Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add "Hide Vampirism" Option in Update 13 (please)

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leave the eyes but hide the horrible skin
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well... if you don't want to look like a vampire... then.. don't be a vampire ? ? For PvE it is purely cosmetic. However It is important for PvP if you see what you are fighting against.

If something... I can only see this as an idea of "alternative" look for vampires & werewolfs. The same as clothing / appearance / skin /polymorph from crown store work.

Well you also do realise people use costumes and helmets to hide there "vampirism" as well.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know that the vampires here are based off the "Bloated Corpse" variety of vampire, the depiction of the vampire that pre-dates Dracula, you know the ones that don't have fangs and resemble bloated corpses.

This is the original bloodline so is based off one of the original depictions.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.

You're basically saying "Give me free buffs and skills"

If you are a vampire you're going to look like one.

Sheesh next people will be asking for a racial appearance but the passives of a different race.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No sorry can't have the perks of being vampire without the downsides

The downside doesn't mean bad art design .

Skyrim Nord vampire . Looks like a vampire . Yes we should look like vampires not zombies .

7863792818_bc718f5ef3_b.jpg

@Rohamad_Ali

The strain of vampirism in ESO is different to in Skyrim.
    If you wanted it to be how it was in Skyrim, then Vampires would suffer in daylight too and you can imagine what type of threads would arise if that happened in ESO.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No - you take the vampire skills, you take the vampire ugly.

Don't want the looks, don't be a vampire - problem solved.

And no - it isn't the same as saying 'don't be an (insert class / race here)' as you MUST pick a class / race when creating a character, but being a vampire is OPTIONAL.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Skyrim Nord vampire . Looks like a vampire . Yes we should look like vampires not zombies .

@Rohamad_Ali

If you wanted it to be how it was in Skyrim, then Vampires would suffer in daylight too and you can imagine what type of threads would arise if that happened in ESO.

Is it ? Please give the full lore on the strain of vampirism that bleaches fur and tattoos . I would love to hear this back story I missed playing all the games since Daggerfall .
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For everyone else that says live with it , we have disguises that hide vampirism in game right now . We already found a way to bypass it . You can't tell if I'm a vampire or not in PVP right now . Sorry , no consequences for vampires currently with appearance . We would like vampire to look like a real vampire and not a bloated zombie so we don't have to hide the appearance anymore . We want to look like vampires . Just not the bad graphics one available .

So we CAN hide vampire appearance RIGHT NOW ! lol

If you LIKE the way vampires look currently great . Not everyone does . So until it gets fixed , you don't get to tell we are vampires .
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rohamad_Ali

That's not an explanation, because no matter where you go in Tamriel, all vampires look the same, and we know that other vampire bloodlines were around at this age. It's just a poor design choice, theres no lore behind it, unless you point me a dev saying that or an in-game source, of course.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on January 17, 2017 2:09AM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, just give us a pale/grayish skin and glowing eyes, not this blueish white skin and white eyes.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on January 17, 2017 2:05AM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or add it as a spectrum. Like adjusting brightness, why spend time and money designing your character and all the tattoos (markings on my khajiit too) are completely invisible? That would be boss
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Sheesh next people will be asking for a racial appearance but the passives of a different race.

They aren't free. It comes with actual debuffs.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    No.

They aren't free. It comes with actual debuffs.

Guess he forgot about that -25% fire resist at T4, glad they dropped it from 75% atleast though
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Bloated corpses are hideous but most people cannot see what is right in front of them, I figured it out long ago.. as I mentioned before these vampires are clearly based on a specific type of vampire, not the Dracula-style vampires of the Volkihar Clan, they can transform into a demonic creature and are merely weakened by sunlight where as these ESO vampires are based off of the depiction of vampires when people thought they were real about a few hundred years ago.

That depiction of vampire was not effected by sunlight at all, they didn't have fangs and they resembled pale bloated corpses just like the vampires here in ESO, so don't say they aren't proper vampires because they don't have fangs when real-life depictions of vampires had no fangs either, it also mirrors the fact that this is the first bloodline in Tamriel and that was one of the first depictions of vampires in real life.
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, there is almost zero consequence in this game.

This is an example of some consequence; an actual choice if you will. Stats but look ugly vs no stats but no ugly.

An actual, marginally meaningful, choice. You should all revel in that!
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Currently, my two main characters are Vampires. This is totally cool and all except for one issue.....

They really look gross :disappointed:

• I can wear full heavy plate armor yet appear as a half-naked wierdo with a bath robe, or wear light armor and equip a Heavy Armor costume
    • I can appear as a Dromathra, Spiderkith, or Soul-Shriven/Mind Shriven despite being a Vampire or non-Vampire
    • I can cosplay as Draugr, Xivkyn, skeleton and more through polymorphs

Yet.... I cannot appear as a beautiful non-Vampire by simply hiding Vampirism.

Please ZOS, include this feature in Update 13. It would be absolutely massive for me personally, and I know many others feel the same way. It should be relatively easy to add into the game as well.

That is all. Thank you! :)

ye and lets remove the fire damage weakness, lets double the area of bat swarm, lets put rank 4 vampirism back to 75% cost reduction.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    Currently, my two main characters are Vampires. This is totally cool and all except for one issue.....

• I can wear full heavy plate armor yet appear as a half-naked wierdo with a bath robe, or wear light armor and equip a Heavy Armor costume
    • I can appear as a Dromathra, Spiderkith, or Soul-Shriven/Mind Shriven despite being a Vampire or non-Vampire

Please ZOS, include this feature in Update 13. It would be absolutely massive for me personally, and I know many others feel the same way. It should be relatively easy to add into the game as well.

ye and lets remove the fire damage weakness, lets double the area of bat swarm, lets put rank 4 vampirism back to 75% cost reduction.

No one's really asking for vampire to be buffed, we just want a simple cosmetic change that's all lol.
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want a "Hide Vampirism" option, as I firmly believe that if you are one you should look it. I do however have a serious issue with how gross they look. Are the veins supposed to look like a PS2 rendered it? Are the tattoos supposed to look so faded like I grew thin white skin over it? Are Argonians supposed to look like pale toads? The eyes look fine to me, and I like the idea of the veins around the eyes becoming less transparent with stage, but everything else looks terrible.

Rework the vamp look and give werewolves some nice green-glowing eyes when in human form or something. I still wonder how those skins made it through QA
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind if we just kept the yellow eyes to prove were vampires, but the skin is just way to much imo
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

@Rohamad_Ali

That's not an explanation, because no matter where you go in Tamriel, all vampires look the same, and we know that other vampire bloodlines were around at this age. It's just a poor design choice, theres no lore behind it, unless you point me a dev saying that or an in-game source, of course.

Has Lamae Bal appeared in previous games?

I ask, because she is the "mother" of this first, original strain of vampirism that was bestowed upon her by Molag Bal — which also makes her a Daughter of Coldharbour. If she hasn't appeared in other ES games, then the developers had every right to design the lore around her particular bloodline of vampirism.

Furthermore, it's from her spawn that other lines of vampirism arise — and the further separated from her those lines become, the more unique they become. Hence, the Volik'har line of vampires in Skyrim, along with Harkon's bloodline, and why they look different from what's presented in ESO.

"Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    they should reverse the way the stages look...

When in stage 1 you are full of blood and content to let the beast with in show...

Stag 4 you look normal as your need to hunt and feed drive you...

Or just add a option to set what stage you want to look like....
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

@Rohamad_Ali

Has Lamae Bal appeared in previous games?

I ask, because she is the "mother" of this first, original strain of vampirism that was bestowed upon her by Molag Bal — which also makes her a Daughter of Coldharbour. If she hasn't appeared in other ES games, then the developers had every right to design the lore around her particular bloodline of vampirism.

Furthermore, it's from her spawn that other lines of vampirism arise — and the further separated from her those lines become, the more unique they become. Hence, the Volik'har line of vampires in Skyrim, along with Harkon's bloodline, and why they look different from what's presented in ESO.

First mention is in Oblivion but she is very old throughout the series and the vampires in those series looked nothing like bloated zombies so ...
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here you go Lamae Bal in ESO, definitely does not look like our vampire skins

LamaeBal.jpg
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on January 17, 2017 8:24AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires got the vampire look.

But... as count ravenwatch has shown, they -can- disguise themselves as mortals.

So I say, there ought to be some option for players to do so as well, balanced by some drawbacks if they don't.

The option could be a skill that needs being slotted, or an item that needs being worn, or a disguise that prevents sneaking and comes off when taking damage...

The drawback might be the reactions of NPCs. Guards would attack "bloodsucking fiends", vendors would call the guard instead of doing business, some quest givers might cower in fear and cry for help... obviously some are made of stronger stuff, Emric knows Varandis is a vampire, and is not fazed, but the common people might have problems.

And while we're at it...

I'd realyl love it if more vampire clichees were added. Some debuff during sunlight (the original dracula did not burn in the sun, he just could not use his vampire powers), but balanced by a buff during nighttime; maybe halved swimming speed to show why vampires dislike "running water", no food buffs (possibly even poisoned when eating food, especially food made with garlic ;) ) but more vampire-themed recipes like "Double Bloody Mara", stuff like that...
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For everyone else that says live with it , we have disguises that hide vampirism in game right now . We already found a way to bypass it . You can't tell if I'm a vampire or not in PVP right now . Sorry , no consequences for vampires currently with appearance . We would like vampire to look like a real vampire and not a bloated zombie so we don't have to hide the appearance anymore . We want to look like vampires . Just not the bad graphics one available .

If you LIKE the way vampires look currently great . Not everyone does . So until it gets fixed , you don't get to tell we are vampires .

a real vampire....

um?
  • Iphin
    Iphin
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have an issue if people want to hide their vampirism although I personally like the look.

It doesn't affect me and my gameplay if they do so.
    "Those who believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand."
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

a real vampire....

um?
    Yet little do they know their characters do resemble real vampires or what were believed a couple centuries ago to have been real vampires, bloated rotted corpses who rose from their grave at night, they had no fangs and were not effected by sunlight in anyway, the people would put iron stakes through their chest to pin them down and even go so far as to either jamming a rock in the "Supposed" vampire's mouth to completely dislocating their skeleton to prevent them from rising from the grave.

• kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you get vampirism from some random vampire I'm going to say the line of vampirism you get in ESO is the same as skyrim pre dawnguard DLC.
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have vampire toons. Vampire level 1 should look normal except for the eyes. Like they are hiding in plain sight. Everything else stays the same. Be careful what you wish for. How about you can look normal but you incur minor maiming during the day?
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendaric wrote: »
    Kendaric wrote: »

No, if someone decides to become a vampire, they should look like one. Vampirism shouldn't be just another skill line to increase your power.

It already is though, and this goes for everything.

Heavy Armor can be covered with light armor costumes. I can wear my Dromathra skin and now I no longer look like a vampire (your point). I can wear Valkyn Skoria's head as a helmet and make it invisible..... I can turn into a Xivkyn -_-

Hiding Vampirism is far less odd than any of these.

You can choose not to become a vampire. And no, wearing a skin shouldn't allow you to hide it either but that is probably too hard to program.
    At the very least vampire characters should always appear as stage 1. The appearance change is part of the package, learn to embrace it.

Uhh. Hate to break it to you buddy, but it's not that hard to program. In fact; it's already in game as a bug now. They're called disguises. ;)

And the appearance change according to whom, exactly? You? According to the lore; Lamae Bal herself states that vampires of this particular strain are able to conceal themselves to walk along side mortals. There's even a huge questline involving one of those vampires in Rivenspire. If you stopped and paid attention to detail, you'd notice that someone's eyes who were particularly black as coal change to the stage one red after the ruse was up.

There is a difference between mechanics and lore, I'll give you that. HOWEVER. There comes a time when mechanics has to match the lore and this is one of them.

For those complaining to 'see what they're fighting against in PvP (which I really wonder if these people honestly read the OP) ;
    1. We have addons that can show who's a vampire, werewolf, and who's an ESO+ subber or not. (For PC)
    2. Armors can 100% conceal your fleshy bits. How do you spot a vampire when you can't even see their skin?
    3. Polymorphs. LOL? Again, refer to 2.
    4. Particle effects.

I could go on and on with that list, but the fact is that particular diatribe that's being flaunted about holds no merit what so ever. Lycanthropy? I'm not even going to bother with that argument because it's incomparable.

Edited by FleetwoodSmack on January 17, 2017 10:16AM
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!