The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rakkhat exploit got hotfixed

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Got word of people being banned. Just posting for the salt btw.
    Edited by Woeler on January 24, 2017 5:12PM
  • GeneralPardon
    GeneralPardon
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for the "Why am I being banned?" topics.
    I genuinely hope they also will be stripped from their titles and skins.
    CP10+
    nMA nDSA nSO nAA nHRC nMoL nHoF nAS
  • Beware13
    Beware13
    ✭✭✭
    200_s.gif

[XB1][NA] 805 CP - 8 Max toons
    [PC][NA] 351 CP - 4 Max toons

vMA Flawless • vMoL • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    ...and write their names on a "Wall of Shame"

Funny you mention this, but there is an MMO that has a sort of community - run "blacklist" used to identify trolls, cheaters, and poorly skilled players. It's probably the closest I've seen to an actual "naming and shaming" thread.

Granted it wasn't endorsed by the game company, but it wasn't kept secret either.

Maybe this wouldn't work for a US company, due to lawsuits, but it was kinda interesting to see it in action.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the exact dates that this exploit was active? Because I highly doubt they will take the title off them, so these exploiters who brag after there 3 day ban (if any) can be proven, just say link your achievement and see what dates on it, I'm aware this may actually catch one or two genuine players who just happened to legitimately get it but it's a good indicator for the most part, also I would imagine most guilds record and publish their first HM kill so that's another proof to the non exploiters that they earnt it correctly

The skin I'm not that bothered about but the title irritates me, we worked damned hard to get our titles and as @KoshkaMurka mentioned the first time killing both normal and hard mode was amazing after all the work put into it, it's a shame people don't understand that, it's much more fun/entertaining to actually earn it
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can u get a score of 150 in vmol? i get notifications on xb1 of guildies receiving that score. looks like a cheater notification if u ask me
  • GeneralPardon
    GeneralPardon
    ✭✭✭
    can u get a score of 150 in vmol? i get notifications on xb1 of guildies receiving that score. looks like a cheater notification if u ask me

Yes, if you're a pleb.
    CP10+
    nMA nDSA nSO nAA nHRC nMoL nHoF nAS
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. The video I saw had a time stamp of March 2016
  • Zoner
    Zoner
    ✭✭✭✭
    @pattyLtd wrote: »
    Sooooo they fix this right after the weekend not something i've seen them done before and yet the Dro'mathra destroyerts keep nagging about banning players..... yea right those that said it was an elitist thing in that other thread clearly turned out to be right.

Enjoy your title and i truelly have respect for the skill level of those players .... as for the exploits it wasn't live long enough to have a lasting impact sure a few hundred players that cba to heavy attack a 82M boss for hours might have it too now.

Get over it.

Im sorry but this "elitism" stuff has gone way to far already. Not supporting cheating is "elitist" now? :D Thats the weirdest definition of elitism Ive heard so far. Just... How? So for example if you or your friend were scammed with trade exploit, it would be "elitist" to report the scammer?
    Exploiting/cheating is a huge issue in this game and yeah, I also support patching pvp bugs/trade bugs/etc but I happened to know more about trials and pve. I would say that its good that raiding community is so negative towards exploiters... In pvp, I saw some of the top pvpers using wall glitches or stealing scrolls with Phoenix bug (when it was possible) like its not a big deal. And imo thats a freaking shame.
    Also, I would be happy if there would be more people with (legit) Dro-m'Athra Destroyer titles. :) Raiding community of this game is very small... And more people = more fun. Competition, all this stuff. I personally participated many vMoL training runs, and to be honest, I dont hate those people who glitched the title. I just think they've stolen a huge portion of fun and excitement from themselves (if theyre able to kill the second boss they could just proceed normally and kill Rakkhat). Hovewer, exploiting/cheating is an issue and it affects much more than jsut skins or titles so I think ZOS should be more strict when it comes to mass exploiting.
    The sentiment seems to be 'you have something I want but can't get, so if you don't let me cheat to get it you're elitist scum'. They honestly, genuinely feel entitled to get that dro mathra destroyer by any means necessary because for some reason they think they deserve it despite never being able to obtain it legitimately.

If their actions cheapen the achievements of many dedicated and hard working players, they don't care because they want it and that's the only thing that matters. 'Elitists' made the title sought after in the first place by making it a rare and admirable thing, and now they want the admiration those elitists have without having to do any of the work.

Soon it'll be 'I can't get flawless conqueror but I want it so I'll cheat to get it, because I have as much right to it as you do and if you don't agree you're elitist.'
    NA EP
    Seren Vedrano - EP NB
    Geldis Vedrano -EP DK
    Andewen Vedrano - EP Templar
    Swiggity Swag - DC NB
    Vashai The Impotent - AD DK
    Sprints-With-Erect-Spine - EP Templar
    Approved Inoffensive Name - EP Sorc
    Serana Vedrano - EP DK
    Cuckpoints - EP sorc
  • flizomica
    flizomica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Too late...

So many people got skins and titles lols.

No one got the skin using that exploit, the exploit allowed them to cheese the last boss only to get the skin you need to kill all bosses. Glad its fixed quickly though

Common misconception, it's actually only killing rakkhat that gives you the skin.

When I got my skin originally, I had never cleared the twins. I was just subbing in for a DPS that had to leave on Rakkhat and was friends with that core group.
  • xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    I declined an invitation to one of these exploit runs last weekend. I saw no reason to have a skin and a title that I didn't earn. I wouldn't want to run around pretending that I DID earn it. What happens the first time someone invites you on a run because they think you are capable and you're really just average, like I am. "uhh no I'm busy fishing" lol. Anyway, I'm glad they fixed it.
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Zoner wrote: »
    Sooooo they fix this right after the weekend not something i've seen them done before and yet the Dro'mathra destroyerts keep nagging about banning players..... yea right those that said it was an elitist thing in that other thread clearly turned out to be right.

Enjoy your title and i truelly have respect for the skill level of those players .... as for the exploits it wasn't live long enough to have a lasting impact sure a few hundred players that cba to heavy attack a 82M boss for hours might have it too now.

Get over it.

Im sorry but this "elitism" stuff has gone way to far already. Not supporting cheating is "elitist" now? :D Thats the weirdest definition of elitism Ive heard so far. Just... How? So for example if you or your friend were scammed with trade exploit, it would be "elitist" to report the scammer?
    Exploiting/cheating is a huge issue in this game and yeah, I also support patching pvp bugs/trade bugs/etc but I happened to know more about trials and pve. I would say that its good that raiding community is so negative towards exploiters... In pvp, I saw some of the top pvpers using wall glitches or stealing scrolls with Phoenix bug (when it was possible) like its not a big deal. And imo thats a freaking shame.
    Also, I would be happy if there would be more people with (legit) Dro-m'Athra Destroyer titles. :) Raiding community of this game is very small... And more people = more fun. Competition, all this stuff. I personally participated many vMoL training runs, and to be honest, I dont hate those people who glitched the title. I just think they've stolen a huge portion of fun and excitement from themselves (if theyre able to kill the second boss they could just proceed normally and kill Rakkhat). Hovewer, exploiting/cheating is an issue and it affects much more than jsut skins or titles so I think ZOS should be more strict when it comes to mass exploiting.
    The sentiment seems to be 'you have something I want but can't get, so if you don't let me cheat to get it you're elitist scum'. They honestly, genuinely feel entitled to get that dro mathra destroyer by any means necessary because for some reason they think they deserve it despite never being able to obtain it legitimately.

If their actions cheapen the achievements of many dedicated and hard working players, they don't care because they want it and that's the only thing that matters. 'Elitists' made the title sought after in the first place by making it a rare and admirable thing, and now they want the admiration those elitists have without having to do any of the work.

Soon it'll be 'I can't get flawless conqueror but I want it so I'll cheat to get it, because I have as much right to it as you do and if you don't agree you're elitist.'

@Zoner
    Lol if you are referring to me you couldnt be more wrong i honestly dont give a *** about the title, skin nor how you get it i was merely referring to the part of wanting to have everyone that uses a glitch banned but nice try.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1

:D
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KoshkaMurka

i agree with you that they miss out on ever being able to get that awesome feeling it gives you when you and your friend finally beat something that seemed near impossible when you first started trying.

Maybe i used the term "elitist" wrong i admit to that. I mostly am against the "ban them all" requests because it's also a game and the people you are willing to ban for using an exploit that allows them to kill the boss painfully slow in my opinion is just over the top.

The exploit is fixed now and that's a good thing.
    Don't forget people will forget about this and the few that "glitched" their way into a skin or maybe even title will be the minority since it's been fixed very fast.

Well, there's no point in that skin or title other than bragging rights. Why wear it if you havent earned? That basically means lying to people. I just saw how some of the people who bought the skin are using it... As a "better than thou" argument (seriously, Ive never seen legit "destroyers" acting so elitist). So I dont think that "Im a dromathra destroyer and youre a scrub" situations in guilds or group dungeons would be a good thing. And then people would run to forums complaining how evil those "elitists" are. So I dont really have sympathy if they ever get banned.
    I dont know about minorities if it really was so widespread on consoles...
    So I think that they at least need to remove skins and titles obtained via the glitch.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Too late...

So many people got skins and titles lols.

No one got the skin using that exploit, the exploit allowed them to cheese the last boss only to get the skin you need to kill all bosses. Glad its fixed quickly though

Common misconception, it's actually only killing rakkhat that gives you the skin.

When I got my skin originally, I had never cleared the twins. I was just subbing in for a DPS that had to leave on Rakkhat and was friends with that core group.

*cough* you know nothing... mhhhmm what?

If the bosses were killed and you joined in on rakkhat yes you would of got skin/title.

YOU didn't need to clear them, they just had to be dead.

SOOOO, the people who did just think to run around and kill rakkhat actually got NOTHING.

BUT! The groups that were struggling, killed the first 2 bosses then sent their sorcs around to kill rakkhat while remaining dead in the arena...

This is exactly what happened.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KoshkaMurka

i agree with you that they miss out on ever being able to get that awesome feeling it gives you when you and your friend finally beat something that seemed near impossible when you first started trying.

Maybe i used the term "elitist" wrong i admit to that. I mostly am against the "ban them all" requests because it's also a game and the people you are willing to ban for using an exploit that allows them to kill the boss painfully slow in my opinion is just over the top.

The exploit is fixed now and that's a good thing.
    Don't forget people will forget about this and the few that "glitched" their way into a skin or maybe even title will be the minority since it's been fixed very fast.

Well, there's no point in that skin or title other than bragging rights. Why wear it if you havent earned? That basically means lying to people. I just saw how some of the people who bought the skin are using it... As a "better than thou" argument (seriously, Ive never seen legit "destroyers" acting so elitist). So I dont think that "Im a dromathra destroyer and youre a scrub" situations in guilds or group dungeons would be a good thing. And then people would run to forums complaining how evil those "elitists" are. So I dont really have sympathy if they ever get banned.
    I dont know about minorities if it really was so widespread on consoles...
    So I think that they at least need to remove skins and titles obtained via the glitch.

Please don't get my wrong as i said before i agree with the part that they take away a huge part of the fun for themselves and I am ok with them taking away titles or skins but is it real worth the effort of any time spend to figure out who got it legit or who didn't? I simply don't think so.

I don't have the title or skin since i don't have the skill or enough friends good enough to drag me through it lol.
    I'm just sharing my thought on the matter not trying to bash you or anyone else. Feel slightly misunderstood lol.

But let's celebrate the end of the exploit well at least of this one ;)
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decado wrote: »
    Does anyone know the exact dates that this exploit was active? Because I highly doubt they will take the title off them, so these exploiters who brag after there 3 day ban (if any) can be proven, just say link your achievement and see what dates on it, I'm aware this may actually catch one or two genuine players who just happened to legitimately get it but it's a good indicator for the most part, also I would imagine most guilds record and publish their first HM kill so that's another proof to the non exploiters that they earnt it correctly

The skin I'm not that bothered about but the title irritates me, we worked damned hard to get our titles and as @KoshkaMurka mentioned the first time killing both normal and hard mode was amazing after all the work put into it, it's a shame people don't understand that, it's much more fun/entertaining to actually earn it

My guild got our HM completion the day after the exploit became well known and one of our members has already been accused of exploiting because of this kind of flawed thinking. Fortunately our completion as well as most of our progression is recorded.
    Edited by timidobserver on January 25, 2017 3:36PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see zero whine threads on the forum.

I guess this confirms it: ZOS has an absolute tolerance policy on cheating and exploits.

Don't be suckers, next time everyone should exploit.

JK.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭

My guild got our HM completion the day after the exploit became well known and one of our members has already been accused of exploiting because of this kind of flawed thinking. Fortunately our completion as well as most of our progression is recorded.

Flawed thinking? Shall I point out when I said

"Also I would imagine most guilds record and publish their first HM kill" so I already took that into account didn't I? It's not hard when you get accused of exploiting to point to the video and go no exploits there

Also I imagine your guild will probably do it a few more times since you've now completed (gratz on that btw)
    Edited by Decado on January 25, 2017 4:25PM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should fix the fact we get dcd instead of this.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Flawed thinking? Shall I point out when I said

"Also I would imagine most guilds record and publish their first HM kill" so I already took that into account didn't I? It's not hard when you get accused of exploiting to point to the video and go no exploits there

Also I imagine your guild will probably do it a few more times since you've now completed (gratz on that btw)

Yes, I view randomly accusing people of exploiting as flawed thinking.

[It would be too much effort to find it while posting from my phone, but just pretend that I linked the popular Jon Snow tinfoil hat meme here.]

• Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only people who will get accused of cheating are the ones who suddenly appear with the title and start with a huge ego showing off in chat and giving others *** etc, if you quietly go about your business with the title most people wouldn't comment on it or even consider it
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only people who will get accused of cheating are the ones who suddenly appear with the title and start with a huge ego showing off in chat and giving others *** etc, if you quietly go about your business with the title most people wouldn't comment on it or even consider it

The most important word in your post is "most" given that the accusation last night was based purely on seeing someone with the title. No matter how you go about it, it is flawed thinking and somewhat paranoid to make random accusations.

• Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guild cleared hardmode a few days before this exploit went public. Of course we have it recorded and anyone who actually knows me knows I was at it for a long time. But am I supposed to link a YouTube video to pugs in zone chat. I've already been accused of cheating like 4 times by random people in mournhold
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People need to shut up whinging about this now. Old news and boring. Get over it. News Flash.

This won't be the last time something like this happens. Quit now or get used to it.

Did anyone ever use old school cheats on games like doom and gta? Remember how much they killed the game and your interest in them as normal was just too hard without them? It'll be the same for these people. They'll drop out when they get bored and we'll carry on.

Sense of accomplishment is far better than 5 mins if cheating...or on thier sad case 133 mins@10k snipe dps killing rakkhat. Let them have thier 5 mins.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    If you didn't use the exploit think of it this way: you still earned an achievement time stamp outside of when the glitch was known/when it was patched. If the first time you did it legit was during the glitch period, you still have a sensible flow of achievements.

Albeit, the "look at how awesome I am" value of the skin and title are diminished, and prestige-based valuation is totally fine, but you still have proof you did it. The cheaters have an achievement list and scoreboard record that perma-brands them as a cheater. ZOS can easily jump in and recognize cheat-based trial activity and they have to live with that paranoia.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any chance of fixing the double mundus exploit also ?