The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Who actually bought Manors? With Crown or gold.

Nelson_Rebel
Nelson_Rebel
✭✭✭✭✭
So this is partly out of curiosity, and partly out of boredom. I'm wondering how the average gamer views the value of these ingame purchases.

This is not a complaint post, just gauging the communities thoughts on here.

*EDIT*

Just wanted to give a notification to everyone interested, it seems about half of everyone who bought manors either 1 or all 3 manors they used gold as a means of buying it. Just in case you were curious about the statistics. So 29% is really 14%Gold bought and 15%crown bought respectively.

The numbers got worse when I used an ingame
method of determining how many PS4 NA players bought Manors with Gold to Crown Ratio. Horrendously actually. Less than 50people In every single zone I was able to get responses from purchased Manors and only a handful used crowns. I'll have to continue throughout the month to get better estimates but I feel like ZOS missed a chance here to capitalize on Profits.

Now of course when taking into consideration all platforms combined I'm sure ZoS has made some profit, But with the staggering Gold buyouts and combination of other free or Ingame gold methods I don't see the difference being different in ratios from what I've found.

So to ZoS, trust me We WANT to spend money and support your game, and your jobs and people there who do amazing jobs. But you're going to have to give people a reason to do so, either lowering prices to increase better yields of profit or add more incentives to housing with current prices. Storage alone would change the mind of nearly 30% of players and have them happily spending money for Housing. How is this a bad thing? Literally every single person I've encountered who hasn't bought a house has said they are willing to spend money if storage was at least available in some format. I'm trying to help, you're missing out on a huge player base willing to give you money.
Edited by Nelson_Rebel on March 1, 2017 5:34AM

Who actually bought Manors? With Crown or gold. 297 votes

I bought a Manor
29%
SlurgDeadlyRecluseRastafarielFreemanhedna123b14_ESOSigtricJsmallsArrerBoywenchmore420b14_ESODJ_PandatrippMadyIruil_ESOShadowHvoLark82jedtb16_ESOAlienSlofThe_SpAwNPyr0xyrecuprotitedreamfarerNifty2g 88 votes
I bought all three, Make it rain
4%
NestorValvefreespiritStillianfalcasternub18_ESODerpyShadowzPE_BagaturDamianosJaybe_MawfakaVoxicityVipstaakkiYo_DonnoIsellskoomaMoppin 14 votes
I'm waiting for crown exclusives to buy
8%
KrivasrancavakthestampedeBriolaseleeuxAdernathRawstradiostarMissBizznil101BalamoorshadelonBlutengelEocosaVoodooPlatypusHexkittythisisScoManVereaux078ldzlcs065HEBREWHAMMERRRNightbladeMechanics 24 votes
Pre-ordered Morrowind instead. Housing is lame
19%
Uriel_NocturneKochDerDamonenOrganicPhilhypeDarkstorneaubrey.baconb16_ESOcosmic_niklas_93b16_ESOidkAthenrilBlazedontAstraliRohausRajajshkaMashillemingh615azoriangamingMgghoolTwylaaKronuxximredneckson 59 votes
Other
37%
GrunimImryllTabbycatElloanexxus_ESOtdannay_ESOEggzieNewBlacksmurfAlMcFlydaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdeepseamk20b14_ESODaveMoeDeeotis67WalkingLegacyCpt_TeemoBlackSparrowSchwa83b14_ESOssewallb14_ESOc0rpTurelus 112 votes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Waiting to buy one with gold as it gives me something to work towards and a reason to sell items.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I will not buy one of these ridiculously overpriced monstrosities until they significantly improve their quality AND the far too low player cap.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    I bought a manor with gold, mainly for guildies to play around with.

However, player-built dueling arenas are STILL nonfunctional due to knockback pushing you through walls/floors, and ZOS has yet to comment on that.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Waiting to buy one with gold as it gives me something to work towards and a reason to sell items.

I agree, but I did address that in the poll question with crown or gold purchases

Thank you for your input
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on February 27, 2017 1:40PM
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought Mathiisen with crowns from my sub. There's been nowt else to purchase for crowns for months now.
    Options
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I have not even done the free room quest...
    Options
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    Bought one with crowns so I can use my ingame gold to furnish it. I only want one. Not chasing the achievment.
    Edited by Jimbullbee85 on February 27, 2017 1:41PM
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
    Options
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Just normal, neutral: "No"
    Options
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instanced housing is useless. I see very little benefit other than "playing house"... But why would I want to do that instead of PVE/PVP in an Elder Scrolls MMO? Not going to buy one at all.
    Edited by AlexanderDeLarge on February 27, 2017 1:42PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
    Options
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Gave my GF most of my ingame gold so she could get her house first, so now I'm saving up for the 2nd largest Khajiit one for 1.3mil, after that I'm aiming for the 3-4mil AD one.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
    Options
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I am saving my gold for a manor.
    Options
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am waiting for a Crown sale... but since I pre ordered the Collector's Edition for Morrowind I guess I have to vote for that one? :wink:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instanced housing is useless. I see very little benefit other than "playing house"... But why would I want to do that instead of PVE/PVP in an Elder Scrolls MMO? Not going to buy one at all.

This is certainly a fair point. I think it's more of an artificial time sink for people who want to play ESO but have already accomplished pretty much all else with the main exception being VmoL as that content is reserved for the highest end gamers and will never be completed by the vast majority of the games community.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    Bought with gold.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Got the beach palace with crowns from subbing. Would take me forever to get the gold in game (seeing as mostly been pvp'ing).

But now levelling up alts I'd not played in a while for gold/ mats / patterns so all good.

And just love the place. So don't care if it means I am sad for actually buying one.
    Options
  • obscure7
    obscure7
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    I'm having a lot of fun building stuff on the outside and making Uncle Sheo proud with my interior decorating.
    PC NA
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I brought a smaller home with crowns furnished less than 1500.

Used that furniture to start on Hundings.

Can't see spending $50-$80 on a virtual item
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I invested all my gold when I came back 2 months ago into motifs, only had the 1.0 basic motifs now everything besides 9 pages of akaviri. I probably could've had 2 manors instead but whats the point just cosmetic for now and motifs actually do something in game
    Options
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I've got just under 2m, I'm still trying to decide whether to save up for a manor or to get one of the 1.3m places
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    With gold of course. I wanted the title for my level 10 bank alt.

I'll get around to the others eventually, but at this point they'd sit mostly empty anyway, and I'm in no hurry. I enjoy houses with nice outdoor space more.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    Contemplating it for the titles but I much preferred other houses. If I do decide the titles are worth it, I will buy them with gold and they will be undecorated. (Domus Phrasticus and Strident Springs are my favorites. I'll spend time filling those)
    Options
  • ThePaulrus94
    ThePaulrus94
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I haven't reached max level in crafting yet and see little point to purchase a home until I can craft a large amount of furniture. Therefore, I'm just taking my time to earn up money, crafting mats, and find the different blueprints etc. I figure I'll buy a house eventually when I've amassed a large fortune and am max crafting. Also haven't purchased Morrowind yet but am 90% sure I will.
    Edited by ThePaulrus94 on February 27, 2017 2:07PM
    Options
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Island is the only house I'm interested in. Everything else is Meh, won't waste gold or real money on this stuff. As days go by I'm losing interest in the Island, as I can see what kind of grind I'm in for. ZOS should have had it available for purchase on day one of housing.
    NA/PC
    Options
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    My sub re-ups in June, which will give me a bunch of Crowns to play with. At that time, I will use those Crowns either to buy Ebonheart Chateau, or to get one of the Morrowind houses. It all depends on what options are available in the expansion.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Options
  • xari228
    xari228
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I think this will probably be a minority situation, but I actually find most of the Large and Manor houses to be too BIG for my taste/needs.

So, I purchased a couple small places with Crowns (in order to get the furniture I wanted) and then purchased Ravenhurst with Gold and filled it with that furniture.

Even so, I'm really only using the first floor of Ravenhurst (and its garden, of course). I've set it up with my bed, desk, dining room table and a pew by the fire and I'm loving having a private space to re-evaulate my Skills and Inventory before and after adventuring. :)

Platform: PS4/NA | Alliance: AD
    Options
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a Manor
    Bought furnished with Crowns. Can earn the real life money for it WAY faster by working a few extra hours of overtime over the weekend to pay for it. I like to enjoy playing the game with the more limited time I have due to having a wife and working 50 hours/week as an Engineer rather than worry about having to furnishing a home in game. This way I get to just enjoy it and work towards a couple of the achievement items I want to place in my home.
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I will not buy one of these ridiculously overpriced monstrosities until they significantly improve their quality AND the far too low player cap.

I agree the pricing for the area received is a bit excessive. Hopefully they add in more options as we progress
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on February 27, 2017 3:01PM
    Options
  • LordSock
    LordSock
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Waiting on storage option.
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought all three, Make it rain
    Gold
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I have no interest in housing, but if my coffers were perpetually overflowing, I would buy all the houses just to please the completionist in me.
    Options