The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Player behaviour that drives you crazy ...

• Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK tanks wearing plague doctor
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People ignoring other people in the guild chat. When somebody says something and stays ignored.

People asking for crafters. That's it. They don't provide any info, so a crafter would need to message them and ask what they want, what's the tip etc. And usually the tip is something silly like 5k maybe 10. And you're like - really? That's why I stopped doing what I"m doing? And then all that awkward part where you have to back off.

People complaining about players playing how they want.

When this "how they want" slow down the group, cause a wipe etc, yes, the group can complain.

I'm not talking about content like vWGT. I'm talking about most other dungeons, which are rather easy to complete, even with a group member underperforming. I feel like using whatever abilities you wish should be encouraged in an Elder Scrolls game, but this is an MMO, so I understand both sides. My point is that some people will constantly nag about your build doing .1% less DPS than it should. I am someone who will grind for hours for BIS, but I understand that its not for everyone. Unless you do not know how to use abilities, if this is in a normal dungeon, it shouldn't matter. If this is a vet dungeon, then yes of course they should know what they are doing. They shouldn't be told to rework their entire build just for not being meta, however. If the difference is only marginal, unless you are doing vMOL, I say go for it. Try that crazy concept. It is just a game, afterall. Just because min/maxing is fun for you (and me), doesn't mean it is fun for them. Don't ruin their fun.

No one EVER complains about a build doing 1% less DPS than it should.

Also your last sentence. Sure, he wouldn't ruin their fun IF they didn't come to his group being bad and ruining his fun.
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other people with "Bacon" in their name. Who the heck do these people think they are?!?
    #AlmostGood@ESO
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing the copy-paste 'elite' combo of The Flawless Conqueror' title, Maw of Lorkaj skin, and pirate costume, with helmet hidden. Usually Stamina sorc.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

agree.gif
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People trying to be funny with immersion breaking names that are actually really stupid. Some of the names I see on people's characters make me smh.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hand_Bacon wrote: »
    Other people with "Bacon" in their name. Who the heck do these people think they are?!?

Yeah! Plus they make me hungry!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People that say they "play for fun" as an insult. As if the rest of us play the game to not have fun
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sore losers! Actually no... alot of the time they're pretty entertaining :)
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭

People complaining about getting kicked for spamming wrecking blow in a dungeon because "they wanna play how they wanna play".

I wonder if thats why I got kicked out of a dungeon the other day? For spamming jabs?
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This 100%
    Who are you OP to complain about how someone plays the game they paid for. Sounds like another forum of elitism which is taking over every mmo on the market.
  • Suleku
    Suleku
    Soul Shriven
    lol when your team wipes only once..... and people just flat out leave without saying anything -.-
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castagere wrote: »

This 100%
    Who are you OP to complain about how someone plays the game they paid for. Sounds like another forum of elitism which is taking over every mmo on the market.

Poor snowflakes, I did not want to trigger anybody. Just a fun thread. :)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    Players swooping in on nodes ... while you're fighting the mobs occupying said nodes.

Since I can't attack them, I throw mudballs at them. >:) LOL
    Master Angler
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teabagging. Nothing does a better job of saying "I have the maturity of Butthead".

Except perhaps saying, "I have the maturity of Butthead"
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorcs in BlackRose, viper, velidreth, who use poisons in duells and complain that I killed him using Jesus beam ......
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players making threads focused on complaining.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Players attacking mobs they don't need to and dragging them closer to nodes to make it look like they did. And then when they cry about someone taking "their" node while they were killing those mobs that they didn't need to.

Players who complain when you attack "their" mob.

Players who complain that you didn't help them with the mob they were fighting.

Players who are attacking everything in a delve, so you start doing the same so you both get to the boss together... Then they wait for you to get agro and make a bee line towards the boss. Believe it or not that 800 plus CP player isn't slowing down because he needs your help on the boss, he is slowing down so you don't have to wait several minutes on the respawn.

Players who think they own the area they are grinding.

Players who enter and attack the mobs where I am grinding.

Little contradiction there?
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • borgking
    borgking
    ✭✭✭
    Have to admit i spam CF a lot..mainly cos its the most powerful spell i have and the stun effect is pretty handy..
    i do use other spells but my main damage skill apart from a staff damage spell is CF.
    Sorry to be another statistic that the OP hates.
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having to rely on Silent Bobs.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emencie wrote: »
    Jumping.
    What are you a bunny? Hold your butt still for 5 seconds!

OH this one....and people who think moving around a lot in PvE makes them avoid attacks

I get irritated cause I'm trying to heal them and keep asking WHY ARE YOU MOVING FOR NO REASON.
    Only move to avoid red, otherwise pick an area and stay put

.....is it just me.......
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People being something else than orc.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, this is a fun thread. Don't take everything too serious.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jumping.

OH this one....and people who think moving around a lot in PvE makes them avoid attacks

I get irritated cause I'm trying to heal them and keep asking WHY ARE YOU MOVING FOR NO REASON.

When you move as an AoE is placed on you then you're already out of the center which means you're out of red faster. You don't stand still in one spot unless you know you can.
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People dragging down the rest of the group by playing how they want and not caring about performing their proper roles.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping.

Oh yes, this!

"For this boss fight, just stand still. If you move around you will spread the DoTs and too many people will get it. If you stand still, it won't spread, and everyone will survive that phase. Any questions? No? Okay, tank, pull!"
    Single DPS moves all over, stacks the DoTs, and wipes the group. Repeatedly, until kicked.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players who tell you to "get the hell off my treb"... sorry was only trying to help hah
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makes note of all complaints, writes them down so he can do all these things.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Players who complain about players who complain about players playing the way they want to play.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People that act like it's a solo game like when you happen to be going to the same place and they say.... DON'T FOLLOW ME! or act like they own the mobs etc. lol it's an MMORPG!!!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!