The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elemental Fury – PvE Heavy Attack DK Build (Wolfhunter Ready)

• mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @masel92 I noticed your latest update of the gear sets had you frontbar a flame staff instead of lightning. Does the flame staff heavy attack now do more than lightning?

Also, any advice on adapting this build for pvp? I was thinking of pairing undaunted infiltrator with shacklebreaker, sloads or knight slayer.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    @masel92 I noticed your latest update of the gear sets had you frontbar a flame staff instead of lightning. Does the flame staff heavy attack now do more than lightning?

Also, any advice on adapting this build for pvp? I was thinking of pairing undaunted infiltrator with shacklebreaker, sloads or knight slayer.

Pls no sloads. Inflitrator can be nice, it gives you flat damage that can wreck things in pvp! i used it in BGs and it does hurt!
    Fixed the inferno thingy for you
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • TarmoRhox
    TarmoRhox
    Soul Shriven
    I’m a bit supprised that torug’s was taken over undaunted infiltrator - set which after Summerset patch should become powerhouse to such builds as
    1. Its jewelry can be transmuted from robust to arcane or bloodthirsty
    2. You can finally use its lightning staff and keep vMA staff on back bar and take inferno for more damage (espessialy as DK)
    3. Its Max Magicka bonuses now benefit LA and HAs

Have you tried it? Does torugs really that better just because of last bonus?
    Edited by TarmoRhox on July 28, 2018 7:25PM
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    TarmoRhox wrote: »
    I’m a bit supprised that torug’s was taken over undaunted infiltrator - set which after Summerset patch should become powerhouse to such builds as
    2. You can finally use its lightning staff and keep vMA staff on back bar and take inferno for more damage (espessialy as DK)

Torugs even outparses julianos for me on light attack builds. Infiltrator is okay, but you lose a bonus and you lose the status effect uptime from Torugs.

Torugs also makes you really tanky. You have 19k health and over 20k spell resistance.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • kts
    kts
    ✭✭✭
    Wait what, are we talking about torugs pact aka the set tanks use, now for dpsing?!
  • ElFonz0
    ElFonz0
    ✭✭
    The main value of Torug's is the boost to enchantments, which is something that every role could use. Thus, just because a set is used by a certain role, doesnt mean other roles cant.

An example is Alkosh: designed as a stam dps set but almost exclusively sees use by tanks. Nothing stopping the stam from wearing and using it, though.

Related, does Torugs effect apply to the back bar enchant/both enchants? If the back bar is infused but the front bar isn't, does the backbar still act like it's infused?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    ElFonz0 wrote: »
    The main value of Torug's is the boost to enchantments, which is something that every role could use. Thus, just because a set is used by a certain role, doesnt mean other roles cant.

An example is Alkosh: designed as a stam dps set but almost exclusively sees use by tanks. Nothing stopping the stam from wearing and using it, though.

Related, does Torugs effect apply to the back bar enchant/both enchants? If the back bar is infused but the front bar isn't, does the backbar still act like it's infused?

Yes, I infused carries over. If you have torugs on the front bar, it affects BOTH enchantments while you are on that bar. Same goes for the charged trait. Torugs does not carry over though.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @masel92

If I'm building for pvp with infiltrator lightning staff, should I use charged or infused?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »

Torugs even outparses julianos for me on light attack builds. Infiltrator is okay, but you lose a bonus and you lose the status effect uptime from Torugs.

Torugs also makes you really tanky. You have 19k health and over 20k spell resistance.

Torugs doesn't decrease the enchant bonus to 1 second does it, if running with infused? It simply increases the overall damage but the enchant proc remains at 2s?
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds funny :D
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Torugs doesn't decrease the enchant bonus to 1 second does it, if running with infused? It simply increases the overall damage but the enchant proc remains at 2s?

It reduces the cooldown to 1.4 seconds, that is 4*0.5*0.7.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • darkgrinch
    darkgrinch
    Soul Shriven
    Why no weapon damage enchant on front bar? Is the combined power of shock + flame glyph better then shock + weapon damage? Have you tested it?
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    darkgrinch wrote: »
    Why no weapon damage enchant on front bar? Is the combined power of shock + flame glyph better then shock + weapon damage? Have you tested it?

Yep. I tested it. With berserker, charged wouldnt make a lot of this would it?
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But the enchant hits only once for a full heavy lighting attack, isnt it? There is no chance that the enchant will proc on any of the ticks except the first one. That is what annoyed me when I used torug for a heavy attack pvp build.
    Because I can!
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

Yeah so you're only getting it every 2s at most, all thanks to the GCD right? So you're only benefiting from the damage increase NOT the cooldown reduction, as infused already brings that down to 2s.

I tried this on a light attack parse and it was a substantial DPS loss over BSW.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Bashev wrote: »

But the enchant hits only once for a full heavy lighting attack, isnt it? There is no chance that the enchant will proc on any of the ticks except the first one. That is what annoyed me when I used torug for a heavy attack pvp build.

It does proc on any tick, why wouldn't it?
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

It does proc on any tick, why wouldn't it?

Are you sure? When i tested it, with infused gold weapon and Toruc, I have never had 2 enchant procs in one fully charged heavy atack.
    Because I can!
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

Yeah so you're only getting it every 2s at most, all thanks to the GCD right? So you're only benefiting from the damage increase NOT the cooldown reduction, as infused already brings that down to 2s.

I tried this on a light attack parse and it was a substantial DPS loss over BSW.

That's pretty weird, because I got more dps on my mag warden with torugs over julianos and sorrow.

Torugs boosts your back bar enchant to 6875 damage, up from 5278. And they are able to crit.

You're right that the cooldown reduction on your back bar enchantment does not really apply, but that you get around 1.5k dps from the back bar enchant on top. And with a charged staff, the front bar one gets amplified by around 1k as well. I'll test again myself later, but that's what I got, BSW was lower dps for me.
    Edited by Masel on July 30, 2018 9:19AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering, have you tested if flame lash spam for every other rotation in place of FoO is better ST? Or perhaps backbarring FoO in place of acceleration since the build’s crit isn’t very high?

Looks good as always!
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭

That's pretty weird, because I got more dps on my mag warden with torugs over julianos and sorrow.

Torugs boosts your back bar enchant to 6875 damage, up from 5278. And they are able to crit.

You're right that the cooldown reduction on your back bar enchantment does not really apply, but that you get around 1.5k dps from the back bar enchant on top. And with a charged staff, the front bar one gets amplified by around 1k as well. I'll test again myself later, but that's what I got, BSW was lower dps for me.

You receive no bonus to cool-down reduction as 1.4s is no different than 2s.

The only benefit you are getting from torug's is 1500 enchant raw damage, plus losing 1, potentially 2 bonus stats. (depending if you like health or not).

So in hind-site the torug's 5 piece bonus for you is - increase enchantment damage by 30% and that's all (unless you're not using infused), which you are using charged so that's why it's somewhat beneficial. However that's definitely not worth 250 spell dmg or more from other sets.
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    Why is 1,4 no different from 2 ? (strange math :P)
    Good question whether every Lightning tick can proc it.

But for backbar: every blockade tick can proc it, or not?
    Blockade ticks every 1s, so with within 14 seconds with non torug's glyph can proc 7 times (lets pretend blockade is 100% up) at tick 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, (14?)
    But with torugs it can tick more often, with 0, 2, .... ah ***... XD I get it... bc the stuff that procs it does not tick in smaller intervalls... so the enchant has to wait for the tick... thats meh.

And you also cant get it more often on backbar LAs... bc then torugs isnt active....

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not trying to sound dps elitest, but 40k dps with near full penetration and buffs is on the lower side. While a cool idea, it isn't incredibly strong. I'd think with that much penetration you would be closer to 50k dps.

You're using lover which is generally seen as cheesy for test dummies, with light armor and cp you don't need lover in a group setting.

Really though, the dps is fine for most content, but I don't really see how this build is more fun than 1 that does more dmg unless it added something unique. The sustain is awesome I suppose. AoE dmg from the lightning staff is nice too, but it isn't really an AoE centered build if you can get more AoE dmg from diff setups that buff your AoE abilities, not just enchants.

Would love to see it again with a different mundus stone.

Edit: Watched the video.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 8, 2018 6:14PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Not trying to sound dps elitest, but 40k dps with near full penetration and buffs is on the lower side. While a cool idea, it isn't incredibly strong. I'd think with that much penetration you would be closer to 50k dps.

You're using lover which is generally seen as cheesy for test dummies, with light armor and cp you don't need lover in a group setting.

Really though, the dps is fine for most content, but I don't really see how this build is more fun than 1 that does more dmg unless it added something unique. The sustain is awesome I suppose. AoE dmg from the lightning staff is nice too, but it isn't really an AoE centered build if you can get more AoE dmg from diff setups that buff your AoE abilities, not just enchants.

This build isn't meant to be highest dps or anything, it is a build for easy relaxed trial clears, and to be fair, I cleared vMoL Hardmode, vHoF HM, vAS +2 and vCR up until +2 with it (the last one just to make a point).

Many players like this build, especially if they have high latency, physical disabilities etc. that prevents them from performing light attack rotations fluidly.

It's a lot of fun to play, and it is really relaxing compared to the rather stressful light attacks. It's a fun alternative to chill down a bit more.

You can get a bit more dps out of it with a lightning blockade on the back bar and putting more points into thaumaturge for exploiter, you'll have 70% more heavy attack damage while the enemy is off-balance and burst while it's active.
    Edited by Masel on September 8, 2018 7:57PM
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭

This build isn't meant to be highest dps or anything, it is a build for easy relaxed trial clears, and to be fair, I cleared vMoL Hardmode, vHoF HM, vAS +2 and vCR up until +2 with it (the last one just to make a point).

Many players like this build, especially if they have high latency, physical disabilities etc. that prevents them from performing light attack rotations fluidly.

It's a lot of fun to play, and it is really relaxing compared to the rather stressful light attacks. It's a fun alternative to chill down a bit more.

You can get a bit more dps out of it with a lightning blockade on the back bar and putting more points into thaumaturge for exploiter, you'll have 70% more heavy attack damage while the enemy is off-balance and burst while it's active.

I couldn't agree more. I've been using this build for a while now and it's allowed me to hit higher numbers than before and stroll into harder game content and be able to contribute more to the group i'm running with.

I'm still on the last patch version of the build (BSW / Infal) but it still runs the same and gives the desired results as well :-)
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Not much to do with the thread, but what is that next to combat metrics that says constellations? Is that something to adjust CP on the fly?
    vFG1 HM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    Not much to do with the thread, but what is that next to combat metrics that says constellations? Is that something to adjust CP on the fly?

@md3788

Its an addon called "constellations" that works in conjunction with Combat metrics. Basically, you can import a parse, and it will spit out the optimal CP distribution. It is a useful tool, but of course it is not perfect.
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    Can you add a Trash/AOE setup and a setup for "mobile" fights where Siroria is not good?

In Trash I imagine you want lightning frontbar as well, maybe change a few skills.

If we have to replace siroria, what would you choose? BSW? Scathing?
    You loose torugs while on backbar, so would in that case BSW FB and 5x torugs on body be better?

• Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    WAMB0 wrote: »
    Can you add a Trash/AOE setup and a setup for "mobile" fights where Siroria is not good?

In Trash I imagine you want lightning frontbar as well, maybe change a few skills.

If we have to replace siroria, what would you choose? BSW? Scathing?
    You loose torugs while on backbar, so would in that case BSW FB and 5x torugs on body be better?

I use the previous version of this build still but with changes to CP. It runs BSW, Infal (front bar only) and I change the monster set between Ilambris and Zaan (always used Grothdarr and found the numbers to be similar). I find it works well in all situations. I also use Dampen instead of Harness for the extra shield strength (the mag return is wasted otherwise imo).
  • WAMB0
    WAMB0
    ✭✭✭
    BSW is definitely fine and still pairable with Torugs for ST and movement intense fights.

But IA is like Torugs not for AOE fight, also IA is obsolete if a healer uses it already.
    I'd guess sth like BSW + Elegance / Undaunted ?
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    WAMB0 wrote: »
    BSW is definitely fine and still pairable with Torugs for ST and movement intense fights.

But IA is like Torugs not for AOE fight, also IA is obsolete if a healer uses it already.
    I'd guess sth like BSW + Elegance / Undaunted ?

True in respect of IA, however I make a point of running it where possible due to 100% uptime due to the builds nature. Plus it frees up the healer that would run it to potentially run another set for extra group buff (in theory). I've yet to craft and try with Torugs, but will be using it as the "replacement set" for situation where the healer absolute must run IA instead).