The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden Class Skills (what we know so far - Updated!)

• Phatmattfu
    Phatmattfu
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Phatmattfu wrote: »
    GaldorP wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone can answer this or if it has been answered already but I would be really curious to know what stats affect the Warden's summoned animals performance, including the bear, the haj mota, the cliff racer, and the flecherflies.

I'm going to assume that the Stamina morphs of these skills deal more damage when the player has more Max Stamina and that the damage of the Magicka morphs will scale with the player's Max Magicka.

But do Weapon Power/Spell Power and/or Weapon Crit/Spell Crit carry over to any of the summons' attacks? And which summoned animals (if any) can proc set bonus effects with their attacks?

Edit: Forgot a few things: Armor Penetration/Spell Penetration and Crit Damage bonus.

I'm also curious about this, more specifically the bear summon.
    As the rest of the animal companion line are spells for all intents and purposes.

Animal companion spells will be affected by all stats.

As for the bear I'd really like someone to tell me if all the stats affect it. As far as I know, the only stats that benefit the Bear ultimate would be Max resource and crit. Anyone know if penetration or spell/weapon dmg affect it? I'd imagine it works the same way as the Storm Atronach, but I couldn't find a lot of current information about it either.

I'm in the same boat. I thought about using dreugh king slayer for the major brutality, but no idea if it will effect the damage bear morph or not.

I need to get a target dummy and test out the storm atronach. I'm sure it will behave the same way as the bear. If anyone has done it already though it would be nice haha

I'm going to use Necropotence and Mothers Sorrow on my magicka warden to make sure I get a nice beefy bear.
    I think you're going more of a tank route Lynx? Might be hard to fit in Draugr hulk or leviathan as a tank hehe. (Although, Draugr Hulk jewelry and weapons would be a nice chunk of stamina)
    Edited by Phatmattfu on March 21, 2017 3:34PM
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this class is bound to be pretty bad for solo players, It was after all originally removed content and not anything special, It also has nothing to do with the DLC that is it is a part of, also the whole ice magic thing just doesn't suit the whole theme of the Warden, They seem to be all about giving life where as Ice magic is more about "Cold and Death" and should of been saved for a Necromancer class or something.

I have to admit I kind of see things the same way with the Frost seeming out of place with the Warden. Considering this is more meant to be ESOs "Ranger" class, it would have been better to remove the Frost skill line and have some skills that enhanced bow combat, much like the nightblade has skills to improve upon two-hand fighting. The Frost and Green just seem to be polar opposites of one another.

Secondly, I think the Frost would have been better saved for a Skyrim expansion whereas the Warden class, with the Druid/Ranger type theme, would have been better saved for a Sumerset Isle expansion. The class just seems so out of place for Morrowind on a number of different angles.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For those asking about the Bear ultimate. First I don't remember if any of the morphs had the Bears damage be physical instead of magickal but here is something you might want to know. Ultimate's scales of off your highest stats. So if your Max Magicka and spell damage is higher than your Max Stamina and Weapon damage it will be scaling of the magicka but if its the opposite it will of course flip it. This goes for ALL ultimate's as far as I know. This technically means that using Meteor as as a stamina user would be just as good as for a magicka user if it wasn't for one thing. CP. The CP into Elemental Expert or Mighty will change the stats of the ultimate and will only change the ultimates strenghts if it has the right damage type. So you could use the Bear as a stamina user even if its all magic damage but your CP won't be boosting it. It can still be viable thou, and as I said I don't remember if there was a physical morph cause I didn't play with it during the play test cause I tested the wardens tank potential and not damage.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized that the Shall Exoskeleton set would be ideal for Wardens. If the Healing Thicket ultimate truly does only cost 75 ultimate. Between the Fighters Guild Passives, Major Heroism from their Winters brace Crystallized Shield, and the Minor Heroism from Exoskeleton, you could have the ultimate up permanently

Well if you always fight against magicka based enemies using projectiles, the Major Heroism only works if you absorb spell projectiles.

Hm lets see 75 ultimate and it lasts for 6s. Over 6s you get 18 ultimate from base regen. minor heroism will give you 4 over that time. So that's 22. If we go off how much Ultimate the Major Heroism from Last Stand gives a 6s interval will give you 14 ultimate. Now up to 36. Lets say we use the morph that gives you 20 Ultimate back when you use it on a low health ally. That's 56. Now even if we say that you also use dragonguard with that you would still be shy by 8 ultimate. So you would then also have to kill an undead of daedra every 6s minimum for this to be up permanently. Now you can have it up really fast an often, but not permanently. So many things would have to stack up for that to happen.

Its close though you could use things like bloodspawn as well.

75 ult:

18 over 6s
    20 from morph
    4 from warden passive
    Bloodspawn proc 15
    Shalks exoskeleton 1.5/s = 9 (minor heorism)
    Major heroism 3/s = 18

Thats 84, of course thats with a bs proc and minor/major which aren't hard to get.

You technically could drops that ult on cooldown but at the very least will be close to dropping it on cooldown.

Depends on how much the hot does.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bearI like, not sure what to make of the rest, until we see it it's just going to be a good reason to finally make that Kajhit I've been meaning to do. A cat, a bear and a great sword, sounds okay :/
    Edited by Integral1900 on March 21, 2017 6:07PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.jpg

Yea guys, trees and bears and ice totally don't go together.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just realized that the Shall Exoskeleton set would be ideal for Wardens. If the Healing Thicket ultimate truly does only cost 75 ultimate. Between the Fighters Guild Passives, Major Heroism from their Winters brace Crystallized Shield, and the Minor Heroism from Exoskeleton, you could have the ultimate up permanently

Well if you always fight against magicka based enemies using projectiles, the Major Heroism only works if you absorb spell projectiles.

Hm lets see 75 ultimate and it lasts for 6s. Over 6s you get 18 ultimate from base regen. minor heroism will give you 4 over that time. So that's 22. If we go off how much Ultimate the Major Heroism from Last Stand gives a 6s interval will give you 14 ultimate. Now up to 36. Lets say we use the morph that gives you 20 Ultimate back when you use it on a low health ally. That's 56. Now even if we say that you also use dragonguard with that you would still be shy by 8 ultimate. So you would then also have to kill an undead of daedra every 6s minimum for this to be up permanently. Now you can have it up really fast an often, but not permanently. So many things would have to stack up for that to happen.

Its close though you could use things like bloodspawn as well.

75 ult:

18 over 6s
    20 from morph
    4 from warden passive
    Bloodspawn proc 15
    Shalks exoskeleton 1.5/s = 9 (minor heorism)
    Major heroism 3/s = 18

Thats 84, of course thats with a bs proc and minor/major which aren't hard to get.

You technically could drops that ult on cooldown but at the very least will be close to dropping it on cooldown.

Depends on how much the hot does.

The problem is that Bloodspawn does not proc that often, it really doesn't. 6% Chance on hit is not a lot. If you get hit say once every 0.5s then its will only proc every other 2nd rotation of the ultimate. And lets not forget it has a 6s cooldown. So on average you will only get the 15 ultimate every 3rd ultimate rotation. And the Minor Heroism would give you 4 ultimate per rotation not 9 cause its 1 ultimate every 1.5s which makes 6s/1.5=4. And the Major Heroism is extremely situational, it only works against spell projectiles. So it won't work against archers and it won't work against channels, and obviously if you fight melees it won't work either, another thing is you said Major Heroism counts as 18 but its 18 over 8s and if you want 100% uptime you need to count how much that is over 6s which would be 18/8 which would be 2.25/s which is 13.5 ultimate in 6s. (Side note, I remember the Major Heroism from the Wardens crystals gave numbers that were different from the CP Last stand so there will be small differences there but I went with the numbers I had in front of me.) So yea you could have high up time on the ultimate but not even close to 100%
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is junk. When do we get to cast that blasted winter's reach? Gg zos.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like they're trying for the Warden to be good at everything, but seems very much like a jack-of-all-trades yet master-of-none kind of deal, although that may well change depending on the values they give each ability.

Personally it sounds like a lousy dps as it seems like most of the abilities would have really long animations (i.e. low downtime = low dps), but of course that's also dependent on values. I don't like that all the good ability morphs seem to be magicka, and then the other morph is just making them stam, it's just furthering the gap between magicka and stamina, and you'd think Animal abilities would be more akin to stamina than magicka anyway.

I think it'll probably accel as a tank as it has a lot of damage reduction and useful skills like the ability to restore magicka or stamina via the Crystallized Shield (of course it only works with projectiles) and also a nice heal that benefits health build. The portal ability could be interesting as a way to pick up an important target first and making taunting perhaps easier (depends on the exact way it works), but if it applies to bosses I can't help but feel that it'll be able to enable a lot of messed up exploits (out of bounds, etc.) and will likely also have to be changed after we see how pvp is affected by it (I'm sure it'll be the cause of a lot of grief, no doubt).

The healing seems a bit hard to judge and I'd have to see it in action to really tell if it's worth much.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just a clarification for a noob - why is it relevant if the ultimate ability has a physical morph? i though ultimate abilities always scale from the highest stat so it woulnd't be relevant?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just a clarification for a noob - why is it relevant if the ultimate ability has a physical morph? i though ultimate abilities always scale from the highest stat so it woulnd't be relevant?

It scales better with your champion points.

When you get like 25% extra Physical/Poison/Disease damage (plus lots of extra critical damage and penetration) it boosts your Ult damage a massive amount.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

It scales better with your champion points.

When you get like 25% extra Physical/Poison/Disease damage (plus lots of extra critical damage and penetration) it boosts your Ult damage a massive amount.

thx, sorry, i have to get a better grasp, i just reached lvl 50 with one char

hmmm i wanted to make a dw berserker inspired warden...seems this might not be a great option? combining dw with ice staff probably wont make a lot of sense neither since its split magicka / stamina....

it seems a ice / resto staff makes for most synergies of the build? maybe you can do some bow build as well...now im a bit sad
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fungal growth....time to see a doctor :o
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope there will be a good balance of morphs to make either a magicka or stamina build...i think both lead to very interesting play types as well as rpg archetypes...a guild wars 2 type 2h ranger could be fun...master of the hunt combined with sword singer is something that looks interesting...
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Animal Companions

Active Skills

Ult. Bear Guardian
    Cast Time - 2.5 seconds
    Target - Self
    Summon a loyal grizzly to fight at your side. The grizzly's swipe deals X Magic Damage every 1 second until slain.

Once summoned, you can activate Guardian's Wrath for 75 Ultimate, causing X Magic Damage. targets under 25% health take 100% additional damage.

Morph 1: Increases execute damage value. (might be a Stamina morph!)
    Morph 2: When killed the bear will instantly respawn, with a cooldown of 1 minute.

- - -

1. Cliff Racer
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Enemy
    Range - 28 meters
    Call a cliff racer to dive bomb the enemy, dealing X Magic Damage.

Morph 1:
    If dealing damage from greater than 15m, deal 15% more damage

Morph 2: Converts into a Stamina skill.

- - -

2. Subterranean Assault
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Area
    Radius - 5 meters
    Duration - 10 seconds
    Summon a Haj Mota that charges ahead of you after 3 seconds and deals X Magic Damage to all enemies in its wake.

Morph 1: Also applies Major Fracture for 15 seconds and converts to a Stamina ability.
    Morph 2: The first target hit is stunned for 3 seconds.

- - -

3. Flecherflies Swarm
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Enemy
    Range - 28 meters
    Radius - 10 meters
    Duration - 10 seconds
    Unleash a swarm of fletcherflies to relentlessly attack an enemy, dealing X Magic Damage over 10 seconds.

Morph 1: Can be recasted again before expiration to deal extra damage.
    Morph 2: When ability ends, flecherflies infect up to 6 new targets.

- - -

4. Blue Betty
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Self
    Duration - 25 seconds
    Call a Betty Netch that restores X Magicka over 25 seconds. Gain Major Sorcery increasing spell damage by 20% for 30 seconds.

This ability also removes 1 negative effect.

Morph 1: Returns Stamina and grants Major Brutality instead. No longer purges.
    Morph 2: ?

- - -

5. Bird of Prey
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Self
    Duration - 10 seconds
    Cater gains Major Expedition, increasing movement speed by 30% for 10 seconds and Major Endurance increasing stamina recovery for 20% over 10 second.

Morph 1: Gain Minor Beserk, increasing damage done by 8% for 10 seconds.
    Morph 2: Gain Minor Evasion, increasing dodge chance by 5% for 10 seconds.

- - -

Passive Skills

Bond with Nature
    When one of your animal companions is killed or unsummoned, you're restored 1386 Health.

- - -

Savage Beast
    Damaging an enemy with an Animal Companion ability grants 4 Ultimate. This effect has a cooldown of 8 seconds.

- - -

Flourish
    Increase your Magicka and Stamina recovery by 12% if an Animal Companion ability is slotted.

- - -

Advanced Species
    Increases your damage done for Animal Companion abilities by 2% for each Animal Companion ability slotted.

Quick note from the ESO live:
    • The Bears Execute Morph is confirmed to be Stamina morph with physical damage
    • Haj Mota changed to shalks, added Major breach on top of Major fracture on stamina morph of shalks
    • 1st morph of Fletcherflies is no longer 75% more damage if cast before skill expires its now that every 2nd cast is 75% more.
    • The Netch no longer has a cost. Major sorcery is on the base netch which is magicka. magicka morph has major sorcery and purges 1 effect, morph 2 is stamina with major brutality.
    Edited by paulsimonps on April 1, 2017 7:45PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animal Companions

Active Skills

Ult. Bear Guardian
    Cast Time - 2.5 seconds
    Target - Self
    Summon a loyal grizzly to fight at your side. The grizzly's swipe deals X Magic Damage every 1 second until slain.

Once summoned, you can activate Guardian's Wrath for 75 Ultimate, causing X Magic Damage. targets under 25% health take 100% additional damage.

Morph 2: When killed the bear will instantly respawn, with a cooldown of 1 minute.

- - -

1. Cliff Racer
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Enemy
    Range - 28 meters

Morph 1:

- - -

2. Subterranean Assault
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Area
    Radius - 5 meters
    Duration - 10 seconds
    Summon a Haj Mota that charges ahead of you after 3 seconds and deals X Magic Damage to all enemies in its wake.

Morph 1: Also applies Major Fracture for 15 seconds and converts to a Stamina ability.

- - -

3. Flecherflies Swarm
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Enemy
    Range - 28 meters
    Radius - 10 meters
    Duration - 10 seconds
    Unleash a swarm of fletcherflies to relentlessly attack an enemy, dealing X Magic Damage over 10 seconds.

- - -

4. Blue Betty
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Self
    Duration - 25 seconds
    Call a Betty Netch that restores X Magicka over 25 seconds. Gain Major Sorcery increasing spell damage by 20% for 30 seconds.

- - -

5. Bird of Prey
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Self
    Duration - 10 seconds
    Cater gains Major Expedition, increasing movement speed by 30% for 10 seconds and Major Endurance increasing stamina recovery for 20% over 10 second.

- - -

Passive Skills

Bond with Nature
    When one of your animal companions is killed or unsummoned, you're restored 1386 Health.

- - -

Savage Beast
    Damaging an enemy with an Animal Companion ability grants 4 Ultimate. This effect has a cooldown of 8 seconds.

- - -

Flourish
    Increase your Magicka and Stamina recovery by 12% if an Animal Companion ability is slotted.

- - -

Advanced Species
    Increases your damage done for Animal Companion abilities by 2% for each Animal Companion ability slotted.

• Haj Mota changed to shalks, added Major breach on top of Major fracture on stamina morph of shalks
    • 1st morph of Fletcherflies is no longer 75% more damage if cast before skill expires its now that every 2nd cast is 75% more.
    • The Netch no longer has a cost. Major sorcery is on the base netch which is magicka. magicka morph has major sorcery and purges 1 effect, morph 2 is stamina with major brutality.

Both bear morphs have the execute, the stamina/Physical morph just gets 12%more damage
    PS4 / NA
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animal Companions

Active Skills

Ult. Bear Guardian
    Cast Time - 2.5 seconds
    Target - Self

- - -

1. Cliff Racer
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Enemy
    Range - 28 meters

Morph 1:

- - -

2. Subterranean Assault
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Area
    Radius - 5 meters
    Duration - 10 seconds

- - -

3. Flecherflies Swarm
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Enemy
    Range - 28 meters
    Radius - 10 meters
    Duration - 10 seconds

- - -

4. Blue Betty
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Self
    Duration - 25 seconds

- - -

5. Bird of Prey
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Self
    Duration - 10 seconds

- - -

Passive Skills

Bond with Nature

- - -

Savage Beast

- - -

Flourish

- - -

Advanced Species

I'm gonna go back and rewatch the last ESO Live to get every single skill and morph description correct. They were much more finalized yesterday.

Ty for the reminder though :)
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Animal Companions

Active Skills

Ult. Bear Guardian
    Cast Time - 2.5 seconds
    Target - Self

- - -

1. Cliff Racer
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Enemy
    Range - 28 meters

Morph 1:

- - -

2. Subterranean Assault
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Area
    Radius - 5 meters
    Duration - 10 seconds

- - -

3. Flecherflies Swarm
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Enemy
    Range - 28 meters
    Radius - 10 meters
    Duration - 10 seconds

- - -

4. Blue Betty
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Self
    Duration - 25 seconds

- - -

5. Bird of Prey
    Cast Time - Instant
    Target - Self
    Duration - 10 seconds

- - -

Passive Skills

Bond with Nature

- - -

Savage Beast

- - -

Flourish

- - -

Advanced Species

Both bear morphs have the execute, the stamina/Physical morph just gets 12%more damage

yea sorry I just read the description on the post so that's why I called it that :tongue:
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Already have a Stamina Build planned with Bow and Dual Wield.
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like OP.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's becoming harder and harder for me to decide on a build for my warden.

On the one hand, Ive always wanted a viable hybrid character and this -might- be the best opportunity for it, but I'll still have all the game mechanics working against me there.

On the other hand, I really like playing stamina characters despite how weak they are at the moment, and feel the warden would make a really good stamina class. Then again, that would force me into a dps role where I'd never be able to get into dungeon groups, and I've never been particularly good at dps on any class.

On the other other hand (tail?), I want a frost based warden tank, but that means less focus on the good bits of a stamina warden (like selenes monster set or the dps bear morph).

So difficult...
    PS4 / NA
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭

On the one hand, Ive always wanted a viable hybrid character and this -might- be the best opportunity for it, but I'll still have all the game mechanics working against me there.

On the other hand, I really like playing stamina characters despite how weak they are at the moment, and feel the warden would make a really good stamina class. Then again, that would force me into a dps role where I'd never be able to get into dungeon groups, and I've never been particularly good at dps on any class.

On the other other hand (tail?), I want a frost based warden tank, but that means less focus on the good bits of a stamina warden (like selenes monster set or the dps bear morph).

So difficult...

I'm going to try experimental dps-tank based on 5 med and stamina but with frost-stick for blocking. That should be enough for 4-men dngns and has good potential for PvP.
    Edited by Stannum on April 5, 2017 7:01AM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stannum wrote: »

So difficult...

I'm going to try experimental dps-tank based on 5 med and stamina but with frost-stick for blocking. That should be enough for 4-men dngns and has God potential for PvP.

I Was also thinking about dreugh king slayer for a warden tank. Major brutality at all times, and I could still use the berry netch for cleanse and sorcery to keep the few magicka abilities decent.

Also thought about pelinals aptitude for the warden but I'm not as sold on that set.

I'm a little curious about combining dreugh king slayer with hunding's rage or powerful assault for even more weapon damage without losing too much tankiness. Hunding's can be made in heavy.

I still want to back bar a frost staff for Blockade + ice shards as a way to snare/immobilize and chill/maim groups of enemies though
    PS4 / NA
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another interesting thing I thought of is that warden tanks will be able to regenerate stamina (or magicka) while blocking via the netch. Could be useful
    PS4 / NA
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another interesting thing I thought of is that warden tanks will be able to regenerate stamina (or magicka) while blocking via the netch. Could be useful

Say you use Stamina to block then if you max out block cost reduction the lowest possible is 88 per hit and you can be hit tops once every 0.5s. The netch for a max leveled toon gives roughly 80 per 0.5s. 3555 over 22s. Combine that with 7 Heavy armor constitution which gives 1302 every 4s which equals to 162.75 every 0.5s you get a regen of ~242 every 0.5s and if someone hits you it would cost you 88 and you would still gain 154 stamina every 0.5s. This is assuming no change to constitution or block cost of course.

Magicka has its lowest possible block cost down to 207 so doing the same thing but with magicka netch and you would still gain 35 magicka every 0.5s. However unlike stamina were you could do with just using 5 heavy amagicka build would have to use all 7 heavy to gain magicka instead of losing it. All of this is while perma blocking.

Some math to consider regarding that :tongue:
    Edited by paulsimonps on April 5, 2017 4:57AM
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭

Say you use Stamina to block then if you max out block cost reduction the lowest possible is 88 per hit and you can be hit tops once every 0.5s. The netch for a max leveled toon gives roughly 80 per 0.5s. 3555 over 22s. Combine that with 7 Heavy armor constitution which gives 1302 every 4s which equals to 162.75 every 0.5s you get a regen of ~242 every 0.5s and if someone hits you it would cost you 88 and you would still gain 154 stamina every 0.5s. This is assuming no change to constitution or block cost of course.

Magicka has its lowest possible block cost down to 207 so doing the same thing but with magicka netch and you would still gain 35 magicka every 0.5s. However unlike stamina were you could do with just using 5 heavy amagicka build would have to use all 7 heavy to gain magicka instead of losing it. All of this is while perma blocking.

There is also magickasteal debuff that can provide you 400 magika/sec while you spam stamina atacks.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stannum wrote: »

There is also magickasteal debuff that can provide you 400 magika/sec while you spam stamina atacks.

that is true, I am so used to being stamina that I forgot I should have added that. Put a DoT on and it will tick every second and so that will give you 200 extra every 0.5s giving you more magicka back than what the stamina gets stamina back. Problem of course is that all your fricking class skills and other will cost magicka too so you would have to add some sets to buff your magicka increase as well. Stamina doesn't have that big of an issue with that since only pierce armor and heroic slash costs stamina and you don't have to spam those, at least non on Bosses and that is what counts. I guess if you got a strong healer and time it right you could use equilibrium.
  • masterbroodub17_ESO
    Seems like they are really trying to create a class that can be effective with a ranged stamina build finally. I suppose it's easier to do this through class skills than through a new weapon since that has an impact on ALL classes. Either way, I am super excited about it.
    I've stopped even bothering with my NB and will be focusing on leveling a tank instead for dailies until morrowind drops lol.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like they are really trying to create a class that can be effective with a ranged stamina build finally. I suppose it's easier to do this through class skills than through a new weapon since that has an impact on ALL classes. Either way, I am super excited about it.
    I've stopped even bothering with my NB and will be focusing on leveling a tank instead for dailies until morrowind drops lol.

No its like they are trying to create a class with only 4 offensive skills and expect it to do well. LOL
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • masterbroodub17_ESO

No its like they are trying to create a class with only 4 offensive skills and expect it to do well. LOL

Basically all of them address the issues with bows though. A spammable, a ranged execute, sustain, etc.

I'm just looking at what is on the table in terms of what I want out of it. Whatever else it ends up being I don't really care *shrug*