Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Who actually bought Manors? With Crown or gold.

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought all three, Make it rain
    I now have all three, payed for with gold.

I have really enjoyed furnishing them so far.........

My main moan is even with ESO+, so 700 item slots, that is not enough!!

When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for crown exclusives to buy
    freespirit wrote: »

I must say I envy that much wealth ingame xD.

Unfortunately I could only get the free apartment and I'm waiting for opportunity to come along somehow
    Options
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-ordered Morrowind instead. Housing is lame
    I dont actually think housing is lame, but I did pre-order Morrowind instead of spending money on a manor
    *Special Snowflake*

Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Did you forget there are 4 other categories of houses (apartments, small, medium and large houses)? Seems a bit strange that the only options are "I bought/will buy a manor" or "Housing is lame".

I didn't buy a manor and I have no intention of buying a manor either with crowns or gold but I am saving up to buy a medium house and may buy other houses after that. I previewed the manors and quite like the look of the khahiit style one, but I don't know what I'd do with all the space so it seems pointless to me, especially since it'd take me forever to save up enough gold and I don't want to spend that much real money on a novelty.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I haven't bought one yet. I plan on it though. Just waiting to see if any deals or new houses come out in a month or two. I'm using my saved up crowns btw. I like strident springs and a few other classic homes. Manors are a bit much.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I pre-ordered Morrowind.

This Housing update is absolutely bare-bones, less than 25% of the features that every other MMO on the market adds in their Housing, and it *** breaks the game.

It's a thinly veiled attempt to herd everyone to the *** Crown Store, and the more I play the game with it installed, the more I hate this *** update.

Oh if I could play without this stupid *** Housing update... I'd uninstall it in half a heartbeat. :(

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

Options
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm working on it.

Very, very slowly.
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Did you forget there are 4 other categories of houses (apartments, small, medium and large houses)? Seems a bit strange that the only options are "I bought/will buy a manor" or "Housing is lame".

I didn't buy a manor and I have no intention of buying a manor either with crowns or gold but I am saving up to buy a medium house and may buy other houses after that. I previewed the manors and quite like the look of the khahiit style one, but I don't know what I'd do with all the space so it seems pointless to me, especially since it'd take me forever to save up enough gold and I don't want to spend that much real money on a novelty.

Of course I remembered the other houses, which is why I provided the "other" option you yourself used to adequately express your "other" choices. I did not want to creat an overly large option choice because the FOCUS of my post, clearly stated in the Title and the Description was to gauge Manors specifically. I added in a couple other options to flavor the post and put in "other" to cover OTHER choices. I also added more than I bought/will buy or housing is lame. You can re read the post as I think you missed the other 3 options.

All in good fun.

But thank you for your input.
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on February 27, 2017 4:19PM
    Options
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Unfortunately I could only get the free apartment and I'm waiting for opportunity to come along somehow

If you want money in game, the best method is to pick a method to make it and go for it. That much money doesn't come to you. You have to grind for it, or trade for it, or steal for it.

Personally, I have a thief I grind for about 15,000 gold daily. At that rate, I should be able to afford a manor in... a year. Assuming I don't buy anything else.

This is why if I get a manor, it will be with Crowns. XD
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Options
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I've not bought any manors, and don't plan to ever buy any. To me, most of the large houses are nicer than the manors, I have no interest or desire to even contemplate purchasing one, with gold or crowns :blush:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
    Options
  • Valve
    Valve
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought all three, Make it rain
    Gold, lots of Gold :neutral:
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyerx4
    Flawless Conqueror all Classes
    3rd Anniversary!
    Guar Squad
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want money in game, the best method is to pick a method to make it and go for it. That much money doesn't come to you. You have to grind for it, or trade for it, or steal for it.

Personally, I have a thief I grind for about 15,000 gold daily. At that rate, I should be able to afford a manor in... a year. Assuming I don't buy anything else.

This is why if I get a manor, it will be with Crowns. XD

This would be far to mucha grind for the amount of time I actually have to play. At most after 9hr work day 5 days a week I have a handful of hours to use. So I get about 2 hours to play daily and using that time to do nothing but grind is... Well not How I imagine I play video games after having to do Real life work grinds xD
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    I have twice born and nightmothers gaze all crafting stations and 6 target skeletons as well as a fight club and fantastic scenery at daggerfall overlook
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Might consider buying one at a later time. For now, I'm way more inclined to purchase a large house, because a couple of them are just better than the manors. If/when I do, I'll most likely wait for a crown sale and buy furnished with crowns. It's a heck of a lot easier to replace the fugly stuff you don't like/want than farm for the next year and a half to find the blueprints and mats to completely furnish an empty one.

Options
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    I invested all my gold when I came back 2 months ago into motifs, only had the 1.0 basic motifs now everything besides 9 pages of akaviri. I probably could've had 2 manors instead but whats the point just cosmetic for now and motifs actually do something in game

Motifs are just cosmetics as well. The target dummy actually gives more functionality to the house than what a motif has.
    Options
  • tdannay_ESO
    tdannay_ESO
    ✭✭
    Other
    I'm waiting until I have found enough blueprints/diagrams to fully furnish a house before I buy one. And even then, I'll only get one big enough to put what I want to put into it. Not likely to buy a manor any time soon.

I'm hoping for some interesting housing options on Vvardenfell.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    I invested all my gold when I came back 2 months ago into motifs, only had the 1.0 basic motifs now everything besides 9 pages of akaviri. I probably could've had 2 manors instead but whats the point just cosmetic for now and motifs actually do something in game

Motifs are just cosmetics as well. The target dummy actually gives more functionality to the house than what a motif has.

Motifs were the ultimate in useless before Master Writs or whatever they are called. Now they have an actual purpose in-game.
    Options
  • Organic
    Organic
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I will not buy one of these ridiculously overpriced monstrosities until they significantly improve their quality AND the far too low player cap.

That player cap is ridiculous given the largest homes will serve as guild housing! They're instanced. They should be able to allow 50-100 players in the zone, especially since there are no mounts, and inside/outside the home require load times.

There needs to be far more up-front notice about player caps. What's the point in having anyone able to travel to visit a primary residence if I can't even get all of my very small guild in at the same time?
    Options
  • Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad not many people chose this option. I'm gonna be an almost unique snowflake with my own private island. ... Where a maximum of 24 people can be present at the same time for some reason. (Hint, zos: cap needs to be increased. Along with the item limit on all houses.)
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
    Options
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I waiting until one year, maybe in a decade or two, I collect enough mats to craft furniture.
    So far after the first couple weeks of homestead ive managed to collect 3 pieces of hartwood and 0 bast.
    At this rate I am sure eventually, one day in the far far future ill have enough to craft a bed and maybe a chair.
    Until then, there is no point in purchasing a large house.
    Edited by Myyth on February 27, 2017 5:13PM
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Organic wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I will not buy one of these ridiculously overpriced monstrosities until they significantly improve their quality AND the far too low player cap.

That player cap is ridiculous given the largest homes will serve as guild housing! They're instanced. They should be able to allow 50-100 players in the zone, especially since there are no mounts, and inside/outside the home require load times.

There needs to be far more up-front notice about player caps. What's the point in having anyone able to travel to visit a primary residence if I can't even get all of my very small guild in at the same time?

I must agree about the instance caps. At least for the manors if nothing else. The caps don't fully make sense to me.

Thankfully though my interest does not lie in having a ton of people around but more towards dueling for a few groups of friends so I can live with current cap but I definitely agree it needs
    an increase.
    Options
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    I had a lot of gold saved up and nothing in mind that I was saving for, so I bought Daggerfall for the title and because I love castles. Then I bought a smaller house near writ boards/merchant/bank for my alts to park at. But then yesterday I was wandering around and fell in love with Sleek Creek, so I ended up buying that too and shuffling some stuff there... and I'm starting to think if this trend continues that my lovely castle will be deserted and forgotten.

But hey, my characters will still get to be called Lady. Not a total loss.

Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gave my GF most of my ingame gold so she could get her house first, so now I'm saving up for the 2nd largest Khajiit one for 1.3mil, after that I'm aiming for the 3-4mil AD one.

Rekt
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    I spent all my gold on Daggerfall Overlook (I didn't have enough gold to buy it right at Homestead launch, but I wasn't far off so it didn't take me long to get there - doing 48 writs per day actually gets you a decent amount of gold per day). I'm not sitting on enough crowns to buy any of the manors, but after my subscription renews I'll have enough (or if there's a crown sale earlier I might buy some), so at that point there's a good chance I'll buy another one, or the island.

I really haven't done much with my manor yet, other than installing a diving board for cliff diving and building a wall walk so I can actually overlook Daggerfall from Daggerfall Overlook.

Eventually I plan to fill it with crafting stations attuned to DLC sets so that guildies without access to the DLCs can come and craft set items there. I'll be starting off with Imperial City sets, since those ones can be a pain to get to even if you do have the DLC. This is a long term goal, though, as I'll need a lot of writ vouchers to buy those attunable crafting stations (I've got enough to buy 2 of them now, so I can't even have all 3 stations for a single set yet).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    i bought serenity falls for crowns and hundings palatial hall for gold.

and i preordered morrowind...
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    I bought one with crowns. I have plenty of gold to buy one, but in ZOS's infinite wisdom (no sarcasm) they frankly made it cheaper with crowns. Even at minimum wage you can make the crowns required in a few hours. Can't say the same thing about how long it takes to make 3
    Million plus gold.
    Options
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    No...

Maybe one day, with gold.

But for now, I've got enough on my hands with Black Vine Villa and the three free rooms (although i bought one of them, as I have no AD characters)

BVV: Primary residence.
    Mara's Kiss: DB Shrine
    Ebony Flask: Warehouse
    The other one: Wedding Chapel (at least... it has the big white wedding thing in it...)
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
    Options
  • Kendo12
    Kendo12
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    They are too dark and you can't move over some places like walls
    Options
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    Bought one.
    What did I learn (personal opinion)?

Fun to play about with? Yes, definitely do I have fun decoration the thing.

Crafting?
    Nope. Highly frustrating because one needs a High Level Crafting Character
    in several disciplines. The best crafting patterns need one Char being able to craft in two, or even three
    Crafting disciplines.

Harvesting Crafting resources?
    Highly frustration to the point I want to flay the people who made this so. What where they thinking?
    Most likely a business decision on their part so people buy from the Crown Shop.

Housing functionality?
    At the moment just a Prop with no real purpose other than having fun decorating
    and to brag about being a clever decorator.

Final assessment (my personal opinion) 20% of what housing actually could be, and
    100% not worth buying unless you are an avid decorator.

So, if you like decorating (like I do) buy.
    If you do not like decorating you will find houses (at this time) mostly useless.

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting on the crown exclusive the guild voted on to use as a guild hall.

Also, I like Mathiisen better than any of the manors.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options