Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Natch Potes???ß?

• Lemonzy
    Lemonzy
    Cîanai wrote: »
    blur wrote: »
    im pressing the refresh button over and over like there is no tomorrow

Just to save you some sanity, it will be at least a couple more hours until we publish the patch notes.

Why do you have this backwards and horrible way about giving us patch notes? Why not put them up the day (or days) before in advance?

Well for one, they were still being finalized today... ;)

I hope you mean 'today' in Europe :#

I don't think so...
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    unhander_2 wrote: »
    We should be handing her cups of Gatorade and hand towels , not requesting previews . That's a PC marathon she's running .

Like any other firm she will have a team of professionals working with her, she's a manager after all. She literally does not have to do everything herself, it's a team effort, plus I believe that the patch notes come from the devs, she just verifies them by compulsively reading the re-reading and re-re-reading them and then some more. Think of her more a type of quality control, in a way that is.

Once upon a time I'm sure it was mentioned Gina gets them in "dev speak" and translates them to "layman terms" for us.

Agreed, quality control then, inform the customer in a way that they can understand.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I'm guessing these notes are coming out tomorrow lol
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We should be handing her cups of Gatorade and hand towels , not requesting previews . That's a PC marathon she's running .

Like any other firm she will have a team of professionals working with her, she's a manager after all. She literally does not have to do everything herself, it's a team effort, plus I believe that the patch notes come from the devs, she just verifies them by compulsively reading the re-reading and re-re-reading them and then some more. Think of her more a type of quality control, in a way that is.

Once upon a time I'm sure it was mentioned Gina gets them in "dev speak" and translates them to "layman terms" for us.

I don't know why this seems to be the case the world over but coders can spend weeks of sleepless nights crafting the most intricate solutions to create functionality but then can't be arsed to document what they did in human sentences - or even sometimes just notes for themselves. It's bizarre. I imagine with a video game it's much more necessary to document "what did we actually get around to and accomplish that the designers asked for?"
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrs Bruno is probably trapped in a dungeon chained to a laptop with a clown in the corner cracking the natch potes whip . There's no "staff" .
  • O-Los_Zulis
    O-Los_Zulis
    ✭✭✭
    Sumpfheini wrote: »
    Wow if you are able to write 46 pages in one workday you have my utmost respect, just finished a 15 pages paper that took about 2 months :blush:

I believe most of it be cut/paste and then fine tuning to make sure we understanding it.
    Oh-Yea and deleting the super secret stuff we don't need to know about...lol

*waiting on Uber to deliver the Über 27 page patch notes*

(Yes, I know it grew by one page.)
    Tyger Blue Eyes

"My words mean nothing if you never listen."

-=15+ Toons=- cp1300+ Master Crafter+ 12+AD 1DC 1EP=-

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah....I think ppl assume its a company of 200+ staff

prob more like 25-30

Lol, that is simply not possible in the real world. Or is it.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey @ZOS_GinaBruno it is here 23:15 so can we wait little more till 00:00 or we need to sleep at leats you can say that:)
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrs Bruno is probably trapped in a dungeon chained to a laptop with a clown in the corner cracking the natch potes whip . There's no "staff" .

Well with technology it could be possible, but another set of eyes is recommended to go over a document/notes before submitting/publishing in my opinion, as the human mind is simply not ready to accept it's own mistake.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then again it could be the clown that would review it for her.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    hey @ZOS_GinaBruno it is here 23:15 so can we wait little more till 00:00 or we need to sleep at leats you can say that:)

Sleep, there is no sleep in elite gaming. You need to mountain dew up and put the hustle on that concentration.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Hafgar_W
    Hafgar_W
    ✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

I don't know why this seems to be the case the world over but coders can spend weeks of sleepless nights crafting the most intricate solutions to create functionality but then can't be arsed to document what they did in human sentences - or even sometimes just notes for themselves. It's bizarre. I imagine with a video game it's much more necessary to document "what did we actually get around to and accomplish that the designers asked for?"

They're probably not human.

Seriously, though. I'm pretty sure they do leave notes for themselves inside the code in the form of comments.
    Edited by Hafgar_W on January 3, 2017 9:22PM
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    @Hafjoldr - Oathsworn of Vokundein
    Ignorance is a curse.
  • Beware13
    Beware13
    ✭✭✭
    The waiting is giving me anxiety. Someone help.
    [XB1][NA] 805 CP - 8 Max toons
    [PC][NA] 351 CP - 4 Max toons

vMA Flawless • vMoL • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Crossing my fingers the patch notes will be the length of a harry potter book :)

I don't have time to read Harry Potter and the Potes of Natch.

driosketch wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Crossing my fingers the patch notes will be the length of a harry potter book :)

I don't have time to read Harry Potter and the Potes of Natch.
    Really? But Harry Potter & the Deathly Patch Notes was soo good!

As harry sat quietly in snapes potions classroom refreshing his phone every few minutes for patch notes "Mr. Potter what ingredient is needed to create a potion of balance" snape said
    Harry finally knowing the answer looked him dead in the eye and said "netch farts"

So good!
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • DrWill
    DrWill
    TheHsN wrote: »

That will be fine, Gina could tell us if in 2 hours will be ready or we could go sleep.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Working on formatting them now, but I keep getting distracted by forum pop-up messages :sweat_smile:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Creator Engagement Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on formatting them now, but I keep getting distracted by forum pop-up messages :sweat_smile:

How long does formatting take? =D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

Just don't @PatchnoteFormatter or it will take longer
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You said it be a couple of hours... I'd like to pretend to work now, instead of work.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not gambling or paying 45 : lol :
    20% base speed for high ping players.
    Streak moves you faster then speed cap.
    They should of made 4v4v4v4 instead of 8v8.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey thanks for the update. :D
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭

Format is not neccesarry, just bring em up ^^
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • DrWill
    DrWill
    STFU Everyone and let Gina work!

C´mon girl!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Just don't @PatchnoteFormatter or it will take longer

Or quote something with her tagged in it. That warrants a pop up to.

Say no to pop ups!

I imagine formatting is annoying as it's all in pretty bullet lists.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legitimate question to the community (all except @patchnoteformatter), will we be able to begin the PTS update before or after patch notes release?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

How true this is. I work with a developer who might spend two weeks working on something but cannot remember the changes he made yesterday - good luck on getting any documentation!
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Legitimate question to the community (all except @patchnoteformatter), will we be able to begin the PTS update before or after patch notes release?

I guess its pretty much the same time though

• LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭

I guess its pretty much the same time though

So you can read and update at the same time

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If she's formating it herself, then I was wrong in thinking that there is staff, pity the dungeon and clown are real.
    Edited by The_Protagonist on January 3, 2017 9:28PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well; I have to go and will do some physical activity to where I can't even check my phone for more than a quick look at a text or email so

@ZOS_GinaBruno

latest?cb=20071220014911
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

USUALLY the launcher starts updating before you can actually get in, and RIGHT BEFORE the server goes up we get patch notes.

There has been occurrences where Gina let her fingers slip and we got the notes quite a bit ahead of time (I believe it was like 20-30 minutes), but that's not usually how it goes.
    Edited by MissBizz on January 3, 2017 9:29PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord