The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Nightblade Balance Improvements

• LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you elaborate on why Soul Harvest is receiving a cost nerf in addition to Incapacitating Strike?

Cause the 2 skills probably inherit the same ult value in code. Changing one changes both and they don't feel like rewriting the code.
    Edited by LegacyDM on January 21, 2017 8:28AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

HuawaSepp wrote: »
    Agreed. Even with our crappy Xbox controllers we pull the same DPS self buffed than what those guys were doing with all the buffs that guy mentionned.

Why do you use xbox controllers then :smiley:
    M&K only for casuals right :smirk:

On Xbox ;)
    Edited by Izaki on January 21, 2017 11:03AM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leeching Strikes

Why does this ability wich is a toogle have that much drawbacks?
    Dark deal in comparsion or siphoning attacks dont gimp your dmg. Either way make trade off s like leeching strikes dmg malus for all ressource regain skills(dark deal, rune focus, ect) or get rid of the dmg malus. Or lower it to 10%.

My fav solution would be

Keep it a toogle(thats the trade off)
    Lower or remove the dmg debuff(toogle is tradeoff enough)
    Raise the return of ressources to 4%(right now u get back 3% stam mag health on light attack)

Even with 18k hp, 10k mag & 38k stam the returns would be 720hp, 400mag, 1520stam.

This is quite a lot.
    Therefore i can understand that there is a penalty for your wep/spelldmg and the penalty of needing 2skillslots. But 17% is just way to high. 10% seems more balanced if u keep it a toogle.

Siphoning Attacks on the other hand restores 1090 stam/ mag right now and all u gotta do is press it once every 15secs and it requires only one slot.

• aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah, just let leeching proc off every dot tick like it used to :) thats roughly twice as powerful as a single slot skill once you think about the damage redux too.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTB frost dmg on:

1- CW
    2- One of the morphs of strife
    3- One of the morphs of cripple
    4- Maybe Impale (renamed as "Icycle")

Seriously, of all magic dmg we have in the game, the only class that makes sense having frost attacks is NB
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Even with our crappy Xbox controllers we pull the same DPS self buffed than what those guys were doing with all the buffs that guy mentionned.

On Xbox ;)

As you can have Xbox feeling on PC, you also can have PC feeling on Xbox (yeah the same precision).
    You only need to buy this CronusMax device.

I used it for playing COD on my 360/One with friends.
    They hate me for this :relieved:
    PTS-EU
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yo
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    WTB frost dmg on:

1- CW

Seriously, of all magic dmg we have in the game, the only class that makes sense having frost attacks is NB

I'd be all for this.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB frost dmg on:

1- CW

That would actually be pretty awesome. Then we could stack ysgramor and winterborn
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB frost dmg on:

1- CW

Warden has frost covered.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Power Extraction revamp please.
    PS4 NA DC
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strife nerf revert please
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB frost dmg on:

1- CW

Changing the effects of magic damage could help as well maybe if they gave all magic damage a chance to ignore 20℅ of a opponents armor or something like that.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you elaborate on why Soul Harvest is receiving a cost nerf in addition to Incapacitating Strike?

Incap Strike on it's own needs a separate nerf due to how much better it is than Soul Harvest. Incap Strike should have the stun but remove the disease damage and just make it physical damage.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB frost dmg on:

1- CW

Warden has frost covered.

As soon as we get that class,I'll agree
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks Crippling Grasp should be frost damage? Just saying the name makes me think cold thoughts.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove the disease damage and just make it physical damage.

I think that would make the skill even stronger, especially when paired with sets like Automaton.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks Crippling Grasp should be frost damage? Just saying the name makes me think cold thoughts.

No your not,cold damage should be all up in NBs skill line. They should have added it when they scrapped Warden class.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB frost dmg on:

1- CW

Changing the effects of magic damage could help as well maybe if they gave all magic damage a chance to ignore 20℅ of a opponents armor or something like that.

no that's be too much. they should however give a magic damage increase to Bretons. which they should have done in the racial balance patch but 3% cost reduction is OP, apparently.
    Edited by Lucky28 on January 22, 2017 6:31AM
    Invictus
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    My friend told me about a badass build since the cost nerf to strife. You wear hundings rage and put all 64 points into stamina. I think I might try this new OP MNB build. Lmao

Did your friend ever hear about leviathan set?
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strife should either get a damage boost or an effect added to it like like major mending for the cost increase. ZOS, you seem to have taken into account sorcerer's need for give and take when you decreased max ultimate(which affected them the most important I.E Overload) by apparently buffing curse which now has a second explosion but your neglecting NB with this increase to strife without any buff to it. Was this skill OP?

38% increase is a lot! My sap tank will probably require new gear with this change alone like when you reworked regen, I had to craft new armor just so I wasn't running out of magicka. We need something to make up for this loss. No one was complaining of Magicka NBs being OP. With the Destro staff losing the current "Ancient knowledge" passives and the nerf to resource return from heavy attacks in heavy armor, resource management will be a nightmare.

You gave developer notes for patch 2.72, could you at least explain this cost increase?
    NA/PC
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still demanding explanation for increasing strife cost so much. At least don't advertise that "adventures without limits", if you're forcing people to certain class roles, especially nightblades.

As if you're making our healer / sap tank - builds to be more or less impossible or at least too hard to manage for them to be fun to play with.

Please @ZOS_GinaBruno reconsider this strife nerf, or at least consider making it more powerful.

NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    WTB frost dmg on:

1- CW

no that's be too much. they should however give a magic damage increase to Bretons. which they should have done in the racial balance patch but 3% cost reduction is OP, apparently.

Back in the days of softcaps, 3% cost reduction was the go-to choice. Nowadays it's defunct but can still make a difference for healers when *** hits the fan. Also it's much easier now to level another character with more slots, no VR ranks and XP potions up the wazoo, not to mention race change tokens if you were so inclined. They're not changing them because of those options.

On an aside, frost damage would be fun for 3 seconds before the lack of additional damage from fire would affect the already pisspoor dps we suffer with. It might be more practical in PvP but then granting everyone CC immunity in some form would be pretty useless.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    WTB frost dmg on:

1- CW

That would actually be pretty awesome. Then we could stack ysgramor and winterborn

And Ice Heart

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way... who suggested the change to impale?

I'm a little dubious on that one since I've not use it in... like a year. Maybe with a flame staff can be a good combo.

But I haven't read anyone here asking for that change.

Nevertheless, it seems ZoS want to kill melee mageblade

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On Xbox ;)

As you can have Xbox feeling on PC, you also can have PC feeling on Xbox (yeah the same precision).

Oh wow, nice! But I guess its the same price as the elite controller?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade

Assassination
    Impale (Assassin’s Blade morph): Increased the range of this morph to 28 meters at Rank IV from 18 meters.

I appreciate this QoL change so we can have a more complete range tool kit...

Please buff Agony to 8 seconds and a reasonable amount of damage and fix merciless resolve to be less clunky and we will be the other acceptable ranged class.

If things stay as they currently are Sorcerers will be THE ranged class and maybe THE overall DPS class from what I have seen so far.
    Playing since beta...
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    we should ask for cold dmg on some nbs skill. Currently I don't mind if those skills are CW, cripple and impale...

That will put mageblades back in the meta, by using frost sets without having to use a frost staff.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭

On Xbox ;)

Oh wow, nice! But I guess its the same price as the elite controller?

No, I bought it for 80€ over a year ago from amazon.
    Just google it.
    PTS-EU
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    If things stay as they currently are Sorcerers will be THE ranged class and THE overall DPS class from what I have seen so far.

corrected the mistake for you

PTS-EU