Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Elemental Fury – PvE Heavy Attack DK Build (Wolfhunter Ready)

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    IA would only increase your damage in a significant way when running solo since in groups you usually have enough uptime to Minor Vulnerability from heavy attack on off-balanced enemies. But that may change in the next patch since potential concussed/off-balance will be cut for the enemies that matter, namely trial and dungeon bosses, from upwards of 90% to less than 30% due to the fact that once off-balanced, they will receive 15s of immunity to that effect. Also this change will greatly affect the DK ability to use the free Flame Lash against off-balanced enemies, so you will probably need to heavy attack much more than nowadays. So I would go for 5 BSW 5IA front bar, Maelstrom lightning nirnhoned (solo) and inferno infused or precise (groups) since the healers will probably keep using lightning backbar next patch. Also if someone else is using IA in the group, you can drop one piece and use a full monster set, preferably Grotharr, Skoria or even the new Zaan. With the upcoming immunity it will suffice for one person to run it in 4 man content and 2, maybe 3 in a trial. With more the off-balance chance will not increase, but DPS will decrease since flame blockade is stronger and puts additional debuffs on target, that have no cooldown. So

Solo: 5 BSW 5 IA w Maelstrom lightning backbar and 1 monster set that gives maximum magicka/spell damage/spell critical
    Group: 5 BSW or Julianos 4 IA w Maelstrom inferno back bar and 2 Grothdarr/Skoria/Zaan

There´s a bug with 5 piece IA at the moment. Someone in my trialgroup said that the effect from 5 IA removes major fracture from the enemy it´s applied to, so personally I would avoid using 5 IA until it´s fixed.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    IA would only increase your damage in a significant way when running solo since in groups you usually have enough uptime to Minor Vulnerability from heavy attack on off-balanced enemies. But that may change in the next patch since potential concussed/off-balance will be cut for the enemies that matter, namely trial and dungeon bosses, from upwards of 90% to less than 30% due to the fact that once off-balanced, they will receive 15s of immunity to that effect. Also this change will greatly affect the DK ability to use the free Flame Lash against off-balanced enemies, so you will probably need to heavy attack much more than nowadays. So I would go for 5 BSW 5IA front bar, Maelstrom lightning nirnhoned (solo) and inferno infused or precise (groups) since the healers will probably keep using lightning backbar next patch. Also if someone else is using IA in the group, you can drop one piece and use a full monster set, preferably Grotharr, Skoria or even the new Zaan. With the upcoming immunity it will suffice for one person to run it in 4 man content and 2, maybe 3 in a trial. With more the off-balance chance will not increase, but DPS will decrease since flame blockade is stronger and puts additional debuffs on target, that have no cooldown. So

Solo: 5 BSW 5 IA w Maelstrom lightning backbar and 1 monster set that gives maximum magicka/spell damage/spell critical
    Group: 5 BSW or Julianos 4 IA w Maelstrom inferno back bar and 2 Grothdarr/Skoria/Zaan

There´s a bug with 5 piece IA at the moment. Someone in my trialgroup said that the effect from 5 IA removes major fracture from the enemy it´s applied to, so personally I would avoid using 5 IA until it´s fixed.

If you only use 4 pieces in a group it shouldn't be an issue though. For solo removing Major Fracture is inconsequential since it doesn't affect your DPS, which is magic/elemental based and thus benefits from Major Breach. I've heard about a bug that was present in Morrowind that made the Minor Vulnerability applied by IA remove the concussed/off-balance effect ruining the up time for that. But it has been fixed in HotR. I even went with my Sorcerer in a trial, using the self-buffed rotation, and it didn't seem to remove any off-balance; there are even now some bosses that can't be off-balanced, ex. the Storm Atronach in vAA. But the fracture bug seems to be a new one. In any case it's pretty easy to test if you use Pierce Armor with a random sword and board on front bar, then heavy attack with 5p IA from back bar and check in the target debuff tracker of the first debuff is removed. I'm curious so I'll give it a test on my Templar later.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

Exactly the kind of response I was looking as always :-)

Having looked at some of the new sets there does seem to be some potential there once the numbers have been crunched properly.

My reason asking around the 5 IA is given that @pizzaow nailed the HA based rotation I wondered on the benefits.

I have considered hanging back to Flame Staff but the general damage and AoE from Shock I find too good to pass up.

One thing I have found is that the Shock destro ult seems to do more damage than the fire (even with engulfing, and burning on the enemy). Not sure if that’s just me or not but having tested both there’s a good 10k+ to the Shock usually. Has anyone found he same or able to confirm?

The only thing I need to test now is running standard over elm rage to see if that has a significant effect on DPS on the flame lash and HA setups. I’m just a bit of a burst junky, hence not bothering to check it out.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Due to the current change son the PTS, this build will not be updated anymore and is (as of now) not viable anymore if Dragon Bones hits live as it is on the PTS. My MAgicka DK will finally be the designated crafting char it was intended to become.

If it stays like this i'm not going to update my builds anymore.
    Edited by Masel on January 22, 2018 11:33PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Due to the current change son the PTS, this build will not be updated anymore and is (as of now) not viable anymore if Dragon Bones hits live as it is on the PTS. My MAgicka DK will finally be the designated crafting char it was intended to become.

yeah, I hear you. :( Just after I finally got my lightning vMA staff and retraited it. meh...

max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

I had a feeling that this may happen. This is a sad day for all of us MagDK faithfuls. Regardless of what happens thanks for the hard work you’ve put into keeping the wet noodle alive for as long as you have.

Curiously, what will be your go to DPS toon going forward?
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I went onto the PTS to test this build, and the nerf is heavy. I can barely break 30k DPS on the PTS, while my stamina DK, stamplar and Stamsorc still do 37k without fracture... so i guess i can call this one dead for now.
    Edited by Masel on February 9, 2018 12:16PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    I went onto the PTS to test this build, and the nerf is heavy. I can barely break 30k DPS on the PTS, while my stamina DK, stamplar and Stamsorc still do 37k without fracture... so i guess i can call this one dead for now.

This is a sad day indeed. I'll do some messing around once it gits console and see what i can come up with and report back
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Well i wouldnt say it is completely dead, i just switched to fire blockade and adjusted CPs according to the new patch:

CpmYAiR.jpg

jErnUbt.jpg

Once the patch is there on monday, i'll test a bit more to see how much i can get out, maybe having lighning blockade is still better.. Still theres not really a reason to use it as stam DK is a lot better in melee.
    Edited by Masel on February 10, 2018 5:30PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i wouldnt say it is completely dead, i just switched to fire blockade and adjusted CPs according to the new patch:

CpmYAiR.jpg

jErnUbt.jpg

Once the patch is there on monday, i'll test a bit more to see how much i can get out, maybe having lighning blockade is still better.. Still theres not really a reason to use it as stam DK is a lot better in melee.

Curious what your stamdk build is, I've been using your heavy attack build here or a at least my own version of it for a while, but if the nerf is that heavy I may have to retcon my mage character entirely and go with a stamina build instead.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

CpmYAiR.jpg

jErnUbt.jpg

Curious what your stamdk build is, I've been using your heavy attack build here or a at least my own version of it for a while, but if the nerf is that heavy I may have to retcon my mage character entirely and go with a stamina build instead.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/373570/eruption-stamina-dk-pve-dd-vma-build-cwc-vhof-approved#latest

There you go!
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92 I've found similar findings, though I was using the typical flame lash build. The first pts phase I was able to hit 41k dps on the 6 mil dummy. Then when the 3rd patch hit I was still able to manage 36-37k on the 6 mil dummy. Now after they completely fixing off balance on dummies, I'm only able to get about 34-35k dps. That's with changing to more heavies and less lashes, and fire blockade because the 5 second window of off balance is laughable. I barely have time to get a heavy attack off for resources let alone cast one or two power lashes. It's a real shame.. but I've shelved my DK for my Stamblade. His 44-45k dps is much more reliable.
    Edited by WatchYourSixx on February 10, 2018 6:54PM
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s kinda sad to see this build fade away. Think this was the build that opened my eyes for off-balance setups and made me like magDK in PvE.
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    It´s kinda sad to see this build fade away. Think this was the build that opened my eyes for off-balance setups and made me like magDK in PvE.

Yeah. I get that it was a powerful buff, but this is such a stupid design that doesn't make sense. I laughed so hard when I read that awful blog post where they promoted this as a positive change. Just remove the cooldown and tone down the exploiter or reduce the damage that heavy attacks do against off-balance enemies...

We've been saying that magplar and mag dk have been imbalanced for two patches and they do nothing against it and implement this change that no-one in the community asked for.
    Edited by Masel on February 10, 2018 8:20PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CpmYAiR.jpg

jErnUbt.jpg

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/373570/eruption-stamina-dk-pve-dd-vma-build-cwc-vhof-approved#latest

There you go!

Looks like an interesting build but I was hoping for something more poison themes to work with venomous claw and noxious breath.

Do you think something like viper sting + Morag tong could hold up? Can't seem to find many poison sets.
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to spend some money trying out the stamina builds for dk and tbh I find I do much better even with my outdated magicka heavy attack build. Maybe I'm just terrible at the stamina dps playstyle, but I die more often and do less damage. The magicka build has more aoe available, better resource management, and can throw about an 18k damage shield up every 6 seconds if need be nearly doubling my effective health pool. Stamina just gets stomped.

Really need to see about finding a way to stay competetive as a magicka dk dps next patch.
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to spend some money trying out the stamina builds for dk and tbh I find I do much better even with my outdated magicka heavy attack build. Maybe I'm just terrible at the stamina dps playstyle, but I die more often and do less damage. The magicka build has more aoe available, better resource management, and can throw about an 18k damage shield up every 6 seconds if need be nearly doubling my effective health pool. Stamina just gets stomped.

Really need to see about finding a way to stay competetive as a magicka dk dps next patch.

What you described is literally my beef with stamina full stop. I just cant get on with the play style.

I too will be testing and and working to keep the MagDK relevant where possible.

One thing i'll be testing is a full flame build, using Molten Whip and sticking FoO on the front bar to benefit from the extra spell damage from the whip morph.

Also, i know the sustain would be shocking (possibly) but has anyone tried a Force Pulse / Crushing Shock style build, or maybe mixed a few skills from Destro / Mages skill lines to see if DPS can be recouped from elsewhere?
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What you described is literally my beef with stamina full stop. I just cant get on with the play style.

I too will be testing and and working to keep the MagDK relevant where possible.

One thing i'll be testing is a full flame build, using Molten Whip and sticking FoO on the front bar to benefit from the extra spell damage from the whip morph.

Also, i know the sustain would be shocking (possibly) but has anyone tried a Force Pulse / Crushing Shock style build, or maybe mixed a few skills from Destro / Mages skill lines to see if DPS can be recouped from elsewhere?

Looking forward to seeing your results. I have recently turned my sorc tank to a stamina dps build and find it does much better than the stamdk for me. Lots of passive healing, always have major and minor ward and resolve up, better damage output both single target and aoe than my magdk, and all around simpler to play than stamdk.

Still undecided on what to do with my dk. If someone can come up with a viable magicka dps build id love to use it but that character may be forced back into tanking.
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

Looking forward to seeing your results. I have recently turned my sorc tank to a stamina dps build and find it does much better than the stamdk for me. Lots of passive healing, always have major and minor ward and resolve up, better damage output both single target and aoe than my magdk, and all around simpler to play than stamdk.

Still undecided on what to do with my dk. If someone can come up with a viable magicka dps build id love to use it but that character may be forced back into tanking.

Using 5 BSW (3 jewellery, 2 body) / 4 MK (3 body and both weapons) / 2 Ilambris (both heavy). All armor is Divines, using Apprentice and Solitide Salmon and Millet food.

I kept my bars the same, but swapped out for molten whip and now have a charged flame staff with a Shock glyph.

Managed to hit 26k easily by replacing the LA+Lash spam with HA+Molt Whip. I did this rotation without using animation cancelling to speed things up. Sustain is about average so had to pop a couple of pots in between using Ult for resource gain. Also swapped Shootig Star to the back bar and put Standars of Might on from bar, and used this undead. Burst damage isn’t as good but it showed better results than Elemental Rage on front bar. Will test again later but using elemental rage on back bar as before (shock staff on back bar) and see what the numbers look like. Will also try with Force Pulse / Crushing Shock and see how that holds up in place of whip.

I imagine that a vMA staff will make a big difference somewhere in all this but sadly I’ve yet to complete vMA.

@Asardes question for yourself if I may. I’ve noticed a lot of DK builds online recommend using Spell Crit pots even though you get major project and sorcery from molten arms and inner light. Is there any reason they recommend this? I’ve always stayed away from pots since you advised me on same effects not stacking so just wondered.
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, I can't stand these devs. It's really unacceptable that our entire class is non-viable to do poor balance decisions. Even off-meta builds like this are failing, that's so sad.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can use simple crafted restore magicka potions or even dropped ones if you have major sorcery and prophecy from skills. Spell power pots are expensive. Unless you want to use other skills or going for leaderboard scores there's no point in using them.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just ended up going back to a tank build on my dk, my magicka nightblade easily outperforms the dk in damage now and is a far more effective healer as well, making group finder queue much quicker.
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I wouldnt call this completely dead by the way (hope this makes you guys happy):

8q0VUdH.jpg

luDCeRn.jpg

2 Zaan, 5 BSW, 4 Aether, Maelstrom Inferno Back Bar.

Skills: Harness Magicka, Burningg Embers, Engulfing Flames, FoO, Inner light, Destro Ulti

Molten Armaments, Eruption, Blockade, Beast Trap, Inner light, Meteor

If you wanna use guard, you can replace trap and FoO and put FoO on back bar where inner light is (gives you major prophecy as well!)
    Edited by Masel on March 6, 2018 4:13PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt call this completely dead by the way (hope this makes you guys happy):

8q0VUdH.jpg

luDCeRn.jpg

Skills: Harness Magicka, Burningg Embers, Engulfing Flames, FoO, Inner light, Destro Ulti

If you wanna use guard, you can replace trap and FoO and put FoO on back bar where inner light is (gives you major prophecy as well!)

Zaan OP, doing as much damage as Burning!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

8q0VUdH.jpg

luDCeRn.jpg

Not gonna lie, this makes me really happy.

I changed to StamDK (staying as Dunmer because non meta lol). I was following your Eruption StamDK a little but ended up changing a few things as Sunderflame was being kind to me in drops so I ended up with Red Mountain / Spriggans / Skoria (as I destroyed all my stam gear a while back).

Looks like I may change back to Mag tonight

What does your rotation look like? And with CP did you make any changes or keep it the same and allocated the extra 10 for each tree where they best fit?
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

8q0VUdH.jpg

luDCeRn.jpg

I changed to StamDK (staying as Dunmer because non meta lol). I was following your Eruption StamDK a little but ended up changing a few things as Sunderflame was being kind to me in drops so I ended up with Red Mountain / Spriggans / Skoria (as I destroyed all my stam gear a while back).

What does your rotation look like? And with CP did you make any changes or keep it the same and allocated the extra 10 for each tree where they best fit?

As for CP, I redistributed them, I can't give you the exact setup right now as I am traveling, but I took around 20 out of the exploiter and put it into spell erosion/staff expert and master at arms.

Rotation was similar:

Molten, Cast eruption and FoO every second rotation, blockade & trap every rotation (skip trap with guard) , heavy attack - engulfing - heavy attack - embers, repeat. Sometimes when you recast FoO and Eruption on the back bar you gotta skip one Heavy Attack. Can upload a rotation video next week..
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

8q0VUdH.jpg

luDCeRn.jpg

As for CP, I redistributed them, I can't give you the exact setup right now as I am traveling, but I took around 20 out of the exploiter and put it into spell erosion/staff expert and master at arms.

Rotation was similar:

Molten, Cast eruption and FoO every second rotation, blockade & trap every rotation (skip trap with guard) , heavy attack - engulfing - heavy attack - embers, repeat. Sometimes when you recast FoO and Eruption on the back bar you gotta skip one Heavy Attack. Can upload a rotation video next week..

That would be amazing. Thankyou. I look forward to it.

In the mean time I’ll have a mess and see how I go.

Can’t tell you how much this has made my day (and a few others I know as well).
    Options
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    Mhh... I dont have vMA inferno yet, so I went with double lightning, even with only casting FOO or eruption I couldnt get 100% on Blockade and Engulfing + Embers :-/ 27k

Any way to make the build ranged (First boss vMoL ranged (engulfing could still work? from second line) or even full ranged vAA mage) and still get dps that wont get voted down in vet Trials?
    Edited by WAMB0 on March 13, 2018 9:30PM
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Mhh... I dont have vMA inferno yet, so I went with double lightning, even with only casting FOO or eruption I couldnt get 100% on Blockade and Engulfing + Embers :-/ 27k

Any way to make the build ranged (First boss vMoL ranged (engulfing could still work? from second line) or even full ranged vAA mage) and still get dps that wont get voted down in vet Trials?

There's one build you can try out (but you're gonna need a vMA inferno as well):

2 Ilambris, 5 BSW, 4 Aether, 1 vMA Inferno.

Front bar: Harness, shock clench, Lightweight Trap, FoO, Inner Light, Shooting Star

Back Bar: Molten Armaments, Eruption, Blockade, Fire Clench, Inner light, Destro Ultimate

The two clench skills stack because you have lightning and fire staffs. This build has a 18m range, BUT you need a tank that applies engulfing bc otherwise you lose a ton of dps...

I can't tell you the overall dps of that build, haven't tested it yet, but that would be what I'd go for if I wanted to stay ranged...
    Edited by Masel on March 13, 2018 10:40PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    @mahoromax+esob16_ESO

i tested the ranged build:

NYl5Zn3.jpg

0ut9tAy.jpg

With engulfing flames applied you'll obviously reach more!

so the damage loss is not that big :smile:

PC EU

Youtube:
    Options