The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Player behaviour that drives you crazy ...

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
... share your stories!

Most times I am a pretty gentle and friendly player but when I see specific kinds of player behaviour I am getting insane. Some examples?

- Templars spamming Biting Jabs or Jesus Beam

- Sorcs hard casting Crystal Fragments several times in a row

- Sorcs standing around while their pets do the job

Etc.

Tell me what kind of behaviours bothers you in ESO!
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People complaining about players playing how they want.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teabagging. Nothing does a better job of saying "I have the maturity of Butthead".
    Lethal zergling
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. True.

But why would someone get upset with tenplars spamming jabs since it's designed to be a spam just like force pulse and strife are.
    Options
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. True.

But why would someone get upset with tenplars spamming jabs since it's designed to be a spam just like force pulse and strife are.

Exactly. Might as well complain about those tanks taking aggro and those healers healing.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teabagging. Nothing does a better job of saying "I have the maturity of Butthead".

Nothing also does a better job of getting under certain people's skin lol.
    Options
  • Emencie
    Emencie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jumping.
    What are you a bunny? Hold your butt still for 5 seconds!
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players swooping in on nodes ... while you're fighting the mobs occupying said nodes.
    Options
  • Dr_Resilient
    Dr_Resilient
    ✭✭✭

When this "how they want" slow down the group, cause a wipe etc, yes, the group can complain.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Players complaining about how others play
    2. People coming to the forums asking to nerf X or Y (in terms of PvP effects)
    3. People who vote to kick or who intend to prevent players from doing content based on their level
    4. People who try and convince others to PvP when someone point blank states they enjoy PvE and don't want to PvP
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Analyze why you are upset.

Then realize there is no spoon.

Ok, serious - if you are upset because you are in a group there is a potential for conversation, just remember to be polite because the other player did not directly ask for your advice.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emencie wrote: »
    Jumping.

Only running dungeons if i can jump uncontrollably during the whole process, otherwise i wont at all.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. True.

Yeah sure spamming ONLY Biting Jabs is what ZOS wanted when designing this ability, right?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploiting.
    Jo'Khaljor
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. Players complaining about how others play
    2. People coming to the forums asking to nerf X or Y (in terms of PvP effects)
    3. People who vote to kick or who intend to prevent players from doing content based on their level
    4. People who try and convince others to PvP when someone point blank states they enjoy PvE and don't want to PvP

So, you don't want to come PvP with me?
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People making threads complaining about how people play the game
    Options
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When this "how they want" slow down the group, cause a wipe etc, yes, the group can complain.

I'm not talking about content like vWGT. I'm talking about most other dungeons, which are rather easy to complete, even with a group member underperforming. I feel like using whatever abilities you wish should be encouraged in an Elder Scrolls game, but this is an MMO, so I understand both sides. My point is that some people will constantly nag about your build doing .1% less DPS than it should. I am someone who will grind for hours for BIS, but I understand that its not for everyone. Unless you do not know how to use abilities, if this is in a normal dungeon, it shouldn't matter. If this is a vet dungeon, then yes of course they should know what they are doing. They shouldn't be told to rework their entire build just for not being meta, however. If the difference is only marginal, unless you are doing vMOL, I say go for it. Try that crazy concept. It is just a game, afterall. Just because min/maxing is fun for you (and me), doesn't mean it is fun for them. Don't ruin their fun.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Play how you want is a lie.

Sucks but if you want -actual- play how you want there are better games for it than this one.
    Options
  • Dr_Resilient
    Dr_Resilient
    ✭✭✭
    When people get one shot and blame my heals.

Or when i sacrifice someone to keep beaming the final boss(with few HP) to the death when we are near a wipe, and the chat is only ******* OMGGGGGG ****** hell.
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Play how you want is a lie.

Sucks but if you want -actual- play how you want there are better games for it than this one.

They are called single player games.
    Edited by Luigi_Vampa on January 25, 2017 5:55PM
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jumping.

Only running dungeons if i can jump uncontrollably during the whole process, otherwise i wont at all.

Yeah, if you aren't allowed to jump like a flea on speed how would other players know how cool you are!
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping.
    ^This!^

I sooo wish jumping would cost stamina, just like sprinting...
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Players attacking mobs they don't need to and dragging them closer to nodes to make it look like they did. And then when they cry about someone taking "their" node while they were killing those mobs that they didn't need to.

Players who complain when you attack "their" mob.

Players who complain that you didn't help them with the mob they were fighting.

Players who are attacking everything in a delve, so you start doing the same so you both get to the boss together... Then they wait for you to get agro and make a bee line towards the boss. Believe it or not that 800 plus CP player isn't slowing down because he needs your help on the boss, he is slowing down so you don't have to wait several minutes on the respawn.

Players who think they own the area they are grinding.

Players who enter and attack the mobs where I am grinding.

Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who feel entitled to insult and belittle others in their PUG veteran dungeon group, because: "I can solo this." Then go solo it. I would rather teach the mechanics to the CP80 trying out his first veteran dungeon instead of listening to you whine. In these cases, this dungeon is not big enough for the both of us, so if I can't vote to kick you, I am leaving myself, with apologies to the CP80.

"Singing" bad rap in area chat, meanwhile, will get you added to my mute list. I prefer to hear the conversations, not the people trying to increase their YouTube following, but that is easy enough to remedy.

Aside from that, I am pretty easy going.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping.

what is up with that??? talk about breaking up your immersion - it's the weirdest looking thing in the world when you're fighting in cyrodiil...people are "hopping" around everywhere...

although, it is fun to target those people with different knock down moves so you can watch them go flying...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't mind if people play how they want to play as long as it is within reason. I don't wanna see a stam DK DPS running around with an inferno staff and a sword and shield. If they wanna play like that as a solo player then more power to them but if they are going to hinder a group like that then that is their own fault.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. True.

Exactly. Might as well complain about those tanks taking aggro and those healers healing.

Omg yes. I get so annoyed about healers healing. They need to be kicked from the group.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Politics in Zone Chat.

Its a game, we are here to take a break from the world.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Lol. True.

Yeah sure spamming ONLY Biting Jabs is what ZOS wanted when designing this ability, right?

@Seraphayel

There is a build that's basically puncturing sweep until execute that pull mid to high 40k in a raid. Can get hear 40k unbuffed. I've not breached 50k with it but a good player probably can. It's not expected to be as good next update.

So yes.
    Options
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭

People complaining about getting kicked for spamming wrecking blow in a dungeon because "they wanna play how they wanna play".
    Options
  • OOJIMMY
    OOJIMMY
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Lol. True.

Stamplar don't have much other to spam. You buff, set dots and jab with light attacks inbetween.
    If your taliking about pvp is only slightly different.
    Options