The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Welcome to the Grand Topal Hideaway Arena !

Sotha_Sil
Sotha_Sil
✭✭✭✭✭
Are you tired of dueling in the same places ? come to the Grand Topal Hideaway Arena ! More than 632 blocks were used for the construction, many argonian slaves died. Unfortunately due to the furnishing slot limit, I could not make it bigger.

116993Screenshot20170121142522.png
442843Screenshot20170121142449.png
130329Screenshot20170121142549.png
432763Screenshot20170121142544.png
414764Screenshot20170121142615.png
698497Screenshot20170121142555.png
135092Screenshot20170121142649.png
957824Screenshot20170121142713.png
186120Screenshot20170121143314.png
355496Screenshot20170121143328.png

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :open_mouth:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - that looks incredible. So how long did it take you?
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Approximately 6 hours haha. I wanted to make it as big as the Colosseum in the begining then I had to lower my expectations. The stones costed me 103K gold :).
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on January 19, 2017 5:11AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Lunarhound
    Lunarhound
    ✭✭✭
    Places like this are a good argument for being given the option to set our houses as publicly searchable and open to all visitors. Then again, popular places would always be full with the current player cap at 24.
    Edited by Lunarhound on January 19, 2017 5:31AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those imperial statues (not the redguard ones) are they craftable?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. I want to make an arena but the fact you used 600+ slot for one off this size :(

It's cool though. I'm gonna see if there is any bigger blocks to use.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uuuuugh no wonder you hit the limit so fast, you're forced to use individual blocks instead of a larger curved wall structure. >.< You did great with the tools you were given, I just hope we can get some larger architectural pieces at some point.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice job, Topal definitely has the best area for building things. I made a temple which turned out nice.
    muPy8Zq.png
    ycrJn4q.png
    oUN7AAO.png
    czWaziE.png
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone experimented with making a staircase up the volcano?
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »

Yes.

I will tell you that those sneaky *** that put up invisible walls all over managed to block off a lot of interesting exploration options.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those imperial statues (not the redguard ones) are they craftable?

I don't know I bought them in the crown store.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Nice job, Topal definitely has the best area for building things. I made a temple which turned out nice.
    muPy8Zq.png
    ycrJn4q.png
    oUN7AAO.png
    czWaziE.png

Tell them what the temple is sorc...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Wow, these are great @HoloYoitsu and @Sotha_Sil! Very, very cool.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lunarhound wrote: »
    Places like this are a good argument for being given the option to set our houses as publicly searchable and open to all visitors. Then again, popular places would always be full with the current player cap at 24.

In poking around the code for the Activity Finder for ESO, there is a new one entitled "Home Show" which says - "Queueing for Home Show will take you to player houses at random to vote on." Also some changes in the leader board section with a new category called "House". So seemingly in the future you will be able to visit random people's houses, presumably with them opting in for such things, to vote on their decorating skills. Using the leader board, you will also most likely get to visit the ones the community has determined the most worthy. No word if there are rewards for making the leader board or not.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was going to suggest you could save on the block limit by making the outer walls hollow, but it looks like you may have already done so.

Impressive work.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    In case you want to take your creation to the live server, you can do so with SaveHouse. Right now you can only save the furniture, but not restore it due to a crash bug in the game, but it should get fixed with the next PTS update and for the release on live.
    Edited by sirinsidiator on January 19, 2017 5:41PM
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I was going to suggest you could save on the block limit by making the outer walls hollow, but it looks like you may have already done so.

Impressive work.

Yes most of the time I spent was placing blocks then removing them in order to place more haha. It was the most handy way to place those blocks and I think the fastest in the end ^^. It is not easy to place them correctly when you are not used too :).

@HoloYoitsu very cool indeed! I wonder if we can craft those columns and ty @ZOS_GinaBruno !
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on January 19, 2017 6:48PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Lunarhound wrote: »

In poking around the code for the Activity Finder for ESO, there is a new one entitled "Home Show" which says - "Queueing for Home Show will take you to player houses at random to vote on." Also some changes in the leader board section with a new category called "House". So seemingly in the future you will be able to visit random people's houses, presumably with them opting in for such things, to vote on their decorating skills. Using the leader board, you will also most likely get to visit the ones the community has determined the most worthy. No word if there are rewards for making the leader board or not.

That's incredibly interesting and a brilliant idea by zos. Thanks for sharing.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saved some blocks and could make it even bigger! Edited main post with more screenshots :) Blocks should not be considered as items. Same goes for planks
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on January 21, 2017 1:51PM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

Yes.

I will tell you that those invisible walls all over manage to block off a lot of interesting exploration options.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Look how much excitement all of this freedom brings! Is there any way you could convince the team to do another pass on invisible walls? They really put a damper on creativity as @runagate has said. I realize some are necessary but I feel they could be scaled back a bit on certain houses where it really kills the customizing potential.

Plenty of examples provided in the Invisible Walls Feedback Thread Here
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 21, 2017 5:21PM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

Yes.

I will tell you that those invisible walls all over manage to block off a lot of interesting exploration options.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Look how much excitement all of this freedom brings! Is there any way you could convince the team to do another pass on invisible walls? They really put a damper on creativity as @runagate has said. I realize some are necessary but I feel they could be scaled back a bit on certain houses where it really kills the customizing potential.

Plenty of examples provided in the Invisible Walls Feedback Thread Here

The strange thing is that before the houses were added most of those places you could get into anyway. Like that mountain south of Daggerfall. I've been all over that thing, though nothing is there. I'd like to siege the manor from there, now that I think of it.
  • prettynink
    prettynink
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, you've created a masterpiece!!! Such a shame you've been restricted to expand your creativity any further, due to the cap. After seeing your creation, I say much like the eso plus (unlimited) craft bag that they should definitely implement an eso plus (unlimited) cap for housing!!!
    XBOX ONE: NA
    gt=PRETTYPHOENIX
    561 stam sorc redguard ad (Ma'tet) (9 trait crafter) (Stormproof)
    561 mag dk dunmer dc (Annaksunamin)(Empress)
    561 mag sorc altmer dc (Ammeratasu)(Stormproof)
    561 mag nb altmer dc (The Queen Akasha)(Stormproof)
    561 mag plar altmer dc (Sekmet Menchit) (Shehai Shatterer)
    561 heath dk imp dc (The Queen Khalessi) (Offtank)
    561 stam nb bosmer dc (Missandei Unsullied)
    561 stam sorc orc dc (Hannibal Lectress)
    561 stam dk khajiit dc (Maleficent Domina)
    561 stam plar redguard dc (Laggatha Lothbrok)
    561 healer breton dc (Harleen Quindell) aka Boots
    lvl 15 mag plar argonian ep (Sees All Draws)

Affiliations
    Guild Lead of xTheDarkBrotherhoodx(PVE.Dungeons,Trials,PVP)In house Trade)
    Officer in Daggerfall Big Ticks( PVP)
    UNREST(Trader)
    Motto
    Loyalty,Honor,and Respect

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-Off Stuff) Let Crown Crates Go Night Night, May They NEVER Wake
  • wizzerd_lg_ESO
    That is really beautiful.

I love the Swiss Family Robinson potential Grand Topal has, but $120 in crowns is a bit much for me without more functional decorative options, like being able to staff a place with more NPCs than a half-service banker, merchant, and fence. I hope they bring housing functionality up enough for me to justify this purchase some other time.
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    Dueling is waste of time. I'd never spend $ on furnishing unless ZOS allow us to make custom Forts/Castle on Cyrodil.
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof that sotha sil is still a mad man (lore joke)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did @Sotha_Sil buy the island?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • kaitousenpai
    kaitousenpai
    Soul Shriven
    lXVut2T.png
    Did a crappy version of a canton. I mean, it had the volcano. It had the waters. Might as well do a crappy designed Canton to go with it. Proud of my final work though.

pshiotH.png
    Ry0IHbV.png
    1cbZNtJ.png
    Edited by kaitousenpai on June 11, 2017 5:16AM