The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do you do when the DPS sucks in group dungeons?

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
The healer and tank are awesome, but your group's dps sucks bad and can't beat the boss with the dps output, what do you do?

Example: vet fungal 2 2nd boss, cradle, Mazzatun, icp, coa 2, darkshade 2 2nd last boss, etc.
Edited by akl77 on January 22, 2017 12:10PM
Pc na

What do you do when the DPS sucks in group dungeons? 429 votes

Vote to kick them
13%
raidentenshu_ESOAstridKiramekuStillianKhaos_BanebottleofsyrupSinthraxPetitesseVahrokhpaulsimonpsDerraHenryc1t807Savodral_MaryraluStrider__RoshinAmorphoWeesacsRosenrotWolfMefromnorwaygriffkhalifaComboBreaker88 58 votes
Leave the group yourself
22%
CireousGilvothSlurgMojmirotis67itsfatbassGigasaxzariaSeptimus_MagnaKnootewootIselinGilbert_Gaucirwb17_ESOBeardedOrphanmertustarosendoichinoveb17_ESOThestephenmcraeub17_ESOyotanutDenniMyuuAzraelKriegDantonian_Rarstiana 96 votes
Do nothing and plays on forever
8%
FlorialIronsideSaltypretzelsDrasnzirockGaldorPAimoraEdziuRustyfish101ShyftyVevvevDuxesSoafeepod88kkjohu31Lokey0024itehacheUphzGawdSBWhiteMage 36 votes
Teach them and keeps trying
35%
GrunimkewlSirAndyMorbashDonnasnowheart_ESOSorianawayfarerxsParkSnareRastafarielcwolfe702b14_ESOdeepseamk20b14_ESOHoyleguBlackSparrowRemag_DivPlagueSDwenchmore420b14_ESOWuffyCeruleiPhilhypeArrodisiaKelzana 154 votes
Disband the group
0%
batters92BlazingDynamo 2 votes
Whisper hate to them
0%
pjwb16_ESOkarma69allup8679Wrecking_Blow_Spam 4 votes
Ask them to leave
1%
DiatonicHatchetHarolaksikusJarlUlfricCimadoniomgi87 6 votes
Other
17%
KalfisNewBlacksmurfBigBraggnordsavageToast_STSlolo_01b16_ESOValvealainjbrennanb16_ESOnaga.Elara_NorthwindKhenarthiSaturnUntrustedExistenzShareeDevsrfrogg23Wifeaggro13Troneondem0n1kTannus15 73 votes
  • Phica_Lovic
    Phica_Lovic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of these answers are unproductive.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Phica -Max CP - Lvl 50 Argonian Sorc Healer since launch

• Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave the group yourself
    Tbh I normally try to give it a good go but when it's soo obviously impossible (in vet dungeons) I'd try to explain why before I leave. Unfortunately having a full on utility tank and healer in the group limits net damage for vet final bosses. I'm not saying they're the problem but the dps has to be top notch in that situation.
    Edited by Jimbullbee85 on January 22, 2017 12:18PM
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • Stillian
    Stillian
    ✭✭✭
    Vote to kick them
    Usually i send a link for some guide on the net with skillbuild pictures, if the guy improves at least a bit we go on, if he starts bitching he is out. Unfortunately most players are really unhappy with pointing out that they deal damage that is closer to zero than to somehting that can be considered damage, and even more unhappy with someone giving them advice, so i guess votekick is a thing that happens most often.

People can train in normal dungeons before they attempt veteran ones.

#Elitism4Life

When tank is not tanking he is kicked, healer is not healing he is kicked, so why when a damage dealer does not deal damage, does not play the role he signed up as, why should this be tolerated?
    Edited by Stillian on January 22, 2017 12:19PM
    Elitist Scum Guild PC EU
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vote to kick them
    Vote to kick, if that doesn't work I'll leave. Can't be bothered to waste time on these special snowflake builds and the play how you want disease.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Switch to dps gear, let them die if they don't self heal and kill the boss without them. Works quite well for most dungeons. And obviously I don't attempt stuff like rom hm or cos hm with random dds.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Usually that dps is me. So I politely see myself out before I get kicked
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cry :'(
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the group yourself
    I hate kicking. I just leave by myself, when I'm playing heal or tank. If I play DD - this is my fault and I leave because I feel the shame of my useless.
    So yes, I leave in every possible case.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /dance

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Since my main job is being DD, blame myself since I know all the dungeons and mechanics and that it takes the lowest DPS possible to fail.

So I stop wiping the floor and git gud. You don't get far blaming only others.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I try and do it anyways, they won't get any better if they keep getting kicked.

But if they are too bad or the bosses require good damage or strategy (like the 3 guars that requires to be killed at the same time) I will try and vote kick or leave. But I only do that if they are horrible and ignore strategies. I don't mind fights draging out due to poor damage (besides I am far from the best DPS)
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if I playing with randoms then Im always as DD and if support is great and dungeon is non-dlc then I just dont care about this nub and I kill those bosses solo with this good support :D
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the group yourself
    If DPS is really (I mean REALLY) bad, and if damage dealers are high lvl/CP, since I'm always healer or tank, I leave. I may be patient with low lvl newbies, but not with 300CP+ 2k dps.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Vote to kick them
    You know how we do it boi.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Whisper hate?
    I let my disdain be know publicly, spouting out profanity like a sailor, belittling the bad player(s) before kindly seeing myself out.

Alright, that isn't true but I will either vote kick or leave myself. I might give advice periodically but I found that people don't take kindly to it so stopped that awhile ago. I will give it a chance if I feel there is SOME possibility to clear, although that's very rarely the case.
    Argonian forever
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    What consider dps to suck? I play with anyone, any levels, doesn't matter how much damages they are putting out, as long as each are contributing in the fight. I've gone through plenty of normal dungeons with the others being in level 10 and 15, as well as those in the CP 100s and lower for certain vet dungeons. It doesn't matter if we have no tank, 3 dps and a healer or 2 healer and dps, or just the 2 or 3 of us.. fudge it, let's roll through. There is an end at the other side of the dungeon. If you leave, fine, we'll re-queue for a replacement while we move on. If you don't contribute for the entire dungeon run, such as "Oh, I'm only in here just for a (certain) weapon or armor piece," then bye-bye, you.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have approximently infinite soul gems.... and if I don't have something else to do....
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh I have had much worse tanks than DPS people in PUG's.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's non-dlc dungeon I can solo dps it with a good tank and healer if the other one isn't doing much.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if they have a mic I try to give them tips on their build and rotation if they want it.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Hop onto my dps with a taunt.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Talk it out

If we can't finish then I'll excuse myself and leave
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can go at it three or four times and try different strategies if that doesn't work it's pretty much not gonna happen.
    After all everyone should be allowed to play the way they want, because that is what makes the game fun.
    Edited by Vipstaakki on January 22, 2017 2:19PM
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the group yourself
    Everyone gets a chance, but if there's too much screwing around and I can tell it's just not gonna happen, I'm outta there.
    NA PS4
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Boot the healer...it's always their fault.

[sarcasm]
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    My only experience in dungeons is doing normal modes when i was farming viper and rattlecage(mainly a pvper). So i could solo these dungeons myself, it would take forever but it wouldnt be a problem for me. So if the dps sucks literally makes like a 5- 10 min difference to me.

I may make certain suggestions in chat to help with dps but its not my job to teach these guys to play nor my place to tell them how to play. Life goes on and i find a new group after the final boss.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Vote to kick, if that doesn't work I'll leave. Can't be bothered to waste time on these special snowflake builds and the play how you want disease.

Sure there's an element of that in the game, but the majority of times when this happens it's just newer players that haven't gotten to grips with the finer points of the game yet.

In such a situation it's far better to be kind and try and help them a bit, rather than acting like a bigot immediately going for the kick. In fact, in no situation should you just kick someone without trying to help them first. It's just plain immature and rude.

If you're going to do that, don't join up with random players in the first place. It works both ways.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    Its funny because of the expendability of DPS since there are tons of DPS players. If this was a tank or healer I think one would try harder to 'teach' them the mechanics before kicking them out. IMO
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    That depends really. From my experience, there's a lot of nice newbies that are actually willing to listen and improve.
    And Idk, but a lot of super low dps people that Ive met lately had high cps (500+). For example, yesterday I was doing pledges and we invited some random dd. Turned out that one dd did 96% of all dps, healer (me) did another 3% (full support trial setup that Im too lazy to change whne I do dungeons) and tank did around 2 probably... Which means that another dd (500+ cps) did less that 1k dps. He was mostly just running around doing weird things and sometimes used silver shards.
    The first dd was good so it wasnt an issue... But in a difficult dungeon I'd either kick someone like this or leave.
    I guess cp grind does more harm than good.
    Everyone gets a chance, but if there's too much screwing around and I can tell it's just not gonna happen, I'm outta there.
    This.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on January 22, 2017 3:09PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU