The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Feedback Thread for Nightblade Balance Improvements

• Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akimbro is correct. Magic blades would of liked to see something else. I do understand. After looking at all the skills. It's the cheapest skill in game. So I can understand from that point of view. As for other point of views. We lacks dps. I've been denied trials at 25k dps single target cuz I'm Am a magblade. Lol. Ok I'll bring my sorc.

Now as for our skills.

Impale - longer execute range @ higher HP range
    Shades - no target
    Cloak- forever F'd
    Refreshing path - more dmg and more Hot
    Conceal weapons - cost is ok I guess, but make it on par with surprise attack
    Dbl take - give us the speed back and add immovable to it. <kicker> only Magic classes can use double take
    Crippling grasp - perfect in my eyes < anyone else>
    Soul harvest - on par with incap?
    Merc/relentless- I like how they changed relentless to a stam skill now but make both skills to a toggle so we don't have to keep refreshing it

Sap - cost less or increase dmg. I vote increase dmg!

Buff light/medium armor cuz why do I want to wear heavy as a magicblade, when I'm a stealth class. If I don't kill u in 4 seconds. I'm out!

Armor passives- should only be allowed to use that armor passive if u are wearing 5 pieces of that type of armor. 5 heavy with shuffle roflmfao!
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

Let's discuss Stamina Nightblade and Magicka Nightblade PvE.

As it stands currently, they both share the bottom bunk in terms of damage (also Stamina Templar for that matter). Let me break things down further.

Magicka Nightblade
    - Lowest Single-Target DPS (Will probably become 3rd lowest according to my PTS tests on destruction staff buffs)
    - Fairly low AoE DPS
    - Forced to give up class spammable skill (Strife, which gotfor yet another nerf) for Force-Pulse to get damage.
    - The critical nerf affects this class more due to innate critical passives
    - Cloak useless in PvE outside of heists, so their primary defense is no use outside PvP

Stamina Nightblade
    - Second lowest Single-Target DPS with Stamina Templar (Will become lowest this patch with Beast Trap nerf, even lesser than Stamplars due to crit nerfs)
    - Lowest AoE DPS (Even below Stamplars; at least they got Jabs)
    - Lowest survivability of all classes
    - Lowest group support
    - Inspite of having both a single-target spammable skill (Surprise Attack) and AoE spammable skill (Power Extraction), both are weaker for PvE than Dual-Wield equivalent skills, Rapid Strikes and Steel Tornado
    - Hurt the most by the critical damage nerf to proc sets, Major, Minor Force as they have highest higher critical damage chance and multiplier
    - Affected most by Beast Trap DoT as they don't have class DoTs to fall back on.
    - At this point, along with Stamplars, most competitive trial groups don't allow them (then again stamina itself has only 1-2 spots in trials max)
    - They have the "glass" part of "glass cannon" but not the "cannon" part in PvE

It would be great if NB spammables got some PvE-only love. As of now, weapon skills outperform them badly. Also, cloak needs to be made somewhat useful in PvE (maybe a healing morph instead of the Minor Protection).

Now let's speak of PvP.

These patch is killing two main Magicka Nightblade builds.

First is the bomber build with Necropotence set. It relied on Summon Shade to work, but the change to the skill to instant aggro, now kills the build's stealth part making it useless. Please rethink the aggro change. It is taking away a major stealth maneuver skill from the already weak Magicka Nightblade.

Next build wrecked is the DW Melee Magicka Nightblade. Due to their melee nature and low defense, they require use of dodging and blocking a lot. As such, Relentless Focus, which gives 10% stamina regen, was the better morph. But changing it to stamina makes it useless for Magicka Nightblade as the skill costs would no longer justify the higher regen. It would be great if the skill is left how it is now, as an unique skill that scales to both magicka and stamina.

Also strife nerf is very hard to swallow. It makes group support harder for Magicka Nightblades, especially NB healers and tanks.
    Edited by susmitds on January 4, 2017 10:32PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Terrible decision to dramatically nerf strife, an ability that was fine where it was.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • KoreanAwtamatic
    Increase the damage of strife and make merciless resolve act like frags and while your at it make shadow image playable without target ☺

Pve and pvp Balance
    Edited by KoreanAwtamatic on January 4, 2017 10:33PM
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bring concealed weapon in line with surprise attack. Magblades need love
    Buff Soft Caps
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crippling grasp - perfect in my eyes < anyone else>

Lets play devils advocate. Crippling grasp is a solid DOT dps wise, sticks to the target so they can't get out of it, and also has a target slow and major expedition for you. In short it is good, substantially better than most class DOT's. It is actually my favorite DOT of any class in the game even though it is lower than lightning and a few others in DPS and can't cleave. Better nerf it never-mind that it is the only really good dps ability the whole class has and that it is the lowest average dps class and resource combination and that cripple is it's only usable class DOT. We are balancing just one skill at a time now without any reference to where a class is relatively, that is what the strife nerf tells us.

Cripple is good on it's own, I think it is the best class DOT on balance = Nerf Dat.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Players complain about Stamina NB Incapacitating Strike so your response is to nerf Magicka NB Strife.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo the only change both magicka nightblades and stamina nightblades need is the automatic re application of grim focus. Once you fire the spectral bow the buff must be refreshed. Right now it basically does 50% of the DPS it should be doing. This alone would bring up nightblades in pve and pvp.

This all day.

Agreed. It's very clunky to use in rotation. And I feel like I'm punishing myself for casting the proc. Great, I get a cool damage effect, but if I cast it, I lose my buff (which is the largest reason to use the skill). Stamina, and Magicka NB are both lagging behind their counterparts in overall DPS, this could be a great quality of life change for NBs.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Players complain about Stamina NB Incapacitating Strike so your response is to nerf Magicka NB Strife.

Incap/Soul Harvest is getting an indirect buff when Maj. Evasion is nerfed. Then again, so are all single target abilities, so...

I actually didn't use the skill for a long time, because of how unreliable it was against players with Maj. Evasion/dodge roll builds.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Koolio wrote: »
    My friend told me about a badass build since the cost nerf to strife. You wear hundings rage and put all 64 points into stamina. I think I might try this new OP MNB build. Lmao

*sigh* i'm thinking about it. balance patch my ass.

Without a change to Incap for this patch there's no way they can think this as a "balance" patch

I know. i was hoping there would be meaningful balance changes this patch. instead we get: "oh, proc sets are op?, Stamblades can pretty much one shot anyone?. i have the solution, lets nerf magblade" what a joke.

been testing my magblade today. strife is not worth slotting anymore. force pulse, rapid regen, refreshing patch is more the way to go. what a disappointment.
    Edited by Lucky28 on January 4, 2017 10:55PM
    Invictus
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for incap to be balanced.

Needs cost increasing to 75.
    Needs it's cc to be changed back to what it used to be, it cc's if they have lower hp.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, let me preface this by saying that I have played endgame content with all four magic classes. I understand why Radiant Oppression was nerfed (it was kind of ridiculous). I'm psyched about the Fiery Leap change for my DK, and am curious about the DB change. I can even understand wanting to play around with Curse for the sorc.

But...

The NB nerf completely baffles me.

Why on earth would you hurt the class that was pretty much at the bottom of the DPS barrel? It has a complex and awkward rotation already and the self-heals from Strife was one of the only neat things to add some flavour so you didn't have to be a pretend-sorc with Force Pulse.

If you were going to up the cost, why wouldn't you include some more damage, or something else to make us Magblades actually want to use the skill? As it stands now, no magblade looking to do endgame content is going to stick with Strife. That is, if we can actually find a Vet Trials group that wants MNBs around...

With respect, please reconsider.

Edited by Auricle on January 4, 2017 11:04PM
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will only talk about PvP because its what I've always focused, I've played Magicka Nightblade since game launch and started stamina nightblade aswell 2 patches ago.
    Strife cost increase is a terrible change for ranged pvp builds, the skill is already so easy to counter (long travel time, reflectable, more damage mitgated by block than melee skills...) to get it to deals enough damage to kill players you had to have high magicka pool and decent/high spell damage, the low cost was the main thing making it working.
    Magicka nightblade doesnt have the dots of mDK, the timed burst capacity of mSorc all they have is Assassins will with all its default (although its a really good skill) and a spammable ranged skill that is (before homestead) arguably better than Force Pulse. The nerf is making the balance worse.
    Procc sets: I know its not a nightblade specific thing but the blanket procc set change in this patch is not enough, ZOS you have to look at each set in particular and look at which are overperforming and which are not. Currently the viper+selene/velidreth on stam NB will still perform very well (too early to say OP) while more niche sets such as overwhelming surge are not desirable anymore. Also many of the few ranged mNB builds were based around Valkyns proccs, if the nerf to procc sets was really enough to make viper and selene/vel balanced then this is going to be another point why rnaged mNB will have troubles to deal decent damage.
    Shadow image: Really need to unbug it, and/or increase the range of the teleport component, right now its terrible because the range of the teleport is way less than the range at which you can put your shade down.
    Concelead weapon: I would say decrease the cost, atm you need so much rec to play a melee magicka build its crazy because then you hit like a wet noodle.
    susmitds wrote: »
    Now let's speak of PvP.

These patch is killing two main Magicka Nightblade builds.

First is the bomber build with Necropotence set. It relied on Summon Shade to work, but the change to the skill to instant aggro, now kills the build's stealth part making it useless. Please rethink the aggro change. It is taking away a major stealth maneuver skill from the already weak Magicka Nightblade.

Next build wrecked is the DW Melee Magicka Nightblade. Due to their melee nature and low defense, they require use of dodging and blocking a lot. As such, Relentless Focus, which gives 10% stamina regen, was the better morph. But changing it to stamina makes it useless for Magicka Nightblade as the skill costs would no longer justify the higher regen. It would be great if the skill is left how it is now, as an unique skill that scales to both magicka and stamina.

Also strife nerf is very hard to swallow. It makes group support harder for Magicka Nightblades, especially NB healers and tanks.
    I think bomber will still do fine just not with Necropotence but some other sets, which correct me if I'm wrong but I believe are already giving more burst potential than Necro.
    And to be fair from my POV DW Melee Magicka Nightblade was already dead during One Tamriel, because since concelead is so expensive for not that much damage you had to run light armour and high rec and in the procc sets and snares (tremorscale.......) meta this was way too squishy in 1vX, with almost no advantage over ranged mNB. But yeah I agree change on Relentless and Merciless was both unnecessary and nerfing further this playstyle; a lot. I was hoping for this patch to be the one where a dual wield melee could finally be effective again but no, no balance in this regard whatsoever (actually now even concelead builds will go flame staff I think)
    Edited by Erondil on January 4, 2017 11:10PM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully ZOS checks out this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311927/strife-increased-the-cost-of-this-ability-and-its-morphs-by-approximately-38/p1

Basically, Strife's main appeal is that it was dirt cheap. It didn't really have much else going for it, and even with it's dirt cheap cost it was still getting replaced by Force Pulse for most endgame PVE content. Next patch, Force Pulse/Crushing Shock will offer more damage (in addition to being a damage type that procs sets Strife can't like Ilambris, Burning Spellweave, and Winterborn) and more utility than Strife for a negligible cost increase. There's really not much reason to run Strife at this point. Hopefully the cost increase to Strife can be looked at again.

On the topic of spammables, can we talk about Concealed Weapon for a second? It's a very expensive skill with a very short range with less damage than it's stamina counterpart, Surprise Attack, and with similar magicka skills like Force Pulse. Can we see it's cost get a decrease, and/or it's secondary effect replaced with something more offensive? Seriously, the only players I know that use Concealed Weapon with good results in PVP are stamina NB gankers using the extra stealth speed to get into position more quickly. When the magicka morph of a skill is more popular with stamina builds than it is with magicka builds, something is wrong.

Also, can we talk about Grim Focus/Merciless Resolve? It's just so clunky to use. It procs on four light/heavy attacks, but if the light/heavy attack is dodged it doesn't count, everybody runs Major Evasion in PVP these days and it's VERY difficult to tell when one of your light attacks gets dodged in the middle of a fight, so you can often find yourself going to use your Assassin's Will only for it not to be procced. Can we make it proc off of something like 4 direct damage attacks, or on a timer (something like 4-6 seconds)? It would help proc Assassin's Will more reliably, and would make it easier for melee magic NBs to proc it. Also, why do we have to reapply Merciless Resolve to proc Assassin's Will again? Assassin's Will's damage is on par with Crystal Fragments, yet Crystal Fragments can be feasibly procced every few seconds (and has a huge visual cue with the glowing hands to let you know when it's procced, something that Assassin's Will really needs) while you might be able to get off two Assassin's Will procs every 10-15 seconds.

Finally, can we take a look at Impale? It doesn't have the range of Radiant Destruction (nor does it have the ability to go through dodge and reflect), it doesn't start scaling up in damage when the target is at 40-50% max health like the Reverse Slice, and it doesn't have an automatic execute proc like Endless Fury and it's Explosion proc. Can we give it one of these things? By the time I get a player down to 25% health, realize he's within execute range, and then hit my Impale button, that player has likely already blocked, dodged, and/or healed out of my execute range. Even when you cancel the Impale animation by immediately blocking after you cast it, it still doesn't land in time to do execute damage. It seems so weird that the assassin class has the worst execute in the game (and that the paladin class has the best execute, but that's a discussion for another day), can we get some love?

Please ZOS, listen to this guy.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    Merciless resolve should re-apply itself.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Needs it's cc to be changed back to what it used to be, it cc's if they have lower hp.

They should just take the CC off. You have to CC your target to have any hope of landing Incap (or just be hella lucky/fighting a noob), so the skill's CC is somewhat redundant. Even if you do CC target first, 1 or some of the effects may be dodged passively from Evasion...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should just take the CC off. You have to CC your target to have any hope of landing Incap (or just be hella lucky/fighting a noob), so the skill's CC is somewhat redundant. Even if you do CC target first, 1 or some of the effects may be dodged passively from Evasion...

You can ani cancel it so quick if they don't shuffle dodge it'll hit.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can ani cancel it so quick if they don't shuffle dodge it'll hit.

That's what I said, I think. Once CC'd it will hit if shuffle doesn't dodge it. In practical use it's a big IF to be rolling the dice that your Ult will land. And... you can also ani cancel...all the things. :|
    Edited by kadar on January 4, 2017 11:22PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they should just change it back to magic damage. The damage is way too high I got hit by a 11k incap and I'm wearing 6 pieces of heavy and all impen.
    Bring concealed weapon in line with surprise attack. Magblades need love

It's been so long since I've used this ability that I forgot about it. Honestly I actually liked the movement speed buff maybe the damage on it could increase when used on opponents that are snared
  • Mazio
    Mazio
    ✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    So, strife is now as expensive as force pulse. Yes that makes sense but also know that the low cost of this was propping up a magica NB class that was otherwise very weak. So weak that neither the top PVE raid group on E.U. or U.S. has a single one in it. It was the lowest dps PVE build before the 38% cost change. It is important that you understand that fact, This is the lowest dps class / resource combination before the change. After, well I don't think we will allow any in even middle of the road raid groups. It will be a broken class probably worse than sorc in 1.5.

If you are going to make that change to strife to put it in line with other dps skill costs the following other changes should be made to bring dps in line with other classes or else it may not even have enough dps to smoothly get vMA done despite having skills that are basically perfect for the mechanics in there (you will note that even now the NB cut off on the weekly leaderboards is a full 100k less than sorc and this is a pure dps difference as NB completes are smooth just slow as there dps is not high enough to break the mechanics all other builds now do).

1) NB currently has only one class DOT that is worth it to run (twisting is a dps loss and a screwy timing making it doubly a loss.) The good DOT is crippling and it is a very good DOT and also the best source of major expedition. Sorc has 2 class dots in lightning and curse (provided curse is still good). Twisting must be made 8 seconds to correspond with the length of a NB rotation and must be buffed to around the dps of wall or lightning or slightly lower depending on the funnel and relentless changes.

2) Funnel must do the dps of force pulse at least on single target. If it is to be the NB alternative to force pulse, have the same cost, and give a NB a reason to live and be relevant it must do the damage or very near. It heals too you say? Well last time I checked sorc healed a similar amount to NB but off of every skill that crits. Also, these siphoning skills are the NB heals. That is what they have, not a big push button or an nice stand alone HOT. Just because they do two things doesn't mean they can half ass one of them that just leaves a toon that is broken and isn't useful for anything not balanced.

3) Relentless, or whatever the magic morph now is, must be changed. Right now it is just a skill that is redundant with combat prayer and that has a proc that only pays for the cast offering no dps increase. It is a proc skill similar to sorc frags and should yeild a similar dps increase (frags also has a nice knock down for utility). You can't make the proc bigger because that would be OP in PVP. My thoughts are: first make this your source of major spell power as it's utility, next, make spectral bow a multi proc just like frags. Make the multi proc passive (like shards) and the major spell power active so you have to cold cast every 8 seconds (nb rotation should be always 8 seconds) to keep up spell power.

4) I am not sure if all the proc sets will now be garbage with no crits or if the no crits on PVE sets will stay. Probably so. If not though NB does need to either proc llambris with magica damage in addition to the shock and fire that currently procs it or perhaps having another DOT will bring is Skoria. Either way, if these 2 pc sets remain relevant mNB must be able to proc them as others do. Similarly, burning spell weave should proc from all magic damage in addition to fire. Right now this puts mNB's and mTemplars at a disadvantage as well as mSorcs relative to all fire DK's. The proc set thing is really an issue as making these sets BIS and their proc rates very different from class to class is an important, though hidden, source of imbalance.

I'm telling you, I am one of only 2 endgame raiders in the groups I run with still using a magic NB and I have been practicing sorc since the monster proc sets came out because the NB wasn't cutting it and I wanted to stay ranged. You have broken this class with the current change. I know, you probably won't care for 6 months until lots of folks QQ that I won't even give them a dps test for a raid on a mNB but I am wondering if housing will offer tomb stones so that I can just bury my lovely lady with dignity when the update drops. NB dps will be dead though, strife was the underpriced life support barely propping it up.

Yours sincerely,

47's Object of Afliction (my mNB) please don't let that mean Old Sparky (my mSorc toon) kill me and bury me in the yard. I am too pretty and young to die.

So so much sense in this post, it would take a lot of the awkwardness out of the Mag NB play style and put the class in a good spot without being OP. Using Relentless focus is clunky as all hell and can easily be a dps loss if you get it wrong. Using Sap Essence to proc Major sorcery as a ranged class is annoying too so i really can't agree more with this solution to Relentless Focus.
    I mean the whole post is just on the money ZOS, please look at these suggestions and seriously consider implementing them.
    I just don't understand a balance patch that takes one of the most under performing classes and lays the smack down on them even harder... i've seen some questionable balance decisions in games before but this one and quite a few others in this patch are honestly beyond belief, i don't think I've ever seen anything like it in a very very long time :/
    Update 35- No Fun Allowed
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should just change it back to magic damage. The damage is way too high I got hit by a 11k incap and I'm wearing 6 pieces of heavy and all impen.

Wow that's crazy. Maybe some super Alchemist wpn dmg stacker, empowered- incap-from-stealth build or something. I hit Incaps that high every once in a blue moon, but it's on light armor, zero impen builds. I don't think 11k is representative of what's typical against a player in 6 HA and 7 impen.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that's crazy. Maybe some super Alchemist wpn dmg stacker, empowered- incap-from-stealth build or something. I hit Incaps that high every once in a blue moon, but it's on light armor, zero impen builds. I don't think 11k is representative of what's typical against a player in 6 HA and 7 impen.

Yes I usually get hit for 6 to 7k from dueling stamblades and around 9k from gankblades. my armor was already fractured because I was fighting 2 nightblades. Then a 3rd one incaped me from stealth for 11k. Originally I use to defend this skill but in the recent changes in 1t everyone's damage is so much higher this skill is hitting way to hard
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its crazy I have still only been hit once with a Incap over 10k and I was in medium armor then.I do think they need to revert the stun where it only CC people lower health then you.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Its crazy I have still only been hit once with a Incap over 10k and I was in medium armor then.I do think they need to revert the stun where it only CC people lower health then you.

Yeah the damage, and cost is fine. The stun is over the top though.

The 2H ult needs to have a cost decrease though.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

Yeah the damage, and cost is fine. The stun is over the top though.

The 2H ult needs to have a cost decrease though.
    The 2h ultimate problem is that generally Dawnbreaker is just better its the same issue incap open world solo and small group Dawnbreaker is just better.1v1 incap is really good buts only good for Ganking and dueling.Reverting the stun to only lower health targets would make it better in 1v1 in my opinion.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure no one @ ZOS thought Strife itself was unbalanced. I think this change was made as part of an overarching effort to reduce magicka sustain in ESO. I think, as usual, the game designers -- the ones who implement the vision of the execs and leads -- had too little time to properly do this and Strife is a casualty.

It seems the ZOS POV is that the main balance issue in ESO is Magicka sustain and therefore it is what is being addressed with the "balance patch".

Edited by zyk on January 5, 2017 12:19AM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure no one @ ZOS thought Strife itself was unbalanced. I think this change was made as part of an overarching effort to reduce magicka sustain in ESO. I think, as usual, the game designers -- the ones who implement the vision of the execs and leads -- had too little time to properly do this and Strife is a casualty.

It seems the ZOS POV is that the main balance issue in ESO is Magicka sustain and therefore it is what is being addressed with the "balance patch".

from what i've played on PTS. this is probably the least fun i've had in ESO. such a shame they managed to *** this up.

not just in regards to nightblades. this entire patch is one giant disappointment they promised a balance patch and they give nothing of the sort. just tilt the game further in the direction of stamina, i didn't even think that *** was possible but ZoS proved me wrong.
    Edited by Lucky28 on January 5, 2017 12:48AM
    Invictus
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a idea how about they make Veil or consuming darkness a stam version of negate where it stops stamp abilities. Thoughts.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully ZOS checks out this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311927/strife-increased-the-cost-of-this-ability-and-its-morphs-by-approximately-38/p1

Basically, Strife's main appeal is that it was dirt cheap. It didn't really have much else going for it, and even with it's dirt cheap cost it was still getting replaced by Force Pulse for most endgame PVE content. Next patch, Force Pulse/Crushing Shock will offer more damage (in addition to being a damage type that procs sets Strife can't like Ilambris, Burning Spellweave, and Winterborn) and more utility than Strife for a negligible cost increase. There's really not much reason to run Strife at this point. Hopefully the cost increase to Strife can be looked at again.

On the topic of spammables, can we talk about Concealed Weapon for a second? It's a very expensive skill with a very short range with less damage than it's stamina counterpart, Surprise Attack, and with similar magicka skills like Force Pulse. Can we see it's cost get a decrease, and/or it's secondary effect replaced with something more offensive? Seriously, the only players I know that use Concealed Weapon with good results in PVP are stamina NB gankers using the extra stealth speed to get into position more quickly. When the magicka morph of a skill is more popular with stamina builds than it is with magicka builds, something is wrong.

Also, can we talk about Grim Focus/Merciless Resolve? It's just so clunky to use. It procs on four light/heavy attacks, but if the light/heavy attack is dodged it doesn't count, everybody runs Major Evasion in PVP these days and it's VERY difficult to tell when one of your light attacks gets dodged in the middle of a fight, so you can often find yourself going to use your Assassin's Will only for it not to be procced. Can we make it proc off of something like 4 direct damage attacks, or on a timer (something like 4-6 seconds)? It would help proc Assassin's Will more reliably, and would make it easier for melee magic NBs to proc it. Also, why do we have to reapply Merciless Resolve to proc Assassin's Will again? Assassin's Will's damage is on par with Crystal Fragments, yet Crystal Fragments can be feasibly procced every few seconds (and has a huge visual cue with the glowing hands to let you know when it's procced, something that Assassin's Will really needs) while you might be able to get off two Assassin's Will procs every 10-15 seconds.

Finally, can we take a look at Impale? It doesn't have the range of Radiant Destruction (nor does it have the ability to go through dodge and reflect), it doesn't start scaling up in damage when the target is at 40-50% max health like the Reverse Slice, and it doesn't have an automatic execute proc like Endless Fury and it's Explosion proc. Can we give it one of these things? By the time I get a player down to 25% health, realize he's within execute range, and then hit my Impale button, that player has likely already blocked, dodged, and/or healed out of my execute range. Even when you cancel the Impale animation by immediately blocking after you cast it, it still doesn't land in time to do execute damage. It seems so weird that the assassin class has the worst execute in the game (and that the paladin class has the best execute, but that's a discussion for another day), can we get some love?

This exactly are the problems with the class. However in addition to all of this. I am happy to see that the shades look pretty now. However they are bugged. Was that changed at all? They take group buffs, meaning the magblade that synergizes really well with necropotence and max Magicka can't use that set in a trial setting.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Is there a fix for this or is it known to you?
    Also everything the guy I quoted needs to be looked at.
  • welldias
    welldias
    Soul Shriven
    I guess nobody is thinking about it, but nightblade has a unique passive ability caleed "hemorrhage" that gives you 10% more crit damage, but proc sets is dealing no crit damage, so Sorcs are keeping their "expert mage" for extra Wp damage, but nightblade are completly useless with proc sets. Please improve or change this passive skill.