight for days. Sure you can't spam abilities like I could in light or medium, but I been playing for so long that I don't randomly spam abilities. Not only that you save resources by just being tanky. For example I'm on my stamblade or magblade and I'm playing in light or medium and I get hit with a combo for 14k I have to go defensive to try to recover which waste resources either shielding or dodge rolling. in heavy that damage is reduced and your healing is increased so I don't need to excessively dodge roll to get my vigor tics I hit vigor and rally once and I'm basically full HP. So if you are a experienced PVPer who can manage without spamming abilities heavy is the best choice for resource management. If I run medium on my stamblade I need to run atleast 2000 recovery, and light on my magblade I need around 1600. If I run heavy, literally 700 regen and I'm good to go. The only thing you really miss out on in heavy is the crit chance which actually does lower your pressure you put on your opponent, but not enough to warrant not using heavy because you can still have really high burst damage. I'm still one shotting light and medium armor players while playing in heavy armor.
    Edited by thankyourat on March 2, 2017 4:25AM
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Heavy armor. Nerfing of it will result into a direct nerf to templars and DKs because these classes has little escape and take all dangers face to face. Both don't need nerf.
    Some PvP adjustments is needed to buff medium armor without affecting PvE DPS seriously. Next direct damage after roll dodge is mitigated for a second? Duration of roll dodge evasion increased? Something.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Sharpened is the problem.
    It should be more effective against heavy armor and less against med/light, just as it used to. Nirnhoned should be for those.

This is another good point. In light you're going to have maybe 10k physical resist, which means anybody with Sharpened+major breach (so everybody) will reduce your armor to effectively zero, to the point where you might as well be naked.

You shouldn't really be running out of stats unless you're just not getting hit in the first place, make sure to keep up your rune for magic return+run magickasteal if you still can't sustain

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is heavy armor viable in PVE for DPS? That's how I started when I began playing but everyone said if you want to do DPS you HAVE to wear medium armor... I like the look of heavy over everything else but now IDC to much I just wear my white bear costume (Wish there was a wolf costume).
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at the point there I hope that heavy armor gets nerfed so hard that nobody even thinks about using it anymore. I'm so sick of seeing all these cheese builds which don't block or roll anything, just facetank and outheal every crap with 5k weapondmg and Troll King. Heavy armor is the way to go if you want to faceroll without putting any effort into your class because even a simple bot could perform well with these kind of builds.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran my NB last night in 5 medium 2 heavy. The only thing that I really like about that is I seem to get away easier as I can roll more and have a little better sneak. Problem is; in heavy I don't have to worry about getting away as much. I think I pretty much will swap out based on whether Im planning on ganking and therefore looking to not engage in trading hits; and when I am fighting like everyone else. My thing is; I get bored trying to gank targets 1 at a time and escaping.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    I like Heavy armor. Nerfing of it will result into a direct nerf to templars and DKs because these classes has little escape and take all dangers face to face. Both don't need nerf.
    Some PvP adjustments is needed to buff medium armor without affecting PvE DPS seriously. Next direct damage after roll dodge is mitigated for a second? Duration of roll dodge evasion increased? Something.

All the armors are balanced,

All these people claiming heavy armor is OP are trolls

Medium gives
    - Crit chance
    - WD
    - Dodge roll cost reduction
    - sneak cost reduction
    - Dodge chance

In terms of dmg
    LA>MA> HA

Survivability
    Medium = HEAVY > LIGHT

The Demographics of Armor use in Cyrodiil favor magicka builds since they always been the most popular followed by medium and heavy last.

Anyone claiming other wise is using anecdotal evidence and should't be taken seriously.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of heavy armor. What would be a good setup for stamina based NB? I was thinking 5 ravager, 5 black rose, 2 troll king. What say you?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Ashamray wrote: »

All the armors are balanced,

All these people claiming heavy armor is OP are trolls

Medium gives
    - Crit chance
    - WD
    - Dodge roll cost reduction
    - sneak cost reduction
    - Dodge chance

In terms of dmg
    LA>MA> HA

Survivability
    Medium = HEAVY > LIGHT

The Demographics of Armor use in Cyrodiil favor magicka builds since they always been the most popular followed by medium and heavy last.

Anyone claiming other wise is using anecdotal evidence and should't be taken seriously.

Medium:
    Crit chance- not that important for pvp
    WD- wrath passive adds a good amount of WD
    Dodge roll passive- Dodge roll isn't needed often if you're tanky
    Sneak reductions- only really matters if you gank
    Dodge chance- available to heavy armor users

So yea heavy is better in every way for pvp we aren't trolling.

• SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of heavy armor. What would be a good setup for stamina based NB? I was thinking 5 ravager, 5 black rose, 2 troll king. What say you?

I've been running Fasalla's + transmutation OR black rose+desert rose/trans with good results. And troll king or skoria's for monster set. Basically you still deal a good amount of damage yet you are more resilient to be zerged down or ganked. This combination of sets allow you to have good suntain, decent damage and OP survivability but I consider alchemist and spinners the best balanced as regards damage/survivability.

People saying "oh you are just trolls" are the ones playing heavy armor but don't want others to use it.

EDIT: Didn't read you were a stamina-based NB. I'm talking from a magicka-based NB perspective, sorry. But you can still go with alchemist + spriggan's + monster set or something like that.
    Edited by SpiderCultist on March 3, 2017 4:22PM
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stamicka

If you think heavy is OP thats fine you are entitled to your opinion but,

It does not have better damage than Light or Medium that's just silly and I know you never stated that but others do and is why I call them trolls.

Crit chance is very important you're underestimating that, if I wasn't impenetrable wouldn't be the meta trait in pvp reducing crit damage is very important, Thd higher your crit the more damage you deal and the more often. You heal for a good amount.Crit chance is very important

Wrath from heavy armor is great but its a reactive passive that requires you to get hit, Agility is passively always applied and applies more WD than wrath, This patch Wrath was adjusted to not be fully active quickly it takes longer to stack now although the results will be the same.

The general consensus on the forums is that dodge roll Scales the best defensively when facing multiple opponents all attacks are evaded ( if they can be evaded mind you ) from one dodge roll as opposed to blocking and Ward stacking. The armor rating from heavy is great but is easily countered by multiple sources of Physical and Spell penetration that the game provides, if Heavy armor users are realy that much of a problem to you then you can always use multiple Physical penetration abilities to counter act it.

Sneak cost reduction is just an added flavor to medium, but is great for ganking which is really effective in the game atm since it guarantees you a kill without worrying about dying.

All in all IMO Medium and Light Armors are better than Heavy, but it's a fact that Both Medium and Light armor deal more damage than heavy armor.

Edited by Anti_Virus on March 3, 2017 6:34PM
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I read this thread I can't help but hear sorcs complaining that they can't curse, frag, execute their way through PvP. Heavy is fine, Light is fine, Medium is trash at the moment. I feel like everyone posts with an agenda in these forums. If you further nerf Heavy you have to think, what will that inadvertently buff? You say Heavy is over performing? Is that because you aren't able to kill someone in mere seconds? From my nightblades perspective, you need Heavy to survive unless you want to gank which I don't. From my light armor mDK's perspective I love people that wear medium armor. They melt.

I laugh every time I read someone saying to use "positioning and superior tactics" to overcome mediums glaring weaknesses. There is no overcoming 25k worth of destro ult damage in 2-3 seconds. I can't wait till battlegrounds come out. How much do you want to bet top leaderboard groups are gonna consist of 4 sorcs or 3 sorcs and 1 Templar... Just saying.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stamicka

It does not have better damage than Light or Medium that's just silly and I know you never stated that but others do and is why I call them trolls.

Crit chance is very important you're underestimating that, if I wasn't impenetrable would be the meta trait in pvp reducing crit damage is very important, Thd higher your crit the more damage you deal and the more often. You heal for a good amount.Crit chance is very important

Wrath from heavy armor is great but its a reactive passive that requires you to get hit, Agility is passively always applied and applies more WD than wrath, This patch Wrath was adjusted to not be fully active quickly it takes longer to stack now although the results will be the same.

The general consensus on the forums is that dodge roll Scales the best defensively when facing multiple opponents all attacks are evaded ( if they can be evaded mind you ) from one dodge roll as opposed to blocking and Ward stacking. The armor rating from heavy is great but os easily countered by multiple sources of Physical and Spell penetration that the game provides, if Heavy armor users are reall that much of a problem to you then you can always use multiple Physical penetration abilities to counter act it.

Sneak cost reduction is just an added flavor to medium, but is great for ganking which is really effective in the game atm since it guarantees you a kill without worrying about dying.

All in all IMO Medium and Light Armors are better than Heavy, but its a fact the Both Medium and Light armour deal more damage than heavy armor.

What youre forgetting in your little analysis is that heavy armour builds don't have to invest as much into regen and can thus afford to stack more into damage, resulting in similar damage numbers compared to medium armour. People use the thief stone to compensate for the lack of crit on heavy armour, and done. If people instead stack more into sustain while wearing heavy theyll hit for less but they have unbreakable sustain.

Block >>>> dodge, because roll dodge has a penalty for spamming whereas you can pretty much hold block forever in the right heavy armour setup. Yeah, roll dodge lets you dodge all melee hits and projectiles for a brief period of time but block works vs everything that roll dodge works against, and more. There's also a 0.5s cooldown on hits draining your stamina while blocking so essentially you can also block multiple attacks at the same time without a very serious stamina drain..
    Edited by Valencer on March 3, 2017 6:51PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    I agree with OP, Heavy armor was near useless unless you were a tank until the buff. IMO I agree that it doesn't need to change, but light armor and med need a buff. Possible changes: Passive for light when wearing 5 pieces you receive 5 more seconds on your shields and maybe a passive change for medium that increases mit by 3000 or so when wearing 5 pcs...

Light armor should get lifesteal on 5 pieces while medium should get extra penetration. That should help with the main problems of both armors: survaibility in light and extra dmg (against heavy) on medium.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    I agree with OP, Heavy armor was near useless unless you were a tank until the buff. IMO I agree that it doesn't need to change, but light armor and med need a buff. Possible changes: Passive for light when wearing 5 pieces you receive 5 more seconds on your shields and maybe a passive change for medium that increases mit by 3000 or so when wearing 5 pcs...

Light armor should get lifesteal on 5 pieces while medium should get extra penetration. That should help with the main problems of both armors: survaibility in light and extra dmg (against heavy) on medium.

This does nothing to fix the problem for medium which is it is too squishy... Extra penetration is not needed.. Light armor is fine where it is at.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »

This does nothing to fix the problem for medium which is it is too squishy... Extra penetration is not needed.. Light armor is fine where it is at.

I disagree that light is fine where it is at. It is if you want to spam shields but that doesn't help while traveling and you have to do that a lot in Cyrodiil. It may be fine when it gets down to 4v4v4.

For medium; I am not so sure. Maybe have minor evasion built into a passive.

I do like the idea of speeding up attacks in light and medium armor though.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its sad. Heavy was so bad since release for well over a year. Back when tanks used to wear light over heavy. Finally heavy gets buffed and along with other changes becomes the superior choice of the 3. Now what will happen is rather than ZoS giving both light and medium more incentives to use them along side heavy, they will just instead nerf Heavy to the point it becomes utterly useless and out of favour again. This is the cycle we have had with balance in this game since day 1.

Rather than doing big balance changes every 6 months ZoS needs to do small frequent changes so that we can actually reach a good balance between classes,armour and abilities. I hate how we wait months for something to be buffed/nerfed or fixed.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I disagree that light is fine where it is at. It is if you want to spam shields but that doesn't help while traveling and you have to do that a lot in Cyrodiil. It may be fine when it gets down to 4v4v4.

I'm confused, your argument for buffing light armor is because you could potentially get ganked of your horse? If that happens god help us all should a Sorc see you coming.

Edited by Killset on March 3, 2017 11:07PM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    @Stamicka

Crit chance is very important you're underestimating that, if I wasn't impenetrable would be the meta trait in pvp reducing crit damage is very important, Thd higher your crit the more damage you deal and the more often. You heal for a good amount.Crit chance is very important

The general consensus on the forums is that dodge roll Scales the best defensively when facing multiple opponents all attacks are evaded ( if they can be evaded mind you ) from one dodge roll as opposed to blocking and Ward stacking. The armor rating from heavy is great but os easily countered by multiple sources of Physical and Spell penetration that the game provides, if Heavy armor users are reall that much of a problem to you then you can always use multiple Physical penetration abilities to counter act it.

All in all IMO Medium and Light Armors are better than Heavy, but its a fact the Both Medium and Light armour deal more damage than heavy armor.

What youre forgetting in your little analysis is that heavy armour builds don't have to invest as much into regen and can thus afford to stack more into damage, resulting in similar damage numbers compared to medium armour. People use the thief stone to compensate for the lack of crit on heavy armour, and done. If people instead stack more into sustain while wearing heavy theyll hit for less but they have unbreakable sustain.

Block >>>> dodge, because roll dodge has a penalty for spamming whereas you can pretty much hold block forever in the right heavy armour setup. Yeah, roll dodge lets you dodge projectiles for a brief period of time but block works vs everything that roll dodge works against, and more. There's also a 0.5s cooldown on hits draining your stamina while blocking so essentially you can also block multiple attacks at the same time without a very serious stamina drain..

Not nessiarly. Allow me to explain:

The benefit of both Light and Medium armor has is Cost reduction, which is exclusive to those armors, cost reduction is the most effective sustain passive in the game since you regen every 2 secs.

Heavy armor builds on average have 21% more expensive skills which forces heavy users to heavy attack more than other classes, Sustain mechanics mainly come from class abilities, like DK battle roar and Sorcs Dark conversion not based on heavy armors own merits.

Also you forgot that heavy users will have 10% less crit than their counterparts which is is huge less crit = less damage = less effective healing.

In terms of blocking similarly to dodge roll there are a plethora of skills that go right through block
    - Dots
    - Fears
    - unblockable CCs

Unblockable CCs will force heavy users to drop block exposing them to damage same with DOTs

The block cost is about 2K stam with just SnB cost reduction it goes down to about 1300 stam and doesn't recover while up.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what they would do with medium armor to buff it. Giving minor evasion would mean people stacking that with shuffle would be back to 20% or more and people complained about shuffle when it was 20% alone. Maybe if wearing 5 or more pieces reduced the dodge roll penalty we have now but doesn't fully get rid of it?

I think wrath should be removed and replaced. I mean, it's the normal MMO Balance. Tanks take a lot of damage but shouldn't be DPS. I know a lot of people would complain though. If they nerf it to much it goes back to being useless. Perhaps that would be to much of a knee jerk reaction. What was the old passive wrath replaced? I can't remember.

I still consider giving a heavy armor setup a try but honestly I'm fine in medium. With over 36k stamina, 3700 weapon damage fully buffed, and 15.5k+ penetration, and don't forget surprise attack debuff, heavy armor wearers feel more like light armor wearers. Plenty of stamina recovery and magicka recovery. Decent amount of stamina for heals (considering 3700 wd is a bit low).

Maybe give light armor a bonus to shields? But then everyone who says sorcs are OP would be even more angry. Perhaps give 5 or more pieces permanent minor expidition?

I think no matter what ZoS does people will complain lol.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I'm confused, your argument for buffing light armor is because you could potentially get ganked of your horse? If that happens god help us all should a Sorc see you coming.

Im saying its too much of an instagib without shields. Of course just about anything is these days. Its why I am skeptical when people complain about heavy and what they really want.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy heavy armor has a place, it used to be crap.

It's good if you're getting hit, medium is going to be better if you want max damage while trying to avoid it.