The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Limited New Life Festival Items Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms)

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Three New Life Festival-themed Crown Store offerings are now available in the ESO Crown Store! Get them for a limited time between December 22 and the morning of January 4.

Great Elk
a7e675f75b4ef28386631929904cb840.jpg
Though the Reachmen of Markarth say they were the first to successfully domesticate the Great Elk of Skyrim and break them as mounts, the Nords of Haafingar deride this claim, saying it was really all their idea. But you just want a majestic mount with a built-in hat-rack, so who cares?

The Great Elk mount costs 4,500 crowns and will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the New Life Festival, from December 22 to January 4.

New Life Festival Cap
04b331c02ba40d2195cf5b43e7f54746.jpg
Celebrate the turning of the year and the return of Magnus the Sun in this festive New Life cap. With a bobbing ball of fur on the end of its tapering blue velvet wimple, everyone will know you're the life of the winter party!

The New Life Festival Cap costs 500 crowns and will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the New Life Festival, from December 22 to January 4.

New Life Monk's Cap
6381207e793860b2d8bc016f271b987c.jpg
For those who wish to celebrate New Life without tawdry and garish display, we offer this more modest festival hat, well suited to austere monks, simple merchants, Resolutes of Stendarr, and holy knights vowed to poverty. Because New Life is for everyone!

The New Life Monk's Cap costs 500 crowns and will be available on all platforms for a limited time during the New Life Festival, from December 22 to January 4.

We also want to call out that the hats, while not currently dyeable, will be dyeable (the fabric area, not the fur) when Update 13 launches in February.

Show us your holiday cheer by taking screenshots and video featuring these festive new items, and share them with us on Instagram, Twitter @TESOnline, and here on the official forums. Happy New Life Festival, everyone!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahahahaha 4,500 Clowns. And more hats we can't dye? Don't mind if I do!
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shame on you ZOS. You have clearly lost your contact with reality with these prices.

[SNIP]

Edited to remove inappropriate content
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on December 22, 2016 5:33PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holiday price gouging. Awesome

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also want to call out that the hats, while not currently dyeable, will be dyeable (the fabric area, not the fur) when Update 13 launches in February.

Very happy to hear this!

Edited by Elsonso on December 22, 2016 3:30PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Shame on you ZOS. You have clearly lost your contact with reality with these prices.

[SNIP]

Edited to remove inappropriate content

This.

Either explain to your customers why this mount is more expensive than any other (or indeed, any DLC), or accept that many of your playerbase think you should be ashamed of yourselves. Santa will be disappointed with you too.
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on December 22, 2016 5:33PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For that price, does the Great Elk mount fly? (I know the answer, I just think for that price it *should* fly!)

I would love to see a video when you guys release new mounts and pets, by the way. The in-game preview is very limited.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a real shame that the Elk mount has no decorative armor, bags or riding upgrades and that you cannot dye the hats.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    For that price, does the Great Elk mount fly? (I know the answer, I just think for that price it *should* fly!)

I would love to see a video when you guys release new mounts and pets, by the way. The in-game preview is very limited.

This. I'm foolish and will spend 4500 crowns on a mount, but I really can't justify spending it on a mount I may dislike the animations for. I never cared for the bear animations so I never got any of them. I'd be choked if I liked it standing (only thing you see while previewing) and then it ended up having animations I didn't like.

I realize currently we can't get the full preview in game, so if you folks could release a video that would be great.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It should have a red nose you can toggle on or off for that kind of money...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, when considering the fact that the Dro'Mathra mount, which had special animations, special effects, and a special skin, and costed 500 crowns less, why, in the name of all things holy, would I waste a minimum of $32 (up to $45) for a mount that is just a in game animal with a slapped on saddle ?
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How zenimax stole christmas
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

This. I'm foolish and will spend 4500 crowns on a mount, but I really can't justify spending it on a mount I may dislike the animations for. I never cared for the bear animations so I never got any of them. I'd be choked if I liked it standing (only thing you see while previewing) and then it ended up having animations I didn't like.

I realize currently we can't get the full preview in game, so if you folks could release a video that would be great.

I guess we're both foolish then! But if new mount models are going to cost this much from now on, I want to know what I'm getting into before I spend the money (or anyone else, because without a video I'll have to stalk people who bought it in game to see).
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what i've seen from other players in game, it shares the same movement as a horse.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't justify paying 4500 crowns for the elk, disappointed. =/
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember, even if you don't like the animations you can still use it - literally - as a mantelpiece.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    content has been lackluster this past year. overall boredom is setting in. I think its time for an unsub for awhile
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Great Elk certainly does look majestic. Pity the price isn't.

Good job I like walking everywhere...
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    For that price, does the elk come with a maelstrom sharpened inferno staff? If yes, i'll buy it
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    menedhyn wrote: »

Good job I like walking everywhere...

Well, I would say otherwise: the price is majestic but the elk isn't.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am done with mounts, i do not need 11th one.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was watching a couple in Rawl. They scale to the rider in size. The run animation looks good. The sound they make is a squeal, which is probably accurate to the elk, but it has that ice-pick-in-the-ear quality for me. The sound is more appropriate than that wolf, though.
    Okay, when considering the fact that the Dro'Mathra mount, which had special animations, special effects, and a special skin, and costed 500 crowns less, why, in the name of all things holy, would I waste a minimum of $32 (up to $45) for a mount that is just a in game animal with a slapped on saddle ?

Inflation. In my opinion, prices of high end mounts have been creeping up, and will probably continue to do that until people stop buying them.
    menedhyn wrote: »

Oh, sounds like many consider the price to be majestic. Like this next person... :smiley:
    Edited by Elsonso on December 22, 2016 4:40PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    I was planning on buying the mount. What a joke you've brought for Christmas, ZOS. :D Careful not to suffocate on all that money in your throat.
  • shootatme80
    shootatme80
    ✭✭✭
    I was really looking forward to the elk mount. There is absolutely NO WAY I'm going to pay the ridiculous price for it. Maybe if the price comes down. But as of right now, I'll just live with what I've got.
    Xbone/NA
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭

Inflation. In my opinion, prices of high end mounts have been creeping up, and will probably continue to do that until people stop buying them.

Inflation? That would not be the community's fault for putting crows on sale as Zenimax is the only one with that control. While the abundance of crowns may cause some trouble at HQ, the act of raising the cost of this 1,800 crown mount 250% to adjust for the 40% sale of crowns is not the way to do it.

Charging absurd prices to supposedly drain the excess crowns from the game only comes off as exploitative of a enthusiastic community at best and will probably erode the trust in the consumer of the quality of products ZoS is willing to shove out.
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really was not expecting the elk to cost that much. I'm going to need to see it in action.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's quite a price point. 4,500 crowns is approaching "only whales need apply" territory.

At least we don't see gameplay designed around the Shop. Crown Shop purchases are not integral to vertical advancement. At least, not yet. But this, combined with the introduction of gambleboxes does start to look like a trend. Please don't become Archeage or Neverwinter.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gush these prices are so out of control.

I'm really surprised to bring it first here, but... you know... this is about the crates.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hats that aren't dye-able? And the elk mount apparently lacks visual upgrades? I thought the Crown Store was supposed to be for high end items, sort of a "best of the best", but it seems like a lot of these items aren't finished or aren't QA tested. Why are you continually releasing items that aren't quite ready?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    It's a real shame that the Elk mount has no decorative armor, bags or riding upgrades and that you cannot dye the hats.

Is the lack of upgrades also a bug? Also, why no fix to dyes until Feb?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Squeezoid
    Squeezoid
    ✭✭
    4.5k for the elk is a f* rip off.. SHAME on you all.. greedy ***.
    The aliens are coming for me!! They're gonna use my butt for stuff! SQUEE!!!!!!!!! ~