Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

lighting in houses needs to be fixed before Homestead goes live!

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    I hope they change it back. I wont buy a house if its going to be dark like that.

I was checking out the Ebonheart Manor. Even when Ebonheart Manor was fully furnished. Especially with a lot of candles and lamps. The Ebonheart Manor still looks gloomy inside. It making me thinking. If I should look at the other houses instead.

I was a bit disappointed. But I understand why for performance. I also half way through getting the Ebonheart Hero title. Since I was originally saving up and by Ebonheart Manor. In future. But after seeing the lightning on pts server inside Ebonheart Manor. I put a hold on Hero title. Until later. If I decide to buy it anyways in future.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will ZOS fix this bug or leave it and claim it's a "new feature" to help improve performance?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 28, 2017 6:46PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they change it back. I wont buy a house if its going to be dark like that.

I was checking out the Ebonheart Manor. Even when Ebonheart Manor was fully furnished. Especially with a lot of candles and lamps. The Ebonheart Manor still looks gloomy inside. It making me thinking. If I should look at the other houses instead.

I was a bit disappointed. But I understand why for performance. I also half way through getting the Ebonheart Hero title. Since I was originally saving up and by Ebonheart Manor. In future. But after seeing the lightning on pts server inside Ebonheart Manor. I put a hold on Hero title. Until later. If I decide to buy it anyways in future.

Performance was fine before they changed it. I was getting 100 fps on max settings inside the houses.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 28, 2017 6:48PM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is also another strange bug I have discovered in the houses over the last couple of days. Each time I enter my house and go into housing editor, my weapons vanish, and the only way to get them back is to fast travel somewhere else and then fast travel back in again... Could be annoying if you plan to duel friends at home, if you have invisible weapons and have to keep travelling in and out :neutral:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed. No acknowledgement of the bug from ZOS either.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 30, 2017 9:57PM
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did fix the bug SadieJoan mentions above, but nothing about the lighting bug that has already generated 6 threads by different people.

And don't even get me started about the items (also crown items!) that keep dissapearing. :s
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope, its still really bad. I went straight onto the pts to see if the lighting had been fixed, was very disappointing :disappointed: I don't understand why ZOS have said nothing about this problem, its not as though its something small, it is a really huge issue. It's almost like it is, in fact, intended to be this way! I really hope that is not the case, because as excited as I am for this update, there is no way I will be wasting my gold or money on housing in its current state.

The book of furnishing recipes is still broken too, and with characters all being reset again with the patch, it is no longer possible to decorate the houses on pts. Its impossible to try it out using only the crown store, unless you planned ahead and purchased just a few items a day, because they cost too much... I guess they want us to spend the rest of our time on the pts farming furniture plans to furnish our dark houses... :neutral:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on January 30, 2017 10:30PM

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And don't even get me started about the items (also crown items!) that keep dissapearing. :s

Is that STILL not fixed? Because for the second straight patch, they said they fixed it.
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭
    eu8nuf7g14w3.png

i have been working on strident springs demesne and it appears to be fixed there :) i haven't made it to any of the others i noticed it in but that was one that was drearily effected and doesn't seem to be anymore. If this is indeed fixed-thank you!
    Edited by Myrrah on January 31, 2017 2:29AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eu8nuf7g14w3.png

i have been working on strident springs demesne and it appears to be fixed there :) i haven't made it to any of the others i noticed it in but that was one that was drearily effected and doesn't seem to be anymore. If this is indeed fixed-thank you!

That's strange. Strident Springs was never affected by the bug for me. It was fine for the OP of this thread too.

Off the top of my head, the Dunmer medium and large house had the issue before this patch, and they still do.

I hope the bug isn't affecting random houses for random people.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 31, 2017 3:38AM
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭

That's strange. Strident Springs was never affected by the bug for me. It was fine for the OP of this thread too.

Off the top of my head, the Dunmer medium and large house had the issue before this patch, and they still do.

Wow-that's really strange. Yes-on this one, it was bright and cheery one day and dim and depressing the next. hmmm-i didn't work on either of the ones you mentioned. The others that seemed horrible to me were old mistveil manor and domus phrasticus. I'll go check those. Maybe it just didn't effect this house this time :(

edit: Nvm. I logged out and back in. this one is doing it now. Maybe putting in something in particular sets it off (it doesn't seem as bad however)
    mxbkcx4q4cdg.png
    Edited by Myrrah on January 31, 2017 3:50AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow-that's really strange. Yes-on this one, it was bright and cheery one day and dim and depressing the next. hmmm-i didn't work on either of the ones you mentioned. The others that seemed horrible to me were old mistveil manor and domus phrasticus. I'll go check those. Maybe it just didn't effect this house this time :(

edit: Nvm. I logged out and back in. this one is doing it now. Maybe putting in something in particular sets it off (it doesn't seem as bad however)
    mxbkcx4q4cdg.png

Damn. Looks like it's random, or triggered by a specific furnishing as you say. It's going to be hard to identify the trigger. Hopefully ZOS cares enough to fix it by next week, but I'm not optimistic.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 31, 2017 4:11AM
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    The farther we get into the PTS the more I'm thinking I might just buy one small house to test and leave the rest of my gold (and crowns) in my virtual wallet. Housing was my most looked forward to DLC/Update since Beta.... I am honestly disappointed. Not nerd rage, just genuinely sad at how this has been implemented (along with bugs etc.). :(
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that STILL not fixed? Because for the second straight patch, they said they fixed it.

Furnishings were still dissapearing Sunday, and as its not mentioned in the patch notes, I don't think it's fixed.

Oh, and lighting is much better for some houses during the day, and only gets bad at night.
    Other houses that are dark all the time, are always bad, such as the Dunmer medium and large houses.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Furnishings were still dissapearing Sunday, and as its not mentioned in the patch notes, I don't think it's fixed.

Oh, and lighting is much better for some houses during the day, and only gets bad at night.
    Other houses that are dark all the time, are always bad, such as the Dunmer medium and large houses.

From the latest patch notes:
    Fixed an issue that could cause recently placed furnishings to disappear from your home.

But that's what they said last time too.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed an issue that could cause recently placed furnishings to disappear from your home.

Let's hope it's fixed, though I wouldn't bet on it, particularly as I had an item go missing during 2.7.3 that I'd placed in 2.7.2
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eu8nuf7g14w3.png

Strident Springs (along with a few others) were never affected for me either. The ones that were, still are, in fact it looked worse for me, but that could have just been my disappointment exaggerating it in my mind :lol:

• Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »
    The farther we get into the PTS the more I'm thinking I might just buy one small house to test and leave the rest of my gold (and crowns) in my virtual wallet. Housing was my most looked forward to DLC/Update since Beta.... I am honestly disappointed. Not nerd rage, just genuinely sad at how this has been implemented (along with bugs etc.). :(

That's exactly how I feel. I went from farming motifs to get enough money to buy Hundings Palatial, to burning it all on Akaviri motif chapters, when I realized I'd be better off buying a small house when I tried furnishing multiple houses on the PTS.

Yeah, I'd missed that. I guess I'll have to test it again. Will be tricky without characters that can learn full furnishing plans. But I'll guess I'll just buy all the houses furnished for 1 crown per piece, and borrow from them. :P

Edited by Incognitius on January 31, 2017 3:50PM
  • Zariah
    Zariah
    ✭✭✭
    The Lighting inside the Ravenhurst still doesn't work.

Everything is dark and horrible, unless you acually get close to the lightning sorce. I was lucky that it was day right now so I could acually see -anything-. But it gets so damn dark in there when it is in the middle of the night. Please fix this before launch. I dont want to have a house filled with darkness that I can only be inside during the days to be able to see anything.

How it is normally:
    IJPnk9u.png

How it suddenly lights up when close to the lightsorce, 1 step closer then the previous picture.

A14cPZB.jpg
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZO$ won't fix it.
    They'll leave it as is and add a Crown Crate exclusive item called Shalidor's illuminated Light fixtures that will fix it :wink:
    Edited by Silver_Strider on January 31, 2017 4:19PM
    Argonian forever
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭
    ZO$ won't fix it it.
    They'll leave it as is and add a Crown Crate exclusive item called Shalidor's illuminated Light fixtures that will fix it :wink:

made me laugh out loud for reals ;)
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zariah wrote: »
    The Lighting inside the Ravenhurst still doesn't work.

Everything is dark and horrible, unless you acually get close to the lightning sorce. I was lucky that it was day right now so I could acually see -anything-. But it gets so damn dark in there when it is in the middle of the night. Please fix this before launch. I dont want to have a house filled with darkness that I can only be inside during the days to be able to see anything.

How it is normally:
    IJPnk9u.png

How it suddenly lights up when close to the lightsorce, 1 step closer then the previous picture.

A14cPZB.jpg

I hate this so much! This house was one of my favourites and yet it seems the worst effected by this :cry:

I was really looking forward to decorating this place and playing around in here with different ideas, but its just not possible... I'm not sure I would even risk buying this home on live (as well as MOST of the others too) as there is now no way of knowing whether lighting will be reverted back to how it was at the start of the pts, with so little time left until homestead is released...

If it doesn't get fixed during the small amount of time left on the pts, I will be holding off on buying any house I think, until I know that this has been fixed.

• Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    What I honestly don't understand, is why they don't fix it. With how much so many have tried to tell them that it just don't work properly and that it is not good at all... one would have thought it would have been in their interest to fix it.

And if it is some bug which they can't seem to find the trigger on, than atleast tell us that and let us know they are working on it.

*sighs and cross out another house* I really did like that house too..
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which houses are properly working? Is there a list?
    I'll not get any of the infected ones.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went on the pts and previewed a lot of the houses and the lighting was fine in all of them. Is this only when you are decorating? I noticed that some houses, Mournoth, had some light fixtures present that weren't there originally. I was wondering if moving those was causing the problems.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went on the pts and previewed a lot of the houses and the lighting was fine in all of them. Is this only when you are decorating? I noticed that some houses, Mournoth, had some light fixtures present that weren't there originally. I was wondering if moving those was causing the problems.

These are the houses that do not seem affected by the bug (taken from the post by @SadieJoan):

-Grymharth's Woe
    -Kragenhome
    -Mathiisen Manor
    -Cliffshade
    -Dawnshadow
    -Strident Springs Demesne
    -Domus Phrasticus
    -Captain Margaux's Place
    -Hammerdeck End
    -Gardner House
    -Mournoth Keep
    -Twin Arches
    -House of the Silent Magnifico

Having said that, one of the posters above had the bug with Strident Springs, so it might be random.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 31, 2017 9:26PM
  • Myrrah
    Myrrah
    ✭✭✭

These are the houses that do not seem affected by the bug (taken from the post by @SadieJoan):

-Grymharth's Woe
    -Kragenhome
    -Mathiisen Manor
    -Cliffshade
    -Dawnshadow
    -Domus Phrasticus
    -Captain Margaux's Place
    -Hammerdeck End
    -Gardner House
    -Mournoth Keep
    -Twin Arches

Having said that, one of the posters above had the bug with Strident Springs, so it might be random.

it's definately not as bad in strident springs as some of the others though. so there's that :/ and i did have the problem in domus phrasticus as well. Am going to go work on decorating that one now to see if it happens again
    Edited by Myrrah on January 31, 2017 9:39PM
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had problems with both Domus Phrasticus and Twin Arches. Most prominently when it's dark outside. But nowhere near the problems I had with Velothi Reverie.
    Wouldn't know about the rest, didn't try to decorate them. :|

When buying a house, it is wise to buy one that already has a light(er) interior without any lamps.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myrrah wrote: »

-Grymharth's Woe
    -Kragenhome
    -Mathiisen Manor
    -Cliffshade
    -Dawnshadow
    -Domus Phrasticus
    -Captain Margaux's Place
    -Hammerdeck End
    -Gardner House
    -Mournoth Keep
    -Twin Arches

it's definately not as bad in strident springs as some of the others though. so there's that :/ and i did have the problem in domus phrasticus as well. Am going to go work on decorating that one now to see if it happens again

It's definitely bad though lol. The screenshot you posted shows a bunch of lights thaf aren't emanating. It's just a lighter house than some.of the other ones.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 31, 2017 11:34PM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

-Grymharth's Woe
    -Kragenhome
    -Mathiisen Manor
    -Cliffshade
    -Dawnshadow
    -Domus Phrasticus
    -Captain Margaux's Place
    -Hammerdeck End
    -Gardner House
    -Mournoth Keep
    -Twin Arches

I went to all of the houses at several different times of day, and tested with several different light sources, to get those results, but I did notice that the large Nord house was still affected after making this post though, it was a Nord chandelier which had a whitish coloured light that made it appear to be ok ( it seems lighting with white colouring can make the bug unnoticeable) but after removing the chandeliers in that house, I had the bug, even after I had replaced them it remained...

The houses in that list, I have never encountered the bug in, strident springs (the house that I intend to buy when this update goes live) I have never seen this bug happen in either (some of the houses are unnecessarily dark at certain times of day, but the funny lighting bug does not occur in them, and the darkness can be overcome with stupid amounts of lighting placed down, the homes with the bug will never be light, no matter how many lights you use, I have tried 100s in the Breton house, covering the entire floor with the brightest braziers I could find,and with chandeliers on the ceiling too, and it was STILL dark :lol: ) but even so, I will not be buying a house until I know this is fixed! Because even if the house that I personally want seems currently unaffected, it is still too dark and will likely take 100+ lights to brighten it up, and who knows what it will be like on live, especially if this 'bug' is actually intended...
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on February 1, 2017 1:14AM