Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Natch Potes???ß?

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You patching or writing a thesis ?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blur wrote: »
    im pressing the refresh button over and over like there is no tomorrow

Just to save you some sanity, it will be at least a couple more hours until we publish the patch notes.

Why do you have this backwards and horrible way about giving us patch notes? Why not put them up the day (or days) before in advance?

Well for one, they were still being finalized today... ;)

@ZOS_GinaBruno Crossing my fingers the patch notes will be the length of a harry potter book :)

Not quite, but they are pretty hefty at 46 pages!

That's it? Talk about anti-climax? What have you been doing for the rest of the day? :smiley:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno you waiting on releasing the potes until pts is ready, or still writing then? Any eta?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK @ZOS_GinaBruno , how much longer? Should we start F5ing?
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you use fonts size 28? :hushed:

• Karraxx
    Karraxx
    ✭✭✭
    me waiting for the natch potes

J7VZhae.gif
    Officer - Bleakrock Barter Co/Blackbriar Barter co
    Resident Bacon Enthusiast and Salt Factory
    I livestream ESO and occasionally other stuff on https://www.twitch.tv/karraxx/
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Im guessing she means like word pages. Not forum pages.. i hope. Or else we got some serious reading to do. Make use of those unusually long long screens lol
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grileenor wrote: »
    Do you use fonts size 28? :hushed:

Don't get too worked up, most of that is likely descriptions of houses, furnishings, and the like, rather than balances changes.
    Unless of course housing is really all you're waiting for in this patch then I suppose go ahead and get worked up :tongue:
    Edited by LinearParadox on January 3, 2017 8:48PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we get a small preview?

Say... Page 27?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, 46 pages, what did you guys expect? Aside from rebalancing/nerfing, unless they have a surprise additional feature added, then it is just adding homes and the ability to furnish them...eventually, after you've attained necessary materials to craft what furniture you want.
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2730+
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Say... Page 27?

Heh... Actually, knowing there are 46 pages, I'm requesting something off page 42, where we can find the Ultimate Patch Note to Life, the Universe, and Everything...
  • Sumpfheini
    Sumpfheini
    ✭✭✭
    Wow if you are able to write 46 pages in one workday you have my utmost respect, just finished a 15 pages paper that took about 2 months :blush:
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

Just to save you some sanity, it will be at least a couple more hours until we publish the patch notes.

She posted this two hours ago.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 3, 2017 8:54PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Say... Page 27?

Heh... Actually, knowing there are 46 pages, I'm requesting something off page 42, where we can find the Ultimate Patch Note to Life, the Universe, and Everything...

Page 42 just has a penned notation - "check with Steve".
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sumpfheini wrote: »
    Wow if you are able to write 46 pages in one workday you have my utmost respect, just finished a 15 pages paper that took about 2 months :blush:

It is all a matter of font sizes :lol:
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Say... Page 27?

I thought of asking about page 42 but I thought Gina would troll me with 42 uses for the Nordic Bather's Towel.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »

She posted this two hours ago.

Hey give her a break, she did say at least 2 hours, plus she has a habit of re-reading several times before publishing.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should be handing her cups of Gatorade and hand towels , not requesting previews . That's a PC marathon she's running .
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just saw an episode of Dr OZ, and he said if you are typing for over 2 hours straight you should take a break, stand up for 1m, stretch, and then post a DK teaser.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Crossing my fingers the patch notes will be the length of a harry potter book :)

I don't have time to read Harry Potter and the Potes of Natch.

driosketch wrote: »

I don't have time to read Harry Potter and the Potes of Natch.
    Really? But Harry Potter & the Deathly Patch Notes was soo good!

As harry sat quietly in snapes potions classroom refreshing his phone every few minutes for patch notes "Mr. Potter what ingredient is needed to create a potion of balance" snape said
    Harry finally knowing the answer looked him dead in the eye and said "netch farts"
  • BucFanJKE
    BucFanJKE
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, the more we bug her, the longer it will take. Patience people. Let the woman do her job.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should be handing her cups of Gatorade and hand towels , not requesting previews . That's a PC marathon she's running .

Like any other firm she will have a team of professionals working with her, she's a manager after all. She literally does not have to do everything herself, it's a team effort, plus I believe that the patch notes come from the devs, she just verifies them by compulsively reading the re-reading and re-re-reading them and then some more. Think of her more a type of quality control, in a way that is.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BucFanJKE wrote: »
    I mean, the more we bug her, the longer it will take. Patience people. Let the woman do her job.

Bah. I figure there are at least three of her. They can't ALL be busy, ALL the time. :smile:
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blur wrote: »

Why do you have this backwards and horrible way about giving us patch notes? Why not put them up the day (or days) before in advance?

Well for one, they were still being finalized today... ;)

I hope thats 46 pages that you're typing from and result in 4 - 6 pages of comments.

46 pages is the whole game if all updates were listed and complied with story lines, etc.

What are you all doing on PTS?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gawd it has only been 12hrs, give it some time.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    I just saw an episode of Dr OZ, and he said if you are typing for over 2 hours straight you should take a break, stand up for 1m, stretch, and then post a DK teaser.

:smirk: Nice.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unhander_2 wrote: »

Like any other firm she will have a team of professionals working with her, she's a manager after all. She literally does not have to do everything herself, it's a team effort, plus I believe that the patch notes come from the devs, she just verifies them by compulsively reading the re-reading and re-re-reading them and then some more. Think of her more a type of quality control, in a way that is.

Once upon a time I'm sure it was mentioned Gina gets them in "dev speak" and translates them to "layman terms" for us.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • BucFanJKE
    BucFanJKE
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Once upon a time I'm sure it was mentioned Gina gets them in "dev speak" and translates them to "layman terms" for us.

That's probably harder to do that writing them from scratch lol
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Yeah....I think ppl assume its a company of 200+ staff

prob more like 25-30
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    Gawd it has only been 12hrs, give it some time.

Since you are from the future, can you tell us what the Natch Potes are?