The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please Let Us Transfer Writ Vouchers Between Own Characters

JoeCapricorn
JoeCapricorn
✭✭✭✭✭
PLEASE!

BECAUSE THEN THIS UPDATE WILL HAVE A LOT LESS INFURIATING STRESS THAT MAKES ME WANT TO BREAK ***
I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writ Vouchers are stored per character!? O_O
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't accept the quest when you first loot the master writ you can bank it and transfer it between characters or even sell it to someone else...they aren't bound. Once you accept the quest, however, there's nothing you can do. Like someone else mentioned in another thread, the auto quest popup is not the best or obvious design. Better to just loot it like a normal item and let you manually activate it...like everything else in the game.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: I think my initial response misunderstood OP, I think he means the vouchers you get as rewards for completing master writs. Those cannot be banked, and are character bound, which really does suck. Be very careful which toon you accept the writ quest on.
    Edited by Reverb on February 9, 2017 2:22PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • robeauch
    robeauch
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, the vouchers need to be account-wide (or at least transferable to other toons on the account).

It is true that you can hang on to the master writ and transfer it to another character, but your "main writ toon" might not have the appropriate crafting pre-reqs to make the item.

Although ... Since you can tell what to craft without opening the master writ ... Maybe you can obtain the master writ, craft the item, and then transfer both the item and the writ to another toon to receive the vouchers? I'll check later today. (ZOS should still make it account-wide regardless, just to save the trouble.)
  • robeauch
    robeauch
    ✭✭✭
    robeauch wrote: »
    Since you can tell what to craft without opening the master writ ... Maybe you can obtain the master writ, craft the item, and then transfer both the item and the writ to another toon to receive the vouchers? I'll check later today.

Update: Nope. Was hoping that I could craft the desired item on my best crafter, then pass both the item and the master writ over to my preferred "voucher toon." You can transfer the writ, of course, but the desired item *must* be crafted by the character that opens the writ -- even if they're already in possession of that exact item.

Ah well. It was going to be a kludgy work-around anyway. Hopefully ZOS will just make the vouchers account-wide.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. It would be good to consolidate vouchers. I have two crafting characters, one for equipment and one for consumables. While the consumables crafter can craft equipment, he's never learned anything other than the basic motifs. Those go to the equipment crafter.

As things stand, I have 5 on the equipment crafter and 12 on the consumable crafter. I will die of old age before I have enough writs to do anything meaningful with.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this is incredibly stupid

Encourage Master Writ drop rate based on master craft completion to encourage people to level up mulitple crafters
    Lock writ voucher to character only

WTH
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't accept the quest when you first loot the master writ you can bank it and transfer it between characters or even sell it to someone else...they aren't bound. Once you accept the quest, however, there's nothing you can do. Like someone else mentioned in another thread, the auto quest popup is not the best or obvious design. Better to just loot it like a normal item and let you manually activate it...like everything else in the game.

^This.^

Don't open the master writ until you've transferred it to the character (via your bank) you intend the vouchers to be rewarded upon completion.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 10, 2017 11:52PM
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for transferable writ vouchers. They should be treated like a form of currency. I also use one character for equipment crafting and another for consumable crafting. That forces me to have writ vouchers on two characters. This essentially doubles the length of time it will take me to accumulate enough vouchers for my preferred purchases. Not the best implementation method.
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • Scaraben
    Scaraben
    ✭✭✭

^This.^

Don't open the master writ until you've transferred it to the character (via your bank) you intend the vouchers to be rewarded upon completion.

I'm clearly dense, but I don't get how to do this. I've only gotten two master writs so far. Each time I dbl-click the satchel, and see the writ. When I "loot all," the quest automatically starts. I don't understand how to get the writ out of the bag without starting the quest
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scaraben wrote: »

^This.^

I'm clearly dense, but I don't get how to do this. I've only gotten two master writs so far. Each time I dbl-click the satchel, and see the writ. When I "loot all," the quest automatically starts. I don't understand how to get the writ out of the bag without starting the quest

I have autoloot on so as soon I as double-click the writ reward box I loot all the items and if there's a master writ I get a quest dialogue popup window. Perhaps try looting the master writ item separately before autolooting everything? Perhaps there's a bug with auto-accepting master writs in that way? If you don't get the quest popup then I would definitely submit a bug report.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This.^

1. Do not accept the quest when you open the master writ. Hit cancel/escape.
    2. Go to bank.
    3. Open inventory
    4. Take master writ out of inventory and put in bank
    5. Log off current character and log onto master crafter or designated master writ crafter
    6. Open master writ on designated master writ crafter
    7. Do master writ on designated master writ crafter.

Edited by Katahdin on February 13, 2017 8:34PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

^This.^

1. Do not accept the quest when you open the master writ. Hit cancel/escape.
    2. Go to bank.
    3. Open inventory
    4. Take master writ out of inventory and put in bank
    5. Log off current character and log onto master crafter or designated master writ crafter
    6. Open master writ on designated master writ crafter
    7. Do master writ on designated master writ crafter.

I think right under accept the contrsct is the goodbye option... stores writ in inventory for later.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the vouchers were account wide, that could reduce the grind to get the items you want, so no.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump
    I had no idea these were not account-wide currency. It doesn't even say so anywhere.
    Good job Zenimax, another one of your super stupid design decisions.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    bump
    I had no idea these were not account-wide currency. It doesn't even say so anywhere.

Hey @Octopuss nice necro. Writ vouchers are account wide now. they are stored in your bank and accessible to everyone. Good job zos, you listened to feedback and gave us exactly what we asked for.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on February 6, 2018 9:46AM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    bump

Hey @Octopuss nice necro. Writ vouchers are account wide now. they are stored in your bank and accessible to everyone. Good job zos, you listened to feedback and gave us exactly what we asked for.

O'RLY?
    Would you care to explain this then?
    6MLKeZa.png
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to deposit vouchers in bank, just like Alliance Points. They are not "account wide" in the way transmute crystals are.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump

O'RLY?
    6MLKeZa.png

Deposit writ vouchers into your bank (just like you would gold or AP) and then withdraw it on any other character on your account.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bump

Year old thread necro. Vouchers are now account wide.

Master writs are still, afaik, bound to the character that accepted it; in other words the character that accepted the writ has to create the item.
    bump

O'RLY?
    6MLKeZa.png

Update 15 https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/365904/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-1-5-horns-of-the-reach#latest

Master Writs •Rolis Hlaalu, the Mastercraft Mediator, will now also appear if you have any writ vouchers on hand or banked, given you can now transfer Writ Vouchers between characters on your account.[/b] •Previously, you had to have a Master Writ ready to turn in or have already completed a Master Writ.

•Fixed an issue where Master Writs would use inconsistent names when requesting delivery of certain weapon types. •Ex: Greataxe instead of Battle Axe, Healing Staff instead of Restoration Staff, and Frost Staff instead of Ice Staff.

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you stop with that necro sh**? Noone cares.
    Up until now I had no idea it was possible to store these in the bank, because guess what? I never noticed that super tiny triangle that actually is a drop down menu with currencies you can deposit.
    I've been playing the game for over half a year and this completely escaped my eyes. Not very intuitive, is it?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what a necro.

Writ vouchers are bankable and thus transferable between characters. But they are not account-wide because you still need to manually bank and withdraw them.

But that's because the concept of an account-wide currency is a new one introduced in Update 17 for the Transmute crystals. The framework simply wasn't there at the time, so they made vouchers bankable. I suspect that had the account-wide framework been available at the time, they would've used that instead.
    Edited by code65536 on February 6, 2018 2:46PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh? You can. They go into your Bank.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up until now I had no idea it was possible to store these in the bank, because guess what? I never noticed that super tiny triangle that actually is a drop down menu with currencies you can deposit.
    I've been playing the game for over half a year and this completely escaped my eyes. Not very intuitive, is it?

Keeping up on the patch notes or doing a simple search in the forums isn't super intuitive for a handful of players either ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 7, 2018 2:19AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You justify bumping a year old thread, about an issue that was patched out months ago, because you don't pay attention? Plenty of people care about that, and not in a way that's in your favor.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll more.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not here to take sides, but it always makes me chuckle to see the following two scenarios play out:

1. Person searches the forums and finds a post that relates to his/her problem, finds that post was never resolved and replies with a follow up to it. People immediately flame him/her for "necro'ing" said post.

2. Person doesn't bother to search the forums, posts a topic that has already been discussed ad nauseam. People immediately flame said person for not bothering to search the forums and post to a thread already created.

I especially feel for the "soul shriven" forum members who come here looking for help and get nothing but salt from a community that should pride itself on assisting other members. These forums are not the most user friendly and I find the search function cumbersome (at best!). I feel my blood pressure rise 30 points every time I have to use it, so I tend to be a little more forgiving when I see a post necro'd or a new discussion started on a topic I've replied to ten times in the past six months.

@Octopuss I think you got your answer somewhere in the posts above, but I think enough people petitioned to get the vouchers made account wide/bankable that ZOS finally acquiesced to their demands.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writ Vouchers are banked. Has been for awhile.

If OP means the actual master writs, merely do not accept it and it can be banked.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    I'm not here to take sides, but it always makes me chuckle to see the following two scenarios play out:

1. Person searches the forums and finds a post that relates to his/her problem, finds that post was never resolved and replies with a follow up to it. People immediately flame him/her for "necro'ing" said post.

2. Person doesn't bother to search the forums, posts a topic that has already been discussed ad nauseam. People immediately flame said person for not bothering to search the forums and post to a thread already created.

I especially feel for the "soul shriven" forum members who come here looking for help and get nothing but salt from a community that should pride itself on assisting other members. These forums are not the most user friendly and I find the search function cumbersome (at best!). I feel my blood pressure rise 30 points every time I have to use it, so I tend to be a little more forgiving when I see a post necro'd or a new discussion started on a topic I've replied to ten times in the past six months.

@Octopuss I think you got your answer somewhere in the posts above, but I think enough people petitioned to get the vouchers made account wide/bankable that ZOS finally acquiesced to their demands.

In this case, the OP did both of those example in one post.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Feric51 Thanks. Yes I did get my answer - IN A WAY.
    I've been playing the game for half a year or so, and never thought currencies other than gold were possible to be banked. Only after posting here (I googled about the thing or something, I don't know) and being told it was already implemented did I try again, and after some time I noticed this:
    qir4vsy.png

That button is SO small it's quite obviously easily missable. I also loved the troll posts that said how I was unable to read patch notes. Well guess what, imbeciles - thats when I started playing and patch notes were least of my concerns. And when you have nothing to compare with, reading them would be useless anyway.