The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[VIDEO] Competitive PvP Hype!

manny254
manny254
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Edited by manny254 on January 29, 2017 8:41AM
- Mojican
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have cleansed the bunrning embers, then you wouldn't have died.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's too bad he doesn't include the part where they're all in stealth sneaking up on 5 people at a resource.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your group of 4-8 leave a soloer alone? Everyone x v 1's.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mako1132 wrote: »

It's too bad he doesn't include the part where they're all in stealth sneaking up on 5 people at a resource.

We don't stealth, you might be thinking about a certain famous albeit skilless DC zerg leader here.
    Darnathian wrote: »

And speaking personally, unless said guy is on my ignore list, I try not to Xv1.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'd actually be surprised to know how many times we do that. So yeah.
    Unless you zerged us down before, then it's no mercy!
    @manny254 - get shripped :trollface:
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be honest I don't really get the point of the thread.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been ran over many times . I see the fat kid from the back of the short bus got his tea brewed too . Classic .
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup.

It's really sad the game has gotten to this point. Wrobel s nerds have just given zergs such an overwhelming advantage that it's pointless. The gap closer snare being the best most obvious example it just encourages zerging people. I'm ok with zergs having superior numbers I am NOT ok with giving them mechanics s that favor them.

ZOS just can't get out of their own way and the minute something else comes out that has fun pvp their server will be s ghost town. They are just fortunate they don't have any real competition but that will change before the end of this year.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Must have saw your name and auto-thought, '5 STAR ACHIEVE OMG'

Or it could be just a play style.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enya face, Moji.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rest in peace.

#moheekan
    #gonetoosoon

BTW: been there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIgRFb7BLMw
    Edited by Jules on January 29, 2017 4:19PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was the only person being attacked.

Screenshot_20170127_164616.png
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was the only person being attacked.

Screenshot_20170127_164616.png

lol 4 ultimates gg
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I like how at 0:04 you can see me noping the f*** out of there. Meanwhile @manny254 just barrels headlong into the fray.

I ain't got time to eat that many destro ults.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how at 0:04 you can see me noping the f*** out of there. Meanwhile @manny254 just barrels headlong into the fray.

I ain't got time to eat that many destro ults.

Tell me about it - I popped a speed pot and bailed, after seeing the PM zerg :D
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »

I guess you wouldn't get it, no.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I had this the other day although I was fleeing was nice to see that a large group chasing one guy still tried 3 or 4 meteors. I laughed at fist because I had just mist formed but then I realized I ran right to a dead end.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel your pain. That's every night I PvP. If my guild ain't with me I'm toast. If I'm solo, I'm hunted. If I Zerg surf, PUG's get ignored, 5-10 ultimates dumped on my head, then the PUG's get it.

I've stopped playing for the moment (procs and lag mostly to blame) but I'll be back when Arenas and Battlegrounds is released.
    PC EU
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Honestly they are probably the only group on PC NA that does, if they know that letting you go will create a problem 30 seconds later they deal with it but for the most part they don't really 4v1 people.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

I don't get what this video is supposed to point out...

You ran up there into a large group of EP taking the resource and you expected what to happen exactly? Looks more like a dumb game play decision on your part. If I was you and saw that many of an enemy faction at a resource and I didn't want to die; I'd be running as fast as I could in the opposite direction.

Your also a rank 50 player with an achievement tied to you. Of course they are all going to kill you; dye color yo!!!
    Edited by Psilent on January 29, 2017 9:24PM
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They obviously considered you competition since they deigned to drop ultimates on you.

If you weren't competitive, they could have all just light attacked.

This is an a better example small scale battles. #NoCrits

https://clips.twitch.tv/jackdanielleso/CheerfulMosquitoSMOrc

V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. ssewallb14_ESO
      ssewallb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I can't say I've tried running head first by myself into a raid of 30 PM but that's about the outcome I would expect.
    2. Mako1132
      Mako1132
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Psilent wrote: »

You ran up there into a large group of EP taking the resource and you expected what to happen exactly? Looks more like a dumb game play decision on your part. If I was you and saw that many of an enemy faction at a resource and I didn't want to die; I'd be running as fast as I could in the opposite direction.

Your also a rank 50 player with an achievement tied to you. Of course they are all going to kill you; dye color yo!!!

First he's not on his GO character, so there is no achievement.

Second, they came out of stealth.

Third, he couldn't see how much it actually was and by the time he did he's getting 20 meteors and a destro ult.
    3. Glory
      Glory
      Class Representative
      Ghost-Shot wrote: »

Honestly they are probably the only group on PC NA that does, if they know that letting you go will create a problem 30 seconds later they deal with it but for the most part they don't really 4v1 people.

Or if they are AFK and I get to show my 133t DK noodles off to my friends and family.
      mDK will rise again.
      Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    4. Psilent
      Psilent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mako1132 wrote: »

First he's not on his GO character, so there is no achievement.

Second, they came out of stealth.

Third, he couldn't see how much it actually was and by the time he did he's getting 20 meteors and a destro ult.

Ahh my bad on the GO; good point.

Are we watching the same video? The moment he's running up there I can see tons of reds at the Mine; he had more than enough time to pop manuvers; hold sprint; and get the heck out of dodge.

5. Juhasow
      Juhasow
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

It's little silly when zerg hits 1 solo player with massive ultimates spam like they wouldnt be able to kill him anyway. That vid shows zergs mentality funny side.
      Edited by Juhasow on January 30, 2017 1:20AM
    6. manny254
      manny254
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Lore_lai wrote: »

You'd actually be surprised to know how many times we do that. So yeah.
      Unless you zerged us down before, then it's no mercy!
      @manny254 - get shripped :trollface:

>< I just wanted to see what was on the flag. By the time I could see what was there I had to hold block because ZoS designed meteor very well.

Almost always. I actually challenge you to find a group of players that goes out of their way to avoid outnumbering people as much as we do. No one is perfect, but almost always try to separate from our faction's force. As Mer said we always leave people unless we know that they are a zergling who we are going to have to fight anyway when they come back with more people. Although if you run tumor scale you will be killed for using that set.
      Sanct16 wrote: »

The point is to showcase ESO's competitive pvp. If you don't get it there really isn't more to say.

I didn't expect anything to happen friend. Someone said there where EP on the flag, and did not specify how many. As someone leading a group it is generally a good idea to actually see what you might be fighting to make a choice. So duh I had to move closer to actually see what was going on. If you actually look I used a immov speed pot to get away as soon as all the EP where on my screen, but there is nothing to do, but block when you have meteors on you.

I think there is some weird misunderstanding that I am angry or something. We laughed out asses off. So we thought to share a funny moment from ESO's competitive pvp.

There is also another weird misunderstanding. When people show up with a raid to zerg us down at a resource they think it is going to make us stop. Doing that only makes us want to go back to troll you, and see if we can waste the time of a raid group lame enough to zerg down a resource.

A great example of this was when VE came to zerg down just Mer and I at a resource. I asked them if they understood there was only two of us. They said if we kept messing with resources they would come zerg us again (even though they failed to kill both of us the first time). To someone who actually plays in a small group that is a joke of a threat. Majority of cyrodiil constantly zergs us. Making such a threat only encouraged us to constantly troll glade for the rest of the day. Even flagging it, and putting up 20 oil pots that actually distracted enough for AD to get warden. XD
      - Mojican
    7. pcar944
      pcar944
      ✭✭✭✭

oh please, theres always a backstory to this

the funny part is how nobody ever says when this video was taken - what was AD doing prior to this

looks like EP has just reclaimed that resource and you got caught coming up on it

should know better then that, going to a resource that's owned by an enemy, next to an enemy keep, and just got reclaimed by the enemy? shouldn't be surprised at all
      One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
    8. Mako1132
      Mako1132
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      pcar944 wrote: »

oh please, theres always a backstory to this

the funny part is how nobody ever says when this video was taken - what was AD doing prior to this

looks like EP has just reclaimed that resource and you got caught coming up on it

should know better then that, going to a resource that's owned by an enemy, next to an enemy keep, and just got reclaimed by the enemy? shouldn't be surprised at all

Because it's already been explained that that is not what happened.