Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do Gankblades think they're cool?

SaRuZ
SaRuZ
✭✭✭✭✭
Had one literally stalk my girl and I in IC just now. We were in a dead server, IC was completely blue and she needed Hakejio. I rarely go to IC. I msg the guy asking him to leave us alone and then he follows us around ganking us everytime we hit a mob. This system is so stupid. Stones being ganked by cowards.
Edited by SaRuZ on February 9, 2017 1:50AM
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes...yes they do think they're cool.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Rene_Valionus
    Rene_Valionus
    ✭✭✭
    Not to sound harsh but I've always regarded PvP zones as fair game areas, and saying that the system is stupid because it is working as intended is kinda silly.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove bonus damage from stealth that nb gets, it's cancerous.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha working as intended.

Use ground aoe, magelight (50% reduction from stealth damage), detect pots, sentry gear, shields. You know like 80% of the game.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not gambling or paying 45 : lol :
    20% base speed for high ping players.
    Streak moves you faster then speed cap.
    Khajiit has the best damage passive in the game, lol 12%. Insane.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to sound harsh but I've always regarded PvP zones as fair game areas, and saying that the system is stupid because it is working as intended is kinda silly.

The non stop ganking drove me out, what's the point in farming telvar stones for the gankers? Yeah great I get the whole its PVP, risk/reward crap but losing 80% of what you've acquired makes even trying pointless. I hate going there so much that I regret buying it.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if they'd done the same thing, just as a different class, you'd been fine with it? ;)

:D:D:D LoL.
    Edited by dday3six on February 9, 2017 1:25AM
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a l2p issue.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The non stop ganking drove me out, what's the point in farming telvar stones for the gankers? Yeah great I get the whole its PVP, risk/reward crap but losing 80% of what you've acquired makes even trying pointless. I hate going there so much that I regret buying it.

Its 50% it was changed to that a while back. And yeah it is working as intended. It sucks you guys got banked but I mean that's how it is. You could've just went to another district.

Also yes gankBlades are cool hahaha. They are the stealthy class usually squishy and won't engage in a "fair" fight but able to kill quickly. Go somewhere else or get a few detection pots and kill him a few times.
  • Rene_Valionus
    Rene_Valionus
    ✭✭✭

Exactly the reason why i don't go there as well, i already know what to expect and unless i am prepared to accept that i'm going to get my arse ganked non-stop i'd rather save myself the grief.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it can absolutely be annoying, but there isn't anything that needs to be/should be done about it imo. There are plenty of PvP balance issues that REALLY need to be fixed, but this typically isn't one of them.

(note that I said typically. I DO have a problem with stealth builds that can instantly one shot everyone, but the majority of gankers I've come across don't use one)
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nightblade had no obligation to leave you alone, even if you asked him/her. Though, Imperial City, including the sewers, is a big place – just move to a different location.
  • Entegre
    Entegre
    ✭✭✭
    Gangblades have only 1 shot and if they fail they have to escape or die. Your enemy could be shield stacking sorc or wing spamming dk or even worse a templar with beams. Leave nightblades alone please they are worst at sustained fights and worst at survivability. If you die in IC 3 times in a row just leave the place, because it will not get better, happens to everyone.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes gankers think they are cool. You farm and they farm. It sucks but if your on a buff server just run in a pact
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool-shades-smiley.png
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »
    So if they'd done the same thing, just as a different class, you'd been fine with it? ;)

Other classes aren't little girls hiding in stealth and following me from district to district when the entire IC is filled with blues. It's a *** move, just sayin'

• dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »

Other classes aren't little girls hiding in stealth and following me from district to district when the entire IC is filled with blues. It's a *** move, just sayin'

And what do you think you're whining like?
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is you are one of them. Suck so bad you need to hide and run away. It's a troll class, just like hiding in a corner on CoD or using Rocket Launchers in Halo, it's for people that suck and need a crutch.
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    there are some players in IC - if wont gank them, i ll be ganked by them. So ganking is an important part of IC living
    Edited by Dr_Rektar on February 9, 2017 1:55AM
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either way Ill just buy them in Guild Trader. Not worth the time.
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, gankblades are way cooler than people who go into pvp zones and ask people to stop pvping.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think everyone thinks they're "cool" when they get a pk.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is you are one of them. Suck so bad you need to hide and run away. It's a troll class, just like hiding in a corner on CoD or using Rocket Launchers in Halo, it's for people that suck and need a crutch.

Too much salt is bad for your health.
  • Rene_Valionus
    Rene_Valionus
    ✭✭✭
    Saying that they suck so bad because they are playing to their strengths does not make sense and just makes you sound like a sour looser, regardless if the person was trolling you or not. It's a legitimate strategy, just like guerrilla warfare in real life.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DdAoW.gif
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we nightblades are the easiest class to kill.
    just pull us out of stealth and BAM we probably die.
    im being serious about that, and by the way, like others said, if he cant be killed by Both of you, then just go to another area or district of the sewers. or even another campaign.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a troll class, just like hiding in a corner on CoD or using Rocket Launchers in Halo, it's for people that suck and need a crutch.

Here's a thought: why don't you roll a gankblade yourself? And then we'll see if you're worthy enough to join the cool kids :sunglasses:
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of counters to ganking. Magelight is one of the best counters (easily top 3 in my book) as it prevents the ganker from stealthing for a short while.
    The typical and effective counter rotation against ganks, with Magelight being the 'opener', goes something like this: Magelight --> offensive AoE attacks/single-target attack skill --> Magelight --> offensive AoE/single-target attack skill --> rinse & repeat.
    Since most Gankblades are melee and stam-based they'll be running out of Magicka in no time. You'd also be killing them in no time if done right due to their squishiness.

Now for ranged gankers, that's a little trickier. You'll need to have a gap closer and/or snare ability slotted to at least get close to them while also maintaining the counter-gank rotation once you're in close proximity.
    This requires strong intuition on how and what to do to prevent them from entering stealth again but developing this skill should not be hard.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sending him a message to stop killing you is the last thing you should do in a pvp zone.
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah... that'd be the point of a stealth-oriented class. Killing their targets before they can react. Calling them "***" is just a little uncalled for and a wee bit childish.

Only advice I can give is:
    1) Don't beg for it(telling them to stop)
    2) Don't step into PvP expecting everything to be a fair 1 on 1 fight. If it wasn't a ganker, you would've ganged on him regardless, which makes you no better.
    3) The obligatory 'git gud'.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • QUEZ420