The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Limited New Life Festival Items Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms)

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed by the price. Considering it's the only mount I wanted recently, it's a good thing I have some Crowns left over, I guess.
    Edited by Enodoc on December 22, 2016 5:55PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • william19882007
    william19882007
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Disappointed by the price. Considering it's the only mount I wanted recently, it's a good thing I have some Crowns left over, I guess.

i have wanted a mount like this since beta, i got it not happy about the price but i do love it. lol
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have wanted a mount like this since beta, i got it not happy about the price but i do love it. lol
    I think that's probably what they were counting on. The number of people who really want this mount means they can get away with an extortionate price. Still, they would probably have had more sales overall if it was a bit less. Not good practice, ZOS.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • vigilantics
    vigilantics
    Soul Shriven
    I've never been so disappointed in a game in my entire life. I had higher expectations from the ESO team. This seriously makes me sick...4,500 crowns. I'm going to blast this stupid move in every social media forum I can find. This should be a punishable offense on Christmas.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that's probably what they were counting on. The number of people who really want this mount means they can get away with an extortionate price. Still, they would probably have had more sales overall if it was a bit less. Not good practice, ZOS.

I don't think ZOS knows what the right balance of price is here. The difference in crown motifs indicates they are testing the waters still on what they can get away with. Reports of horse animations and no visual upgrades, minimum effort applied.

Also no fix on hat dyes till update 13? I thought all this stuff was supposed to fund future and continued development. /s
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Well, I would say otherwise: the price is majestic but the elk isn't.
    As you wish, but we are in agreement about the price :) In this context, I meant majestic as 'causing great admiration and respect'.

I used to look forward to the Crown Store Showcase. Time to manage my expectations.

'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is what I wanted for Christmas... but now it's time consider do I want ZOS for the new year.
  • mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭
    MORE than the lightening cat!? Really!?

Super sad. :( I was looking forward to this, but you know... it's Christmas and my money was spent on others. I have enough crowns, but it's hard to justify partaking in obvious price gouging. I was expecting 3,000. But this is just a sad joke.

Edited by mrs_gibbs on December 22, 2016 6:51PM
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think someone started the eggnog a little early this year. Guess someone projected that they would make more at double the price it should be and sell half as many. Then people who want it later but not for 4500 will buy crates for a chance at it. Win/win for them. I probably wouldn't buy it even for 2k since they will come out with one with different colors/effects later making this one inferior.

I am now scared to see housing costs in Feb.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think someone started the eggnog a little early this year. Guess someone projected that they would make more at double the price it should be and sell half as many. Then people who want it later but not for 4500 will buy crates for a chance at it. Win/win for them. I probably wouldn't buy it even for 2k since they will come out with one with different colors/effects later making this one inferior.

Sadly, this.
    PC-NA
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mrs_gibbs wrote: »
    MORE than the lightening cat!? Really!?

Super sad. :( I was looking forward to this, but you know... it's Christmas and my money was spent on others. I have enough crowns, but it's hard to justify partaking in obvious price gouging. I was expecting 3,000. But this is just a sad joke.
    Knowing what anything costs in crowns is a complete guess. I always figured the super-flashy gear would be more expensive, but apparently not so. The same way personalities have costs that make no sense. Really detailed ones are cheaper, poorly animated ones with little animations are more expensive.

The costs are really inconsistent.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, the first part of your statement pretty much sums it up. The people who really want this mount will buy the mount because it is worth 4500 Crowns to them. Aside from the squeal, it is a cool mount. It is seriously better than any of the doggy mounts, and has better riding animation than the bear mounts. If the problem with the stamina/capacity/speed is a bug, and not intentional, this is easily a top of the line non-magical mount. This not your Dad's guar. I can see how people would consider it to be worth 4500 Crowns.

This is not an item for the "common player" in the game. This is obviously an item that only the top spenders will be buying. Those players who have the Crowns and are willing to part with them. It is not an item designed to generate a ton of Crown Store sales, and it is not priced to be one. This is one of those "if you have to ask the price, it's not for you" type of things.

I am completely fine with that. I don't have to buy it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's incredibly disappointing. I was hoping it wouldn't be more than 3k considering the kagouti mount (a unique reskin but using an existing skeleton) cost 2500. :/

Unless there's a crown sale I'm going to hold off on it. Shame, cause it does look nice.
  • Elderscrollian
    Elderscrollian
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's incredibly disappointing. I was hoping it wouldn't be more than 3k considering the kagouti mount (a unique reskin but using an existing skeleton) cost 2500. :/

Unless there's a crown sale I'm going to hold off on it. Shame, cause it does look nice.

^ This, I was expecting 2500 and even that I would consider a lot for a mount.. 4500 is just plain taking the pi** Was looking forward to that mount too..ah well.

Like its not bad enough content we pay for is going into RNG gambling crap that is lockboxes..now we have insane pricing nonsense to deal with.. way to ruin the year end Zenimax
    Edited by Elderscrollian on December 23, 2016 12:07AM
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    I would truly love to have the elk but no thanks for that price
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is it intended that there appear to be no visual upgrades for speed/stamina/capacity on the Great Elk?
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not hearing anything good about the elk and The Smurfs want their hats back.
  • Shazgob
    Shazgob
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Shame on you ZOS. You have clearly lost your contact with reality with these prices.

[SNIP]

Edited to remove inappropriate content

God forbid anyone talk *** about overpriced items that aren't even complete yet (hats you can't dye and an overpriced mount that doesn't even show saddle/bag/etc upgrades). Every time I see this kind of moderation on a game rated M, I cringe a little. You guys spend way too much time trying to police the forums, and not enough time: Fixing bugs (and there are A LOT of them in this game), Fixing Synergies (god forbid we actually properly use our Moondancer and Alkosh and Twilight Remedy gear), and the list goes on.

How about working on another trial? You realize you have an end game scene, and as it stands we'll have been on Maw and only maw for about.. 15-16 months, with no ETA on more?

Edit me all day long, it just shows me that you know I'm right Zenimax.
    <Malacath's Trousers>
    Guild Master and Trouser King
    -Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj: 50,000+

Champion Rank - 700
    50 StamsOrc Flawless Conqueror and Master Angler
    50 Altmer Healplar
    50 Argonian Stamblade Ganker
    50 Breton Magicka Nightblade DPS
    50 Bosmer Stamina Templar DPS
    50 Khajiit Dragonknight DPS
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    And more hats we can't dye? Don't mind if I do!

Wait, the hats can not be dyed? What the heck, that seems really lame. I thought one of the ESO subscriber benefits was custom dying everything. Is this true?

Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭
    And more hats we can't dye? Don't mind if I do!

Wait, the hats can not be dyed? What the heck, that seems really lame. I thought one of the ESO subscriber benefits was custom dying everything. Is this true?
    It's apparently a bug that they've said will be fixed in February.
    UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
    UESP forum/blog/Discord admin, wiki patroller, NA/PC Guild Advisor
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that they're taking a "Steam early access game" approach to premium items in the crown store while having the bloody in-game festival hoods dyeable is a slap in the face. No, I will not pay you any more for crap that is not finished that you may or may not fix in the future. And I really, REALLY wanted that elk mount too but leaving out the visual mount upgrades is an absolutely godawful joke at that price that I will not support. Unless you promise those visual upgrades lickety split and deliver on them within a pre-determined time frame you can go to hell, I'm not paying a single crown for that thing. I'm done with having my goodwill and loyalty abused.
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    I needed my cap painted red for the holidays. Not red for valentines. Disappointed.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shazgob wrote: »
    Every time I see this kind of moderation on a game rated M, I cringe a little. You guys spend way too much time trying to police the forums, and not enough time: Fixing bugs (and there are A LOT of them in this game), Fixing Synergies (god forbid we actually properly use our Moondancer and Alkosh and Twilight Remedy gear), and the list goes on.

How about working on another trial? You realize you have an end game scene, and as it stands we'll have been on Maw and only maw for about.. 15-16 months, with no ETA on more?

Forum mods are employed specifically to mod the forum. You don't want them trying to fix the game, do you?!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shazgob wrote: »
    Every time I see this kind of moderation on a game rated M, I cringe a little. You guys spend way too much time trying to police the forums, and not enough time: Fixing bugs (and there are A LOT of them in this game), Fixing Synergies (god forbid we actually properly use our Moondancer and Alkosh and Twilight Remedy gear), and the list goes on.

Forum mods are employed specifically to mod the forum. You don't want them trying to fix the game, do you?!

No... but, the forum mods do a good job with the forums. :smile: They should be an inspiration for the rest of the studio.

Edited by Elsonso on December 23, 2016 1:33AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in this set of items interests me. But...

^This.

Also:
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns with us regarding the Great Elk mount. We do take your feedback into consideration for future Crown Store content releases. Because of its geometry and the fact that it already has adornment by default, this particular mount does not have an upgraded look for maxed out riding skills as some of our other mounts do. Some of our mounts will have this upgraded look, and some will not. In the future, we will do better at letting everyone know ahead of time which do and which don’t.

Apparently the lack of visible upgrades is intentional, or at least not something they plan to change.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭

^This.

Also:
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns with us regarding the Great Elk mount. We do take your feedback into consideration for future Crown Store content releases. Because of its geometry and the fact that it already has adornment by default, this particular mount does not have an upgraded look for maxed out riding skills as some of our other mounts do. Some of our mounts will have this upgraded look, and some will not. In the future, we will do better at letting everyone know ahead of time which do and which don’t.

Apparently the lack of visible upgrades is intentional, or at least not something they plan to change.

I find it hard to believe "geometry" made it impossible or impractical given they managed upgrades for the bear and other mounts not shaped like a traditional horse, but I don't know the technical limitations they're working under to be honest - it just reeks far more of "we didn't want to work that hard." *Rolley eyes* And while that's fine on it's own, you don't charge 4,500 crowns for a "meh" attempt at something.
    Edited by Xeroxed on December 23, 2016 2:42AM
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeroxed wrote: »

^This.

Also:
    Hi everyone,

I find it hard to believe "geometry" made it impossible or impractical given they managed upgrades for the bear and other mounts not shaped like a traditional horse, but I don't know the technical limitations they're working under to be honest - it just reeks far more of "we didn't want to work that hard." *Rolley eyes* And while that's fine on it's own, you don't charge 4,500 crowns for a "meh" attempt at something.

It is a company, so it must be lack of resources, not lazyness.

Which worries me. I hope they HAVE the resources and just put it somewhere else (somewhere gameplay-related, hopefully). The final price of the mount, however, makes me think that maybe that isn't the case.

I am not upset, really. I'm worried.

Best case scenario, they are trying to raise money fast for an expansion. In the past, I saw MMOs selling life time subscriptions and the likes with this objective. Maybe ZOS decided to go with selling overpriced cosmetics that had low resources allocated to their making and the RNG boxes.

Worst case scenario, they are trying to get as much money as possible before turning off the lights and are going F2P very soon.

I hope it is the first case.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even care about the price if the quality is on par. If you're gonna release an exclusive mount and make it as expensive as this one, I at least expect you to bother modelling it from scratch and put visible upgrades on it. Using the horse as a base is just lazy and greedy. It's by far the ugliest mount in this game, which makes the price even more absurd. Look at images/videos of the animal you're trying to model next time - there's absolutely no way you did so with this one.

It wouldn't bother me so much if the general quality and style in this game were consistent, but they aren't. There's way prettier models in the game - even the useless elks in Wrothgar look 10x better than this mount does. One of the reasons I like ESO is because the overall design is one of the best I've seen in MMOs and it doesn't have that cartoony feel to it.
    stam scrub
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    "There's a sucker born every minute."
    -- P.T. Barnum
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Xeroxed wrote: »

^This.

Also:
    Hi everyone,

It is a company, so it must be lack of resources, not lazyness.

Which worries me. I hope they HAVE the resources and just put it somewhere else (somewhere gameplay-related, hopefully). The final price of the mount, however, makes me think that maybe that isn't the case.

I am not upset, really. I'm worried.

Best case scenario, they are trying to raise money fast for an expansion. In the past, I saw MMOs selling life time subscriptions and the likes with this objective. Maybe ZOS decided to go with selling overpriced cosmetics that had low resources allocated to their making and the RNG boxes.

Worst case scenario, they are trying to get as much money as possible before turning off the lights and are going F2P very soon.

I hope it is the first case.

Companies and people within them definitely can be lazy, take shortcuts, etc.

/me looks at his network users at work

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]