Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Here's why I'm burnt out right now.

• DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh! You play to much. Stop playin' no seriously stop playin so much.

In all seriousness, the time taken to create new content is ridiculously more than the time taken to learn and enjoy new content. Comparing ESO to WoW as far as production and release isn't really a very good comparison or fair to either. They have vastly different attitudes towards content direction, combat design, and structure. They have vastly different sizes of both player base and profit. ESO does not have WoW's budget and ZOS does not compare to Blizzard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision_Blizzard

Total Equity:
    ZOS 2.5 Billion
    Blizz 8 Billion

Employee's:
    ZOS 1000+
    Blizz 9000+

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online

Lifespan
    ESO released in April 2014, 2 yrs
    WoW released in Nov 2004, 12 yrs

I have played this game since beta, however I have taken breaks at times, and I haven't always had the time to invest heavily into the game. There are definitely times that I feel burnt out, and there are times of frustration over broken mechanics that have been broken for over two years which leads to a feeling of futility.

Something that I have found to be generally true, is that when I feel burnt out the most usually I have been neglecting my obligations outside of the game. There are other games out there, especially on Xbox/PS that are not really designed for long term character progression and they make great stop gaps where I can go spend a month or so messing around on them.

I do share concern about the direction of the game and about a feeling of a lack of content and attention towards glitches and bugs. However the longer I play the more I believe this is a general feeling that I have found true in every game I've played and really is a naturally arising emotion in life.

Things are never perfect, there are simply times where things are new and fresh and exciting and at this point ESO is not new or fresh or exciting for many of us. I simply try to not destroy the excitement of new players by drowning them in the problems I have discovered from years playing.

One of the signs of longevity from players that I have found is whether they are interested and involved in PVP. Players that PVP somewhat regularly seem to stick around longer than those that don't. PVP can be very intimidating and not very enjoyable if you are new to it, however PVP combat is usually more diverse than PVE combat and that leads to more interesting game play.

In PVP there is always a "meta" and hordes of players latch onto it, but the meta is always changing as well, and you never know when you are going to run into a new player running a different setup. I normally run around with 5-6 different sets of gear and play around extensively with different, skill/gear/champion setups. This has been a big part of what has kept me around for so long.

I empathize with the feeling of being burnt out, it sucks. I hope that you can find something in this game or another to enliven and refresh your gaming experience. Games are most fun when everyone is having fun.

This is why with freetime I want to use playing video games I will spend days playing other games and taking a break from my current mmorpg if I am playing one at the time.
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya I agree they have been slacking at content they take the easy way and revamped old content
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, any dlc/xpac smaller than Orsinium actually pisses me off. Orsinium was a GREAT dlc and by far the best content released by ZOS so far, and I think that any xpac smaller than Orsinium should be free content.

If we're lucky we might see some proper expansion packs released for ESO.
    I'd pay $50 for a real expansion, but I wouldn't pay at all for crappy mini dlc's - that's what ESO+ is for.

DLC = ESO+ and crown store, optional content.
    Expansion = Continuation of the story, you need this content to progress.

This way ZOS really would make more money and what everyone wants, that the game thrives and evolves, would become reality.
    Heck, I'd even rather this game became subscription based again if it would just give us some content already.
    Edited by Shogunami on December 26, 2016 11:58AM
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaKTaiL wrote: »
    DLCs planned for 2017:
    • Housing (February)
    • Vvardenfell (May/June?)
    • Clockwork City (sequel to the prophecy at the end of Orsinium storyline)
    • Mephala's Realm (new Oblivion area like Coldharbour)
    • Murkmire (new monster area like Craglorn)
    Here is a video of the last three on the list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEvfX1gPa_4

This video was released half a year or so after the launch of ESO, that's two years ago, and further, they also talked about spellcrafting, which they said they probably wouldn't do. If we put all our faith in trailers then everything would be fine, but that is a terrible way to go about doing things. Also, they have not mentioned any of these (Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm or Murkmire) since the very same quakecon that revealed them. Either way, none of these upcoming features will fix the immediate problems the game is dealing with. Lastly, nowhere does it say those are planned for 2017, housing is the only one that is confirmed for 2017. They even mentioned Battlegrounds as a possibility for next year, but I don't see that in the video, so yeah. TLDR: Don't put your faith in things until you know for certain they will happen.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the non repeatable content and such is not an issue. Gauging an MMO on this is not a good measuring stick. After all Zos could introduce something that takes a lot of effort to grind such a reputation, et, all.

However, Zos is slow on delivering meaningful content for end game. Until earlier this year none of the group end game had any challenge, it was all lower level with the first two trials being lower level for most of the life of this game.

Fortunately Zos finally brought in a trial and upgraded the old trials. However, Zos is majorly falling behind the top MMOs concerning group trials and I have not heard of any information that new trials are on their way.

Considering one of the devs commented that ESO does not have hard core players, saying the game mostly had players that played the new content for a few weeks then moved on until the next update, it seems Zos is not concerned about the raiding in this game.

Sad, and hopefully Zos realizes their responsibility and begins to act in a manner that brings this game closer to what the top MMOs have to offer.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm a little burnt out as well. Done everything over and over and over.

Looking forward to housing, but playing other stuff will occupy my time. Cyrodiil is unplayable for me now, which was my daily grind for a long time.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think something positive out of this is that even if the content that was slated to be release was 2 years ago, the background work has been done. The code and the essentials would have been done. Question is when.

To the op, take a break. You want more content but at the current rate you're going, any content that comes up would be eaten up ASAP. You're just making yourself burned out. Take a break, go and play other games. I know I did for the last year and when I came back, boom, brotherhood, orsinium, crag lorn... All these zones surprising enough I have not even touched yet on any of my toons.

I have faith the team at ZoS will do a wonderful job come 2017 but we need to cool off on the content grind because it doesn't help any body.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaKTaiL wrote: »
    DLCs planned for 2017:
    • Housing (February)
    • Vvardenfell (May/June?)
    • Clockwork City (sequel to the prophecy at the end of Orsinium storyline)
    • Mephala's Realm (new Oblivion area like Coldharbour)
    • Murkmire (new monster area like Craglorn)
    Here is a video of the last three on the list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEvfX1gPa_4

Don't hold your breath, that video is from 2014.

We usually have quarterly content updates.. since we've had one Tamriel I would think homestead is coming with some other content update and then we have enough to have it all in 2017.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not, Ive had almost 8 month break, Im itching to come back, cant wait for Feb.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one knew about Dark Bortherhood and Gold Coast until few months before launch so I don't see why a DLC like Vvardenfell wouldnt hit before the Murkmire, Clockwork City and Mephala's Realm.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find myself playing less and less, my interest in the game is fading, like a lot of people I seem to log in gather my goodies and log out and play something else. I hope 2017 picks up the pace.

I find when I just do the "login to gather goodies" too much it makes the game feel worse.

I have much more fun logging in more rarely, but spending an hour or two just wandering around not being especially planned or productive.

so that's how I tend to play
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My point is that if I sub, then maybe I'm not continuing to get my money's worth. I've certainly got my fill of the price i paid for eso but what about the $15 a month?

Um... a movie or two expensive coffees.

I'm not gonna sweat that if I somehow magically don't 'get my money's worth' in a particular month.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Phica_Lovic
    Phica_Lovic
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    My point is that if I sub, then maybe I'm not continuing to get my money's worth. I've certainly got my fill of the price i paid for eso but what about the $15 a month?

Um... a movie or two expensive coffees.

I'm not gonna sweat that if I somehow magically don't 'get my money's worth' in a particular month.

Ok. Good talk.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Phica -Max CP - Lvl 50 Argonian Sorc Healer since launch