The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please Let Us Transfer Writ Vouchers Between Own Characters

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    I'm not here to take sides, but it always makes me chuckle to see the following two scenarios play out:

1. Person searches the forums and finds a post that relates to his/her problem, finds that post was never resolved and replies with a follow up to it. People immediately flame him/her for "necro'ing" said post.

2. Person doesn't bother to search the forums, posts a topic that has already been discussed ad nauseam. People immediately flame said person for not bothering to search the forums and post to a thread already created.

I especially feel for the "soul shriven" forum members who come here looking for help and get nothing but salt from a community that should pride itself on assisting other members. These forums are not the most user friendly and I find the search function cumbersome (at best!). I feel my blood pressure rise 30 points every time I have to use it, so I tend to be a little more forgiving when I see a post necro'd or a new discussion started on a topic I've replied to ten times in the past six months.

@Octopuss I think you got your answer somewhere in the posts above, but I think enough people petitioned to get the vouchers made account wide/bankable that ZOS finally acquiesced to their demands.

1. That player who created the thread on 2014 probably doesn't care about the reply todsy and the reply is probably irrelevant to what was going on 3 years ago.

2. Many topics are created over and over again.

Hope this clears things up for ya.
  • iC0Nic1956
    iC0Nic1956
    Soul Shriven
    Xmas eve 2018 now...I have to agree with Feric51’s comment about forums, in general, in the last para. Even a seasoned adult (very old) who’s been around the block once or twice, approaches with trepidation! But I learned a lot here, and thank you all. I’ve just returned after a 3 year hiatus and the changes are mind boggling, but ultimately great fun! Have a very good Christmas all. i also have some idea what to do with those things and using them with various ‘toons’. It is not the fault of the poor Soul Shriven. If your thread comes top to a Google search, be proud! It’s how we research now isn’t it, and why we’re here! All the best. C (and please, this is just a small comment in passing. No flame here! And no-one to care anyway)