The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What will you do with your Sorc after update 13?

Father_X_Zombie
Father_X_Zombie
✭✭✭✭
With the changes coming to Sorc for the most part being negative and almost certainly not being reverted , what do you plan on doing with your Sorc after update 13?
Edited by Father_X_Zombie on January 10, 2017 5:10PM
GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

What will you do with your Sorc after update 13? 170 votes

Continue to play as it is
40%
NestorSirAndyGilvothColoursYouHaveRastafarielSigtricOlernWuffyCeruleiBirdovicYulsIruil_ESOHexylElara_NorthwindJprip88b16_ESOGothrenNellzerGlurinMalorey45738Stillianbooksmcread 68 votes
Try to adapt to the changes
31%
ImryllSolarikenJsmallsDhukathrgullaksenb16_ESOCronopolykari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOMarrazzMistLarsSmertustaSheezabeastDagoth_RacArtemiisiaCîanaiMercer29ZouniilanderListerJMCApheriusMethariorn 53 votes
Play a new class
4%
dbonifaci_ESOJitterbugDHaletistTakes-No-PrisonerBurritoESOPallioCireNesnomis 8 votes
Retire to PvE
0%
FearlessOne_2014 1 vote
Quit the game
0%
gsxrfreak 1 vote
Star in a hit reality TV show starring You, Joe Biden and Jennifer Lawrence about different cheeses
15%
pjwb16_ESOTHEDKEXPERIENCEcheeseaddictadriant1978lonewolf26jarydfJohnfred24DraxysMinalanPchelaCelas_DranaceaLuminaLillyjelliclesSkinzzInvitationNotFoundsouravamiDracan_FontomFloppyTouchForsakenSincovenant_merchant 27 votes
Other
7%
MojmirSorakaKeriokoKBKBDerrabebynnagFleetwoodSmackFather_X_Zombiezuto40Wizball1987ArgonianAustinHorowonnoe 12 votes
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Throw curse on my back bar, put ele drain on my front bar, and move boundless storm from back bar to overload bar.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I personally havent decided, im not sure the curse change is going to work and i hope they revert it. Ill try it out but if its as bad as it looks im ether playing a new class or a new game.

DC NA XB1

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to try it to know for sure, but even on a pet sorc I'm not excited by any of the changes. If I can make Daedric Prey work, which is possible since I use a staff and I'm not completely boned like DW sorcs, I'll just adapt to the new timing.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im already working on it:
    x5 heavy x1 la x1 medium

Wyrd Tree
    Bloodthorn
    Troll/Tremor

Frost staff

Familiar + Prey (prey back bar) + Atro
    Clench
    Pulse
    Encase

A pet cryomancer :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    From what i have seen so far, sorc is actually going to become a better dps class than it is now. With the changes to the curse, there will be more potential for reaching higher damage point because of how the timing works out.
    • When life gives you lemons, make a vodka drink.
    • When ZOS gives you nerfs, turn it around on them and do even more damage :3
    Yes?
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Star in a hit reality TV show starring You, Joe Biden and Jennifer Lawrence about different cheeses
    Jennifer Lawrence? Hells yes!
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a DW Sorc, I'm afraid that whatever I replace Curse with in PvP will be significantly less effective.

I'm not worried about PvE; and I'm willing to try the new curse if it is in fact better for overall DPS.

Does anybody use trapping webs these days? I used to use it in PvP as a Sorc, when it was a single target spammable. Revert that back to a magicka instant cast skill and maybe it can help fill the curse void on the burst bar.

Since I do both PvE & PvP, I can't help feeling this seems like the cost outweighs the benefits to my overall gameplay, but we will see.

I get more damage I wasn't asking for at the cost of a core skill I was totally happy with. I just think it would be more practical to change a skill that hardly gets used and make it relevant, instead of changing a core skill that works well now.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to continue trying to play my stam sorc as well as my stamblade and stamDK.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhm, just wondering what changes we are talking about here... ? Only nerfs I can think of are Velocious Curse and Hurricane, only one of which will effect most players.

edit: typo
    Edited by ToRelax on January 10, 2017 8:40PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • oTheTownDrunk
    What are they doing with the frost staff again?

I will be using proximity det, volcanic rune, and deadric mines as a main factor in my burst damage with a proced frag. Will just have to stay steady with pressure on people who decide they dont want to rush me. Structured Entropy will be going on my front bar for empowered spells, heals, and keep that 20% spell damage bonus up 100%.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im already working on it:
    x5 heavy x1 la x1 medium

Wyrd Tree
    Bloodthorn
    Troll/Tremor

Frost staff

Familiar + Prey (prey back bar) + Atro
    Clench
    Pulse
    Encase

A pet cryomancer :)

What a mess PvP has become when Magicka Sorcerers are even thinking about running Heavy Armor over Light Armor. The imbalances of PvP are irreversible at this point.

And with Tremorscale (stam) too! Like wth is ZOS doing.
    Edited by Vaoh on January 10, 2017 7:48PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mained Magicka Sorcerer since launch. I'll stick to my Magicka Sorcerer. We could become the worst class spec (which we aren't) and I'd still play it.

I'll do fine no matter what ZOS messes with tbh.

Also there is a pretty good chance Velocious Curse will be brought back and Haunting Curse's effects added to Daedric Prey. It's a unanimously terrible change even for bad players, their current focus on buffing.
    Edited by Vaoh on January 10, 2017 7:51PM
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Uhm, just wondering what changes we are talking about here... ? Only nerfs I can think of are Velocious Curse and Hurricane, only of which will effect most players.

Overload is getting hit too. The ultimate cap is getting cut in half which means VMA for magicka sorc is going to be very difficult as it is more then nessisary to burn bosses. At the very least mag Sorcs will be kicked out of the top 20 VMA scores for sorcerers
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on January 10, 2017 8:22PM

DC NA XB1

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will keep killing stuff

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Uhm, just wondering what changes we are talking about here... ? Only nerfs I can think of are Velocious Curse and Hurricane, only of which will effect most players.

Overload is getting hit too. The ultimate cap is getting cut in half which means VMA for magicka sorc is going to be very difficult as it is more then nessisary to burn bosses. At the very least mag Sorcs will be kicked out of the top 20 VMA scores for sorcerers

Ah, right. I wanted that to happen for a long time though.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I have mained Magicka Sorcerer since launch. I'll stick to my Magicka Sorcerer. We could become the worst class spec (which we aren't) and I'd still play it.

Also there is a pretty good chance Velocious Curse will be brought back and Haunting Curse's effects added to Daedric Prey. It's a unanimously terrible change even for bad players, their current focus on buffing.

That'd make me happy.

@ToRelax the nerfs in totality are:

Curse becomes Haunt 3.5 sec to 6 sec
    Ult Max goes from 1000 to 500 (half as much Overload)
    Familiar goes from 4 secs to 8 secs (PvE mobs get stunned less often, no dps change mostly PvE)

Other nerfs that can be said:
    Destro ult reduced by 5%
    DW damage bonus reduced (or penalty increased as they put it)

Buff:
    Atro does 25% more damage
    Prey buffs Familiar AoE

Pulse unreflectable

Undecided : Magicka steal thingy

Frost staff:
    Heavy attack taunts
    Maim!
    Uses magicka for blocking, stops magicka regen (if you put the points in)

Fire staff 8% more single target damage
    Lightning 8% more AoE dmg
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

That'd make me happy.

ToRelax the nerfs in totality are:

Curse becomes Haunt 3.5 sec to 6 sec
    Ult Max goes from 1000 to 500 (half as much Overload)
    Familiar goes from 4 secs to 8 secs (PvE mobs get stunned less often, no dps change mostly PvE)

Other nerfs that can be said:
    Destro ult reduced by 5%
    DW damage bonus reduced (or penalty increased as they put it)

Buff:
    Atro does 25% more damage
    Prey buffs Familiar AoE

Pulse unreflectable

Undecided : Magicka steal thingy

Frost staff:
    Heavy attack taunts
    Maim!
    Uses magicka for blocking, stops magicka regen (if you put the points in)

Fire staff 8% more single target damage
    Lightning 8% more AoE dmg

Yeah, I just counted the nerfs compared to other classes that have an impact on PvP. x)

• Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably make some cancerous perma tank Frost staff build, and troll players until I no longer feel the need to log onto this game.

Curse hasn't left my bar since I made my first character at console release. (PvP)

I've been using that same skill for the past (almost 2 years?) Why they decided it now needs a change after 2 years of being virtually untouched (goes through block, but if that's too much revert that idc) I'll never understand. (Simplicity... Then change prey the one no one uses and keep velicious for those that don't need simplicity).

I don't always have 6 (let alone 12) seconds to dedicate to one player at all times in PvP. It's suppose to be a fast paced environment, stop trying to dumb down the mSorc...

And fix the damn sword and board ultimate, so tired of getting stuck in a heavy staff attack.
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka in general, let alone sorc has been underperforming for a good while now in PvP. My main (mag sorc) has /played of about 185 days and 95% of that has been in Cyrodiil. It has been hard enough to burst someone down as it is with about 3k spell damage let alone having to wait twice as long for the burst potential to happen. Even a remotely experienced player knows that a curse is coming in about 3 seconds and has time to react, let alone almost twice that long, which is long enough in PvP terms to go off and make a cup of coffee and drink it before the curse hits.

I'm guessing there are Three Toed Sloths and lethargists out there who will even be able to react to this eternity of a difference, bearing in mind that 0.2 seconds is a long time in a fight in Cyrodiil, something i'm sure hasn't been even remotely thought about by the people who decided to make this change.

Sure, its going to be fun for all of those PVE players because the AI of 99.9% of the NPCs are coded to act like they've had a full frontal lobotomy (not too sure what happened there seeing as there's better AI on monsters/mobs in even Playstation 3 games) but, the fact that i've already been reduced to a negate/EOTS monkey already makes this an even bigger kick in the proverbials.

The chances of this being reverted are most likely round about 0% because i think ZOS makes business decisions around what their business based staff thinks/believes, rather than what EXPERIENCED players know (note the use of the words believe and know DEVS.) Most businesses have already made a business decision and have made their final decision on it long long long before they've even bothered to let the general public know and end up basically just trying to "sell" the new concept to the public whether they want it or not but i'm seeing 0 positives in this change.
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is my dream. I don't play sorc btw
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know yet..

I play a DW magsorc - if the curse changes go ahead, I'll have to rebuild it. I can't possibly see how my current setup can be changed to a destro/resto setup without a total re-build. I expect I'll take the prey morph since I'm using the daedric shepherd build for PVE - that's only gonna be stronger.

But for PVP..? thinking.. thinking hard. Perhaps BSW/Lich/Infernal or VD/Lich/Infernal? Or Spinners/Lich/Infernal? But its just Soo cookie-cutter! (and lacks stam) I want to come up with my own setup and see how it performs - that's half the fun.

Thinking about blackrose - mostly for the stam return - as the cookie-cutter builds lose quite a bit of stam over what I have now.. In the words of the Late Great Freddie Mercury 'I want to Break Free'!

I've looked at the pet passives from the beginning and thought - tanking.. and always toyed with the idea of a magsorc tank with pet. Maybe I'll dust off my retired stamsorc and and try some off-the-wall stuff.. Perhaps blackrose/trainee/trollking... (20% health regen buffs for a pet) or blackrose/beekeeper/trollking for a full on regen setup.. combined with power-surge heals - that's a LOT of passive healing/recov to get through. In theory, these could focus on either stam or mag for the dmg part..

Still gonna play it - definitely.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also still gonna do tons of aoe damage in pvp

rip decibel
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think the overall changes coming in the next update are going to benefit any competent magica sorc greatly in pvp and are going to make the class better than they already are.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did I actually ported back to the times when DB was about to hit live and many sorcs (including me) were worried about the dmg shields duration nerf? Well, back then the worries and such polls were quite justified since many of us were dependant on (or even addicted to) shields. But in time we have learned to live with their shorter duration.

But now? Yeah, I don't like the overload or curse nerf but I don't think these changes would make me quit playing the game or reroll. But I still hope they will somehow buff/adjust the haunting curse by e.g. reducing its time to 5 sec, amounting to 10 sec for two explosions (instead of 12). I don't think they will totally reverse the changes though.
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    I'll change my build to take advantage of frost staff, maybe giving a try to winterborn.
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Ill do what i do every update spend 3 months grinding for the gear i need, then come to the forums read the next set of patch notes, realise the last 3 months were a waste of time and start grinding for my next set!
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly there is no "Gonna aoe you all into Oblivion and block cast my shields for lolz" option. Poll is biased!
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play a new class
    They only reason mag sorc still exists is because he is my 9 trait crafter, guess he will be able to live in my new house now, crafting as usual.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to pet changes on my Alt, very worried about my main, its killing Overload thus my gold elegance set, curse burst for pvp etc. It's a massive Nerf. Undefended.

Nerf stam, Nerf heavy armour, Need proc armour we all know the problems. It wasn't overload
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Sadly there is no "Gonna aoe you all into Oblivion and block cast my shields for lolz" option. Poll is biased!

That would go along with the continue option lol