The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

200k AP/H sitting afk at BB mine

• SeventhJaff
    SeventhJaff
    ✭✭✭
    I take no credit for the video, just posting this on behalf of a friend.
    Edited by SeventhJaff on February 20, 2017 10:35PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alan_jaff wrote: »
    Don't forget guys. #MillionReasonsToRP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ahy8p6AYRQ

Okay I ain't gonna top that with my stupid comments any more, I'm done, time to leave the thread.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just joined the thread, so I don't know if it's been said, but... at the rate you earn AP flipping Bleaker's back and forth, you can go from Volunteer to 50 in 7 and a half days playtime. Can someone tell me why there are people arguing that that's not a bad thing?
    Edited by Isbilen on February 20, 2017 9:45PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »
    I just joined the thread, so I don't know if it's been said, but... at the rate you earn AP flipping Bleaker's back and forth, you can go from Volunteer to 50 in 7 and a half days playtime. Can someone tell me why there are people arguing that that's not a bad thing?

Because some people are using it so they're hardly going to say it's bad.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very low energy farming technique, SAD!
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So erm... when I posted this in the Natch Potes thread, I was kind of joking ZOS.

Alliance War
    • Doubled all AP rewards for capturing outposts.
    Developer Comment
    We've had a lot of critic on the forums over the last years stating we don't support the roleplay community enough, so after seeing what a positive effect the AP rewards on outposts has had on the ESO RP community we decided to increase these rewards to help encourage more roleplayers to join Cyrodiil and enjoy RP within ESO.

I didn't mean for you to actually do this...
    Hey gang!
    • During this time, AP gains in all Campaigns will be doubled, both to compensate for lack of CP and also to incentivize players to PvP so we can record as much data as possible
    MyNameIsElias We are aware of that behavior and will be adjusting values of Outposts, Resources and Keeps after the event.

Oh ZOS I am not a games developer, why are you listening to me when I make stupid posts and not the good ones! :cold_sweat:

• Vorthor
    Vorthor
    Double AP : Bleakers is going to be crowded -__-
    Lots of Rank 50 incoming -__-'
    -__-''
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorthor wrote: »
    Double AP : Bleakers is going to be crowded -__-
    Lots of Rank 50 incoming -__-'
    -__-''

Sadly I have a job so can't be up all night to roleplay like everyone else.
  • ExcaliburESO
    ExcaliburESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all i want to say i cant wait to get my new ranks next week... 2nd why zos should listen to 20 Overlords and 10 cry babys if Hundreds of players chilling and enjoying cyrodil at bleakers first time in 3 years. The War of Three Banners has ended its time to unite at bleakers and celebrate!!! As for ppl who say it ruined pvp i must say there are alot of stuff and people who ruined pvp atleast on EU server and its definetly not my comrades at Bleakers.

• Hyodyntaa
    Hyodyntaa
    First of all i want to say i cant wait to get my new ranks next week... 2nd why zos should listen to 20 Overlords and 10 cry babys if Hundreds of players chilling and enjoying cyrodil at bleakers first time in 3 years. The War of Three Banners has ended its time to unite at bleakers and celebrate!!! As for ppl who say it ruined pvp i must say there are alot of stuff and people who ruined pvp atleast on EU server and its definetly not my comrades at Bleakers.

Couldn't agree more.
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand what anyone is saying in this thread. All these in-game references and inside lingo. SO many people flaming hate at each other.

So questions from a PvE guy:
    • Is this this describing a place you can go and level some PvE characters to get vigor and horn, etc?
    • Is this an exploit as defined by ESO or only by players? I think of exploits as gold dups and that type of thing that gets you banned.

I don't mind PvP with the right character and gear, but it should be nice to get some of these skills on my PvE characters that basically die when you breath on them.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand what anyone is saying in this thread. All these in-game references and inside lingo. SO many people flaming hate at each other.

• Is this this describing a place you can go and level some PvE characters to get vigor and horn, etc?
    • Is this an exploit as defined by ESO or only by players? I think of exploits as gold dups and that type of thing that gets you banned.

I don't mind PvP with the right character and gear, but it should be nice to get some of these skills on my PvE characters that basically die when you breath on them.

Yes. It's describing Cyrodiil Outpost farming (Bleakers, Nickel, Sejanus). Knock down walls, and Factions take turn flipping the flags. Everyone on the grounds gets 6k AP. Rinse and repeat. So you can be in stealth just sitting on the grounds...go make a sandwich, have a nice bath, and the AP keeps coming in.

Exploit? No not really. ZOS added this new AP for Keep (and outpost) and Resource captures. They're well aware of it and doing nothing about it. In fact they're having a double AP week before they even consider doing anything about it.

It's cheap...sounds boring. It's not PvP, but it's not an exploit.
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Sandman929 . Very thorough answer and I appreciate it.
  • Hyodyntaa
    Hyodyntaa
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Yes. It's describing Cyrodiil Outpost farming (Bleakers, Nickel, Sejanus). Knock down walls, and Factions take turn flipping the flags. Everyone on the grounds gets 6k AP. Rinse and repeat. So you can be in stealth just sitting on the grounds...go make a sandwich, have a nice bath, and the AP keeps coming in.

Exploit? No not really. ZOS added this new AP for Keep (and outpost) and Resource captures. They're well aware of it and doing nothing about it. In fact they're having a double AP week before they even consider doing anything about it.

Don't forget to add there are people roleplaying there. There is even a guild that has been created specifically for roleplaying.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The great wabbajack bleakers nightclub revival ❤️
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyodyntaa wrote: »

Don't forget to add there are people roleplaying there. There is even a guild that has been created specifically for roleplaying.

I didn't add that because I think it's a complete BS story created by snotty little kids who simply won't own up to their actions. The problem at Black Boot mine was an actual exploit. Outpost flipping for 6k is a change ZOS put in explicitly.
  • Hyodyntaa
    Hyodyntaa
    Hyodyntaa wrote: »

I didn't add that because I think it's a complete BS story created by snotty little kids who simply won't own up to their actions. The problem at Black Boot mine was an actual exploit. Outpost flipping for 6k is a change ZOS put in explicitly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ahy8p6AYRQ&t=13s
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Looking at our data over the 13 days has some information you all may find interesting.

No outposts, keeps, districts, towns or resources since the Black Boot mine change are actually giving players 200k AP per hour. The highest AP earning rate per hour is 120,000-140,000 AP by 2 people, that was done for 1 afternoon, and hasn't been done again since the 9th.

The next highest AP earned per hour is 60-90k which was done by 9 players doing a mixture of keep captures, keep defenses, repairs, killing blows, and assists yielding higher than normal gains. We're digging into more details of those gains and dates.

26% of the PC population is earning between 20-60k per hour which doesn't raise any red flags, since we saw those amounts of gains prior to the Homestead patch. That being said, we are also looking at those numbers to see if they warrant changes to AP gains from all sources in Campaigns.

74% of the PC population is earning between 0-20k AP per hour, which is what qualifies as "normal play" AP gains.

As noted in the initial PTS post about the AP change, we are closely monitoring player behavior both in game and with metrics like those you see here which will determine where we go with AP gains in the future.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on February 22, 2017 3:21AM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at our data over the 13 days has some information you all may find interesting.

No outposts, keeps, districts, towns or resources since the Black Boot mine change are actually giving players 200k AP per hour. The highest AP earning rate per hour is 120,000-140,000 AP by 2 people, that was done for 1 afternoon, and hasn't been done again since the 9th.

The next highest AP earned per hour is 60-90k which was done by 9 players doing a mixture of keep captures, keep defenses, repairs, killing blows, and assists yielding higher than normal gains. We're digging into more details of those gains and dates.

26% of the PC population is earning between 20-60k per hour which doesn't raise any red flags, since we saw those amounts of gains prior to the Homestead patch. That being said, we are also looking at those numbers to see if they warrant changes to AP gains from all sources in Campaigns.

74% of the PC population is earning between 0-20k AP per hour, which is what qualifies as "normal play" AP gains.

As noted in the initial PTS post about the AP change, we are closely monitoring player behavior both in game and with metrics like those you see here which will determine where we go with AP gains in the future.

in b4 "alternate data"

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love these sort of stats, keep them going.... will hopefully keep some of these forum crowds under control! :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Work this into the original post!
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for this @ZOS_BrianWheeler ! I love these kinds of posts. I personally appreciate having this level of insight into the decision making process behind things like that.
    Edited by dimensional on February 22, 2017 3:28AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    bbmine1exuv.png

was a nice episode of vikings... :)

I need to visit this mine.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

Curious, is this over an entire play session averaged, or is this one hour periods?
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does this include EU stats?

I have been at Bleakers for 30mins with boss buff so far and made 90k AP. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*Edit

Bleakers flipping EU with 20% AP buff.
    04:14 - 59,247 AP
    05:14 - 219,775

160,528 AP in a single hour, some AP is healing/killing bonus.

I did this for a single hour, there are people who do this all night and into the morning until enough of a population are awake/home to stop them.
    Edited by Turelus on February 22, 2017 5:13AM
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please post more stats like these. Thank you!
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The stats are cool and all, but I think they kind of miss the point. 74% of the PC population earning between 0-20k AP per hour isn't "normal". A good deal of folks in Cyrodiil aren't PvPing at all. Many are there for skyshards, lorebooks, quests, visiting vendors, or just afk. Unless you somehow exclude those folks, it's going to skew the averages and percentages downwards.

I remember them posting stats like this when responding to the continual calls to get rid of useless traits in undaunted chests. In that case, pointing out trait drop metrics to prove a random distribution didn't help the fact that stinking Prosperous and Training are *never* wanted on monster helms and might as well be trash.

Sometimes it helps to step back from the data and ask yourself, "does this even make sense"?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That actually explains a lot of things about game balance. You should probably fire whoever came up with those stats.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are screenshots of before and after the second hour, this is without AP buff.

Starting 05:15 - 225,755
    Ending 06:15 - 353,790

AP/h - 128,035

So again I am sorry Brian but your stats are not showing the real gains from doing this. I am doing this right now (for my shame) and reporting to you the numbers I am getting.

Once again I have done this for two hours and made 300k(ish) AP, there are people who are doing this from 00:00 - 10:00 every single night.

eUZjwB0.png
    rEtVF2r.png
    Edited by Turelus on February 22, 2017 6:28AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Awesome data; love it when you bring out the stats.
    silvereyes wrote: »
    The stats are cool and all, but I think they kind of miss the point. 74% of the PC population earning between 0-20k AP per hour isn't "normal". A good deal of folks in Cyrodiil aren't PvPing at all. Many are there for skyshards, lorebooks, quests, visiting vendors, or just afk. Unless you somehow exclude those folks, it's going to skew the averages and percentages downwards.

Sometimes it helps to step back from the data and ask yourself, "does this even make sense"?

Honestly it doesn't seem that far off. Novice PvPers don't make a lot of AP. (It took me forever to get my first toom to Major!). They don't know how, and then they either die a lot or end up in a PUG group that makes little AP in the first place and then it gets split a bunch of ways. Getting their Warhorn is a tedious grind. One which the higher ticks will help with, but hopefully can be revised in a way that stop incentivizing zergs.

Had someone whisper me bragging they made 20k AP "farming" my group of 4 tonight with their full raid. Too bad I made 100k "getting farmed." I didn't care about the AP, we were having fun -- but a lot of players don't have a good sense of what is and is not a good source of AP.