Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add "Hide Vampirism" Option in Update 13 (please)

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently, my two main characters are Vampires. This is totally cool and all except for one issue.....

They really look gross :disappointed:

• I can wear full heavy plate armor yet appear as a half-naked wierdo with a bath robe, or wear light armor and equip a Heavy Armor costume
• I can appear as a Dromathra, Spiderkith, or Soul-Shriven/Mind Shriven despite being a Vampire or non-Vampire
• I can cosplay as Draugr, Xivkyn, skeleton and more through polymorphs

Yet.... I cannot appear as a beautiful non-Vampire by simply hiding Vampirism.

Please ZOS, include this feature in Update 13. It would be absolutely massive for me personally, and I know many others feel the same way. It should be relatively easy to add into the game as well.

That is all. Thank you! :)
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I would like this also, and to remove the affect of bound armor as well I really don't get why it needs such a weird affect to it
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    That never happens.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I SUPPORT THIS THREAD 100%
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why vampires are just bleached out I don't understand . In all the other games you did not see this . Look at Khajiit vampire in Skyrim .

LL

No bleached out fur . Fangs and cool eyes . That's how Elder scrolls vampires are suppose to look . Not like zombies . Vampires in the Onlime game look like zombies not Elder scrolls cannon vampires at all . We need options to cover up this ugly zombie appearance unfinished or redesign the way vampirism looks to match the series .
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Even if the scenarios you listed were not relevant, we should still be able to hide vampirism. It is common knowledge that vampires excel at deception.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Currently, my two main characters are Vampires. This is totally cool and all except for one issue.....

• I can wear full heavy plate armor yet appear as a half-naked wierdo with a bath robe, or wear light armor and equip a Heavy Armor costume
    • I can appear as a Dromathra, Spiderkith, or Soul-Shriven/Mind Shriven despite being a Vampire or non-Vampire

Please ZOS, include this feature in Update 13. It would be absolutely massive for me personally, and I know many others feel the same way. It should be relatively easy to add into the game as well.

No, if someone decides to become a vampire, they should look like one. Vampirism shouldn't be just another skill line to increase your power.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Vaoh
      Vaoh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »

No, if someone decides to become a vampire, they should look like one. Vampirism shouldn't be just another skill line to increase your power.

It already is though, and this goes for everything.

Heavy Armor can be covered with light armor costumes. I can wear my Dromathra skin and now I no longer look like a vampire (your point). I can wear Valkyn Skoria's head as a helmet and make it invisible..... I can turn into a Xivkyn -_-

Hiding Vampirism is far less odd than any of these.
      Edited by Vaoh on January 16, 2017 10:23AM
    • Rohamad_Ali
      Rohamad_Ali
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

The vampires in this game do not look like vampires at all . No fangs , no glowing eyes , bleached out fur and skin ? Even tattoos ? That's not even canon to the elder scrolls games . If you played the series you would know we got stuck with a zombie appearance , not vampire . Needs reversal or fixing . Looks terrible . Or change the class to zombie .
    • NoFlash
      NoFlash
      ✭✭✭
      please make this an option. i know a the servants costume you get from a DC toon starter island hides it. or i think it used to
      Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
    • White wabbit
      White wabbit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      No sorry can't have the perks of being vampire without the downsides
    • Hand_Bacon
      Hand_Bacon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Everyone wants to go to the party, but nobody wants to clean up afterwards.
      #AlmostGood@ESO
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Heavy Armor can be covered with light armor costumes. I can wear my Dromathra skin and now I no longer look like a vampire (your point). I can wear Valkyn Skoria's head as a helmet and make it invisible..... I can turn into a Xivkyn -_-

You can choose not to become a vampire. And no, wearing a skin shouldn't allow you to hide it either but that is probably too hard to program.
      At the very least vampire characters should always appear as stage 1. The appearance change is part of the package, learn to embrace it.
      Edited by Kendaric on January 16, 2017 10:29AM
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • EnemyOfDaState
        EnemyOfDaState
        ✭✭✭✭
        Or they could just revamp the look so you actually look like a vampire.
      • Rohamad_Ali
        Rohamad_Ali
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        No sorry can't have the perks of being vampire without the downsides

The downside doesn't mean bad art design .

Skyrim Nord vampire . Looks like a vampire . Yes we should look like vampires not zombies .

7863792818_bc718f5ef3_b.jpg
      • DarcyMardin
        DarcyMardin
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Yeah, using one of the quest costumes (not the ones from the crown store) can hide the facial vampirism effects. I discovered this today, by accident. I hate the way my characters look as vampires, too.
      • Rohamad_Ali
        Rohamad_Ali
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Hand_Bacon wrote: »
        Everyone wants to go to the party, but nobody wants to clean up afterwards.

Ok that makes no sense at all . What party ? You don't like to clean up ? Ok .
      • Kendaric
        Kendaric
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        The vampires in this game do not look like vampires at all . No fangs , no glowing eyes , bleached out fur and skin ? Even tattoos ? That's not even canon to the elder scrolls games . If you played the series you would know we got stuck with a zombie appearance , not vampire . Needs reversal or fixing . Looks terrible . Or change the class to zombie .

Asking for vampires to actually look like vampires is reasonable and I do support that, but that's not the OP's suggestion.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a zombie appearance though. What they should do is make the stage 3 appearance apply to stage 4 as well, add glowing eyes to stages 2 through 4 and add fangs to all stages.
        Edited by Kendaric on January 16, 2017 10:41AM
        • Rohamad_Ali
          Rohamad_Ali
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Argonian vampires are suppose to look like this ,

latest?cb=20120830194716

Not albino frogs bloated in water .

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
        • Vaoh
          Vaoh
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭

You can choose not to become a vampire. And no, wearing a skin shouldn't allow you to hide it either but that is probably too hard to program.
          At the very least vampire characters should always appear as stage 1. The appearance change is part of the package, learn to embrace it.

That's a pretty lame justification.

A skin shouldn't allow you to hide Vampirism because you say so? Lol. I disagree.

The downsides of being a Vampire are listed right in the character sheet.

What if I am a normal character aka non-Vampire? Must I always appear as a "human" character even when I wear my Dromathra skin since is breaks your immersion too? This ruins the point of Skins.

As I have said many times - costumes, skins, polymorphs, and hide helmet already do things to our characters that may break your immersion. Looking normal as a Vamp is at the bottom of the list.
          Edited by Vaoh on January 16, 2017 10:41AM
        • DishSoap
          DishSoap
          Soul Shriven
          No.
        • Dasovaruilos
          Dasovaruilos
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Fully support this one. My tank looks terrible since I made her a vampire. It really looks more like a rotting zombie than a vampire.
        • pattyLtd
          pattyLtd
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Yea, i'd love this.

I went vampire for a while with one of my pvp toons but while it was definetly very usefull i had to cure it the look is just plain horrible.
          English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
        • Reverb
          Reverb
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Any disguise (not costumes, but quest-based outfits labeled as a disguise) will remove all visible effects of vampirism.
          Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        • Sigtric
          Sigtric
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          I'd like this as well.

I lucked out with one of my toons that vamp looks pretty good on her. Others: not so much.

ESO lore actually backs this up as Verandis is able to appear as a normal elf and not a vampire, when he wishes. Illusion magic also exists that could hide the visual effects of vampirism from any one looking, too.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
          Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
          [/center]
        • Aliyavana
          Aliyavana
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          Varanis can hide his vamparism, if you don't want us to its your problem but you can choose to not hide your vamparism instead of telling ppl how to play their game
          Edited by Aliyavana on January 16, 2017 4:46PM
        • KingYogi415
          KingYogi415
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          Just earn one of the three skins.

Or crown crate gamble for soul shriven.

Cheers!
        • Aliyavana
          Aliyavana
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheers!

The 3 skins are ugly...
        • EldritchPenguin
          EldritchPenguin
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          And while they're at it, can they make it so my tattoos don't fade when I become a vampire? I actually like the pasty white look with the veins everywhere and the eyes. I just wish I could have my ink as well.
          Edited by EldritchPenguin on January 16, 2017 5:23PM
          Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
        • MythicEmperor
          MythicEmperor
          ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheers!

Fortunately, I bought the mind shriven skin before it became a clown crate item.
          With cold regards,
          Mythic

Favorite Characters:
          Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
          Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
          Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
          Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
          Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
          Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
        • Osteos
          Osteos
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          How about an ability that when slotted makes you appear normal?
          DAGGERFALL COVENANT
          NA PC
          Former Vehemence Member
          Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault