The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Feedback Thread for Dragonknight Balance Improvements

• strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    Why not an anti purge on Wings? Like "after successfully reflecting an ability, the enemy is afflicted with Major [insert new name]"

Major [insert new name] does X damage to an enemy whenever they remove a debuff over 15 seconds.

Bam, wings is useful, DKs can't be purged Willy nilly, if they remove the new debuff they still take damage from it
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not an anti purge on Wings? Like "after successfully reflecting an ability, the enemy is afflicted with Major [insert new name]"

Major [insert new name] does X damage to an enemy whenever they remove a debuff over 15 seconds.

Bam, wings is useful, DKs can't be purged Willy nilly, if they remove the new debuff they still take damage from it

Sure, literally anything is better than what is does now. From simple buffs like increased duration/skills to 6 seconds, or complex stuff like this, anything would work. But we need something. The amount of useless skills DKs have has never been as high as it is now.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Drishtan
    Drishtan
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Please Change Wings to 6 seconds. A lil reduction couldn't hurt either!
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really too bad desert rose got nerfed. I understand it was really strong, but without that the dk really needs some sustain help. I think sustain should be number one on the list to look at now for mdk.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found this and it's so true it hurts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxANa8UXx3Y
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is DK going to get an execute ability?
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »

Wrobel say ever! Dk is uniq class - lol
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »

They should just give an execute on 2nd proc of Flame Lash. But obvious solutions are apparently not so obvious when it's up to @Wrobel
    PC NA

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance one of Lava Whips morphs get turned into a Stamina version?

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Stam dk really doesn't need a buff xD

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you nerf the embers heal finally? Now that you've give mag dk a decent heal? Half the embers heal to what it used to be.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you nerf the embers heal finally? Now that you've give mag dk a decent heal? Half the embers heal to what it used to be.

How is this a buff? Its merely a change for convince so that we don't have to Dizzying swing spam all day.

If NBs can get Suprise Attack, Templars can get bitting jabs then I see no reason why sDK can't get a stam whip.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

How is this a buff? Its merely a change for convince so that we don't have to Dizzying swing spam all day.

If NBs can get Suprise Attack, Templars can get bitting jabs then I see no reason why sDK can't get a stam whip.

Yup, Im f'ing tired of being a generic stam build as a DK with only a couple class abilities slotted. Whatever though, in less than 24 hours Ill be respecced as a mag dk and start the gear farm all over again.
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Dk's get dots.
    Stamplar get a stam channel
    Nb's an instant stam attack.

Not every class needs to be the same, dk's aren't in need of a whip.
    Riggsy wrote: »

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Yup, Im f'ing tired of being a generic stam build as a DK with only a couple class abilities slotted. Whatever though, in less than 24 hours Ill be respecced as a mag dk and start the gear farm all over again.

You have plenty of options.

Dot build with dw
    S&b build
    2h build
    Heavy ganking build with bow.

Etc....

You have dots, wings, igneous, volatile etc.... , hardest hitting physical ult in the game.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Dk's get dots.

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Dot build with dw
    S&b build
    2h build

Etc....

You have dots, wings, igneous, volatile etc.... , hardest hitting physical ult in the game.

You didnt refute by point, I run 2h/sb pvp and dw/bow pve - that FACT remains most abilities slotted are not class ones.
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Dk's get dots.

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Dot build with dw
    S&b build
    2h build

Etc....

You didnt refute by point, I run 2h/sb pvp and dw/bow pve - that FACT remains most abilities slotted are not class ones.

Then go magicka DK if you want to whip people. Stam has FOUR weapon lines to choose abilities from. Magicka has ONE. (Two if you count resto.). Class abilities shouldn't be half and half because stamina already has more options.
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Dk's get dots.

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Dot build with dw
    S&b build
    2h build

Etc....

Then go magicka DK if you want to whip people. Stam has FOUR weapon lines to choose abilities from. Magicka has ONE. (Two if you count resto.). Class abilities shouldn't be half and half because stamina already has more options.

Yes, just because of whip... Not the fact that mag outperforms stam in endgame content (trials) while stam DKs got nerfed with Standard (still no explanation WHY), and stam in general with trap and crit. Or in PVP where mag DK got a decent heal now, a decent ultimate (yes the shield is helpful, try using it against zergs), added damage to whip and the ability to block with a staff (which will be the next broken pvp meta).

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hardest hitting physical ultimate in the game is not take flight, please correct yourself. DBoS hits harder and so does Onslaught, and rend (arrow ulti too but yeah).

Dks have DoTs yet that has not been addressed in PvP like it was suppose to this patch. Please let me DoT you up while you shield it, heal through it, and purge it. Keep playing a DK class before thinking DoTs will be the thing to pressure your enemy; I will say the only decent DoT in PvP usage (as I eluded what my view point was earlier) is Poison injection because of it's built in execute.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Dk's get dots.

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Dot build with dw
    S&b build
    2h build

Etc....

Dw buff spelldmg, staff no buff weapon dmg. Stamina has more options. Hahahahaha. Why all stamina useres use dw ma weapons? Other solutions are weak.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason i even mentioned an honestly never gonna happen thing like a stamina version of Whip is because my utter frustration with my Dragonknight character. For a year now ive been on and off trying to find a decent enough build and playstyle for it so it can reach "Main" status, and in the end i was left with trying to use my khajiit racial passives as a stam DK, and since i havent tried playing with a sword and shield build, i went that route, but not of a tank but as a damage dealer.

Between the DoTs, a hard hitting Ransack and Tremorscale proccing my dps is "okay", but having something like Lava Whip on the bar as well would skyrocket my characters capability. I recognize its a crap shoot, but itd still be REALLY nice if it did have a Stam morph.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

and a poison standard.
    I went back to mDK for a couple weeks. Terrible sustain and slow. Stamina DK again even with the coming nerfs.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change Venomous Claw to instant damage instead of being a dot since it has no secondary effect other than getting stronger each tick which can be purged.

Change Ingneous Weapons so that when active returns stamina and magicka just like siphoning attacks.

Move the major brutality and major sorcery from Igneous Weapons to Inferno and both of its morphs.

Think about these changes would benefit both Stam and Magicka dk.
    Edited by Aquanova on February 6, 2017 4:03PM
    NA/PC
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Aquanova
    That last change would definitely mess up a lot of stam dks and mag dks.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @Aquanova
    That last change would definitely mess up a lot of stam dks and mag dks.

@MaxwellC the reason I would move the major brutality/sorcery to Inferno is because I don't think ZOS will change it back to being an AOE like hurricane and we would need a reason to slot it. Other wise I think if it were left in Igneous, they would have to completely rework Inferno and it's morphs to be useful.
    NA/PC
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had we not fought as hard as we did this update would have been a complete and utter failure for the mDK. The nerf to wings still held through to live. Why do we have to fight for sane development decisions like we did with dragons blood? Why do core class skills get nerfed until they are no longer used? Lets list all the skills that they destroyed from PvP.
    • Chains (finally returned somewhat after 2 years
    • inferno (except dueling)
    • Reflect
    • Dragon blood finally returned after ~ 2 years
    • Cinderstorm (evasion)
    • Both our shields (now just a mending buff)

Compared to what we have anticipated and expected over the past 2 years, all in all this update was a huge disappointment and a debatable overall improvement. And the only reason we can say that much is because we had to fight hard to change dragonblood from the ridiculous way it started.

So yeah I would like to thank the people that deserve it, all you guys who fought on the forums just to make this a positive update because if left to the people in charge of this class it would have been a complete failure.
    Edited by Armitas on February 6, 2017 5:04PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    Change Venomous Claw to instant damage instead of being a dot since it has no secondary effect other than getting stronger each tick which can be purged.

Change Ingneous Weapons so that when active returns stamina and magicka just like siphoning attacks.

Move the major brutality and major sorcery from Igneous Weapons to Inferno and both of its morphs.

Oh, stamblade!

They need to improve DoTs in general, not destroy them.
    Edited by Xvorg on February 6, 2017 8:58PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Oh, stamblade!

Improve DoTs huh? How, make it where it can't be purged? Yeah I'd love that. Don't think it's gonna happen though.
    NA/PC
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, stamblade!

Improve DoTs huh? How, make it where it can't be purged? Yeah I'd love that. Don't think it's gonna happen though.
    Some placeable dot's have purge-counter, e.g. inevitable detonation.
    Cleansing should still work, but maybe dot can hit for something like 50%(to not instakill templars) of last dot duration*tick damage while purged(solo/smallscale), or place different debuffs while dot purged there's a lot of such: major/minor maim, defile, breach, mangle, vulnerability(huge group utility boost)

Whatever, fixed cDB and 5% damage boost on whip are game changers for mDK from battle team perspective and mDK won't get anything more.
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭

Oh, stamblade!

Some placeable dot's have purge-counter, e.g. inevitable detonation.
    Cleansing should still work, but maybe dot can hit for something like 50%(to not instakill templars) of last dot duration*tick damage while purged(solo/smallscale), or place different debuffs while dot purged there's a lot of such: major/minor maim, defile, breach, mangle, vulnerability(huge group utility boost)

Whatever, fixed cDB and 5% damage boost on whip are game changers for mDK from battle team perspective and mDK won't get anything more.

DK DoTs simply need to do their full damage instantly if you purge it, gives us burst, gives us a reason to stack them, give's the Templars that love to perma-block inside their ritual spamming breath of life a choice. It's not like it'd do all that much damage anyway, Embers entire damage is about 1/3rd of most people's health, sometimes more depending on if you factor in crits and resists.
    Supreme Leader Panda
    GM of Licinius Exploitation Incorporated
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK DoTs simply need to do their full damage instantly if you purge it, gives us burst, gives us a reason to stack them, give's the Templars that love to perma-block inside their ritual spamming breath of life a choice. It's not like it'd do all that much damage anyway, Embers entire damage is about 1/3rd of most people's health, sometimes more depending on if you factor in crits and resists.
    So you like "inevitable" case, it's not going to happen anyway, "buffpatch" is already live and next one will be in a 1.5 years, when everyone will oneshot everybody just by targeting them and pressing HA.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Dk's get dots.

Poisoned Whip?

Diseased Whip?

...maybe please?

Dot build with dw
    S&b build
    2h build

Etc....

False its DBOS.

No Stam DK is using Wings try again
    NO stam DK is using Noxius breath try again
    NO stam DK is using DW try again

Try try again.
    Power Wealth And Influence.