The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden Class Skills (what we know so far - Updated!)

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Vaoh where you got the morphs info of green balance and winter's embrace from?
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Phatmattfu
    Phatmattfu
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like they are really trying to create a class that can be effective with a ranged stamina build finally. I suppose it's easier to do this through class skills than through a new weapon since that has an impact on ALL classes. Either way, I am super excited about it.
    I've stopped even bothering with my NB and will be focusing on leveling a tank instead for dailies until morrowind drops lol.

No its like they are trying to create a class with only 4 offensive skills and expect it to do well. LOL

I've been playing a stam sorc since console release. 4 offensive skills seems like a bunch to me.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not impressed with this class, I wanted to be but the effects are god aweful and it hits with all the force of a week old salad. Also that thunder bug aoe... that's one of the single dumbest looking effects I've ever seen :/
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like they are really trying to create a class that can be effective with a ranged stamina build finally. I suppose it's easier to do this through class skills than through a new weapon since that has an impact on ALL classes. Either way, I am super excited about it.
    I've stopped even bothering with my NB and will be focusing on leveling a tank instead for dailies until morrowind drops lol.

No its like they are trying to create a class with only 4 offensive skills and expect it to do well. LOL

I am also concerned about the low amount of offensive spells the warden has, think they should also let artic wind and impaling shards damage also scale normally with max mag and spell dmge

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

I am also concerned about the low amount of offensive spells the warden has, think they should also let artic wind and impaling shards damage also scale normally with max mag and spell dmge

To be honest most classes really don't use that many of their "offensive" skills. And I think you can get a really good rotation combining the class skills with weapon skills as both magicka and stamina. And I am happy the Warden has some nice stuff for tanks that can greatly benefit the group with a little bit of damage to if specced in the right way, above their great buff tools and Crown Control.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest most classes really don't use that many of their "offensive" skills. And I think you can get a really good rotation combining the class skills with weapon skills as both magicka and stamina. And I am happy the Warden has some nice stuff for tanks that can greatly benefit the group with a little bit of damage to if specced in the right way, above their great buff tools and Crown Control.

But unless i'm missing something, Warden has only 3: Dive, Scorch an Swarm. Even compairing with sorcs which are the class with the lowest amount (frags, curse, liquid, fury, and then you got the scamp and even bound aegis can be considered an offensive spell), that seems quite concerning.

So unless tooltip values are really strong for those 3 offensive spells, i can't really see how the warden can compete dps wise. Thus i think arctic wind and impaling shard should have a magicka scaling component too.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on April 5, 2017 6:04PM

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Vaoh where you got the morphs info of green balance and winter's embrace from?
    @SanTii.92
    PAX East and from those who played the class earlier in testing. Those skills will be updated a lot more when the next ESO Live arrives.

For now we have pretty much finalized Animal Companions thanks to the recent ESO Live.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 5, 2017 6:13PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stannum wrote: »
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Another interesting thing I thought of is that warden tanks will be able to regenerate stamina (or magicka) while blocking via the netch. Could be useful

Say you use Stamina to block then if you max out block cost reduction the lowest possible is 88 per hit and you can be hit tops once every 0.5s. The netch for a max leveled toon gives roughly 80 per 0.5s. 3555 over 22s. Combine that with 7 Heavy armor constitution which gives 1302 every 4s which equals to 162.75 every 0.5s you get a regen of ~242 every 0.5s and if someone hits you it would cost you 88 and you would still gain 154 stamina every 0.5s. This is assuming no change to constitution or block cost of course.

Magicka has its lowest possible block cost down to 207 so doing the same thing but with magicka netch and you would still gain 35 magicka every 0.5s. However unlike stamina were you could do with just using 5 heavy amagicka build would have to use all 7 heavy to gain magicka instead of losing it. All of this is while perma blocking.

Some math to consider regarding that :tongue:
    There is also magickasteal debuff that can provide you 400 magika/sec while you spam stamina atacks.

I wonder if magicka steal procs for you when your bear attacks the target?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    @SanTii.92
    PAX East and from those who played the class earlier in testing. Those skills will be updated a lot more when the next ESO Live arrives.

For now we have pretty much finalized Animal Companions thanks to the recent ESO Live.

Ah i knew about some of these but you manage to gather almost all, very nice!

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @SanTii.92

Us playtesters also helped to fill in gaps where we remembered. Something have been changed since PAX like we saw on the last ESO Live and I am sure we will see the rest of the changes with the next ESO live when they said they would go through the other 2 skill lines.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SanTii.92

Us playtesters also helped to fill in gaps where we remembered. Something have been changed since PAX like we saw on the last ESO Live and I am sure we will see the rest of the changes with the next ESO live when they said they would go through the other 2 skill lines.

yea, excited about that. hopes for impaling shards morph 2 to be a dps one!

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to lean more and more towards a stamina warden tank. Permablocking with the bull netch sounds good, and I really want to use selenes monster set on my warden at least when soloing, it just matches the class theme too good to pass up. As a tank the physical dps bear morph will probably be a better option, it shouldn't die much if I'm taunting enemies onto myself, and it can help make up for the lack of damage tanks usually suffer.

Still, I'm not sure I want to give up frost staff as a back bar weapon. The synergy between elemental blockade and ice shards looks incredible for aoe tanking - area damage, snare, root, and minor maim all together in a couple skills. I just don't know how to make it work effectively if I'm focused on stamina over magicka.

I'd like to stick with black rose as one of my sets, since the resource changes coming to cp are going to necessitate as many other sources of resource recovery as possible. Black rose with constitution should be entirely suitable as a sustain set. What to pair with it though? Hunding's rage for more damage? Pelinals aptitude for more effective magicka abilities? A tanking set, either for group support or mitigation? Tough calls. I'm holding out on putting my prismatic glyphs on any gear until I can decide for sure.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank